Notice: The talkpage will be archived when needed.
I hope you have noticed the comments about the user, both on his and yours talkpage. I placed the ball in his corner, so let's see what happens. Jacce | Talk | Contributions 18:53, February 5, 2012 (UTC)
The Narutopedia:Talkpage policy states: The Talk page does not belong to the user, it belongs to the community. Users are not allowed to do other actions that hinder users' abilities to send messages to you. The point of archive is to clean up old messages, you may only archive resolved discussions. Whether or not Kunoichi101 is getting block is not my decision, but the Admins. Though since she has been warn numerous of time, it's most likely she will. White Flash 19:23, May 2, 2012 (UTC)
The Sharingan image
The image that was in the Sharingan article before had the following dimensions: 640 x 480. That's a perfect 4:3 aspect ratio. If you divide 480/640, you get 0.75. If you do the same with the dimensions on the other image, 743/1075, you get 0.69. Not a perfect 4:3 ration, hence why I said the image had been cropped. The first revision of the image of Madara's EMS file was out of ratio, which I then corrected, and you reuploaded from a better/different source. Comparing the first revision, you can clearly see that poor ration really distorts the iris. The hidef Sharingan image has no distorted iris, so it's in the correct aspect ratio. This wasn't simply a case of uploading a new version because the image format is different. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 22:51, October 6, 2012 (UTC)
Re: 283 images
Archive vs Archive List
While the one you changed works for pages with page titles having macrons, for some reason, it doesn't work for sub pages. For example, if I use the one you put in Naruto's Jinchuriki Forms in my user page, it doesn't list the archives of my subpage in my username. Any idea why that happens? Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 19:16, October 13, 2012 (UTC)
I wouldn't really consider erasing harassment from another about something not relevant to the Narutopedia a talkpage violation. ~ Daniel Friesen (DanTMan, Nadir Seen Fire) (Local Talk ⁝ Animanga Talk) 14:22, October 14, 2012 (UTC)
- A user just popped into the Narutopedia and out of the blue started berating another user for stuff happening on a completely irrelevant wiki. Spam, harassment, whatever you want to call it it's not something relevant to keep around the wiki. ~ Daniel Friesen (DanTMan, Nadir Seen Fire) (Local Talk ⁝ Animanga Talk) 14:33, October 14, 2012 (UTC)
I actually would of let him know personally on his Wiki but he has blocked all other messages not pertaining to conversation he deemed relevant due to his inability to accept criticism and unwillingness to converse over issues. This was the only way I leave a message to him. Sorry for the inconvenience.--Consus, the Erudite God (talk) 14:41, October 14, 2012 (UTC)
- Wikia has Community for that kind of thing, or the wiki you were talking about instead. Talkpage notifications are global. ~ Daniel Friesen (DanTMan, Nadir Seen Fire) (Local Talk ⁝ Animanga Talk) 15:06, October 14, 2012 (UTC)
RE: Deleted Images
If you don't want to be e-mail notified when images are deleted, you should chance your wikia e-mail preferences, and fix your followed pages. — SimAnt 18:31, October 28, 2012 (UTC)
- Speysider, we have become aware that you have violated one or more rules that have been listed out in the Image policy. Please make sure to read the Image policy again as well as the other policies listed in the Rules Index so that you are not blocked for ignoring the policies. Any queries about why you are receiving this message can be directed to my talkpage.
The user has left the following message in regards to this notice:
Hey, look, I found a template you can appreciate. You should know that the template's "optional parameter" doesn't do anything because I quoted part of the image policy, specifically the part about, "you are not allowed to use fair use images in your userpage," but it doesn't appear anywhere and I had to add it here. So, yeah, I'm toats sorry that the kind of edits I've been making since 2009 went and sent you emails. In the future, I'll ask myself, "is 'mucking up talkpages' worth spamming Speysider's inbox?" I'm almost positive it won't be worth it. (Disclaimer: "almost positive" is not a guarantee.)Many thanks for your co-operation. --~SnapperTo 21:04, October 28, 2012 (UTC)
- Edit counts are meaningless. You can have 10,000 edits and every last one of them be complete crap worth less than a user that's made 3 really, really, good edits. In fact it's a really bad way to judge, because some bad editors inherently get high edit counts due to saving minor changes often, etc... While a good editor may end up with a lower edit count due to lots of work into a single high-quality edit to each article. Length of time on the site is also meaningless. You can be on a site for years and still not understand the policies or be mature enough to be an admin. Neither one of them even has anything to do with using sysop rights.
- Some of the things that sysop users need are maturity and an understanding that sysop is a tool not a status, a use for the flag that can help the wiki, either an understanding of the intent of the policies the wiki enforces or a use case that doesn't involve enforcing those policies, and the ability to handle themselves well in discussions, instead of clashing with other users all the time.
- On the other hand; You continually get into conflicts with other users and administrators on the wiki and continually jump into/create conversations in aggressive ways. You wikilaywer and treat policy guidelines as hard rules ignoring them when they don't explicitly disallow what you're doing. And you seem to treat sysop as some sort of status symbol; Raising a fuss when other users get it. And presuming that admins need to handle discussions instead of aiming for a consensus.
- ((Btw, Ten Tailed Fox getting sysop with ~400 edits is nothing... ;) I got sysop on yugioh in two days with around 10 edits)) ~ Daniel Friesen (DanTMan, Nadir Seen Fire) (Local Talk ⁝ Animanga Talk) 23:17, October 31, 2012 (UTC)
I'm not spoiling the episodes. We have two episodes which have been released today, and it's one-hour special episode. Check Crunchyroll website to make sure. —Shakhmoot (Talk) 11:24, November 1, 2012 (UTC)
- No problem at all. And I have to thank you for your co-operation as well to make this wiki much better. BTW, Do your best on the college and studying ^_^ —Shakhmoot (Talk) 11:33, November 1, 2012 (UTC)
Thanks for advice. It has been long time since I uploaded an image. I have realised the bar was there after I had uploaded a couple of pictures. I've cropped them on my computer, and will reupload the ones with the bar. The other thing haven't I completely understood. Should I cease uploading the images with an English tag name.--Vecanoi (talk) 19:04, November 1, 2012 (UTC)
Re: Policy reminders
Re: Rationale and License Metadata
Ya know what> Since I'm pretty much a noob at the images on the Wiki, I'll just leave it to you lads to see to it, whether the page's imageless or not. --X29 13:30, November 3, 2012 (UTC)
RE: Uploading & Images
- That's a good idea, for the image I assume it's this? Wikimedia Commons is notorious for their icons.--White Flash (Contact) 13:08, November 9, 2012 (UTC)
Cliff Climbing Practice2.jpg
Hi Speysider and how are you? I uploaded this image yesterday and I incidentally saved it as JPG type. I aimed to save it as PNG for the quality. So it's better for me to upload a better quality for the same resolution or you'll upload a high resolution image of it? Thanks —Shakhmoot (Talk) 19:42, November 13, 2012 (UTC)