Chapter 621 translationHi Seelentau, I want to ask about the third missing kanji of Hashirama's Hotei no Jutsu, have you found it? And about Hōbi no Jutsu, is it better to move the page to its literal name? or that's better? —Shakhmoot (Talk) 21:31, February 23, 2013 (UTC)
- Omni-san just added a third kanji for "Hotei", but I don't know if it's right or not. I checked a bad quality scanned panel for this jutsu. So it was unclear for me. And about the naming, let's wait for Viz translation of these technqiues to see what are the appropriate translations for that. —Shakhmoot (Talk) 22:07, February 23, 2013 (UTC)
Re: Unconfirmed KanjiSorry, but I added the kanji form the chapter scripts on this webpage. —Shakhmoot (Talk) 16:53, February 27, 2013 (UTC)
Veil of Cat Fire
- So, "Wrapping Blaze Cat Fire" or "Wrapping Flame Cat Fire"? Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 04:25, March 2, 2013 (UTC)
Hey Seelentau, ich find's zwar mittlerweile schon komisch sich hier auf deutsch zu unterhalten, aber was soll's! Ich arbeite als admin momentan auf einem anderen wiki aktiv mit und wir stehen gerade vor einem kleinen Problem. Viele Familiennamen werden ja in Japan mit Kanji geschrieben und jedes Kanji kann dabei unterschiedlich ausgelegt werden. Betrifft das auch die Vornamen? Die Namen in Hiragana zu schreiben wäre falsch, nicht wahr?
Daher frage ich dich, da du anscheinend auf diesem wiki mit am meisten japanisch verstehst (Hut ab dafür). Weißt du irgendeine Seite im internet, mit der man die Namen ermitteln könnte? Oder eine andere Methode? Wenn nicht, isses nicht schlimm, aber es würde auf jedenfall ungemein helfen! ;)
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
- Nun, wie die Kanji aussehen, weiß ich und auch, wie sie auf Romanji (heißt das so?) geschrieben werden. Ich wusste nur nicht, wie und worüber man Kanji erstellen kann. Die Seite, die du mir gegeben hast, sollte mir aber weiterhelfen können. Vielen Dank! ;)Norleon (talk) 15:06, March 2, 2013 (UTC)
Sage Mode Thoughts?
What's your opinion on the whole Sage Mode issue on its talk page? Do you think there are distinct types of it or something else (like me)? There's no general agreement, so we can't restructure the article until there is one. You know of anything in the manga to (somewhat) clear this up? Skitts (talk) 01:05, March 1, 2013 (UTC)
Hi, comrade Seelentau. This is my first time talk to u, nice to meet u ^_^. I just read in ur profile that u know some Japanese things. Can u (if u want or not busy) transate some names for me? THANKYOU Small brother (talk) 15:37, March 2, 2013 (UTC)
Yeah. Ok thankyou. Here:
- Jinpachi Mishima = 三島 仁八
- Heihachi Mishima = 三島 平八
- Kazuya Mishima = 三島 一八
- Jin Kazama = 風間 仁
- Jun Kazama = 風間 準
- Asuka Kazama = 風間 飛鳥
- Yoshimitsu = 吉光
- Kunimitsu = 州光
- Ganryu = 巌竜
- Kazumi or Kazume Mishima. (Not sure if this name is actually exist). Or, Miharu Hirano = 平野 美晴.
