|This is the article on wind ninjutsu. If you are looking for the article on an episode of Naruto Shippūden, head to Wind. For other uses, see Wind (disambiguation).|
Wind Release (風遁, Fūton, English TV: Wind Style) is one of the five basic elemental nature transformations. It is performed by making chakra as sharp and thin as possible. Wind Release is mainly short to mid-ranged offensive techniques that combine brute force and keen precision to deal cutting and slashing damage. A rarity among the five chakra natures, wind techniques are usually performed by generating air circulation and can be enhanced through this method as well. Wind-natured chakra can also be channelled into blades to increase their cutting power and overall range.
Relationship with other Natures
- Wind is strong against lightning because it is a natural electrical insulator but weak against fire because the flames are fuelled by air.
- Wind Release can be used in conjunction with Fire Release to augment the strength of the fire technique.
- Additionally, it can be used with Water Release to increase the latter's concussive and overall destructive power.
- Wind-natured chakra is a component of the following kekkei genkai: Ice Release.
- It is also a component of the kekkei tōta: Dust Release.
- List of Wind Release techniques and users.
- List of Wind Release techniques
- List of Wind Release users