|Please note that this is the Narutopedia's article on wind ninjutsu. If you are looking for the article on an episode of Naruto Shippūden then you should head to Wind. For other uses, see Wind (disambiguation)|
Wind Release (風遁, Fūton; English TV "Wind Style") is one of the five basic elemental nature transformations. It is performed by making chakra as sharp and thin as possible. Wind Release is mainly short to mid-ranged offensive techniques that combine brute force and keen precision to deal cutting and slashing damage. A rarity among the five chakra natures, wind techniques are usually performed by generating air circulation and can be enhanced through this method as well. Wind-natured chakra can also be channelled into blades to increase their cutting power and overall range.
Relationship with other Natures
- Wind is strong against lightning because it is a natural electrical insulator but weak against fire because the flames are fueled by air.
- Wind Release can be used in conjunction with Fire Release to augment the strength of the fire technique.
- Additionally, it can be used with Water Release to increase the latter's concussive and overall destructive power.
- Wind-natured chakra is a component of the following kekkei genkai: Ice Release.
- It is also a component of the kekkei tōta: Dust Release.
- List of Wind Release techniques and users.
- List of Wind Release techniques
- List of Wind Release users