|This page is an archive. Please do not edit this archive, instead try editing the page this archive originated from.|
Hello, I'm new and I would like to propose a new type of chakra which is based on the union of three different elements: Paper Release of Konan based on the interaction of earth, water and wind.
I think these three elements make up Paper Release because if earth is combined with water, forms Wood Release, which if you add the wind, which cuts the wood, you can create Paper Release.
In addition, Konan seems to possess these three elements since she is able to harden the body with a technique similar to Kakuzu, which is derived from the earth; is able to use water because in the battle against the clan Aburame, during the invasion of Konoha, they said that her body was covered with water to protect against fire; and finally the wind element may be because Konan is able to fly, as evidenced onoki and as shown in the second movie of Naruto Shippuden.
Thanks and sorry if I did not write well because I'm not English but Italian.
While I don't really know what elements could made it, Caustic/Corrosion release seems like a very legit idea for an advanced nature related to Earth Release. Caustic minerals/earth products are common, such as calcium oxide and other limes, which are highly corrosive and capable of making dangerous chemical burns. Using Earth chakra to extract from/transform normal dirt and soil into these caustic minerals seems very plausible. Also, their contact with water makes then release lots of energy, maybe even enough to create an explosion.--Kind-Hearted-One (talk) 13:29, January 7, 2012 (UTC)
- There are a few natures which already have some relation to that. Kurotsichi's Lava Release uses lime, which is supposed to be caustic, and Boil Release is corrosive by nature. I also have Rust Release in the decaying aspect of it, and it uses Earth Release in my conception. The only spots left for Earth Release combinations are involving Lightning Release and either Yin or Yang. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 15:40, January 7, 2012 (UTC)
I thought knowing the effects of certain natures would help with coming up with new ones by avoiding suggesting something already there. So I was wondering:
- Is Cloud Release limited to manipulating water vapor in a condensed form, or can it do other things, like precipitation and charging up electricity?
- Do you have a specific type of Gas in mind for Gas Release? If it gives chakra the nature of a gas, does that mean a whole variety of gases are available? I mean I would guess things like Smoke are unavailable, but is it simply any gas except ones that are with other elements? Or maybe it could transform chakra into an "ideal gas" with higher temperature and lower pressure?
- Is Metal Release able to manipulate any metal on the periodic table, and alloys? Or is it more like the stereotypical iron and steel?
- Does Power Release basically deal with conversion of energy in general?
- What would Sky Release do? The kanji for sky can also mean heaven, space, emptiness, or vacuum, but I'm not sure if the components would directly connect to such themes.
- Does Mercury Release simply produce and manipulate mercury?
- Does Flint Release revolve around the sparks that it creates?
I haven't given much thought on what each of them would do, I always try going by the theme, since I find that to be a more restrictive approach, forcing me to be pickier. Here goes:
- Cloud Release, I see manipulation of the water vapour. I don't really see it as creating electricity (that would be like the movie version of Storm Release), though I can see it being used to diffuse Lightning Release techniques, soaking up the electricity and dispersing it. I can also see some degree of solidification of the clouds, just enough to push things.
- Gas Release, the most basic thing would be a highly combustible gas that could combust spontaneously. I wouldn't rule out trying to make specific gases, though that would require a certain skill and finesse to change the chakra into the gas you want.
- Metal Release, I can see it as creating and controlling metal. If it's metallic, it can control it. Creating metal would make generic forms of metal such as steel and iron, but with more skill, other stronger metals could be created as well. However, I do think that this would only work well with solids, so if you manage to melt it, control over it would be poor.
- Power Release, it's all about energy conversion. For example, turning one type of energy into another form of energy, or increasing/decreasing the energy in something. Everything would deal with the manipulation of energy. You'd have to create something or use some energy first so it could be manipulated though, and it would only control the manipulation. It wouldn't control the energy once it's converted, one would only be able to change the energy again.
- Sky Release is one of those I picked only based on it presenting the components together. Maybe some sort of energy a la Storm Release.
- Mercury Release would produce mercury and manipulate it as well.
- Flint Release is a bit like Deidara's exploding clay. There would be a material component, if it hits something, it creates the sparks which explode and set things on fire.
The reason I avoided putting alkali is because Mei could alter the pH of her Boil Release, so I thought that if she wanted, she could create a corrosive alkali instead. That didn't happen but the Six-Tails did. There are some concepts I thought up, but didn't add to the table, that in the end showed up in the series anyway. When I was looking for triple combinations involving earth, I thought of rubber using water and yin, and coral using water and yang. I never put those down, even uncommented, and look what happened to these. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 01:54, January 9, 2012 (UTC)
Oh I see, that made a lot of sense for me. Also, so Water+Lightning+Yin will be something along the lines of Umishiru's malfunction and Earth+Lightning+Yin will be the Welding one? Are the other two undecided? What are you thinking of right now? --GoDai (talk) 02:01, January 9, 2012 (UTC)
- I have already settled for those two ideas, though there's a few things with their names I still want to sort out. The word for weld can be written in three different ways. It uses the same kanji that changes according to village in Lava Release, and as it turns out, I discovered there's a third variant of that, using the metal radical instead of water and fire. I want to know if there's any difference on the meaning of the word depending on the kanji, since that one seems to be rarer than the fire radical one. Maybe one them is more appropriate for the effect of welding things, which I believe would be the metal one. I also don't know how Weld Release would be. 接遁 = Shōton/Setsuton/Setton? On the Water/Lightning/Yin, there are many different words for it, so I'm looking them up to see if there's any word in Japanese that fits the idea more than the others. No idea on Lightning/Earth/Yang and Lightning/Water/Yang though. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 02:28, January 9, 2012 (UTC)
How about the Amber Release idea? Does Amber have too little connections with electricity for it to be viable? I think Glass as a "solid wind" and Amber as a "solid lightning" would've been a good duality, since static electricity was discovered by friction between the two. But I also imagine that its connections to electricity seem quite minimal. Yang could be related to the organic part though. --GoDai (talk) 08:22, January 9, 2012 (UTC)
Ugh, I can't find it but i remembered when I asked about Sky you gave a much clearer answer that made me understand it. reading the archive made me realize I was pushing salt for a long time. >.>Umishiru (talk) 08:44, January 9, 2012 (UTC)
I remember someone suggesting Amber, though I believe that the minimal connection with electricity made me pass it. I also ran into amber when I was searching organic gems for a combination I don't recall right now. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 18:54, January 9, 2012 (UTC)
I see, I guess the English word "electricity" being derived from the Greek word for amber doesn't really change anything about the Japanese. Also, wh you say higher skill would allow creating more stronger metals with Metal Release, would it also have control over the softer kinds of metals, like the metals in groups 1 and 2 on the periodic table (Alkali metals and alkaline earth metals)? And a "Catalyst Release" wouldn't be a bad idea in my opinion, but at this moment I have no strong ideas. All the ideas I come up with seem to have way too little connection with Lightning. --GoDai (talk) 01:57, January 12, 2012 (UTC)
I see no reason for them not to be controllable. The one way I can see them in a non-controllable form if they're in a form that makes them non-metallic. For example, sodium wouldn't be controllable if it's like kitchen salt. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 03:59, January 12, 2012 (UTC)
