Re: My edit on Naruto Uzumaki relationship
It came across as incredibly wordy. I could care less about NaruSaku or whatever it is called today, but I do take issue to things that are wordy just to make them sound larger than they were. A good point of reference is when a single chapter at most has only 1 thing happen, but people stretch them to fit at least half a paragraph. I don't like that.--TheUltimate3 (talk) 13:46, May 24, 2013 (UTC)
Okay I changed the wording of the edit. But it IS a major thing that Naruto sees her as an equal so please let it stay.
- The look IS important. Just not the way you are making it. You are also writing in a way that shows that you are infact a fan of NaruSaku when the article is supposed to be completely neutral.
- And in case this get's brought up I do want to note I do plan to go at that article with a nuke.--TheUltimate3 (talk) 14:04, May 24, 2013 (UTC)
- You're right. I don't like how that section looks either. As I said, I plan to nuke it when time permits. In fact my only contribution to that section in the last two or three months or so was the very last sentence and even then I stated it probably doesn't need to be there.--TheUltimate3 (talk) 15:05, May 24, 2013 (UTC)
- We document everything that happens and we do. We do not however go into extreme and unnecessary detail unless we absolutely have to. The same knowledge of Naruto conveying he acknowledges Sakura's strength can be said with "Sakura pointing out she is their equal and Naruto agreeing" as opposed to "Sakura pointing out she is their equal and Naruto looking into her eyes and seeing her determination." One is long for almost no reason, the other is short and straight to the point.
- That is the issue I have with your passage.--TheUltimate3 (talk) 16:57, May 24, 2013 (UTC)
Let me this down for you.
::And now you've locked the page? Lovely?
- That was not me. But usually when a page is locked after an edit war, it goes back to the state before the war started. I at least wanted to have the general idea of your passage in the article because it's not wrong. The problem is how it is written.
And I do NOT believe you when you say that is the problem. First you said it 'wasn't neutral' and then you said it was 'unnecessary' and now you are saying 'it is too long'? You keep pulling out excuses. And you and ONLY you have a problem with my edit because you feel it supports a pairing you hate when it does no such thing. The flowery Hinata article has experienced no changes.
- That's because the issues with it, have actually jumped. The first time I edited your passage went into a bunch of unnecessary detail, giving a quote and unneeded prose "They then stand with Sasuke as Team 7 reborn".
- Then after that your second attempt at the passage was just as long with the unnecessary information (her gathering strength is completely irrelevant to the article. To that one, I attempted to compromise, cutting out the unneeded info and keeping the general idea.
- Then after that you added what was essentially the same passage but adding the word "finally", which then clicked in my brain as this entire thing leading to Naruto saying "Hey you can fight now!" which in my brain screamed shipping time which activated my defense systems for this article.
- I don't care about pairings. Not on my page. And before you say anything, look at the creator of this article. This is my baby on this article and I have a vested interest in it remaining to my standards. One of the conditions I had to meet to avoid this page getting deleted by the other admins was to make sure it didn't become a breeding ground for shipping, something it sadly has become. Which is why I plan to nuke it.
- So yes, Hinata's section is unnecessarily flowery. So his Tobi's. And I want to say Sasuke's but considering he's the second main character and the leading motivation behind most of Naruto's crap that just may have to be a thing. Will still gut it though.
I do not trust your motives.
You say you want to nuke the page and yet you haven't been active on it in three months. Why destroy a page you rarely deal with? Also what is weird is that you only started editing when I made my edit, as if you were waiting for someone to make that edit and jumped at the chance to change it. And again the NaruHina article has been sitting there all this time and you want to 'change it later'. It's later and no change has been made. I also want to point out that my earlier edit "They stand together with Sasuke" is similar to "Naruto took Hinata's hand and he admiringly thanked her for staying by his side as he fought alongside with her against the Ten-Tails" yet one 'is biased towards NaruSaku' and the other is neutral.
- Motive: Keep article neutral. Gut the offending passages when time permits.
- Not active in three months: College yo. Getting my degree takes priority. Got my degree. Back to work.
- Like I said, I plan to gut everything. I just need the time, and yesterday during the hours of 7am-5-pm US EST is when I'm walking around an office building pulling, running, setting up wire and building computers. I unfortnently have a life outside of the internet but when I say I'm going to get to something, I have every intention of doing so.
- I will refrain from quoting any more, at this point I will just be repeating myself. Nevertheless I have stated my reasons and intentions. If you don't agree with then by all means take them up here and call me out on whatever you desire. If it will appease you somewhat I will start my operation on the page now, starting with Hinata's section to remove the blatant shipping that has escaped me over the past few months.--TheUltimate3 (talk) 10:38, May 25, 2013 (UTC)