--Kagimizu 14:49, 13 March 2009 (UTC)Kagimizu Alright, I'm just gonna get this out in the open and say that I just signed up yesterday, which for me would be March 12, 2009. Still, I typed my page in yesterday, and today I found it deleted. What's more, when I tried to make a new one, it was deleted before I had evenfinished typing. I've been reading this wiki for a while, and may be new here, but that shouldn't give anyone the right to delete my page. If it's about what I put on Talk:Naruto Uzumaki then fine, but delete that instead. Anyway, how do I keep it from being edited without my permission?
Thanks for that. I still have to figure some things on this wiki and it's protocals. Also, I have a question: I looked at past deletions, and noticed that a lot of them were by you. Is that your job (official or otherwise)? I also have to admit that-and don't take this the wrong way-before I read that policy bit, I thought you might have been a bit of a mysanthrope. Sorry.--Kagimizu 18:13, 13 March 2009 (UTC)
- Jacce, TheUltimate3, and me are the admins for the wiki, so it's our collective job to handle policies. I'd strongly suggest you avoid putting any personal information on your userpage, it's a bad idea to go putting up personal info on the internet. ~NOTASTAFF Daniel Friesen (DanTMan, Nadir Seen Fire) (talk) Mar 14, 2009 @ 10:02 (UTC)
- Yeah I guess that's true. Just thought that this wiki prevented anything bad from being put on it. On a side note, how does someone become an admin? Also, do you know Jacce and TheUltimate3 personally? These questions are purely out of curiousity (don't want anything to be taken the wrong way).--Kagimizu 16:50, 14 March 2009 (UTC)
- That's something I wouldn't bother thinking about. I founded the wiki, and whenever I see someone who understands the wiki's policies quite well and the wiki is in need of another admin I hand out a sysop flag. None of the people that became admin ever really asked for it. ~NOTASTAFF Daniel Friesen (DanTMan, Nadir Seen Fire) (talk) Mar 15, 2009 @ 13:01 (UTC)
Are There Rankings?
I've read some stuff about users getting ranks like Special Jonin and Jonin. Is that stuff just nonsense, or is there something to it? And if so, what does it have to do with the Narutopedia?--Kagimizu 16:55, 15 March 2009 (UTC)
- Stop starting with a space. Once we had ranks from Academy student to Jonin, but that has been removed since to many started to use the ranks as a competition. Jacce 17:00, 15 March 2009 (UTC)
- I guess typing is different from writing. Still, that answers only 2/3 of my question. So, what did these ranks have to do with Narutopedia? Did a higher rank give them more privelages, or was it just a title?--Kagimizu 17:16, 15 March 2009 (UTC)
- Sorry. I don't remember mutch of the privelages that the Narutopedia ranks had: Acedemy Students was IP numbers with some extra privelages, Special Jonins was rollback users, Jonins was admins/syops and the Kage was the bureaucrat. Jacce 19:18, 15 March 2009 (UTC)
- The "ranks" were just some fun aliases I added aliasing MediaWiki permission flags to ninja ranks. Anon users were "Academy Students", normal users were "Genin", rollback were "Tokubetsu Jonin", sysops were "Jonin", and the bureaucrat flag was aliased to "Kage".
- The original Narutopedia community was a little fanatic (but not troublesome like current fanatic users) so one of the things I did to make the wiki comfortable was shove a few ninja ranks into the internationalized system messages. I removed these because lately people have been gaming the system and trying to ask for a "higher rank" or whatever. It was just causing trouble because the "ranks" were nothing but fun aliases to permission flags, the flags have absolutely nothing to do with social status, and people were trying to turn contribution to the wiki into a big game. ~NOTASTAFF Daniel Friesen (DanTMan, Nadir Seen Fire) (talk) Mar 15, 2009 @ 22:56 (UTC)
- That's a good reason, because the goal of this wiki is to make it the best Naruto wiki we all can, not some ranking game. If people are gonna use it like that, then they don't respect this wiki. So, I say good riddance, I mean, you can't care about somethin' like that if you don't know or experience it, right? Thank for clearing that up!--Kagimizu 02:23, 16 March 2009 (UTC)
Okay, I've recently done some editing on Sakura, which was the newest trivia note about her intrest in Naruto. Soooo, I've noticed that it's still around. I'm really greatful and all, but why are you guys letting it stay? But it's like I said, and I don't have a problem with it (really, I don't), I'm just asking out of curiousity.--Kagimizu 15:04, 16 March 2009 (UTC)
- It's well written from a neutral standpoint, so it's one of those fuzzy edge cases where I can't just say something outright should be removed though don't quite feel like supporting keeping it. Those cases I just let it sit and wait to see if any other users think it doesn't fit and remove it on their own. ~NOTASTAFF Daniel Friesen (DanTMan, Nadir Seen Fire) (talk) Mar 16, 2009 @ 16:28 (UTC)
- So what you're saying is that, while showing some evidence of NaruSaku, I was able to write it from a nuetral view and that it should not be taken as real evidence, just as a speculative teaser or something? If that's the case, then thank you.--Kagimizu 18:06, 16 March 2009 (UTC)
Pronunciation and Spelling
I'm having trouble with the word Jinchuriki. I don't know how to say the word properly, and it doesn't exactly roll off the tongue for me, so how do I say it correctly? Also, how do you put a line (-) over letters for words like Jinchuriki and Kirabi? That's all.--Kagimizu 01:17, 17 March 2009 (UTC)
- The lines over top of the letters are called macrons, there are separate characters that actually have macrons on them. Take a look at the area below the editing area. The characters are there and setup so that if you click them they get inserted into the text area. You can also always just copy the Jinchūriki from other pages. ~NOTASTAFF Daniel Friesen (DanTMan, Nadir Seen Fire) (talk) Mar 17, 2009 @ 01:39 (UTC)
- Yeah, but how do I pronounce the word, could someon show me? Here's an example: Naruto (Nah-Roo-Toe). Like that.--Kagimizu 01:53, 17 March 2009 (UTC)
- Well, her's how I pronounce it, tell me if it's right or not: (Jin-chyur-iki), is that right?--Kagimizu 00:53, 22 March 2009 (UTC)
SHIPPUDEN= APRIL 4TH!?!?!?!?!?