Water + Lightning + Yang = Medicine/Elixir/Vital Release. Water is seen as a life saving substance, lightning is similar to the brain signals that multi-celled organisms use to operate and has been looked at by science fiction especially in Frankenstein as essential to life and processes. Yang is life energy itself and believe medical ninjutsu are basically Yang Release jutsu. The idea is a liquid Yang release or liquid that has the same function as medical ninjutsu only stronger than either. Sort of like a Fountain of Youth/Elixir of life or the Panacea that boggled the minds of alchemists. Perhaps a alchemy release.Umishiru (talk) 08:49, January 9, 2012 (UTC)
- Health Release is there already, kinda overlaps with this idea. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 18:54, January 9, 2012 (UTC)
Truth/Reveal Release. I was reading the wikipedia article on yin and yang and how its seen as Yang as the sun over the valley and yin as the shadow formed from the light hitting one side of the valley. Going off of Sui's table I was thinking how Yang has the heaven quality, lightning is seen in many cultures as an act of God(s) or heaven as a punishment or sign. Earth which has Yin as its symbol is cold and materialistic, and since heaven is seen as more morally correct than the other two, earth represents the lie Yang represents heaven who is seen many cultures as all knowing with lightning as their judgment. The idea is that Yang shines its light(going by Sui's table of yin and yang on the light intensity section on earth in which shadows created by such a thing or ridden of by lightning who producing its own like. The idea is that Truth release reveals the truth of a target and that truth depending what the user knows.Umishiru (talk)
Going simple, how about something like a "Ferment Release" for Earth/Lightning/Yang? I've looked over many chemical processes, and fermentation (発酵) seems to be one of few that haven't been covered fully (After all, Purificaton did cover a large deal of chemical processes). This fermenting nature would give chakra the properties of organisms such as yeast, allowing the user to use the chakra to cause fermentation in targeted organic objects in order to convert substances for their own purposes. Earth would be the organic substance being affected by the nature, Lightning would be for the energy conversion (and fermentation involves the oxidation of organic substances, dealing with electron transfer), and Yang would be used to bring this chakra to life, the same way how it was used to give Miasma and Bacteria life. --GoDai (talk) 06:38, January 13, 2012 (UTC)
When I think of Ferment I think of liquids, so maybe Water + Lightning + Yang which turns or gives a target yeast like proprieties. Water is a catalyst like in alcohol fermentation, lightning is the energy and yang is the life and expansion quality that we associate with yeast like effects.Umishiru (talk) 02:48, January 15, 2012 (UTC)
- Hmm That's very viable too. If we were to go with Water/Lightning/Yang, I don't think it would be just limited to fermentation, since fermentation is limited to organic compounds, but rather a chakra that can act as a powerful catalyst in general. It could also include fermentation, since enzymes are biological catalysts. --GoDai (talk) 01:48, January 31, 2012 (UTC)
Earth + Lightning + Yang = Burst Release. Its basically like fireworks. Lightning passes its energy to Earth creating a energized substance maybe powdery in looks that spreads when it explodes out do to Yang's Expansion Quality. Sounds like Explosion release but explosion release only exists in energy form and needs a kinjutsu to exist in physical substances other than the users body.Umishiru (talk) 00:26, January 15, 2012 (UTC)
- I also thought of a fireworks-related nature a long while ago, but I didn't really see a spot for it so I didn't suggest it, although the way Omnibender described it, I see sparks and explosions in the Flint Release already. --GoDai (talk) 01:06, January 20, 2012 (UTC)
I know you don't wanna go there but I was looking up http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wuji_(philosophy). Its basically without Yin/Yang, nothingness, non-existence. I was thinking the stronger counter-part of Yin-Yang is Void Release. Yin and Yang are so in harmony and perfect that they cancel each other out. Without form or life, an object becomes nothing.Umishiru (talk) 17:48, January 21, 2012 (UTC)
Hi, I think some releases just don't make sense :p
So I'm suggesting some new ones!
Water + Earth + Fire = Clay Release.
Clay Release would be sticky earth that can be hardened or softened by the user at will.
Why? Petroleum seems... random... to say the least :p
Water + Earth + Wind = Mud release.
Mud Release would basicly be liqued earth.
Earth + Fire + Lightning = Rubber Release.
I guess rubber has already been used in the manga, but meh.
By the way, where is the evidence that Yin and Yang releases can be mixed with the 5 basic ones? Because none of your Yin/Yang releases make sense xd
Clay Release makes no sense because Earth Release can already affect things to make them hard or soft, and Deidara's clay techniques are done with Earth Release. If you read the explanation for petroleum, it's not random at all, it has logical ties to all components. Regular Earth Release already manipulates mud as well, mud has no connection with wind either. Like you said, Lava Release already uses rubber, so no. Manga said that advanced natures are made by mixing basic natures, which Yin and Yang are, since people don't require kekkei genkai to use them. So in theory, they can be mixed. The revelation of Yin and Yang as actual natures is something that, to me, explained how Blaze Release was possible. Again, if you read the explanations, they make sense. I use traits of Yin and Yang that tie to both their traditional, actual meaning, and the concepts they're tied to in the manga. I see much more sense in any of my Yin and Yang combos than I saw in any of your suggestions. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 20:51, January 30, 2012 (UTC)
Friction- or static-based nature
I'm back, I was away because of some important exams. Meanwhile, I was thinking about Earth/Lightning/Yang, and I thought maybe it could be related to friction. Friction is caused by the interaction of electromagnetic forces between charged particles which compose the surfaces in contact. When we say friction, we usually refer to dry friction, which is the friction that resists the motion of two solids in contact. Friction changes kinetic energy into heat, and can also give objects different charges (like when glass and amber is rubbed together). Earth would be the solids whose surfaces are in contact, and Lightning would be the electromagnetic forces which are the fundamental cause of friction. I guess the physical aspect of Yang could give a symbolic side to the conversion of the kinetic energy into heat and the transfer of electrons. --GoDai (talk) 05:13, January 30, 2012 (UTC)
- I see the connection of all three components, but what would this Release do exactly? I can think some sort of energy conversion and wearing things down due to the friction, weakening them. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 20:51, January 30, 2012 (UTC)
If it's just friction in general, I imagine something like infusing the air with the friction-chakra as a force to resist mechanical motion, and as you said, wearing targets down the more they struggle to move. In terms of visual effect, someone trying to walk through this friction area would feel as if the air was acting as sandpaper on their skin. I also think this could work in reverse; in One Piece, the Sube Sube no Mi (often translated as the "Slip Slip Fruit") makes the friction of the user's skin near zero (referencing the databook), so they become immune to most forms of weaponry, with bullets, blades, and physical attacks simply slipping off the body. In general, I liked this idea because it was unlike all the previous ideas which focused a great deal on the likes of magnets, batteries, and static charges. I also think the static charge idea is viable with Friction Release; for example, different materials in contact could generate static electricity, and the user could use the attractive and repulsive forces to their advantage. Also, I think the user could build up energy from the friction and discharge it, like a war-oriented version of walking across a carpet. The possibilities are generally wide in scope. --GoDai (talk) 01:40, January 31, 2012 (UTC)
A Demon(悪魔 Akuma) Nature, yielding Demon Release (鬼遁, Oniton). My reasoning behind this are as follows 1. Some demons, such as the kappa, lived in water, signifying the water nature. 2. Demons often have dark, evil qualities, thus signifying the Yin Nature 3. Yin+Lightning=Dark by you logic, and demons often have DARKqualities, thus signifying the lightning nature. --126.96.36.199 (talk) 21:05, January 31, 2012 (UTC)
- Makes no sense to me, the ties to each component are non-existent. I listed Dark as Yin Lightning because Yin would pass its properties, changing lightning. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 21:49, February 1, 2012 (UTC)
What about a..."Death" (死 Shi) Nature, yielding Depth Release (死遁 Shiton) Reasons: Lightning+Water=Unconsciousness by Conduction+Yin=Death by drowning. —This unsigned comment was made by 188.8.131.52 (talk • contribs) .
