- When selecting "leave message" in someone's talk page, the field now shows only the message field, the field where we'd type the section title is now gone. When the page is loading, I can catch a blink-and-you'll-miss glimpse of it, and then it's gone.
- In pages with the "&" in its title, it is rendered as "& amp;" (without the space). It's still the same because if I select to move the page, the old title shows up correctly.
- Whenever I visit any page on the wiki, the page never seems to stop loading. I use Opera a lot, and it shows in the address bar certain things about page loading. Whenever I open a wiki page, it always shows one element which won't load, and sometimes non-loading documents. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 03:29, January 19, 2011 (UTC)
- - I'm seeing enter subject/headline BELOW the message body box (which I don't think is right). Can you confirm you're not seeing it at all or just weren't expecting to see it there?
- - Encoding ampersand issue confirmed, now to go hunt down if this is also affecting 1.15 wikis.
- - Would you mind writing in to Special:Contact with what your browser is saying is not loading or a list of the documents that are not loading? I think this is Opera-specific so this way, when you submit the form we are able to tell exactly what browser this is and would have a handy-dandy list of what's not loading so we can make a bug ticket.
- Thanks for this. This truly is very helpful! --DaNASCAT (talk) 15:23, January 19, 2011 (UTC)
- Heh, it is below the message. I think I'm just so used to simply hitting tab to go to the summary and then enter to save the edit that I didn't notice. It does feel weird to have that below though.
- I think this is a 1.16 only, because before this wiki was updated, this ampersand issue never happened, to my knowledge. Something similar which I believe someone else reported already is that when searching in the central wiki for pages, and when those pages result into a title in this wiki which contains special characters, such as "ū" and "ō" (for example, Naruto Shippūden: Clash of Ninja Revolution 3 takes you to a link Naruto ShippÅ«den: Clash of Ninja Revolution 3), clicking in those links to here will take users to an article where the special characters have been replaced for some code, similar to the ampersand, but this time it's as if the article was named with the actual code. The page in question is like creating an article out a red link.
- Ok. I can use the special contact, but I think listing the non-loading documents might be out of my technical grasp. It's not really something it says, it's just something I can notice because of what the address. If you try loading a page with the latest stable build you'll see it as well. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 19:00, January 19, 2011 (UTC)
Issues with pages on narupedia
Why is it that all of the complete list of jutsu by type are still down. I really enjoyed looking through all of them. Cant say I checked everyone of them but I did check Genjutsu, Barrier Ninjutsu, Chakra Absorption Techniques, Juinjutsu, Fūinjutsu, and Space–Time Ninjutsu. All of these have their main pages, where it goes into detail about the general attributes of the specific jutsu, and they work perfectly fine but the lists listing each specific jutsu that belongs to the family has been down for weeks. I did see a comment someone else left about this issue and you had said to let you know what pages and give you the links, so I thought i'd write you. Thanks.
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Special:BrowseData/Jutsu?Jutsu_classification=Jik%C5%ABkan_Ninjutsu —This unsigned comment was made by 188.8.131.52 (talk • contribs) .
- They are still working to solve the browse data problem. What he said to link was a page where #set wasn't working.
List of ninja by their afflictions also don't work, so I just thought you might want the list after I saw your reply in help forum.. They are only those I attempted to check
Links by affliation I have checked and ended up in errors: http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Special:BrowseData/Characters?Loyalty=Kirigakure http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Special:BrowseData/Characters?Loyalty=Sunagakure http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Special:BrowseData/Characters?Loyalty=Iwagakure http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Special:BrowseData/Characters?Loyalty=Kumogakure
Genjutsu/jutsu with chakra flow/kenjutsu list links that don't work: http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Special:BrowseData/Jutsu?Jutsu_classification=Genjutsu http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Special:BrowseData/Jutsu?Jutsu_classification=Chakra_Flow http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Special:BrowseData/Jutsu?Jutsu_classification=Kenjutsu
Samurai list also doesn't work: http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Special:BrowseData/Characters?Classification=Samurai
List of Tools, ditto: http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Special:BrowseData/Tools --184.108.40.206 (talk) 13:27, September 9, 2012 (UTC)
- In the monobook skin, Semantic parser functions aren't working on all the pages again today. Same "locked for maintenance" thing. — SimAnt 00:33, September 12, 2012 (UTC)
BrowseData broken data
Hey, I don't know whether you'll see this, but we've got a problem with the database yet again.
A vandal decided to add a redirect to a page several weeks ago, which was reverted. However, the vandal's edit has now duplicated the article in question (Madara Uchiha) everywhere in the wiki and the vandal's "redirect" appears in all the same places as the actual article.
The sysops have tried to use SMWAdmin to rebuild the data to no effect: I have been able to fix some of the vandal links that were appearing in files (through our template), but I can't fix any of the mainspace pages. I've tried to make pointless edits, along with a null edit, to force the page to be updated, but it does nothing to fix the issue within the mainspace of the wiki.