|(うずまき一族, Uzumaki Ichizoku)|
|Appears in||Anime, Manga, Game and Movie|
The Uzumaki clan (うずまき一族, Uzumaki Ichizoku) was a prominent clan in Uzushiogakure. They were distant relatives of the Senju clan and as such, both were on good terms; an alliance that extended onto their hidden villages — Konohagakure and Uzushiogakure. The shinobi of Konoha integrated Uzushiogakure's symbol onto their uniforms and flak jackets as well as on the shoulders of their uniforms as a sign of friendship and goodwill between the two villages, and continue to do so to this day, in memory of their friendship even years after Uzushiogakure's destruction.
Members of this clan were very knowledgeable in the art of fūinjutsu, and were both respected and feared worldwide because of it. This however, eventually led to the destruction of Uzushiogakure and the rest of the Land of Whirlpools during the era of Shinobi World Wars as others had begun to see the village as too great a threat. With the destruction of their homeland, the survivors fled the country and went into hiding, scattered all around the world.
The members of this clan possessed both incredible longevity and life force. Their longevity can be seen in part through Mito, who lived from long before the founding of Konoha, to well into the term of the Third Hokage's reign. The clan's life force was the reason Kushina survived the extraction of her tailed beast, despite additionally just giving birth only moments before, though she was left severely weakened.
- The surname "Uzumaki" is a pun on "spiral" (渦巻), because it refers to a three-dimensional spiral, like a whirlpool or vortex. "Uzumaki" can also mean "whirlpool", in reference to the Naruto whirlpools (鳴門の渦潮), named after the city of Naruto.
- All of Kurama's jinchūriki have been members of the Uzumaki clan.
- Red is a common hair colour among the members of the Uzumaki clan.
- The anime character Honoka was hinted to be a member of the Uzumaki clan. She had red hair and fūinjutsu talents akin to the clan. In Naruto: Shippūden episode 227, Aoba also found a book stating that they had found a survivor of a "certain clan of ninja".
- On page 2 of the Manga chapter 599 if you look at the far right side of the top picture there is a kid that has the Uzumaki spiral in a four-point star on there shoulder.