- Your suggestions have little to nothing to do with the basic components. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 17:03, February 5, 2012 (UTC)
What about a "Depth" (深 Fuka) Nature. yielding "Depth Release" (深遁 Fukaton). It could be, as Lightning + Yin=Dark, plus water equals depth due to the Depths being sort of like Dark Water. --184.108.40.206 (talk) 17:09, February 12, 2012 (UTC)
- You're thinking a bit too much like adding one nature to an advanced nature made of two there. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 03:01, February 14, 2012 (UTC)
elements impossible to do.
Stop thinking many un-possible elements, you must base its in the fact of the five basics, his combinations, and the combinations of this whit the Ying and Yang. "Magic" is an impossible element to create; but "Forest" can be the combination of Mokutón(water+earth)+Yang, because: when Naruto active is Kyuubi's Yang chakra, the Yamato's Mokuton react to its changing in a tree.(Credits for that's discovery to Juan Uchia Senju for Naruto in Spanish). please, start the bases in the Knowledge adquired.
- I've never listed a Magic Release. While most of the icons ShounenSuki has created for me, he has created similar icons for other users who have requested them. I recall someone asking for an icon for magic, but that user wasn't me.
lachrymator or nerve agent
I was wondering how to combine water, lightning and yin/yang. What would you say for a nerve agent or lachrymator? They are in a liquid state (water) and they paralyze (lightning). Couldn't come up with a release name yet.. • geohound 10:46, February 9, 2012 (UTC)
- Poison can paralyse already. I can see this as an effect of Miasma, Flesh, Health and Mind Releases, all through different means. It seems too specific for a nature. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 03:01, February 14, 2012 (UTC)
More of GoDai's questions
I've recently begun to read over the talk archives again, although I haven't discovered a lot of significant things yet. I decided to arrange a few more questions on the natures formulated so far.
- Dawn Release would give chakra the nature of auroras, but what would it do? Would it be a symbolic form of the solar radiation?
- Does Star Release manipulate plasma, basically? Or will it manipulate miniature forms of star-related heavenly bodies (neutron stars, black holes)?
- What would Health Release look like? Would you put your palm on someone to stabilize or destabilize their metabolism, etc.?
- Is Soul Release greatly different from the Human Path ability? Is Mind Release greatly different from genjutsu and mind ninjutsu that the Yamanaka use?
- I'm guessing that Flesh Release would convert chakra into tissue, without necessarily shortening the user's lifespan, since it's not the cells dividing? Would Blood Release include using blood as a weapon like Crona does in the manga series Soul Eater?
Also, what are you thinking of for Water/Yang/Lightning? I'm not too sure, but one idea would be the one Umishiru originally proposed: a space-related nature. I'm not too familiar with this topic, but I think in the quantum field theory, it is stated that something can come out of nothing, because in very short moments virtual particles appear from the vacuum, which is what causes the Casimir effect. I often read that particles and antiparticles momentarily form and nearly instantaneously annihilate each other, causing these forces that appear to come out of nowhere. Also, space is often described as if it was a fluid: bending around things, expanding and contracting, and containing our universe. (Although quite a bit of a stretch, in Pokémon, the legendary pokémon of space, Palkia, is a Water-type, and it has the ability to control the very fabric of space, and can warp it.). I think Water/Lightning/Yang could each account for the fabric of space and vacuum as a medium, the electrically charged particles that emerge from the vacuum to create forces, and the aspects of creation and pushing forces, respectively. Altogether, it would create a nature of chakra that would allow the user to manipulate space itself as a force, bending and warping it as if it was just water. Just an idea, but I thought applying some quantum mechanics and symbolism would be fun, compared to just... electric water. --GoDai (talk) 01:39, February 10, 2012 (UTC)
- I can see Aurora Release as solar radiation. I see the aurora as a powerful energy, mostly used to destroy something, borrowing a bit from it's components, meaning it can make things catch on fire, cut through them and sort of disorient because of the brightness.
- Star Release manipulates plasma. I think someone really good with Star Release could create star-like bodies, but since this deals only with plasma, they'd have no control over something that is created from plasma, but not made of plasma.
- The looks of Health Release is kinda difficult to picture. Maybe a beam or a ripple effect, I don't know. I don't think direct contact would be required, but I'd say it would produce optimal results.
- I don't see Soul Release as something would remove the soul. I can see it being "powered" by the users soul, and the main effect I can picture is changing the opponent, by affecting their soul. Mind Release is a bit similar to Yamanaka ninjutsu, but more versatile, with fewer requirements to use.
- The first thing that comes to mind when I think Flesh Release is similar to that toad-digestive tract summoning Jiriaya performed a couple times. Like earth, but alive and organic. I don't see it shortening the life-span of its users, since chakra could be converted into lifeforms, though I wouldn't rule out using a bit of one's own flesh to make stronger techniques. I don't know Soul Eater to say if it's like this Crona's character. I might need to look that up. I can see Blood Release being used to manipulate blood, for example, to make a clone of your opponent with their blood. They can attack, but if they're attacked, the opponent also suffers, because of a blood link. I can also see it getting a few things from blood, for example, partial control over summons.
- While I agree it can be interesting, I think quantum mechanics go a bit in the tangent where it concerns the basic natures. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 03:01, February 14, 2012 (UTC)
Ah, fascinating. I especially like your ideas of blood. I think I have a better idea of what these natures would do now.
- For Soul Release, when you say "change", would this be something like Energybending in Avatar, where one's spirit is used to take over and change another's'? --GoDai (talk) 08:45, February 14, 2012 (UTC)
Hello! I'm new a new member, though I've enjoyed this site for some time. I'm a fan of Naruto and a fan of this page of Omnibender's. Please allow me to add some humble suggestions to the ones that have already been offered. I give praise to Omnibender and everyone else who contributed because this is hard!
Lightning + Earth + Yin
- Heat Release- Lightning is extremely hot, and soil can absorb and release heat. Yin chakra could be applied to allow the user to control temperature at their will (by generating or absorbing heat), or else give the impression that the user can (controlling the opponent's perception of temperature rather than the actual temperature).
- Tremor Release- Earthquakes are caused by the disruption of Tectonic plates, plates which form the Earth's crust. Lightning chakra and Yin chakra could be used to provide power to increase one's ability to manipulate earth.
Lightning + Earth + Yang
- Steel Release- As with the other anime/movie-only natures, we have to fit Steel Release in here somewhere. I think it should be Earth + Yang, but I don't want to offend whoever suggested Land Release. If lightning strikes loose sand, the sand will crystallize, making it hard. Yang chakra could be applied to make the crystallized earth even harder. Hiruko, who used Steel Release, used both Lightning and Earth chakra.
Lightning + Water + Yin
- Tempest or Hurricane Release- This was suggested as a stronger counterpart of Storm Release. I think it would make sense here as Storm Release, which is a combination of Lightning and Water, strengthened by Yin chakra. Then again, I also suggested it in the below section, so it can be decided which, if either, would be more appropriate.
- Conduction Release- Water is highly conductive. In fact, lightning is caused by electrical charges in the water droplets which form storm clouds. Yin chakra could be applied to absorb another’s chakra or increase one’s own chakra strength, allowing for powerful attacks.