YYYEEEEEEEEESSS!!!!! I know that typing whole sentences (or in this case, a single word) can be considered rude, but is Shippūden really gonna be in the U.S. April 4th!? If so; who put it up, where did they read it, and are they even telling the truth!? I mean, if so, then.... that leaves me with a whole lotta questions: don't they have to finish the filler arcs, and how will they do that in less than 2 weeks? Also, when are those episodes going to be on, 'cause I don't want to miss those episodes-especially the series finale-and I'm not about to wait until CartoonNetwork.com gets them, when they haven't even gone halfway through the Sasuke Retrieval arc. And if they are lying, then that is cruel and unusual to everyone who's waiting for that time to come. So spill the beans and give the dirt already!!--Kagimizu 18:48, 17 March 2009 (UTC)
Okay, I have a question. You see, I have a character idea for Naruto, which I have worked on-and-off for a few years (mostly on lately). So, I've finally resolved to try and send it in. So, here's my question: How can I send it in? I know the odds are not in my favor, being 1 in a 1,000 of it actually making it to Japan, 1 in a 10,000 that it would make it to Naruto HQ, 1 in 100,000 to make it to the creator of Naruto, and 1 in a 1,000,000 to actually be made a real character, let alone a major or even recurring character. Still, I know that it's not likely, but c'mon and help a guy with a dream. You can at least humor me. Hey, if it works, maybe I could say who helped me. I know this isn't related to the wiki, but I thought that this would be the best place to ask. I mean, they don't exactly give their mailing address on their website, do they?--Kagimizu 18:26, 23 March 2009 (UTC)
When exactly was i rude???? And Thanx...Its Appreciated AlienGamer
- Well, you said, quote "Considering u hav gone wwwaaaayyy off subject, yes...", unquote. I considered that a rather rude remark. You could at least have said it in a different way, maybe.--Kagimizu-Seeya 'round~ 02:14, 4 April 2009 (UTC)
- Dude....That was just askin for a sarcy comeback.....U enter a topic about age...talk about the weather, and make a comment on how things generally go off subject....Now tell me How, cud a naturally sarcastic guy, resist that.....If Anything, I restrained Myself....It was just too much.....Didn't think u'd be sensitive though......but seriously.....it was waaayy too much...U Cud Hav Created a new section called "weather" and then made those comments....but u did so under the age colloum.....I apologize if I, well, hurt u or anythin....it was unintended....AlienGamer
- Hey, I applaud anyone who states their opinion, I just prefer that people be a little less sharp with the comments, and (I know my earlier comments will contradict this) I personally believe that we should coduct ourselves in a civilized (no insult there), yet casual manner. That's all.--Kagimizu-Seeya 'round~ 02:34, 4 April 2009 (UTC)
- I Agree....I nev knew that, that comment will hav this much an effect...if i did, i wouldn't hav done it...i apologize....AlienGamer
- .........I...have the strangest feeling that you are being veeeerrryyy sarcastic. If you are, I have some words for you that I cannot type on this wiki. If not, then don't act like that, you're overreacting. Jeez.--Kagimizu-Seeya 'round~ 02:52, 4 April 2009 (UTC)
Actually I WASN'T Bein Sarcastic :P....AlienGamer
- Hmmmm, alright then, I guess I'll just have to take your word for it.--Kagimizu-Seeya 'round~ 20:03, 4 April 2009 (UTC)
- I just saw the overreactin bit....I hav to say...thats a bit rich cumin frm the guy who started a talk page because of a reamrk another user made....AlienGamer
- Uhhh, which Talk Page would that be?--Kagimizu-Seeya 'round~ 00:14, 5 April 2009 (UTC)
- That wud be this....not a talk page....a discussion.....now...how often do u c that??....AlienGamer
- Well, I was very new here when I started this User Talk, so you can at least take note of that little fact, thank you very much.--Kagimizu-Seeya 'round~ 23:14, 13 April 2009 (UTC)
I've seen some users who use an infobox on their pages. So, how do I do that?--Kagimizu-Seeya 'round~ 15:43, 25 April 2009 (UTC)
WARNING!! WARNING!! SHIPPING RELEVENT SECTION AHEAD!!!!
