Rather than mentioning it to me you should really discuss it with the community that creates the content.
However I should mention some issues with some of those:
- We don't have videos here, featured video is pointless
- The wiki's main page used to have a featured article box, it never actually worked. The community here isn't the type that keeps up things like featured articles.
- We don't use blogs here, there's a very strong no-social focus here because when social elements were introduced and left open for use it grew a side community of people that didn't help with the content, didn't provide any other type of help, and harassed the users who did help the wiki. So there's no blog feed to add.
- Live newsfeed of what? Tbh a quick look at what kind of results would come from a similar feed as on the conan page makes me think such a feed would be mostly links to pages of less quality than the ones in that conan feed.
- Things like a slider portal are fancy, they do bring people to some pages, but it may not necessarily be as useful here as it is on other wiki. Comparing a wiki like Conan where the list of characters can fit on a single page copied from Wikipedia and Naruto where there are over 500 different characters alone, then there are things like jutsu which a reader may be coming to the wiki to look up a specific one. There is no small set of 4 pages one would want to highlight to readers on this wiki.
Do keep in mind that the way the wiki has been doing things all this time is the reason the Narutopedia has grown so high in Wikia's rankings, what works for other wikis 'specially those with less than a third the readers and a different type of readers may not necessarily work for the Narutopedia and has the potential to turn away readers. The only types of wiki higher in the stats than Narutopedia are ones like Star Wars and Harry Potter. Anime is a niche, there's no way that there are as many people interested in Naruto as there are people in things like Star Wars and Harry Potter which are of interest to a large portion of the general public. This wiki could very well already have every reader it could possibly have, so when changing things you have to consider that alienating any type of reader could leave you with no new type of reader and netting a loss of readers. ~NOTASTAFF Daniel Friesen (DanTMan, Nadir Seen Fire) (talk) Aug 31, 2011 @ 05:44 (UTC) 05:44, August 31, 2011 (UTC)
- More useful than something visual, what the wiki could really use is more focus towards stable SMW on Wikia. Whenever Wikia has to turn off SMW parts of the wiki break leaving readers without pieces of navigation, that could have more of an effect on readers than visual things. ~NOTASTAFF Daniel Friesen (DanTMan, Nadir Seen Fire) (talk) Aug 31, 2011 @ 05:48 (UTC) 05:48, August 31, 2011 (UTC)