- Manipulation or Sensory Release- This could be used to manipulate the opponent’s nerve impulses, blood flow, and mental energy to control their senses and/or perceptions, allowing for powerful genjutsu techniques.
Lightning + Water + Yang
- Tempest or Hurricane Release- This was suggested as a stronger counterpart of Storm Release. I think it would make sense here as Storm Release, which is a combination of Lightning and Water, strengthened by Yang chakra. Then again, I also suggested it in the above section, so it can be decided which, if either, would be more appropriate.
- Front Release- In weather terminology, a front occurs when two masses of air at different temperatures come together. This causes clouds to form, often causing weather conditions such as rainfall/thunderstorms or snowfall/snowstorms.
- Manipulation Release- This could be used to manipulate the opponent’s nerve impulses, blood flow, and energy to control their movements. Hiruko also used both Lightning and Water chakra, so this could be related to his Puppet Curse.
Hi, glad you liked this page. It is indeed hard to think up fitting combinations for some. The first thing that comes to my mind when I think "Heat Release" is what we already know as Scorch Release. Controlling temperature as you suggested seems like a merger of Scorch and Ice Releases in terms of indirect effects. I don't recall if there were any Earth Release techniques that created earthquakes, but the idea of the vibration can already be found under Pulse Release, which others already have suggested as Tremor/Quake Release, making a connection through the kanji, which has the same 'rain' radical as the kanji for lightning. For Lightning/Earth/Yin, I already have a picked idea, I'm just having to work on the Japanese terms for it. It's Weld Release, to merge things. On Steel Release, the reason I didn't fit it anywhere is because that was said to be a kekkei genkai, and as such would only use two natures. I currently have Land Release in a spot where this could go in, but them I'd have to think something to replace Metal Release in Fire/Earth/Lightning. I was also already suggested an idea for Lightning/Water/Yin that brushes the concept of conduction, which involves sort creating malfunction, a disruption. Sensory manipulation is kinda like genjutsu, and I already have Yin-Yang combos that deal more with aspects of living things, such as mind, flesh and blood. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 22:42, February 16, 2012 (UTC)
Oh, okay. I'm embarassed to say I'd forgotten that about Steel Release. Well, thanks for the feedback! To use the American term, I just thought I'd run some things up the flag pole and see if anyone saluted. This is a great mental exercise and I'm impressed by what you and many others have come up with. I'm sure it'll turn out well, and if you do have to/decide to replace Metal Release, I'm sure that'll turn out well too. This is exciting! Raidra (talk) 23:38, February 16, 2012 (UTC)
Water + Lightning + Yin/Yang could perhaps be Stream release? Also Pressure release (as in, atmospheric pressure) or Gravity release. But those have been used too I suppose xd Antonino200 (talk) 22:48, February 17, 2012 (UTC)
I love the Stream Relese idea! Lightning/electricity and water can both travel in streams, and with the Yang chakra added, I can imagine the user shooting streams of powerful, fluid-like chakra at the opponent. In a comic I made for a friend, I had a character use a technique I called "dragon stream". It took the energy blast fired by the opponent and deflected it back at them in the form of a dragon-shaped stream of energy. I imagine Stream Release users as using similar techniques. Raidra (talk) 14:00, February 18, 2012 (UTC)
By the way, could someone please fix the Hiruko link so it leads to the right article? I keep trying but it either claims the page doesn't exist or leads to the wrong article. Raidra (talk) 14:17, February 18, 2012 (UTC)
Your Stream Release idea sounds like Storm Release. I have Pressure as an alternative to Sound Release under Wind + Yin. And I avoid listing things that have to do with gravity because I feel that enters the territory of Deva Path techniques. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 15:59, February 18, 2012 (UTC)
Ideas Pt 14.
Sorry I have been gone for so long. ~.~
Water + Lightning + Yang = Wild/Raw/Random/Free Release. I Was think how Storm Release has Lightning with the flow of water of water I was thinking of water that has the spark formation of lightning. Lightning is plasma, and water is a liquid so like a liquid plasma. The brightness is caused by Yang. As for what it looks like:. The energy that falls off from the collision on the floor in 00:50 and onwards. It looks like very bright water. Storm Release is more akin to target guided lasers. This is a more raw fluid form.
Another idea is that Water, Lightning and Life energy are seen as untamed forces. Water is seen like that in storms and natural disasters and seem constantly in raging rivers/rapids and falls, lightning was seen as the mos dangerous of natural forces in many cultures being associated with high ranking gods, life is unpredictable. The idea is sort of like randomness.
As Earth + Lightning + Yang all I can think of is are crystals like fulgurites but those are glass tubes which is covered and solid light. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solid_light Perhaps something like solid holograms that can interact with the real world. Like with Yugioh and its fictional hard light tech fueling its duel disks.
Another idea for the nature is a diffuse nature. When lightning hits the ground it travels in a circle radio's away from the contact point, this diffusion across the land until it dissipate sis why ground types in Pokemon are the natural weakness of electric types. Perhaps then yang's expansion quality and spread it out further. Sort of like grounding an object and converting it into energy that is then dispersed almost like a sponge.Umishiru (talk) 04:45, February 20, 2012 (UTC)
I like the idea of something spreading for water/lightning/yang. The grounding idea works on theory, but Blocking Technique Absorption seal already works by dispersing the chakra by spinning it the other way. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 22:57, February 26, 2012 (UTC)
But this isn't spinning. I was thinking it travels out in circle radius like uh going in a straight like but in every direction, sort of like how the Dragon Balls disperse direction wise.. Also, we do not know how BTA deals with objects not created with chakra.Umishiru (talk) 08:34, February 27, 2012 (UTC)
What We Have So Far
I worked on this yesterday. I noticed that some people, and I include myself in this, suggested natures that either already existed or were already on the table. Because of this, I thought it would be good to have a review of the natures so far.
- Earth- This release allows the user to create and manipulate earth, including dirt, mud, and rock.
- Fire- This release allows the user to create fire by superheating their chakra, causing combustible and explosive damage.
- Lightning- This release allows the user to generate lightning.
- Water- This release allows the user to create and manipulate water, sometimes changing its shape or state.
- Wind- This release allows the user to sharpen their chakra into blades of wind. It is usually performed and enhanced by generating air circulation.
- Yang- This release uses the physical energy that governs vitality. It allows the user to breathe life into form and can cause growth in Wood Release constructs.
- Yin- This release uses the spiritual energy that governs the imagination. It allows the user to create form out of nothingness and create genjutsu.
Known Two-Element Combinations
- Boil = Fire + Water- This release allows the user to create a powerful corrosive vapor capable of melting anything.
- Ice = Wind + Water- This release allows the user to create ice which can be manipulated by willpower alone, or to manipulate already existing ice and snow.
- Lava = Fire + Earth- This release allows the user to create lava and/or related substances such as quicklime and vulcanized rubber.
- Storm = Lightning + Water- This release allows the user to create energy beams (lightning-like beams which flow like water) that can be guided toward the enemy, or to create and manipulate storm clouds charged with lightning.
- Wood = Earth + Water- This release allows the user to create wood or even complete trees.
- Yin-Yang = Yin + Yang- This release uses both Yin chakra (spiritual energy) and Yang chakra (physical energy). The Sage of the Six Paths used this release to make his dreams take form and make his fantasies real. See section on main page for Yin and Yang theories.
Presumed yet Unknown Two-Element Combinations from Manga
- Blaze = Fire + Yin- This release allows the user to manipulate the black flames of Amaterasu.
- Explosion = Fire + Lightning- This release allows the user to utilize explosive chakra in combat, allowing them to cause explosions in objects they come into contact with.
