We do hope that you will stay for a long time. Enjoy your stay as we work to become the best Naruto info site out there. BELIEVE IT!
If you're looking for something to do why not look over the Forums or more specifically Narutopedia Collaboration for a list of projects we're working on. And the Community portal has a lot of recent discussions and places to go listed on it.
- Here are several other pages that can help you with where to begin-
- Wiki Activity – A great first stop, because you can see what pages other people have been editing, and where you can help out.
- Help Pages - If you're new to editing or having trouble getting something to work, the help pages are a great place to start.
- Forums - The forums are used for a number of things, from proposing policy changes to general wiki discussions. Please use Naruto Answers for asking general questions.
- Administrators - A list of Narutopedia's administrators. If you need additional assistance or are having troubles, feel free to contact an administrator with the details.
- Special:Upload - A page that provides you a form for uploading images easily.
Always sign in before you edit – This is so that we can recognize you!
Always sign your posts - When leaving a message on someone's talk page, remember to sign it by clicking either the 'signature' button or by typing four tildes (
~~~~). This is so the person knows who to reply to.
There's a lot to do around here, so we hope you'll stay with us and make many more contributions. And again, welcome to Narutopedia. Please leave a message on my talk page if I can help with anything! -- TheUltimate3 (talk) 04:05, November 30, 2013 (UTC)
Re: Issue at List of Clone techniques page
That's why we have the big warning in the main page. I'm not intimate with the technical details, but I'll try to explain it the best I can. You see, we use this extension called SemanticMediaWiki, which we use to categorize many things, such as tools, characters, and jutsu. With that, we can set up pages like the one you linked me, to filter through the data. Months ago, after one significant update to the underlying engine that runs the wiki, some incompatibilities came up between the new version, and the SMW extension, actually Wikia's implementation of it. Because SMW is a very resource intensive extension, Wikia modifies it to lessen the strain it adds to its servers. The situation came to a point that Wikia no longer allows new wikis to use this extension, but still allows wikis that already used it to keep on using it. The do intend to introduce similar functionality through a different mean, but that's a long term goal. When those compatibility issues began, those pages became sort of frozen in time. The page formerly know as Zetsu's Clone Technique was renamed to Parasite Clone a long time ago, but due to the data being "frozen", the data-filtering page doesn't recognize the new page, so it doesn't show up, and because the redirect was deleted, "Zetsu's Clone Technique" appears as a red link. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 05:00, November 30, 2013 (UTC)
- That issue is over year old now, and like I said, it's not an issue that will be resolved soon. There's no point in using a redirect when all the instances where the article is linked to uses the actual name, and the title of the page is shorter and easier to remember than the redirect. In an unrelated note, you don't have to make a new topic for every reply in a talk page, just add your response to the previous section. One topic per subject. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 14:59, November 30, 2013 (UTC)
A few days ago, someone vandalized Deidara's page, changing its name to that. The move was reverted quickly. I'm surprised that an article actually caught the change, they usually take some time to reflect a name change in infoboxes. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 14:31, December 1, 2013 (UTC)