|This page is an archive. Please do not edit this archive, instead try editing the page this archive originated from.|
Re: Scissor Pincers
I have restored your message and my own, on the relevant talk page. You should have thought about the message you were leaving before leaving it: no takebacksies mate ^_^ --Cerez365™(talk) 23:15, November 17, 2012 (UTC)
- okay, I will look through it!Norleon (talk) 12:55, November 24, 2012 (UTC)
- I don't really understand, the picture I uploaded has a better quality, that's the reason I uploaded it to begin with. ;) And if I upload every single picture again, we would have to delete the old ones, isn't that much more complicated than just reupload them via "Upload a new version of this file"?Norleon (talk) 12:57, December 9, 2012 (UTC)
Let these things be mentioned several times in the series, then they're welcome to be added there. --X29 00:51, November 26, 2012 (UTC)
- What the hell? Looking at the logs, something happened when I blocked an IP that added non-sense to the Hokage article about 15 minutes ago, and Cerez got blocked instead. I probably hit his username instead, since he's the one who reverted the change, and I hit block from the RC page. Mistake unmade. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 20:33, December 12, 2012 (UTC)
Here are examples of the proxy vandal I mentioned in TU3's talk page: 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206. And these are vandals which I'm not entirely convinced are the same as the above, but whose vandalism somewhat matches the above, but instead substitutes the page's content with random texts in other languages: 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124. If you dig through block logs, you'll find other IPs who were blocked due to similar edits. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 16:07, December 31, 2012 (UTC)
It's rare, but not unheard of. I don't download episodes, but I discovered that VLC media player can be used to stream online videos. I streamed the UNS3 video which featured the jinchūriki, there are scenes of Kinkaku using the technique near the end. All I had to do was pause at the right moment and use VLC's built-in screencap feature. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 21:04, December 31, 2012 (UTC)
I don't see any problems with the images...and I also don't have a problem naming the images like this. In fact, I always think that giving them the original japanese names is way better than the english translation. I mean just look at this. It's horrible! xDNorleon (talk) 18:32, January 17, 2013 (UTC)
- I accept that Norleon images are better than my and it was stupid to post that argument, but you didn't have to go that far to block me out of the wiki. If you block me out, the wiki will be losing all my support and what I bring to ths wiki like: images, information, and ideas. I've learned from my mistakes in the past and I'll learn from this one too and I'll try to stop my reverting war habits but you went too far. I'm tired of you, your annoying, I don't want to hear from you again. If you were a real friend you or help to this wiki you would list out for me what I'm doing wrong and I'll stop it.--Droidkaju (talk) 14:41, January 30, 2013 (UTC)
There is nothing wrong with the filenames that the user has chosen for the images or the fact that they copped the images (i'm assuming). If it's a case where you don't like the name the user has chosen as you oh so very often do not, feel free to put in a request to have them renamed. Poor filename would be PTNDGMNDKMDLTJ30559050.png, not actual descriptive names.--Cerez365™(talk)14:56, January 31, 2013 (UTC)
Explain how I violated the image policy
You seem pretty adamant about keeping an inferior version of the Itachi and Nagato image, even though the panel at the bottom of this page was used for the article before that new image was ever uploaded [No links]. Can I ask how exactly uploading an image that better translates to that single panel is breaching the Image Policy? --M4ND0N (talk) 19:00, February 1, 2013 (UTC)
- That would've been a better explanation up front instead of just "No." Thanks for clearing that up, even though a lot of time could have been saved if you said so from the start. I'll brush up on the policies next time, that was my bad. --M4ND0N (talk) 19:07, February 1, 2013 (UTC)
I was warned twice about the fair use rationale, so I'll admit to being lazy and not reading the entire image policy thoroughly enough. What else can I say? I didn't understand the rules, and now I do. I'll make sure to read the policy, but all in all I don't need justify myself any further than a simple "Sorry, I messed up, and I'll read it next time before I make radical changes to an article." So I'm not obligated to continue talking about this, even though I appreciate the money you spend putting up high res images. "I do this for a reason so I don't have all my good work and money wasted for people to destroy my images. " Now I understand that it's a sensitive issue for you, but I think you've made your point. --M4ND0N (talk) 19:21, February 1, 2013 (UTC)
Re: What the hell are you on
Okay before this gets out of hand, here you go:
I'm sorry you were offended by that Spey, but frankly, there's nothing I can do about it. I was well within my right to bring it to someone's attention because a lot of your, and the other editor's actions seemed exactly the same to me. However, I soon realised that was my own foolish paranoia which I may need to apologise to Norleon for, whenever he/she returns. This was the reason why I came back over to Narutopedia and thought that my asking SimAnt may have been too rushed, and decided to ask for a revision to the image policy so it didn't happen again. Going forward, however, I'd be more than happy to extend you professional courtesy and link you to any discussion so you don't have to go hunting them down(?).I really don't know how you found that; I mean, I did go as far as to go to another wikia to quietly make the request, this is the second time you've hunted down off-wiki conversations and brought them here.