- Magnet = Lightning + Earth- This release allows a user to convert chakra into magnetic forces and magnetize an object.
- Scorch = Fire + Wind- This release allows the user to create chakra that is capable of heating up an enemy to the point that all the liquid inside their body evaporates, killing the victim and leaving them a desiccated (dried) corpse.
Presumed yet Unknown Two-Element Combinations from Anime and Movies
- Crystal = Earth + Yin- This release allows the user to create crystals and manipulate existing crystals and crystalline structures.
- Dark = Lightning + Yin- This release allows the user to absorb, manipulate, and release chakra taken from an opponent.
- Steel = ?- This release allows the user to turn one’s body into black steel, making it virtually indestructible.
- Swift = Wind + Lightning- This release allows the user to move at virtually instantaneous speed.
Proposed Two- Element Combinations
- Brine = Water + Yin- This release would allow the user to create and control highly ionized water with a higher conductivity, increased boiling point, and deceased freezing point.
- Land (assuming this isn’t changed) = Earth + Yang- This release would allow the user to create and manipulate land masses.
- Light = Lightning + Yang- This release would allow the user to create and manipulate luminous energy.
- Mountain- An alternative to Land Release
- Ocean- An alternative to Wave Release
- Pressure- An alternative to Sound Release
- Radiation = Fire + Yang- This release would allow the user to create radiation, potentially creating radioactive decay, extreme heat, and radiation poisoning.
- Sand = Wind + Earth- This release allows the user to manipulate sand.
- Soil- An alternative to Land Release
- Sound = Wind + Yin- This release would allow the user to create and manipulate sound waves.
- Typhoon = Wind + Yang- This release would allow the user to create typhoons, a kind of powerful wind storm.
- Wave = Water + Yang- This release allows the user to create powerful waves of water.
Known Three-Element Combinations
- Dust = Fire + Wind + Earth- This release allows the user to manipulate molecules, giving them the ability to disintegrate anything on a molecular level (provided it’s in the boundaries of a three-dimensional form composed of the user’s chakra).
Proposed Three-Element Combinations
- Alcohol = Water + Fire + Yin- This release would allow the user to create various flammable, water-like, water-soluble fluids for various purposes.
- Bacteria = Earth + Water + Yang- This release would allow the user to create bacteria to sicken their opponent in various ways.
- Blood = Yin + Water + Yang- This release would allow the user to manipulate blood, such as forming a blood clone of the opponent (which is formed from the opponent’s own blood and shares a biological link with them) and partially controlling summons.
- Coal = Earth + Fire + Yin- This release would allow the user to create and control coal which would slowly burn the target to ashes.
- Cloud = Fire + Wind + Water- This release would allow the user to manipulate water vapor, diffuse lightning techniques by soaking up and dispersing the electricity, and solidifying clouds enough to push things.
- Dawn or Aurora = Fire + Wind + Lightning- This release would allow the user to utilize powerful solar radiation to destroy something by catching it on fire or cutting through it, or to disorient an opponent with bright light.
- Disruption (name pending) = Lightning + Water + Yin- This release would allow the user to create malfunctions.
- Dry = Wind + Earth + Yin- This release would allow the user to dehydrate things by removing moisture (such as making the air dry enough to be unhealthy).
- Erase = Water + Wind + Yang- This release would allow the user to create an imbalance of the target’s Yin and Yang, causing it to collapse and be removed from existence.
- Flesh = Yin + Earth + Yang- This release would allow the user to convert chakra into flesh, creating flesh and even using one’s own flesh to create stronger techniques.
- Flint = Earth + Fire + Yang- This release would allow the user to create a material component which would hit something and create sparks which would explode and set things on fire.
- Fluid = Water + Wind + Yin- This release would allow the user to turn the target into a fluid form (liquid or gas) without the use of heat.
- Gas = Fire + Wind + Yang- This release would allow the user to create a highly combustible gas that could combust spontaneously.
- Glass = Wind + Lightning + Earth- This release would allow the user to create forms of glass, such as obsidian blades.
- Health = Yin + Fire + Yang- This release would allow the user to stabilize or destabilize someone’s metabolism, possibly through direct contact.
- Implosion = Wind + Lightning + Yin- This release would allow the user to cause targets to collapse upon themselves.
- Mercury = Earth + Water + Yin- This release would allow the user to create and manipulate mercury.
- Metal (assuming this isn’t changed) = Fire + Lightning + Earth- This release would allow the user to create and control metal (particularly in solid form)
- Miasma = Wind + Earth + Yang- This release would allow the user to create toxic, pathogen-infested air which causes and breeds disease.
- Mind = Yin + Lightning + Yang- This release would allow the user to control someone’s mental processes, similar to Yamanaka hiden, but more versatile and with fewer requirements for use.
- Mirror = Lightning + Earth + Water- This release would allow the user to produce various kinds of reflective surfaces for various purposes.
- Petroleum = Earth + Water + Fire- This release would allow the user to create and control petroleum, such as oil, which is in liquid form and highly flammable.
- Power = Fire + Lightning + Yin- This release would allow the user to convert energy, such as converting one type of energy into another or increasing/deceasing the energy in something.
- Pulse = Wind + Lightning + Yang- This release would allow the user to create pulses, creating vibrations and tremors.
- Purification = Fire + Lightning + Water- This release would allow the user to discriminate between targets, harming only certain individuals or specific materials.
- Rust = Wind + Earth + Water- This release would allow the user to induce decay, decomposition, and rot.
- Scald = Water + Fire + Yang- This release would allow the user to create hot water or other fluids as well as steam for both offensive and healing purposes.
- Sky = Wind + Lightning + Water- This release would allow the user to create energy similar to Storm Release.
- Smoke = Fire + Wind + Yin- This release would allow the user to create and control smoke.
- Soul = Yin + Wind + Yang- This release is powered by the user’s soul and would allow the user to affect their opponent’s soul.
- Star = Fire + Lightning + Yang- This release would allow the user to manipulate plasma, allowing them to create star-like bodies and control things made of, but not created from, plasma.
- Weld Release (name pending) = Lightning + Earth + Yin- This release would allow the user to merge things using their chakra.
- ? = Lightning + Earth + Yang
- ? = Lightning + Water + Yang
Proposed Stronger Counterparts See section on main page for explanations
- Boil- Acid
- Dust- Dust (even finer dust) or Powder
- Earth- Steel, Crystal, Land, or Mountain
- Fire- Blaze
- Ice- Freezing, Frost, or Cold
- Lava- Eruption
- Lightning- Magnet
- Storm- Hurricane or Tempest
- Swift- Velocity
- Water- Wave or Ocean
- Wind- Typhoon
- Wood- Forest or Flora
- Yang- Sun
- Yin- Moon
Debunked Theories See section on main page for explanations
I apologize that this is so long. I'm not good at posting things yet. Omnibender, you said that if you put Steel Release as Earth + Yang, you’d have to come up with something to replace Metal Release as being Fire/Earth/Lightning, but I don’t think that’s necessarily the case. There are natures which are similar, but different, such as Lightning/Storm, Water/Ice, Water/Brine, and Coal/Flint. Since Steel Release simply involves transforming something into black steel and the Metal Release idea involves creating and controlling any kind of solid metal, I think that if you decided to make Steel Earth/Yang all you’d have to do is replace Land Release. Raidra (talk) 17:54, February 20, 2012 (UTC)
- Besides being way too long to read, I think you make a good point. I have also pointed out in the past that, for example, because there are sound techniques doesn't mean there can't be a sound-related nature. Who knows, maybe it'll have a name like "Roar Release". I'm not saying that such a thing will exist for sure, but I think we shouldn't cross off all possibilities. On my personal theory page, I made up "Thunderclap Release" to hold the spot of Wind+Lightning; we can never really perfectly guess the names, although we can always be close. Another example is Explosion Release: At first no one on the wikia wanted to call it a nature, partially due to Explosion not sounding like a new element at all. --GoDai (talk) 08:30, February 21, 2012 (UTC)
Thank you for that, Go Dai. If Metal Release sounded too much like Steel Release, it could always be changed to Forge Release or something similar. Like I said before, if I knew what I was doing when I posted things, this section wouldn’t have been so long. It would’ve been just as wordy, but it wouldn’t have been so dang long. Raidra (talk) 20:42, February 23, 2012 (UTC)
Ideas Pt 15.
