- Those aren't actually categories, those are semantic annotations (Basically the associate a page with a value in some way defined by a property, like a character's article having a gender of male [Character, Gender, Male]). Filtering by range and type will require some extra properties, we do those using infoboxes to make it easy for users. Luckily we just started putting the new jutsu infobox out onto the wiki.
- If you want to help out you can apply the new Jutsu infobox to jutsu articles on the wiki. To do that go to a jutsu page that does not have the new infobox yet, and hit the "Edit with form" button on the top (All jutsu are in the Jutsu category and the form is setup on the category so it should show up on all them without worry). Copy pieces of info that used to be in the page text (name, translations, and all the other pieces of info) into the form fields on the left. Remember to remove the remaining markup that was used in the page that is no longer needed (the lists up top, titleicons which we don't need anymore, and the Jutsu annotations and category at the bottom of the page). Some helpful notes to understand, the English text on the first part of the translation template (normally also the title) is the "Literal english" for the left field. As well the jutsu classifications like Ninjutsu and Genjutsu are "Classification" on the left, they may be mixed in with other types of classification of the jutsu. The "jutsu types" field is where things like "Fire Release" go. And for images just stick the filename in the image box, you probably won't need to use the extra syntax. When you're done, just save.
- When we're through adding jutsu infoboxes to the jutsu pages I can easily extract that kind of info into properties automatically and we can add filters to the drilldown page you use. ~NOTASTAFF Daniel Friesen (DanTMan, Nadir Seen Fire) (talk) Oct 2, 2009 @ 02:43 (UTC)
Because, the user of Storm Release used both Lightning jutsu and water jutsu, and thus using the knowledge we know of advanced natures created Storm. Guren has ONLY been seen using Crystal jutsu, and Onoki has only been seen using Earth and Dust. We know advanced natures require two elements but we haven't seen either user actually use any more than 1 standard nature, with the exception of Guren who hasn't used anything.--TheUltimate3 (talk) 14:04, October 3, 2009 (UTC)
SkyFlicker, if u'r gonna add the infoboxes, dont remove the debut. In the caseof games, since there isn't a field yet, leave it in point form. Dont remove it as thats an important feature of the article...--AlienGamer--Talk (contribs)-- 15:30, October 3, 2009 (UTC)
- Keep it in bulletin form. Under Media it should be "Game"..--AlienGamer--Talk (contribs)-- 15:55, October 3, 2009 (UTC)
- No problem..--AlienGamer--Talk (contribs)-- 16:13, October 3, 2009 (UTC)
- Um though i like that your adding parent jutsu, those are important. I don't really think its a parent jutsu when a jutsu (six paths of pain) uses a jutsu like Shapeshifting Technique. so could you refrain from adding those jutsu which might be parents until a later time, instead stick to the ones your sure of. Thanks. Simant (talk) 16:51, October 3, 2009 (UTC)
- I Suppose its fine to include just the path of pain that uses it, but since the path of pain is a derived jutsu of six paths of pain don't include it as well since that seems redudant. Simant (talk) 16:57, October 3, 2009 (UTC)
- Well TheUltimate3 apparently dosn't like it as well.. perhaps just revert until we discuss on forum, since it is a strange situation of user=jutsu. the parent jutsu for each path being six paths of pain, is fine though. Simant (talk) 17:02, October 3, 2009 (UTC)
- Yeah. The Paths are a really unique thing, in that they can do everything Pain does, yet we classify them as a jutsu here. To me, they are more or less a single character, which is why (in the previous jutsu tag) they were listed as "Users" and why I added them in as Users in the new infobox.--17:04, October 3, 2009 (UTC)
- The ones that are listed as anime, are Anime ONLY, and so are all the other in the fields jutsu media; it is only used when it appears in only one media. So yes please include jutsu media=Anime if its an anime only jutsu. Simant (talk) 19:18, October 3, 2009 (UTC)
- If you can't find any jutsu to convert you could always help with the episode infobox conversions, those are easy to find here. Simant (talk)
- By the way, if you find a jutsu page with a jutsu rank, and it is anime/game/movie only jutsu. Please disregard the rank, that is the work of crazy people. Simant (talk) 20:37, October 3, 2009 (UTC)
Any relationship between them is highly doubtful. In the manga, Rin's cheek marks were white, while Shinta's were black. There has also never been any mention of a relationship between the two. Also, two characters having the same face marks doesn't mean they are of the same clan. It could just be coincidence. --ShounenSuki (talk | contribs) 00:49, October 5, 2009 (UTC)