Hi, comrade. Sorry to disturb, I just want to know if u finished the translate. If u busy then took ur time, only when u r free if u wan. I just come to remind, sorry again for disturbing and thankyou ^_^. THANKYOU Small brother (talk) 16:00, March 15, 2013 (UTC)
Hi, long time no talking comrade. Comrade, why don't u reply? I'm not angry of course, I just wanna know if u finished it, if I disturb u now then I'm sorry. THANKYOU Small brother (talk) 21:02, April 11, 2013 (UTC)
Hi again comrade, ok understood, no need to apologize really, u were busy, and thank you very much for the translations ^_^. Could translate the page (link above)? No need for the name only the description, of course of u r free, sorry for disturbing and thank you ^_^. THANKYOU Small brother (talk) 06:24, April 14, 2013 (UTC)
QuestionHi Seelentau, can you translate the title of the upcoming opening song of Naruto Shippūden (ニワカ雨ニモ負ケズ) .. Thanks —Shakhmoot (Talk) 20:40, March 5, 2013 (UTC)
- Isn't Niwaka Ame ni mo Makezu? Because we need to edit the music article to create this song article. Anyway, here is the source for the song title. —Shakhmoot (Talk) 20:51, March 5, 2013 (UTC)
Could you check the audio at Talk:Splitting Technique#Rename to Fission Technique.? As far as dialogue goes, we might have a name for the technique, similar to Mirage Genjutsu. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 01:15, March 6, 2013 (UTC)
What exactly does he say? I still can't get over the fact both scanlations got the number of brothers wrong. Is there any way what Madara said can be interpreted as "we're five brothers" instead of "I have five brothers"? Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 22:49, March 6, 2013 (UTC)
Re: Only chapters
That's how it's done since before I came around. I presume it's because if you go to the chapter, there's a number and link to the volume. Volumes also list new characters. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 22:30, March 10, 2013 (UTC)
In chapter 597, page 6 if I'm not mistaken. Kakashi says something like "Ore no Kamui no Jikūkan (something else)". The way he says it, can "Kamui no Jikūkan" be considered a name for the dimension Kamui sends stuff to? There's a discussion in the page's talk about a rename. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 22:25, March 13, 2013 (UTC)
Sound Four Technique
What is the exact translation? We currently have it as "Sound Four: Summoning Technique: Four Corner Beast Formation". Kanji and romaji seem to be correct going by Japanese Wikipedia (though they dropped the group's name from the technique's name). 音隠れ四人衆・口寄せ・四獣包囲の陣, Otogakure Yoninshū: Kuchiyose: Shijū Hōi no Jin. First two parts are easy, "Sound Four: Summoning: Four Beasts ??? Formation", but the other part has more translation options. Also, should the Four Beasts part be translated as that? It has two possible meanings, and both apply: Four different summons ("beasts"), and the Sound Four's standing in each direction being a reference to 四神. Maybe even 四神獣? And I have no idea what would be the best translation for 包囲. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 21:33, March 14, 2013 (UTC)
Could you please take a look Mr. Tau? :D
Episode 306 translationsHi Seelentau and how are you? I have two question for this episode, the first is what's the kanji of Eyebright that said here? I couldn't find the suitable kanji for that at all. The second is about Might Guy's taijutsu technique that used in this episode, what's it? Thanks —Shakhmoot (Talk) 16:42, March 28, 2013 (UTC)
Naruto movie 6
Earth GolemHi Seelentau, I found in the Studio Pierrot blog webpage that the Earth Golems' name is revealed to be (土牢剛霊無, Dorō Gōremu). What's the exact meaning of its name? —Shakhmoot (Talk) 16:49, April 3, 2013 (UTC)
- There's a topic about it in the episode's talk page as well. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 00:22, April 4, 2013 (UTC)
Thank you, please, once it becomes available, we would like that translated I guess ^_ sound effect signs should not be dismissed :P if not raw then viz would do, but that will take a while.--Elveonora (talk) 19:34, April 4, 2013 (UTC)
Raws are available now. We also need a proper translation on Hashirama's new technique. As far as Tangorin can help me, it's "Summit/Top/Peak Transformed Buddha". Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 16:02, April 6, 2013 (UTC)
Episode 308 translations
Hi Seelentau. If you have spare time, could you give the kanji names and literal meaning for these following techniques from the recent episode:Shakhmoot (Talk) 14:54, April 11, 2013 (UTC)
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:Madara_Uchiha#creation_of_all_things if any of course, if so, would like to know what you think--Elveonora (talk) 16:49, April 14, 2013 (UTC)
More input needed, not just from you, but anyone, I find this unconcluded and confusing http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:Chakra#life_force_topic I believe you have some original japanese sources at your disposal, is this anywhere specified?--Elveonora (talk) 13:08, April 15, 2013 (UTC)
Episode 309 translationsHi Seelentau, I ask you about the country which appeared in this episode. According to the ending episode, it's called 此の国 (Ko no Kuni). But I couldn't find a suitable translation. The subtitles referred for it to "This nation". —Shakhmoot (Talk) 13:17, April 18, 2013 (UTC)
- Okay, but we have to name this country to create its article. Should it better to called it (Land of This)??!! —Shakhmoot (Talk) 13:35, April 18, 2013 (UTC)
ancient Kirin topic
Just bored, so wanted to explain it to you. In order to "catch" the natural lightning, Sasuke has to use lightning natured chakra, it wouldn't work with ordinary chakra because there's no way it could reach that high, he just links the natural lightning in the sky with a super-weak chidori in hand like a magnet of sorts, shapes it using shape transformation alone and then brings it down using the link. So all in all, chidori/lightning release is needed to tame it, tho the monster itself isn't created with lightning chakra, that's why it isn't called Lightning Release: Kirin and yet it is one 0_o more examples of the same things are: Fire Release: Mist Blaze Dance Technique and Fire Release: Ash Pile Burning mist blaze uses natural fire to ignite fire release chakra natured gas and with Asuma's technique, the gun-powder is also coated in fire release chakra and then ignited by natural means. Again, I was just bored so it's for nothing, sorry for spamming ur talkpage :)--Elveonora (talk) 11:23, April 19, 2013 (UTC)
So, kanji for some of the ultimates from the game started to appear. I would have waited around a bit longer to add and ask for translations, but some other users already started adding them, so I checked to see if they matched the ones where I could find them. The ones with kanji for now are:
- Cat Fire Bowl. The very literal translation made this an easy one, but I'd like to put some trivia around the actual cat brazier in it, but I have no idea if it has a mythological or cultural significance to point out.