As for requesting me to get blocked, that's also well within your rights, however, I don't think there's anything a Narutopedia sysop can do about my post on a Gundam wiki, so you may need to ask them over at Gundam or ask Wikia for a cross-wiki ban. Also your reason may need to be changed as it was neither intimidation or harassment because it was not done to your face, nor somewhere you should have readily been able to see it.
So to recap:
- Thought you and someone were the same editor.
- asked how to proceed.
- thought decision was rushed and instead requested change to image policy because history was repeating itself.
- You found the discussion, took offence and now we're here.
- I can't really do anything about that except to not rush to conclusions like that any more, though given track record...
- And to answer your first question, I occasionally indulge in a cigarette or two, maybe marijuana, c-meth, or heroine depending on which crowd I'm out with.--Cerez365™(talk) 15:53, February 4, 2013 (UTC)
- Due to the dubious nature of scanlation and fansubbed works, Narutopedia, despite when the chapter/volume is released in Japan, the wiki recognises the chapters release when it is available to read in manga form.
That's what the policy said. The chapters were released early this week, but they have been released nonetheless. On both MangaPanda and MangaReader. Mangastream is soon to follow. Do not revert the chapter page edits or reprimand users who are not breaking rules. ~ Ten Tailed Fox 08:01, February 5, 2013 (UTC)
- It says its acceptable, but does not say it is absolute. Everytime the chapter has been released in its entirety, information has been updated. There is no reason to be rude to me, or other users for simply doing our jobs as editors and updating the necessary articles. My decision stands. Of course, if you disagree with me, you are welcome to ask any of the other sysops around here, but I have a feeling that they will agree with me. Enough with the snide comments. ~ Ten Tailed Fox 08:10, February 5, 2013 (UTC)
Re: upload policy
Clever move. Good work pointing out the loophole abuse there. It failed though. For now do as I said, and get others to contribute to the conversation. Doesn't matter if they are for or against, more voices must be heard before playing around with Policy. I'll actually read the damned discussion when my classes and meetings come to an end today at around 6 or 7pm EST.--TheUltimate3 (talk) 16:36, February 7, 2013 (UTC)
- Clever that Cerez decided to use a loophole (I forbid you and him from posting in the discussion, I did not however forbid anyone else from messing with the Policy). Congratulated you for pointing that out to me, and noted that it failed to work.--TheUltimate3 (talk) 17:29, February 7, 2013 (UTC)
violations of Image policy question
This fan profiles, is that regarded as my own profiel or another site I have made for my own purpose? Because the picture I resently uploaded, have I used in an "article" of my own. --Kasan94 (talk) 20:08, February 10, 2013 (UTC)
Well, ever since I came here, everyone hated me, and this rollback function is something kinda new to me, so I thought of using it in the Tobirama article. But I made a note for myself to let other users, who have time to read through a large displayed difference between different versions of the article, to handle things like that, as there were a million edits, and I didn't really have time to read through the whole thing. So..... yeah. And I've already been blocked at least twice already. --X29 16:46, February 15, 2013 (UTC)
- Wouldn't breasts be more "graphic" (in X29's mind that is) as opossed to bust? Or maybe we could simply say that her shirt/leather-thing "reveals much of her ample bossome? Idk.126.96.36.199 (talk) 19:27, February 17, 2013 (UTC) Yomiko-chan
- But bust is? I mean, i'm not trying to be difficult, i'm not X29. It's just we need to agree on some kinda code what would you call it?), to decide about what terms are not too sexual, but still get the point across.188.8.131.52 (talk) 20:08, February 17, 2013 (UTC) Yomiko-chan
Well i certainly find bustfed to sound..... pretty wierd. Anyway, yeah i see your point. Though we definitely have to rearange the sentance, cause "a shirt exposing much of her breasts" just doesn't flow right. Anyway, was that X29 joke in bad taste? I mean i was just kidding (and i little serious).184.108.40.206 (talk) 20:18, February 17, 2013 (UTC) Yomiko-chan
- My talkpage is not a discussion forum. Yomiko-chan, please go to Elveonora's talkpage if you want to chat to him about this.