Earth + Lightning + Yang = Vein/Alchemy Release. I was thinking of the Dragon Vein, which in various cultures are like invisible rivers of life force energy that flow through out the earth doing whatever. If I am correct, Raal_Ghul: in the DC universe uses a pool of such energy to revive/keep himself young or something. In Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, those who practice Alkahestry: use dragon pulses to fuel the techs. Another version being from the Pokemon Black/White Movie. The ability to flow through solid object comes from Lightning its shape is influence by Earth and Lightning and it life powers come from Lightning and Yang.
For Water + Lightning + Yang. Perhaps an Immortality or Youth Release like the opposite of Rust which deals with rotting, decay and old age, Youth release could deal with renewal and rebirth, like turning something broken or old into something working and new. Of course on living beings a kick start to their life force. Using the idea from above. Similar to above its shape is influenced by Water and maybe Lightning and all three of their life giving qualities are merged. Sort of like a raging river of youth.
I was thinking this was on a higher level. Health release seems to a medical ninjutsu turned into a nature. This would be like Reincarnation Ninjutsu turned into an element. How about this:
A Repair Release. While Health Release would deal with living objects Repair release would deal with non living ones. I would be the opposite of Disruption release or whatever you decide to call in which rather than cause malfunction and breakage, Repair release fixes such damage. Like having an engineer. So maybe a function release where it restores an objects movement or whatever.Umishiru (talk) 08:30, February 27, 2012 (UTC)
- This sounds like an interesting new idea. I don't think we have a nature that creates order in a system yet, and this effect could fit pretty well. --GoDai (talk) 08:35, February 28, 2012 (UTC)
Redefining and specifying my space-based idea. I was thinking a space-related idea was still somewhat viable, since space has so many parallels to water (both are clear and things float in them, they share so many terms such as space ships and space marines, both bend and curve around objects, and both can form vortexes). Utilising a combination of electromagnetic force and this fluid space, I think a Force Release would be possible. I imagine this would look a lot like telekinesis, levitating, pushing, and blocking objects with an invisible force (although in terms of visuals transparent or translucent energy may be fitting) induced by electromagnetic forces, and I think force fields could be generated by this nature. Could be similar to Trafalgar Law's abilities in One Piece (), in terms of the manipulation of the spatial position of targets. Lightning would be the invisible electromagnetic forces, Water would be the manipulation of fluid space, and Yang would characterize the natural force. --GoDai (talk) 05:47, March 9, 2012 (UTC)
I sorta thought of those too, but I concluded that since Wind is more generally based on the movement of air and changes in pressure, it wouldn't be really necessary in terms of empty space, although it could certainly help. I think water acting as the spatial component and making the energy that the energy that this nature deals with become fluid, it avoids the issue of the lack of H2O, the same way it was avoided in Storm Release. And as for the Yin or Yang part, I see this as more of a force to move things, rather than changing their form. I know Wind and Yin could really be viable in the components of this nature, but in all honesty, this was probably the most "new element"-sounding one that I could fit in, and I think a electromagnetic force fluidised by the addition of the nature of water acting as a form of telekinesis is still quite viable. --GoDai (talk) 23:52, March 13, 2012 (UTC)
Idk, when I think of telekinesis I do not think of water, Lightning and Yang do fight though. To fit what you want it would have to be Water + Lightning + Wind. Basically a nature that turns the air into invisable water sort of like being in water wit hall the effects and floating minus the water. I see Force release as an alternate option to thoe combinations liste dsince those are taken. Seeing as gravity is covered by the Rinnegan it makes it a harder fit. Maybe something the works on capillary action? With Lightning neutralizing the natural electromangetic forces that exist which includes gravity, and with Yang's outward/expandsion qulaity that acts as a sort of a shell that defines the area of the effect. like Dust Release's shapes that confine its effect within teh shape unless it conlides with another dust release tech. Maybe call it Ripple Release since ripples are a subset of Capillary Action. Umishiru (talk) 06:11, March 14, 2012 (UTC)
Well that's the thing. I don't exactly want to be using the air as a medium for the nature, but space itself, which is why I pointed out all those parallels between space and water. It's kinda like adding all the effects of water such as floating to the space around the target, to turn the space, not air, into invisible water. And to be exact, the Rinnegan actually never used gravity (重力) but rather only pure attraction and repulsion. The primary difference I see with Force Release is that since it is mainly focused around the "floating" quality of things and moving things through the increased buoyancy of the affected space. I'm not really sure if capillary action is exactly what I'm going for. In reality, this is all derived from my original idea of a space-related nature because I saw that overall, there was no nature that really manipulated space, and I eventually came up with the idea of spatial displacement. I can see what you're saying and it would be totally fine to make this Wind-involved and such, but I don't think the air is necessary when the energy can just use space as a medium, like light. --GoDai (talk) 06:44, March 14, 2012 (UTC)
Pressure is the effect of a force applied to a surface, the pressure can be a fluid pressure like water or a vapor pressure wich comes from fluids also and the pressure at depth, in earth for example so i suggested that this element could be a combination of water, earth and the Yang that characterize the natural force applied by pressure.--Charmanking2198 (talk) 21:50, March 12, 2012 (UTC)
- Ctrl+F "pressure" in the main article. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 22:16, March 12, 2012 (UTC)
Flora release is a stronger version of wood release(Eath+water) empowered by the life force of Yang release , wich causes the growth of diffrent types of plantes that does'nt involve only wood or trees.
And plz don't tell me that the flora release is already in the main article i know that am only suggesting what this nature entails (Eath+water+Yang).--Charmanking2198 (talk) 10:45, March 17, 2012 (UTC)
Flora is a bit too similar to Wood Release and to a couple of my "stronger counterpart" suggestions already. At the moment, I'm only interested in finishing the combinations which are still vacant, two of which I already know what they are, but I haven't added them yet due to not finding good names in Japanese (actually picking from the various names I found), and because of college. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 15:08, March 17, 2012 (UTC)
The ones missing are Lightning + Earth + Yang and Lightning + Water + Yang. I offered some suggestions in a post above and Omnibender told he that he already had ideas for Lightning + Earth + Yin and Lightning + Water + Yin. Raidra (talk) 16:17, March 17, 2012 (UTC)
Hi, I've read your whole page and I just had to log in to say how amazing all these idea's are! I'm having trouble, however, with the formation of jutsu, so I was wondering if you'd approve these idea's of mine (as you might envision them to be). I've read a few pages and they all had their own good idea's of what ninjutsu these releases would have.
