|This page is an archive. Please do not edit this archive, instead try editing the page this archive originated from.|
Okay, I agree that it's possible that this isn't the same technique, but do you think it should still be called the "Tailed Beast Sealing Jutsu"? it hasn't been confirmed that he's the only user (but it hasn't been confirmed that he isn't the only one either). -WhiteArmor-(Talk)- 23:12, May 13, 2010 (UTC)
Killer Bee: Kenjutsu
Is that Killer Bee: Kenjutsu: 'that's speculation' about that information about his swords I put down (I do not know if it was you or someone earlier who removed it, if it is not you, my apologies), since I can tell you it was not speculation. I can even cite it from books. The shape of his swords is that of thrusting blade, and the fact that he has no hilt demonstrates a strong need for little weight since it does add a bit to it since it needs to be strong enough to stop other swords. The lack of a hilt also (like Sasuke) shows that he does not feel the need to defend himself due to his chakra flow.
As for the length of the blades themselves, if you have the ability to cut through anything then a longer blade would be more reasonable since wtih length you gain reach but less balance, but you could cut through the enemies defenses; even if you are worried about parries one could easily still have a longer blade. His are short and light though. Also, look at how thin they are and how easily Suigitsu broke that one. Those are not strong blades, so they must be for both his stance to be easily thrown.--Thomas Finlayson (talk) 4:34, May 14, 2010 (UTC)
Chidori Current Range
Scratch what I said earlier. I got a tape measure and this is AT LEAST 10m long. Thus I am thinking of putting that in the trivia. Plus, Chidori Sharp Spear is too long for 5m as well. When it is used here and here it also passes 5m. I admit at other times like when Sasuke catches Orochimaru in bed and here it is closer, but...in the name of accuracy I feel I should mention it on the trivia.
- Since you are the first to do this, with Iron Sand World Order I thought I would ask you for your advice first. --Thomas Finlayson (talk) 3:43, May 17, 2010 (UTC)
Check out the Sasuke Uchiha page and look at his weapons. Maybe i am crazy but does it say Fuma Shuriken...? I do not know how to edit that so can you take that out for me, Thanks. Kagutsuchi100 (talk) 01:46, May 17, 2010 (UTC)Kagutsuchi100
Who tried to remove what from Hinata's trivia?
Jiraiya's Unusual Summoning
1) Catch more attention and more discussion this way, and they are both relevant (i.e. someone interested in Jiraiya may not necessarily be as interested in summoning but can still contribute; and vise versa)
How Lightning Release is strong against Earth jutsu
Could you go to Talk:Lightning release and look at the bottom two sections? After all, this is a tad similiar to Iron Sand World Order, and I thought it best to help explain this. Thomas Finlayson (talk) 22:16, May 28, 2010 (UTC)
Elements and Recomposition
I have been thinking, and this is another theory, which may have many problems, but maybe you could help. This is it: There are 2 types of elemental recomposition: Opposite and Adjacent.
- Opposite recomposition includes Ice, Lava, Storm, and Dust, where the elements being recomposed both have a relationship with another element, one superior and the other inferior (e.g. Water → Fire → Wind; Water + Wind = Ice, so Ice is the opposite of Fire, because the Fire chakra will be strong against the Wind component of Ice chakra, but weak to the Water component). This type of recomposition produces an element that is an "opposite" of a basic element. By my theory, Ice is the opposite of Fire, Lava is the opposite of Water, Storm is the opposite of Earth, and Dust is the opposite of Lightning.
- (Water→Fire→Wind)In Sasuke's fight with Haku, Haku stated Sasuke could not melt his Ice with a C-rank Fire technique, which could show how Fire and Ice are equally opposed, and one can defeat the other only by level of skill.
- (Earth→Water→Fire)Rōshi's Lava could be cooled and extinguished by Kisame's Water, although Kisame also complained about the difficulty, possibly saying their powers were matched.
- (Lightning→Earth→Water)Storm is energy-based, while Earth is matter-based. The former also represents "Heaven", while the latter represents "Earth".
- (Wind→Lightning→Earth) Dust is matter-based, while Lightning is energy-based. In comparison, both involve the breakdown of matter.
- (Fire→Wind→Lightning) THEORY: If Sasuke's new element Blaze is Fire+Lightning, Naruto's Wind chakra will be the only equal counter to it. This was inspired when Yamato explains elemental relationships, about how Naruto's Wind cannot defeat Sasuke's Fire Release techniques, but can defeat his Chidori, and Naruto talked about how he was the only person that could be the one to oppose Sasuke equally.
- Adjacent recomposition includes Wood and Boil, which is a case where elements that may affect each other in relationships outside of recomposition (Earth → Water, and Water → Fire). In such a recomposition, the inferior element must (symbolically) overcome the superior one with "skill"(e.g. Normally, Earth → Water, but Water can cause Wood to grow from the Earth, therefore breaking and dividing it). This is necessary to create balance between the superior and inferior elements.
