72 and some other casual things...
Hey Shakhmoot-Senpai, how have you been? Long time, no see! I just had a few questions I wanted to ask you. Some of it pertains to your keen knowledge, while some of it pertains to your own thoughts/opinions.
First of all (as I usually do around this time), I was just wondering if you knew when we should get a cover for Volume 72 (this volume overtook 70 as my favorite, so I am highly anticipating the cover)? Next, do you think they'll actually release this volume with 700 in full color, or will it be black and white? Also, as I'm sure you've heard, there are supposed to be two additional pages added to this volume- any theories as to what they might be? Finally, is there anything interesting regarding the final volume that I might not know (maybe they said something about it in an interview or something)?
Next, there's just a few miscellaneous things I'd like to address regarding the series. First of all (and this is if you live in either the USA, Australia, or New Zealand), will you have the opportunity to see The Last: Naruto the Movie? Regarding the miniseries, have you heard anything interesting, such as any details about the plot, when it is supposed to start, etc? Finally, I'd just like to get your thoughts on the future of the anime, since you seem to be a big fan of it. First of all, how long do you expect this filler arc to go on for? Next, what big fights still left in the series (Guy vs. Madara, Naruto & Sasuke vs. Madara/Kaguya, Naruto vs. Sasuke, etc) do you expect to have really good animation (and for that matter, what do you consider good animation)? Finally, what do you want the anime to do to make the Naruto vs. Sasuke fight even better? For my money, I want them to animate it better than any fight in the series and extend it with a lot of filler content.
- Yes, I've also missed interacting with you. I haven't been on here lately due to family stuff and I've been extremely busy with going back to college. I've been very well- just finished my midterms after getting back from break. And you?
- So, a lot of people are speculating about 699 or 700, eh? If I had to pick one- I'd prefer 699, as we are getting a full miniseries that is kind of an extension of 700, so no need to waste the two pages on that. What do you want to be added in those two extra pages? For me, I'm hoping for one of three possibilities: the first is something that wraps up the characters of Orochimaru, Taka, and Kabuto/something that answers loose ends; Two more pages of Naruto and Sasuke's final fight; or a two page spread of Naruto and Sasuke's statues rebuilt at the Valley of the End. What do you think of these ideas?
- Makes sense that they wouldn't release 700 in color, but hopefully they'll make a one time exception here. As far as the cover goes, I'm really looking forward to seeing it. What do you want to see from the cover? For me, I'm hoping Kishi can somehow implement the ending of the series and Naruto vs. Sasuke together- if so, that would be perfect.
- That's a shame that you won't be able to see the movie. Luckily, I'll be seeing it, so is there anything you want me to tell you about after I see it? Also (although I don't condone this behavior), pirating films is a large business in the USA, more so then in Japan, so don't be surprised if you are able to see it somewhere online after its released in America.
- I was actually hoping it would go as far as April, as I'd like to see at least one (possibly two) more opening before the series ends (despite the fact that I LOVE opening 16). Your note about the Boruto movie is very concerning, but I've heard a lot of theories that the reason they are doing a filler arc right now (Chunin Exam filler) is so that they can put their resources towards the Boruto movie and then save their quality animation for animating the rest of the manga. Do you think this is a possibility (after all, if it's supposed to come out in August, shouldn't they start doing the animation around this time?)? And as you said, I am also concerned that since the anime won't be ending after they animate 699, they may not feel obligated to animate Naruto vs. Sasuke to the best of their ability. A few follow up questions: do you think Studio Pierrot understand how important animating Naruto vs. Sasuke well truly is to the fans? What kind of animation would you want to see from Naruto vs. Sasuke (for example- Hiroyuki Yamashita)? What kind of filler content do you want the anime to add to make the fight longer/better? Finally (forgive me if I've asked you this already- it's been awhile), but what did you actually think of Naruto and Sasuke's final battle- was it everything you expected, what was your favorite moment, etc?
- Thanks for everything! Once again, it's always a pleasure talking to you, both for your wide array of knowledge and for your embraceable personality. Looking forward to hearing more from you in the future- take care! :D --KirinNOTKarin98 (talk) 23:37, January 18, 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks, I saw it released as soon as I got on here this morning. I also like the cover and it fits the ending of the series very well. While I was hoping for something a bit more elaborate (by either incorporating Naruto vs. Sasuke or more characters onto the cover), this is still a very good ending cover- one of the best ones of the series.
- Now, there are a few things I've read when this chapter was released that makes me curious. They may be rumors, so I just want to run them by you and get your opinion. First of all, I have the one that may be just a rumor above all else. I heard that when this cover was released, they also revealed that there would be two mini chapters revolving around Naruto and Sasuke's families. While I think this is most likely a rumor, do you know if there is any truth to it?