WARNING!! WARNING!! VOLATILE ISSUE AHEAD!! If you do not wish to read about shipping articles, and disapprove of the subject, turn back now. If you approve of the subject, and wish to read more about shipping articles, continue reading.
Alright, I know no one likes bringing up this issue, but I'm just gonna vent some guideline ideas for shipping articles.
- 1. The characters must have met face-to-face.
- 2. There must be some conclusive hint(s) of romantic attraction from at least one character in the pairing
- 3. While anime only evidence is allowable, it is not canon and should not be used as conclusive evidence.
If anyone cares to comment on this please do (However, remember that these are merely ideas, and that I, as long as they are disapproved of, have no intention of starting or taking part in shipping articles). I would prefer that, while speaking your mind is good, all comments be written in a casual, yet civilized manner, meaning no insults or overly blunt statements. Thank You.--Kagimizu-Seeya 'round~ 01:19, 26 May 2009 (UTC)
Re: Start a New Thread
Probably just Wikia and another idea for making monaco easier for new users. It looks like they just created a copy of the "Leave message" button that creates a new button and put it at the bottom of the page where it does make a good bit of sense. ~NOTASTAFF Daniel Friesen (DanTMan, Nadir Seen Fire) (talk) Jun 5, 2009 @ 03:36 (UTC)
Fairly late since I just found out about User blog:Kagimizu/Moving Narutopedia, but I might as well point it out to you... We don't have blogs here, we explicitly had the extension disabled, that page you created is actually an article in the mainpage, it's not even in a blog namespace, we don't have one. ~NOTASTAFF Daniel Friesen (DanTMan, Nadir Seen Fire) (talk) Nov 27, 2010 @ 02:50 (UTC) 02:50, November 27, 2010 (UTC)
Re: An offer, from someone who wants to help his home wiki
Kagimizu, the Narutopedia is within Wikia's 10 highest traffic wiki, and to top it off we make active use of Semantic MediaWiki. The Dragon Ball Wiki made an external wiki recently, dragonball.wikia has much less traffic than naruto.wikia, even less so on the external wiki, and they have less semantic data. Despite that they are already having severe performance issues. The survey on this wiki also wasn't very favorable so far. ~NOTASTAFF Daniel Friesen (DanTMan, Nadir Seen Fire) (talk) Dec 18, 2010 @ 07:58 (UTC) 07:58, December 18, 2010 (UTC)
- That's not what I meant by popularity. I mean that this wiki has more traffic than any of the wiki that have already been moved there, which leads to a level of load on the servers higher what you know can be handled. And don't underestimate SMW, it is a very heavy extension. Wikia has an entire server dedicated to SMW and they still have issues with SMW. iirc, didn't you already bring this up with the community when we were actually discussing this? ~NOTASTAFF Daniel Friesen (DanTMan, Nadir Seen Fire) (talk) Dec 18, 2010 @ 08:24 (UTC) 08:24, December 18, 2010 (UTC)
Re: Elemental Composition
I don't really edit much out of this wiki at the moment (I used to edit a lot in the Avatar wiki, but that changed into something that isn't the reason I joined anymore), so I don't really know you. At best, I might remember your username from some of your edits here. I can take a look at the element pages of your wiki, though I'll need a bit of time to get to know their bases and how they work before I can give some proper, informed input. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 01:57, July 19, 2011 (UTC)
- So, I took a glance at the elements. In some of them, I see that the name of the thing is simply a combination of names, for example, IceFire, Holy Fire, Hell Fire. I don't quite get what Stratos is. From what I could gather elsewhere, this is a type of cloud, but not something that has much relation with ice or lightning. I have no idea what you mean by Permafrost (Earth/Ice), Wraith (Ice/Darkness), Neuro (Poison/Electricity). Fog and Mist are pretty much the same thing, so I don't see much point in splitting them up. Spore and Pollen are also very similar, though not as much as Fog and Mist. Venom and poison are almost the same thing as well: while any substance that harms is poison, only those naturally produced by organisms (not sure if plant and animal or just animals) are considered venoms, is that what the purpose of the distinction is? Instead of Corruption of Darkness/Nature, I would suggest Wasteland. I see that there are also elements which aren't really combinations of basic elements, much straight up variations of a basic one. Some of those, for example Blood, look like would fit better as a combination: instead of Water/Darkness being Darkwave, Blood would fit much more. As far as combination of effects, what you guys do looks very simple, an "add and mix" kind of thing. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 18:58, July 24, 2011 (UTC)