- @Elveonora: I don't mind what it says, as long as X29 stops revert warring and stops spamming my emails for something trivial like one word he doesn't like. ;) --Speysider Talk Page | My Image Uploads | Tabber Code | Channel 20:28, February 17, 2013 (UTC)
Episode 301 images
Hi Speysider and how are you? Hope to be fine. I inquire about the latest episode images, they seems to me that they aren't in good quality as well as they are on .JPG file type. Can I replace those by uploading new images for them with 720p .PNG file type to make them better? —Shakhmoot (Talk) 11:48, February 24, 2013 (UTC)
- Done, and I put the displaced images on Jacce's deletion request page. —Shakhmoot (Talk) 16:10, March 1, 2013 (UTC)
On the same token, don't get so defensive when someone calls you out for putting a deletion tag on something without making sure if the article has the right to exist. You'd be upset too if I went around tagging things you've done for deletion would you?--TheUltimate3 (talk) 12:18, February 27, 2013 (UTC)
- I'm not aggressive towards those that place deletion tags, but I am not going to tolerate you putting tags on articles that don't need deletion. You did this last week, and now you're doing it again. I looked at the deletion policy again before I made my comments last night, and you weren't within your rights to do that, especially since most new chapter information have stub articles the night the chapter comes out. You can't just start slapping delete tags on things because you dislike articles. I know you don't particularly like me, for whatever reason, because it seems that ever since I was made a sysop, you've gone out of your way to be bitter to me, even though I harbor no ill feelings towards you. I think we're both reasonable adults (dunno your actual age, but you seem to carry yourself like an adult), so I'm asking you stop the nonsense one last time.
- Simply put, if you were concerned about the article, you should've discussed it then placed the deletion tags. From your comments on the talk page, you clearly knew the page was of some importance to the chapter, but you continue to slap deletion tags on everything. You and I both know the admins weren't going to delete articles of a named character (Hashirama's new brother), or of Hashirama's father, considering their relevance, and due to the fact that there was nothing wrong with the articles to begin with.
- That being said, I'm going to ask you to stop asking me to "stop doing [insert issue here]". I was made a sysop, and I'm going to do the job of one, even if you hate the fact that I do. And one other thing, I don't know why it seems you're trying to intimidate me by saying things like "this is why you shouldn't be a sysop", like you did last time, but its enough. I will speak my mind if I don't agree with something, and your deletion tag spree is one of those things. If this keeps happening, I'll be going to the other sysops about it, because there is no point of everyone having to fight with you each time a new chapter comes out. ~ Ten Tailed Fox 16:21, February 27, 2013 (UTC)
- Its not my domain at all. The others were adding information just fine, then you came in and started marking everything for deletion and getting everyone's feathers ruffled. That's clear from what's on the talk pages. People were upset about your actions. Anyways, about the sysop thing, I'm not sorry for how I got it, and because I got it, I'm gonna do the job. You can be mad about it all you want, but that's not going to change anything. That said, what I said remains. If this keeps happening every week when the chapter is release, that you decide to mark every new page created for deletion without checking to see its legitimacy, then I will speak to the other sysops about a further course of action. Otherwise, I'll stay out of the "things you do on this wiki". ~ Ten Tailed Fox 16:35, February 27, 2013 (UTC)
Enough. I can and will warn you when what you're doing is destructive and against the policy. Even Ultimate pointed that out to you, I see. This conversation is over, as it seems to be going nowhere good, fast. You have heard my warning, and it still stands. Good day to you. ~ Ten Tailed Fox 16:47, February 27, 2013 (UTC)
- fine, i'll just put an edit request then <.< Kunoichi101 (talk) 16:29, March 1, 2013 (UTC)Kunoichi101
Hey SpeyS Are you aware that the new naruto movie Is available now on a number of websites, but Its In Japonese so seeing as your s sysop could you please notice everyone on the wikia to edit the article ? --Jean DaichouLoves Naruto 18:14, March 19, 2013 (UTC)
With all due respect...
Could you please stop addressing Fox's person directly all the time? This has nothing to do with me so I'm sorry for sticking nose into matters I'm not involved in, but it's getting awkward seeing you making it personal quite often. Take it elsewhere, it's kinda childish and this happens since him getting sysop rights.--Elveonora (talk) 20:31, March 19, 2013 (UTC)
Re: Can You Read?
