We do hope that you will stay for a long time. Enjoy your stay as we work to become the best Naruto info site out there. BELIEVE IT!
If you're looking for something to do why not look over the Forums or more specifically Narutopedia Collaboration for a list of projects we're working on. And the Community portal has a lot of recent discussions and places to go listed on it.
- This is the translation by Gottheim, a very good translator.
- Kisame: You should be able to take him down one one way or another, but I don't know how I'd fare.../We aren't in the same league.
- Itachi: Yeah...If we face him, the both of us might get killled./Or we'll pull off a mutual strike down if we do well./...Even coming in greater numbers might not make much of a change.
- Kisame: We thought we'd finally found him at the ramen shop... But his baby-sitter just had to be one of the Legendary Sannin./Even the names of Konoha's Uchiha clan and that of the Seven Shinobi Swordsmen of the Mist pale before an adversary like him.
- Itachi: True... But....
- Kisame: .......
- Itachi: No matter how strong someone is, they'll have some kind of weakness....
- Basically, Kisame and Itachi were talking about Naruto not Jiraiya.
- There are more translators who seemed to agree on this. --TekkenStorm (talk) 23:51, January 8, 2010 (UTC)
- Gottheim is a great translator, but he has a history of misinterpreting things. Granted, that isn't all too difficult with Japanese, but still...
- The only time they were talking about Naruto was when Kisame said "We thought we'd finally found him at the ramen shop..." the rest was all about Jiraiya. You have to see this conversation in the proper context. They cannot have been talking about them standing no chance against Naruto, because they simply do not act like that. They have no problem knocking on Naruto's door and taking him with them and Itachi later even said they didn't need to hurry with Naruto as he was.
- on the other hand, they took great care removing Jiraiya from the picture and they fled as soon as Jiraiya started fighting, after which Kisame once again states he thinks Itachi could take Jiraiya. A statement that would make no sense if it was about Naruto. --ShounenSuki (talk | contribs) 00:04, January 9, 2010 (UTC)