- (Water-Wood→Earth) Earth blocks, or absorbs, Water, but Water can cause Wood to grow in the Earth, causing the roots of the Tree to part and break into the Earth (This comes from the Chinese elements, which are also used in Japan and other Asian countries).
- (Fire-Boil→Water) Water extinguishes Fire, but can cause Water to Boil in the process.
- (Wind-Dark?→Fire) THEORY: Fire consumes Wind, but Wind can cause Fire to blow out, leaving only Darkness.
- (Lightning-Swift?→Wind) THEORY: Wind dissipates Lightning, but Lightning is Faster, which allows it to strike before Wind.
- (Earth-Steel?→Lightning) THEORY: Lightning pierces/breaks Earth, but the Electricity can be used to purify and refine Earth into Steel, a stronger material which conducts Electricity, and therefore immune, because it just lets it pass through itself.
And that's all I have so far, but I especially believe that Sasuke's new element Blaze is somehow related to the two natures he was able to learn at such a young age, and I was mainly motivated by Yamato's lesson, where he showed Fire→Wind→Lightning, which means Naruto and Sasuke are, also in this way, opposites (Wind←→Blaze in my theory). --GoDai (talk) 03:48, May 29, 2010 (UTC)
Since when is Blaze release Lightning plus Fire? Blaze release has nothing to do with either of the two elements, it is a Kekkei Genkai ability. In fact Blaze release is no different than Amaterasu, and Amaterasu has nothing to do with the Fire release. Kagutsuchi100
Blaze release is the same as Amaterasu. And Amaterasu is not an advanced chakra nature. So how can blaze release be a combination of lightning and fire if Itachi could control Amaterasu the same way as Sasuke and Itachi did not possess lightning release? Kagutsuchi100 (talk) 19:46, June 4, 2010 (UTC)Kagutsuchi100
Amaterasu was called a Fire Release in the Third Databook. I assume something is diffeent about Blaze Release, as Itachi never specified Amaterasu as Blaze, and my guess is that Blaze Release can condense Amaterasu into shapes, such as spikes, with the aid of another element, such as Lightning. Sorry, but I put THEORY in capitals for people to notice. --GoDai (talk) 06:34, June 5, 2010 (UTC)
- I suppose since it took me 10 minutes to move them in the first place, I could take ten minutes to move them back. However, if you'll remember my reason for moving them, the releases and whatever else I moved are not proper nouns, so they should not be capitalized in article text. Therefore, a bot is not needed beyond correcting the target for the semantic lists. ~SnapperTo 19:23, May 29, 2010 (UTC)
- I believe, generally, proper nouns are unique, and rarely occur as plurals. You capitalize the specific entity ("Eiffel Tower" and "Washington Monument") but not what the entity is classified as ("tower" and "monument"). "Fire Release: Great Fireball Technique" can refer to only one thing, "fire release" can refer to many things.
- Since I am not an expert on grammar, I look at it other ways. We do not capitalize terms like "ninjutsu" or "jinchuriki", so why "Fire Release"? What seems to me the more obvious reason: if "Fire Release" is to be capitalized, then why is it only capitalized when it occurs as such? We do not say "Fire Jutsu", "Fire Techniques", or simply "Fire", instead using "fire jutsu", "fire techniques", and "fire". Taking it solely as a matter of consistency, capitalizing "Release" goes against almost every other practice on the wiki. ~SnapperTo 01:36, June 13, 2010 (UTC)
- I don't see why it would be capitalized under any of those interpretations. Unless that was the point?
- Perhaps the real problem is the prevalence of "release". You seem to agree that the element should ordinarily not be capitalized, no? I think the choice of "release" makes very little sense in English and that "fire release technique" is not only redundant, but would work better without "release". If you replace/remove almost every instance of "release", then there's no dispute over what, if anything, to capitalize and no meaning is lost. ~SnapperTo 02:12, June 13, 2010 (UTC)
- But fūinjutsu is a similar, if broader, case and it is not capitalized. It's also part of a name (Sealing Technique: Illusionary Dragon Nine Consuming Seals). To capitalize releases on the grounds that they cover a specific group of jutsu would necessitate that other terms be capitalized too. ~SnapperTo 02:30, June 13, 2010 (UTC)
In both the manual of style and the writing policy, it says that articles should be written in "past tense". So if it has been changed I must have missed it. Jacce | Talk | Contributions 20:48, June 4, 2010 (UTC)
This is going to sound weird. Today, someone told me many things about Cardcaptors, and although it's mostly logic, I couldn't help but notice very strange similarities. They are mostly common sense, but are demonstrated in extremely similar ways to Naruto.
- Fire will grow if attacked by Wind, but will go out if Water is used.
- Wood grows and gains power with Rain, which is under Water.
- Water will freeze if trapped in a room with Wind inside.
- Mist is corrosive, and will melt even metal, and it is related to Water.
(About killing Sasuke) "I... Sasuke... I... I thought I could do this...
Do u know where that quote came from? Cause I can't seem to remember/find it.