- Five-Mountain Jump. There was a wrong kanji in it, but I corrected it, and the translation is the same as far as I know, so no need to change anything I think.
- Freight Bubbles. I added the kanji for that one, because someone else had added the wrong ones, but I don't know if the game name is an accurate translation of the Japanese.
- Lightning Straight. I did my best to add the literal translation of the several kanji in it.
- Rough Sea Splash. I moved it from "Rough Sea Spume" when someone added the kanji.
- Scale Powder Blasting. We've had the kanji for that from day one basically, since they were readable in one of the earliest videos of the game.
- Scorching River Great Eruption. Another one I moved from the game name when someone added the wrong kanji. I put the kanji I found in more than one source.
- Sickle Mist Technique. The "Ninja Art" part was dropped, like in many articles. The only thing I'm not sure if it's "-kiri" or "-giri".
- Storm Release: Black Hunting. I added the kanji, put what I believe to be the proper pronunciation of the kanji in the trivia, and added literal English, which could use a more proper look.
- Sword of Kagutsuchi. Kanji were added when videos with good enough audio became available, they're correct.
- Tengai Shinsei. Actual kanji are finally available, and I think this will end up being left untranslated, kinda in keeping with some other Rinnegan techniques, particularly Deva Path ones, which this also seems to be.
- Mifune's ultimate is the only new ultimate we still don't have an article for, because we didn't even have the game name for it. The game name for it is "Resident Decapitation", and the only source I have on the Japanese says his ultimate is called 居斬 (いきる, Ikiru). I'm certain that in this technique or in at least one of the above there's a pun or word-play I did not find or recognise.
I'm still going through sites and lists, and I was able to gather a significant portion of the techniques used in the Ultimate Ninja series, though the thread I made about it in the forums is not up to date with what I have, I'm trying to translate as much as I can before asking for help. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 22:58, April 28, 2013 (UTC)
Hi Seelentau, wondering why you removed my edit on Kotoamatsukami regarding the decade limitation between uses?... Do you not agree with what I wrote? Thanks. --UchihaFan (talk) 17:44, April 29, 2013 (UTC)
I agree with you that what I wrote can't be proven literally from manga facts.
Consequently, the following statement from Shisui's page "This genjutsu however, could only be used once a decade, unless the user had a way to augment the process such as with Hashirama Senju's cells, thereby drastically reducing the time required from ten years to only a few hours." would also be circumstantial conjecture at best and not pure manga facts.
There are only two references to the use of Kotoamatsukami by Shisui :
1- Ao fought Shisui and has full knowledge of the ability of his Mangekyō Sharingan.
2- Shisui tried using Kotoamatsukami to prevent the coup d'etat.
At the time of his death, Shisui was about the same age as Itachi : around 17 years old... If you assume he did not awake his Mangekyō Sharingan before the age of 7 AND that he can only use Kotoamatsukami twice every decade (once for each eye) then you must conclude that the fight with Ao and the coup d'etat are the only two times Shisui used Kotoamatsukami!
Furthermore, we know the use of Sharigan by non-Uchiha such as Kakashi is very taxing on chakra, thus it is more than reasonable to assume that the use of Mangekyō Sharingan by a crow would be even more so, to the point that it would take a decade for it to "recharge".