Re: Kanji + Translations
Well, we used that page before and I can see where they're coming from:
- 砂陣 止威砂 with the latter reading シーサー would be like Kumo's techniques, a foreign word with matching Kanji.
- 医療水遁 ミズカマキリ is basically what we have, but the mizukamakiri is an actual animal. I didn't know that.
- 砂巌拳 changed the second Kanji, no idea why.
- 偏光砂陣 熱砂迷彩 matches what we have.
- 医療水遁 ミズクラゲ was written in Katakana again,
even though there's no mizukerage animal.Turns out there is.
- 盲漠砂陣 濃偉砂 has Kanji, as I thought. They also changed the second Kanji from 爆 to 漠. 盲漠 mōbaku isn't an actual word, but 漠 means "vague; obscure; desert; wide", so I guess it makes more sense than 爆.
I'd trust them. Or at least, I think they have more credibility than me, even though we all went by what we heard. That is if they don't have an episode script.
So yes, I'd rather rely on them than on my foreign ear. As I said somewhere else, the Iryo Suiton from that medical girl sounds like Iryo Suito to me, so I'm not 100% trustable in that regard. • Seelentau 愛 議 20:19, April 9, 2015 (UTC)
I went ahead and moved the articles. The only problem I stumbled upon is 迷彩 meisai. The same word is used in Mu's Dustless Bewildering Cover, however, the Kanji are different (迷塞). I'm wondering if that's a mistake on the databook author's side. • Seelentau 愛 議 22:42, April 9, 2015 (UTC)
- It's like Elbow, but there's no real translation for シーサー. It's a loanword from the Okinawan language, which in turn based it on the sanskrit word siṃha, which simply means lion. • Seelentau 愛 議 18:49, April 10, 2015 (UTC)
- Hmm, do we have a similar case? We could either transcribe the Katakana (Shīsā), translate the Kanji (Stopping Authority Sand) or translate the original meaning (Lion). We could keep using the common English name (Shisa). • Seelentau 愛 議 19:01, April 10, 2015 (UTC)
- The examples you gave are mostly due to the different romanization system they use. As I said, if someone can provide a better quality screenshot of that page, feel free to do so. I can ask on NF later, as well. • Seelentau 愛 議 05:24, April 13, 2015 (UTC)