|Rōmaji||Yasaka no Magatama|
|Literal English||Eight Slopes Curved Jewel|
|Viz manga||Yasaka Beads|
|Manga||Volume #58, Chapter #551|
|Anime||Naruto Shippūden Episode #299|
|Game||Naruto Shippūden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3|
|Appears in||Anime, Manga, Game|
|Classification||Kekkei Genkai, Ninjutsu, Dōjutsu|
Through the use of Susanoo, the user is able to create the Yasaka Magatama from any of its hands, which can comprise of a single magatama to several bound together through their respective centres by a thread of chakra. Due to this structure, the tools act in a similar manner to that of a shuriken when thrown by Susanoo — rapidly spinning towards the intended target — and result in a powerful collision upon impact. The size of the created projectiles are dependent upon the user's intent and situation, with smaller variations often used when fighting in close quarters or confined spaces.
While all operating in a somewhat similar manner, the technique can assume multiple forms that differ slightly both in appearance and use. These range from:
- Three magatama bound together by a single, circular thread that are created either between two of Susanoo's hands or from just one, which are then propelled towards the target as a single combined projectile.
- A considerable number of magatama strung out between two of Susanoo's hands, using an interconnecting thread. These then detach themselves from one another once propelled towards the target, so that each magatama becomes a separate projectile. The power when the magatama are separated is comparable to explosive tags.
The Yasakani no Magatama (八尺瓊曲玉, Literally meaning: Eight Shaku Curved Jewel) is one of the Three Imperial Regalia of Japan (三種の神器, Sanshu no Jingi), together with the Kusanagi no Tsurugi (草薙劍, Literally meaning: Grass-Mowing Sword) and the Yata no Kagami (八咫鏡, Literally meaning: Eight Span Mirror).
- Itachi Uchiha asserts that the Yasaka Magatama is his strongest long-range technique. This is asserted in Naruto Shippūden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 when he throws the magatama and causes a massive explosion in the shape of a Sharingan.
- The shape of the single projectile variation of the Yasaka Magatama — three magatama bound together by a single circular line — is reminiscent of the completed form of the Sharingan.
- In Naruto Shippūden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3, Madara can make this technique a guided one, chasing Tsunade all over the aerial battlefield.