Only 5 elements?
When Kakashi tells Naruto about the 5 Quality Transformations, he uses the term "primarily." Could it mean there could be other "chakra qualities" that work in completely different ways (e.g. not by affinities, certain body-changing jutsu) and are totally diffeent from the 5 primary natures and their advanced combinations? I'm thinking chakra qualities such as the Third Kazekage's magnetic chakra used for his Iron Sand techniques, Deidara's explosive chakra used with his Earth Release in his Exploding Clay techniques, Nagato's gravitational chakra often used through his Deva Path, etc. Of course these have all been, in various ways, explained, but I couldn't find any info on how they have "qualities" that are not part of the "5 Great Nature Transformations." --GoDai (talk) 05:07, June 7, 2010 (UTC)
Re: BBQ Sauce
He technically hasn't done anything I warned him against. Yet. What will I laugh at for the next six months to a year if I have immediate follow-through with my warnings? ~SnapperTo 03:01, June 8, 2010 (UTC)
Was wondering if you were interested in helping out with chapter summaries. - SimAnt 01:49, June 16, 2010 (UTC)
Deidara's speech about Han and Fu
Could you tell me when (the chapter) Deidara spoke about the first two sealed jinchuriki telling that they hated their villeges and vice-versa ? 184.108.40.206 (talk) 19:46, June 16, 2010 (UTC) a fan of naruto
I'm reluctant to. I'm hoping some combination of blocks and "hey, I need to keep making the same bullshit edit over and over again" will produce the desired effect. ~SnapperTo 22:19, June 21, 2010 (UTC)
- I really dislike preemptive page protection. These edits are easy to revert and protection just prevents the rare good edit from being made. I also do not like the idea of individually protecting the few hundred infoboxes since I could see cascading protection be abused.
- Assuming your question is partially inspired by that one anon, I'd rather see some sort of range block (which doesn't seem like it would work well). Alternatively: murder. I know a guy. LMK. ~SnapperTo 02:43, July 17, 2010 (UTC)
Re: Aspect ratio
Yes, mainly my contribution in this site is uploading anime images. I take screenshots from the episodes. My laptop is 1280x800 and I watch them fullscreen(little stretchy :) ). I asked once what aspect ratio should I make them, but didn't quite understand each other(not you, some other guy). From now on I will make them 1280x720. Thanks for the explanations ;).--Donatelo (talk) 22:20, June 23, 2010 (UTC)
Re: Image Request
The problem is not the quality of the image. The problem is the quality of the art, how is the chakra lion animated. They think that there is a really big difference so they want the manga image to stay. This is the best quality that I could make File:-Gentle Step Twin Lion Fists-.PNG. So if you want you can make the edit. I gave up on that argue about the image.--Donatelo (talk) 11:45, June 25, 2010 (UTC)
Nine Tails Barrage
Yes, but it originally appeared in Naruto: Ninja Council which is actually its debut
what website are you looking at when you read this?
No it was there
no, i think it was there since because i saved the part when sasuke stabbed danzo it was still there,but anyways at least it is gone.
why would you do that
dude... why dude... why change deva path info did you not see shippuden 167 deva used earth, water, and posibly a fire tech in there. come on man i even ref'ed it
why did u remove animal path's trivia?
Re: SVG background
I didn't change anything, so I find it rather odd there's a difference...
Most of those issues are cache issues such as property:loyalty not being updated with latest concept:loyalty. As for clans, make sure the cases of the clan in the character infobox match the case of the clan page. SimAnt 01:57, July 5, 2010 (UTC)
- Sorry for being slow, but it would be easy to do. I was thinking of doing it in fact in the past, but afterwards I thought it looked cluttered. If others want it as well, I will add it. SimAnt 19:43, July 13, 2010 (UTC)
O.O DUH! I feel like an idiot now, I totally forgot about that!? It wouldn't have confused me so much if 雹 didn't mean the same damn thing LOL. Thank you for revealing my self induced amnesia :P. Keiren1 (talk) 22:48, July 6, 2010 (UTC)
wait ko hyuga is the one watching the battle im talking about the young one in the flashbacks is that ko cause if it is then why dont they have it on his article
I just wanna say nice username its cool
Re: File corruption?
That's weird. It doesn't show in the thumbnails, nor in the image on its own. Only when you view it on the file page...
we talked awhile ago about FTG and up until now i believe you were correct. the most recent chapter however shows Minato using FTG but producing smoke. - UchihaChris
Please don't help him. He has been asked several times to start a new line after adding an image, and it is not difficult enough that he should need others to do it for him. ~SnapperTo 17:53, July 10, 2010 (UTC)
No; even though Hidan has dark green nails, Kakuzu has black. Everyone keeps undoing my edit whenever I change it to black, though. As proof, I've uploaded screenshot after screenshot (26 total) from the anime, where Kakuzu is shown to have black nails. http://s807.photobucket.com/albums/yy355/kakuzu_nails/kakuzu%20nails/