We do hope that you will stay for a long time. Enjoy your stay as we work to become the best Naruto info site out there. BELIEVE IT!
If you're looking for something to do why not look over the Forums or more specifically Narutopedia Collaboration for a list of projects we're working on. And the Community portal has a lot of recent discussions and places to go listed on it.
Re: Madara/Tobi Issue
A few points.
- The Third Databook had these lines
- From Madara's artice: "Madara disappeared from history and, donning a mask, started moving as Tobi." (歴史から姿を消したマダラは、仮面を被り、トビとして動き出す。, Rekishi kara sugata o keshita Madara wa, kamen o kaburi, Tobi toshite ugokidasu.)
- From Tobi's article: "Uchiha Madara — That is Tobi's real name." (うちはマダラ——それがトビの本当の名前だ。, Uchiha Madara—— Sore ga Tobi no hontō no namae da.)'
So no. We were not lying to the community for years. It was the community not wanting their hopes and dreams crushed for years dragging on and on.
- This comes from the Naruto Bible if you will. We are an encyclopedia or uses the facts that are given to us. The databook stated as fact that Madara put on a mask and started moving as Tobi.
- We do not use speculation. We give the facts as they are given. The internet is a massive hive of scum and villainy. If you want to go someplace and dance around amazing theories that no one has ever thought of in the history of ever and ever then go right ahead and find one of those forums that also have those amazing theories that no one has ever thought of in the history of ever and ever. This wiki will continue to logically compile the information we are given. We do not have time to deal with every random theory that the internet comes up with.
- Fun fact. The reason we consider the Databooks the Naruto Bible is because they are written by Kishimoto. What he writes is law, for good or ill. You are welcome to believe whatever you wish, but we move based on what we are given. In story, he called himself Madara. In the databook he is called Madara. I do not claim to know Japanese, but our resident translator has confirmed that the databook said as such.
- You're welcome to not like our decisions. You're welcome to do the dance of speculation yourself. We will move when we have confirmation, not when we come up with a theory that we believe can work.--TheUltimate3 ~Keeper of Lore~ 12:34, October 16, 2011 (UTC)
- Kishimoto is the author. You and I are just people who like his story. His words carry the weight. If he is lying to us, then he lied to us and good for him. We will still write the encyclopedia as if his words were the truth until absolutely proven otherwise. That is how things work. That's how things have worked in the past. And I think we've been doing pretty good so far.
- That said,I no longer wish this to continue. It no longer interests me. Like I said before. Believe what you will. The wiki will continue to move based off the information we have, not what we come up with. You're welcome to make my Talk Page your bitch but I can assure you nothing you want will come from it and chances are extremely high I probably won't read it.--TheUltimate3 ~Keeper of Lore~ 13:46, October 16, 2011 (UTC)
- 1) I admit nothing. We do not work with speculation. Read last chapter and you will see that nothing is speculation.
- 2) "Hey babe" is enough for me to ban you for quite a bit. Yes, I take great offense to that.
- 3) "It takes a big person to admit they were absolutely, 100% wrong." is also antagonistic enough for a ban.
- 4) I would suggest you not respond to this and leave things as they are. If you do want to say something, I suggest you read this page very carefully. Have a lovely day.--TheUltimate3 ~Keeper of Lore~ 02:08, October 21, 2011 (UTC)