I hope I didn't offend any of your idea's with my idea's :P
(Edit: I somehow messed the bottom part up... sorry :s)
i like all your ideas only tow of them,the first one is power release,power release doesn't give you powerfull taijutsu and physical strength its gives you a high level of energy, and dry release because this element doesn't dry people out of their chakra it dries them out of water in their bodies wich will cause death simmiliar to scorch release but a lot stronger.--Charmanking2198 (talk) 11:12, March 20, 2012 (UTC)
Brine: Defensive. Attacks would be like water-style attacks, but instead the water could evaporate, leaving salt behind. (Putting enemies in a coat of salt?)
Radiation: offensive. Would focus on damaging enemies by heating their inner organs? :o
Typhoon: Offensive. Create tornado's or even hurricane's.
Light: Defensive. Blinding enemies, creating shields of light?
Land: Supplemental. Would focus on raising land and shaping it to your own benefit.
Wave: Supplemental. Strong tides of water to shape the land to your own benefit. (create a lake or such)
Dawn: Defensive. Stronger version of light release in which you can change the whole atmosphere.
Cloud: Defensive & Supplementary. Make clouds to confuse enemies or create vast clouds that could be used as more solid materials to stand on or such.
Smoke: Supplementary. Confuse enemies by limiting their eye sight. Intensity of chakra could make even dojutsu users very confused.
Gas: Offensive. Remove the air around the enemy and suffocate them :D
Metal: Supplementary, Defensive & Offensive. Metal version of the Wood release.
Purification: Supplementary. You mentioned it, I think? The ability to completely be safe of hitting user-chosen items, persons, locations, ...
Power: Offensive. Taijutsu with amazing force? Correction: Higher amount of energy.
Star: Offensive. Very hot balls of plasma to hit foes with?
Glass: Offensive, Defensive & Supplementary. Glass could be used in a lot of ways, such a very small pieces to lob at people or a very big shield.
Sky: Supplementary. Could be used to make weather conditions.
Implosion: Offensive & Defensive. Touch something to make it implode on its own. I would love to see this nature to be real xd
Pulse: Offensive. Strong pulses that can be started from the user to create earthquakes, tsunami's, ...
Rust: Supplementary, Defensive & Offensive. Decay anything or everything. The "rust" that is left over can be manipulated at will to create shields, etc...
Dry: Supplementary. Could "dry" people out of chakra? Correction: More powerful version of Scorch release.
Miasma: Offensive. Kill people with poisonous gas.
Mirror: Supplementary, Offensive & Defensive. Would be able to create "chakra mirrors" that deflects any attack back.
Petroleum: Supplementary. Very thick and combustable liquid. Could be used to slow down opponents.
Mercury: Supplementary. Liquid that can be turned rapidly into solid metal.
Bacteria: Offensive. Kill opponents with bacteria and diseases.
Coal: Offensive. Could be used to create living mater into coal.
Flint: Offensive. Touch anything to create fire.
Alcohol: Didn't find anything for this, I'm afraid.
Scald: Offensive. Burn opponents with any liquid.
Fluid: Supplementary. Turn any material into a fluid substance that can be used at will.
Erase: Supplementary. Could be used to erase mater?
Health: Supplementary. Heal yourself and others to a level above medical ninjutsu.
Soul: Supplementary. Animate any object at will.
Mind: No idea for this one.
Flesh: No idea for this one.
Blood: No idea for this one.
These are my idea's for possible ninjutsu made with your natures. I really loved reading your page, I hope my idea's aren't too rediculous!
Good luck finding new natures.
I like your ideas! Like I said, this thing is an exercise in creativity and I love it! I also find it interesting that you didn't come up with anything for Blood Release simply because I just happened to come up with several ideas. I'd like to share them, either here or on my own talk page, but I'd like to ask permission first. Raidra (talk) 15:31, March 31, 2012 (UTC)
Since no one said I don't have permission, I went ahead and posted it on my talk page. If that's wrong, let me know and I'll remove it myself later. I hope you like it! Raidra (talk) 14:44, April 12, 2012 (UTC)
water + lightning + Yang
Reflection release. I had this idea based on the fact that (lightning+Yang)=Light release, and since water is a fine reflecter of light it is able to act like a mirror.
Lightning + Earth + Yang = Glow/Waste Release. Lightning passes on it qualities on to the earth which are radiated out by Yang's expansion quality or earth passes on its solidity and physical form to lightning which radiates energy using Yang's expansion quality. The idea is basically a physical radiation/scorch release. Like the plutonium rods that the govts' of today use to make nuclear weapons. Since the radiation from these rods are very harmful it could be seen as a cancer like release making the targets own cells/molecules attack one another or destroy themselves.
Lightning + Water + Yang = Glow/Waste release. It follows a similar precipice in that Water takes on lightnings qualities and spread its effects using Yang's expansion quality only that it. Basically the radio active water that results from storing plutonium rods minus the rods. Same effect as the above combination only in liquid form.
Of course Glow is not literal but symbolic of the fact that culturally those who are effected by radiation are drawn as glowing green to indicate they have higher than normal levels of radiation in their bodies. Waste since leftovers from nuclear testing and creation that are no longer wanted or needed are usually called radioactive waste.Umishiru (talk) 16:21, March 20, 2012 (UTC)
A conduction (伝導 Dendo) nature, wielding Conduction Release (Dendoton) techniques. Lightning is conducted by Water, and the Yin could serve to add mental energy and creativity to the Conduction, allowing many versitaile conduction techniques. --220.127.116.11 (talk) 23:01, March 20, 2012 (UTC)
A conduction (伝導 Dendo) nature, wielding Conduction Release (Dendoton) techniques. Lightning is conducted by Water, and the Yin could serve to add mental energy and creativity to the Conduction, allowing many versitaile conduction techniques. --18.104.22.168 (talk) 23:02, March 20, 2012 (UTC)
I think that it should be (lightning+water+Yang) because the Yang principle is associated with expansion wich is related to how the conduction works.--Charmanking2198 (talk) 06:35, March 21, 2012 (UTC)
By combining Wind+Lighting. Thunder being caused by an increase in pressure and temperature from lightning produces rapid expansion of the air surrounding (Wind). White Flash (議論 | 貢献) 01:41, March 24, 2012 (UTC)
Swift Release is what I think lightning + wind is, while trying to fit natures that are more canon than my speculations somewhere. I highly doubt we'll actually see Swift Release in the manga. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 18:51, March 26, 2012 (UTC)
Different Combinations of Two Natures
Have you considered each two nature combination excluding Yin-Yang being different natures depending on the dominant nature?
For example, Lightning + Water being Storm when Lightning is the dominant nature, but being Explosion when Water is dominant, my reasoning for Explosion is that Water would explode violently when exposed to the heat given off by Lightning, and if Deidara's clay is made of plasticine then that would explain the flames that follow his explosions, something that didn't seem to happen when Gari attacked using Explosion release.