- The other part I am a little confused about is that both the Shueisha website and japanese Amazon say that this volume is 216 pages long. How? A usual ten chapter volume is 192 pages. However, with 700 being extended, that should have brought the number up to about 197 pages. Then we have the two extra pages that was announced at Jump Festa, bringing it up to a total of 199 pages. So by doing the math, that is 17 pages unaccounted for. How is this possible if there is no extra chapter and there are only supposed to be two extra pages? This is a bit confusing...
- Have you read any summaries of the movie yet? Also, like I said, is there anything you want me to tell you about after watching it?
- So does that mean they would be animating the content from volumes 70-72 right now with their best animators? I assumed they are animating the Bolt movie right now and that was the reason for the filler arc. If that's not true, when would they need to animate the Bolt movie so it would be released by August?
- Chikara/movie animation for the final battle would be best case imaginable. I'm really hoping that they go all out for it. As I said before, does Studio Pierrot realize how much the fans want the Naruto vs. Sasuke fight to be animated well/extended? Sometimes I wonder if they would hold back to save up money instead of going all out to please the fans. Like you said, I also want to see them expand upon the taijutsu. When I say that, I mean in both 695 (before they fight with their chakra avatars) and in 697. I'd also like to see their chakra avatars battle in the sky a little longer, as that was kind of short. Like you, I also enjoyed every second of it. Depending on if the anime does it well, it might be my favorite fight in the series. What is your favorite battle? Also, which Naruto vs. Sasuke fight did you like more- Part I or II?
- EDIT: Before you read this message and get back to me, I've thought of two other things I'd like to get your take on:
- 1. Here are two videos of a beginning fan animation of the beginning of 695 that someone made ( and ). As you can see, it's basically just extending the beginning of the fight, and this is exactly what I would want to see. What do you think about this type of thing being implemented into the anime? Also, do you know if it's possible to get into contact with Studio Pierrot to link them the video/make certain fan requests?
- 2. Here is a link to a thread I created (http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:160361)- it's basically a hypothetical scenario I wrote revolving around the history of the Otsutsuki. As you can see, I put a lot of effort into it. I'm not sure what your policy is about interacting with the forums, but if you have the time, would you mind giving your thoughts on my story?
- Once again, I'm really enjoying talking to you. Not meaning to be offensive to anyone else on Narutopedia, but out of all of the users, you are by far my favorite one to interact with. Take care and I'll talk to you later! :D --KirinNOTKarin98 (talk) 20:18, January 19, 2015 (UTC)
Yeah, I still think the family chapters are just rumors. We'll find out in two weeks. If you don't mind me asking- what are these sketch panels you are talking about? I haven't heard anything about them. Even if the last two chapters had a combined total of 46 pages + the two extra pages + the "sketch panels", I still think there is a lot of pages unaccounted for. Really, the mystery just makes me wanna get the volume even sooner.
I will be happy to do it! :D
Glad to know we share so many of the same opinions! Just for kicks, I created a new thread that discusses our expectations for the fight when it is animated (here is the link: http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:161015). If you want, you can go more in depth about what you briefly said here or you can share your thoughts with others that might want to know how you feel. I pretty much just broke it down into the three most important categories from a manga to anime transition standpoint.
Really looking forward to your thoughts on the Otsutsuki thread- I put a lot of work into it and so I hope you enjoy it!
- That's exactly what confuses me. The volumes that had 11 chapters had 208 pages, while Volume 72, which has 10 chapters (even though the last two- 699 & 700- are longer than usual chapters), has eight more pages than an 11-chapter volume. Even with the extra pages of 699/700 and the two additional pages announced at Jump Festa, that's still not enough pages to cover all of the areas. Maybe there will be a special page(s) where Kishi writes a "thank you note"/special drawing- something that makes the last volume special. But yeah- doing the math, there are at least six pages unaccounted for- maybe more. That's why I am looking forward to finally getting it and solving the "mystery"! xD
- Oh, those sketches- I didn't know that's what you were referring too. I thought maybe Kishi was going to include some original sketches from when he first began the series. Thanks for clearing that up!
- Once again, looking forward to reading your responses to those two threads and writing a response! :D You know, I think that's what makes you different from other rollbacks, SYSOPS, and other moderators- not only do you provide valuable information and contributions to the articles, but you also interact with members of the community and talk about your personal opinions. That's something a lot of other members who have high power on the wiki don't do. Don't get me wrong, I highly respect those members because they are so busy, but you are different because you take the time to talk about this stuff. And for that, I am very thankful.
- That's about it- looking forward to talking more with you on those two threads. Until then, take care, Shakhmoot- Senpai; talk to you soon! :D --KirinNOTKarin98 (talk) 22:02, January 24, 2015 (UTC)