|Wood Clone Technique |
|Rōmaji||Moku Bunshin no Jutsu|
|Literal English||Wood Clone Technique|
|Viz manga||Art of the Wood Doppelganger|
|English TV||Wood Style: Wood Clone Jutsu|
|Other||Wood Release Clone (木遁分身, Mokuton Bunshin), Wood Release: Wood Clone Technique (木遁・木分身の術, Mokuton: Moku Bunshin no Jutsu)|
|Anime||Naruto Shippūden Episode #41|
|Game||Naruto Shippūden: Gekitō Ninja Taisen! EX 2|
|Appears in||Anime, Manga and Game|
|Classification||Kekkei Genkai, Ninjutsu, Clone Techniques|
|Hand seals||Tiger → Dog → Snake|
A clone that is created by using chakra to alter the user's own cells into vegetation. The clones can be as simple in function as a wooden dummy for use in the Body Replacement Technique or completely mobile and able to perform techniques. They have the ability to travel far from the user and are able to communicate with the original. Moreover, since the wood clone has the ability to merge with plants and trees, it is also great for reconnaissance missions. By directly touching the wood clone with his hand, the user can absorb the information it gathered and change the shape of the clone. Unlike other clone techniques, the wood clone doesn't disappear when hit and takes the damage to a certain degree. This, according to Madara Uchiha, makes it the perfect clone technique that only he, with his dōjutsu, was able to see through. These clones can also be dispelled like normal clones, however.
If a wood clone is changed into a seed and ingested into the body or left on a target, it can be used as a transmission device of sorts. The user can use these to track their target as the seeds respond to their chakra only.
One clone used by Hashirama showed a further aspect of the technique. Even after being struck down by a powerful attack, it could grow branches from its body to restrain the enemy, giving its allies an opportunity to counter.
- When Madara used this technique, he called it a "Wood Release Clone" (木遁分身, Mokuton Bunshin).
- When Hashirama used this technique, he called it "Wood Release: Wood Clone Technique" (木遁・木分身の術, Mokuton: Moku Bunshin no Jutsu).
- ↑ Third Databook, page 309
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Naruto chapter 577, page 13
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Naruto chapter 632, page 6
- ↑ Naruto chapter 288, page 11
- ↑ Naruto chapter 300, page 14
- ↑ Naruto chapter 301, page 14
- ↑ Naruto chapter 577 pages 10-11
- ↑ Naruto chapter 638, page 13
- ↑ Naruto chapter 301, pages 14-16
- ↑ Naruto chapter 639, pages 2-3