Other combinations I've thought of are Steam being Fire (dominant) + Water, Thunder being Wind (dominant) + Lightning which would produce a sonic boom effect, Wood being Earth + Water + Yin which allows the user to imagine the plants/trees desired and create the seeds required, which then uses Earth + Water to grow them. TricksterKing (talk) 01:17, April 8, 2012 (UTC)
Oh yeah I know a lot of people come up with this idea about different results depending on the nature, so I have a "pattern theory" on my page. It is my theory that when two natures combine, one naturally becomes primary and the other one becomes secondary. So it makes a pattern. For example, I think Wind enhances Water (Ice), Water enhances Lightning (Storm), Lightning enhances Fire (Explosion), Fire enhances Earth (Lava). This would explain why Water+Lightning strangely ends up with water enhancing lightning (because most people would normally expect lightning to enhance water instead). Water needs to enhance Lightning and make fluid electricity, in order to fit the pattern. Just an idea of mine though. --GoDai (talk) 18:08, April 9, 2012 (UTC)
I like to think of the Soul Release as a kind of thing when you literally release your soul from your body and attack the enemy with it. Your body would collapse in a similar way to when one uses the Mind Transfer Technique leaving your opponent thinking that you screwed up or something, while your soul would attack them. A bit like astral projection, that your soul (as an invisible body) leaves your physical body, but in this case it can also do actual things, not just... watch. --Who cares about signature? 11:34, April 10, 2012 (UTC)
I get what you're saying. It also reminds me of the characters of Negative Man and Negative Woman from DC Comics. Both had the ability to send a flying, super-strong, super-fast, energy spirit from their bodies, allowing them to do feats that were impossible to the average human. I think that the explanation was that the "Negative Spirit" was merged with their essences, but in any case, I imagine your idea being along that lines. Raidra (talk) 03:04, April 11, 2012 (UTC)
A theory about Haku
- Firstly, I don't interpret the following aspects of chakra as a nature or combined elements, but improved features of (elemental) chakra itself.
Mirrors techniques/Mirror Chakra: A feature of suiton-based chakra. With those kind of techniques, is possible to create a special reflective surface of water (水鏡, Mizukagami). That surface reflects and perfectly copy (and can also materializes) whatever is in front of it in our world/universe side. An important detail about is that the user do not create the copies, he just open a door to the "reflective world".
(High) Speed Techniques/Speed Chakra: This one is very familiar. If used in larger scale, it moves the user in great velocity and virtually allows him to be in two places at the same time. There's detail about this type of chakra; if used alone, it causes a temporarily blindness because the human eyes can't follow this speed. The same occurs with chidori without a sharingan (but it causes a tunel vision, speed techniques actually blind).
Haku was able to use both types of chakra in Demonic Mirroring Ice Crystals. With his special use of Mirror Chakra, he problably could enter in the "reflective world" or just use it (multiples Haku attacking) to improve his technique. In other hand he had the High Speed Chakra and the mirrors allowed him to move with a great speed without losing his vision/focus. That's why he has to use a mirror to make every movements at high speed.--Spcmn (talk) 01:28, April 15, 2012 (UTC)
I think I get what you're saying. In some comic books those who can generate and control darkness are said to have some kind of shadow energy which allows them to tap into a realm of darkness/dark energy. In some cases this allows them to teleport by traveling through this dimension (Cloak from Cloak and Dagger of Marvel Comics is an example of this). Is that what you're saying with your idea? Raidra (talk) 22:25, April 26, 2012 (UTC)
Which Natures Generates Crystal Release
First, I want to say that this is just speculation, but the crystal element could be a Kekkei Tota, a union of earth, air and water, because makes sense that if we mix air and water generates ice, then if we join this(ice) with earth, it could result on crystal.(Alx shouton (talk) 22:17, May 14, 2012 (UTC)) i think is earth and wind for your reason if wind + water make ice (crystal of water) so wind + earth make crystal (crystal of earth) the water adding with the earth can make mud i think wind Crystallized other elements. --Nitram86 (talk) 11:16, May 30, 2012 (UTC)
Well, my first idea was Lighting + Earth + Yin = "Prism Release". It would work as a focused "Crystal Release", being able to shift and control various types of energy (light, waves) around the place and using them. Instead of reflecting like Mirror Release, it would disperse/focus/refract along the way.
The second would be Lighting + Earth + Yang = "Gravity Release" but I read you don't want to enter on that because of Deva Path. The other idea was Static Release, building up energy on small places and releasing a huge power in an instant.
Third, it would be Water + Lighting + Ying = "Corruption Release". Using the Water "spread", fusing it with the absorption nature of Dark Release (Lighting and Yin), it would help aplly that sort of focus unto objects and inject various corrosive and corrupting effects on objects.
And forth and last, Water + Lighting + Yang = "Jet Release". It's pretty much the idea of a "Water Jet", using the activity of the Yang, and the energy of the Lighting, to compress enormous amount of water and make them pierce anything...
Well, there goes that, mainly trying to apply a two element into a "depper and specific" three element combination, so might sound like a copy of others...~The King of Beast was here (talk) 12:36, June 18, 2012 (UTC)
Ideas Pt. 16
Florescent or Dew Release. Water + Lightning + Yang. The idea being something of a liquid light. Like cross between light and storm Release.
Dusk Release. Water + Lightning + Yin. Maybe the opposite of your Dawn Release or something more closer to the magic/half-light/underworld associations that cultures give it.
Empathy release. Water + Earth + Yin. The idea being that Yin represents the mind, while earth and water mix to create the necessary chemicals. The result being a liquid or gas that manipulates an living creature's emotions. Not to mention that water is part of the chemistry or the brain and I am sure some molecules and proteins have share some materials with the earth.Umishiru (talk) 05:40, August 13, 2012 (UTC)
Ahaha I feel like this page has been on a mental hiatus... I think Sound Release is fine at this moment. For Sound Release or anything similar, I have suggested in the past that instead of sound in general, Sound Release could deal with some specific and unique aspect of sound that other sound-based techniques cannot utilize, just like how Ice Release had a unique mirror-based jutsu that other non-kekkei genkai ice-related techniques couldn't use. I also suggested that Sound Release could be named something symbolic, like Roar Release or Resonation Release. The latter would be 鳴遁. --GoDai (talk) 08:06, November 3, 2012 (UTC)
Not actually suggesting you a thing, I want your advice on one fictional kekkei touta. My friend made a character from Iwa, who was conducted in experiment to give him access to "Metal Release" which Iwa lost (its long story) they accidentally created within him Tar Release, because they didnt counted into his affinity.
The Tar Release is composed of Earth, Fire and Water, like your Petroleum. He has to wear gas mask all the time because of the fumes his body produces (I guess as it was accidental he dont controls it at 100%) and can remove it only for short amount of time for safety of others.
I dont want to suggest you this one to include into yours, but as Tar, or asphalt are made from ground, mixed with water and than both "cooked" by heat, it makes the same sense as Petroleum. But as I said, I dont want you to change it or something. I want to ask you for your advice how to name it in Japanese.
My friend at first named it "Taruton", but I realized that "taru" was simply "tar" in katakana, and releases are made from kanji, so I suggested him to use "Rekisei" (瀝青), and from it 瀝遁 Rekiton. But 瀝 alone means noting. So i want to ask you, do you agree with the name "Rekiton" for Tar/Asphalt Release? Thank you for your reply. --VolteMetalic (talk) 19:53, October 9, 2012 (UTC)
瀝 as far as I could find means something like "dropping", though I couldn't find it as a word by itself either. Another word I could for tar/asphalt I was able to find is tar (乾留液, Kanryūeki). Maybe Ryūton? There's another word for asphalt but it's rather uncommon an ill-suited for creating a release name, it's the same Rekisei you found, but preceded by the earth kanji used in Earth Release, Dorekisei. If you want something that has more of a meaning of tar and asphalt, I suggest Ryūton, using the middle kanji of the word, it has a "stop, halt" meaning, that could be associated with the tar/asphalt hardening I guess. I've always made the effort to make names with only one kanji other than the "-Release", but maybe two could be necessary to make a good name for this? Kanryūton, Ryūekitoon, Dorekiton? Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 01:45, October 10, 2012 (UTC)