Last warning. Lose the attitude. I'm quite tired of hopping on my computer and finding scornful messages from you. Secondly, I'm not the only one who sees that theme in your remarks. If you'd stop being so rude to other users, you wouldn't get the backlash you often get. The truth is, your concerns are legitimate. Changes should be brought to the attention of the community, but you have such a sarcastic, rude, vile tone, that it pisses anyone who reads it off immediately and turns them off to your message. Next time, try a nicer approach. I told you this last time. I have nothing against you. Nothing. I don't come on here with the mindset of "What can I do to piss Speysider off today?" That being said, I will point out when I think you're wrong, I won't let you intimidate me, and I won't let you be rude to others. Good day. ~ Ten Tailed Fox 21:31, March 19, 2013 (UTC)
- While that certainly may be true, that doesn't excuse you from harassing others. Nor intimidating them. Nor being blatantly rude. If you don't like me, its simple, don't talk to me. It would certainly spare the good users of this wiki the needless drama it creates. Now, I will say it for the last time, because next time, I will take action. Knock it off. ~ Ten Tailed Fox 21:45, March 19, 2013 (UTC)
- Well, I'm acting on my "threats" now. Though they weren't before. You don't seem to take a hint. Also, what Elve said is actually true, about my activity and what not, but believe me, my world doesn't revolve around you. Now I'm getting angry, because I've asked you to stop talking to me with no avail. Since you won't stop, I'll stop it myself. ~ Ten Tailed Fox 21:52, March 19, 2013 (UTC)
i was not providing junk rubbish, i was doing translations after noticing that some of these are here are not entirely correct to my knowledge. i posted my finding without editing anything for you, and the community to see and go check for yourself. i didn't do anything wrong.--J spencer93 (talk) 08:24, March 20, 2013 (UTC) also not sure how i was spamming...really aint? how was i? read talkpage policies, didn't break any of them. can you please stop harassing me with false complaints about me doing stuff i aint. like the picture incident. i would be much obliged sir.
Having been asked to step in and take a look at the conflict between you and Ten Tailed Fox, I'm obliged to tell you to hold back on your tone. Disagreeing with another user is one thing, making personal attacks on account of those disagreements is entirely another. I too met his rise to administrator with scepticism in this wiki, despite knowing of his other administrative roles in other wikis, even if I don't frequent them, and you don't see me engaging into verbal disputes with him. Disagree with him all you want, but the second you start making personal attacks, you're essentially forfeiting every claim you make. I have not followed this between the two of you closely, so I don't know how far this goes, nor how often. In fact, until he asked me to take a look at this, I had no idea this was going on, having not the habit of checking other user's talk pages. Keep it civil. If necessary, ask for input from other parties, like he did with me on this. I'm certain that at least some of those disagreements come from wording in outdated policies, so if you disagree with him in regard of how a policy is or should be followed, I suggest taking the discussion to that policy's talk page. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 22:21, March 21, 2013 (UTC)
- Elveonora himself has pointed out to you that he regularly sees you and TTF getting personal at this. "Can you read?" sounds pretty offending and personal to me. I don't keep tabs on who is active when, but I would guess the reason your edits seem to happen together might come you two being in the same timezone. That said, you can be upfront and honest without coming across as a conceited jerk. The fact you refuse to come down of your pedestal and even entertain the possibility of actually being at fault speaks volumes against you. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 16:36, March 22, 2013 (UTC)
"no free alternative"
In response to this: People say "no free alternative available" because that's what the question is asking. Can the fair use image be replaced by an image that is not fair use, ie. free? Obviously, "only with a similar image with the same license status," answers the same question; some people just prefer the former to the latter. ~SnapperTo 22:01, March 22, 2013 (UTC)
- Again, it's not asking if it's possible to replace the image because, as you say, every image can be replaced. It's asking if there's an alternative to the image that does not fall under fair use/is not copyrighted. 99.9% of the time the answer to that question (on this wiki) will be "no". ~SnapperTo 10:12, March 23, 2013 (UTC)
Hi Speysider and how are you ... About this image, it's obviously modified. Look at the original image, you'll see that the ostrich's color is changed. I don't know what the purpose for uploading the new image, but it should be selected for deletion because it's duplicated image. —Shakhmoot (Talk) 16:37, March 26, 2013 (UTC)
RE: Cast Template
I don't understand. — SimAnt 16:48, April 4, 2013 (UTC)
- That would not work using data from the character pages since some characters in credits do not have pages, as well as some characters have multiple voice actors for different things. — SimAnt 16:57, April 4, 2013 (UTC)
Re: Violation of the Image policy
http://fuuka.warosu.org/data/lit/img/0028/37/1343159444965.jpg what is wrong with these images?Idontcareaboutmyname (talk) 20:19, April 4, 2013 (UTC)
Re: New Layout
Oh sorry. I asked Kunoichi101 because I thought she was one of the admins since she was able to edit the main page.. And that "yes" was me. I did that because I like the change, and after it is put on the main page, everyone can vote on the new look. But well, I feel this wiki deserves a better appearance. There's Bleach Wiki, then Fairy Tail Wiki..... and then there's Narutopedia.. Well..you get the point, right?
- Ah, whatevs.. I still feel that this wiki deserves a better appearance. This wiki is just loaded with information about the topic based on which the wiki is. No other wiki can beat that alright. But the appearance and a community is what is lacking in here. As for a community, well, that rests on the admins. But as for the appearance, I feel that as an editor, I can have a say in that. So, I've done/will do what I can in making this wiki better. Because, I've been to the Fairy Tail Wiki, and every single time I see that the chat is full of users who don't spam and they are real good contributers too. In here, well, lack of appearance, community, a lot of red-linkers (well I can't have a say in that but just mentioning), etc.