|This page is an archive. Please do not edit this archive, instead try editing the page this archive originated from.|
From what I can see, there are now two archives which have pretty much the same content, four and five. I'll try making sure that four is properly set up, and then delete five. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 19:04, July 17, 2011 (UTC)
- When you used the archive tool, you selected everything in your talk page. Was that you, or was it a bug? Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 19:06, July 17, 2011 (UTC)
Dance of the Seedling Fern
Some jackass keeps editing it and has now deleted everything but the trivia and left something in spanish which I think they're insulting people ith, also the infobox is filled with spanish crap about a guy named Tom or something, I can't read it. Anyway, figured I'd bring it to your attention and ask if the article can be locked? --Hawkeye2701 (talk) 00:53, July 18, 2011 (UTC)
hey did you ever try naruto fanon before--✖☯Arctic-Fox☯✖ 12:28, July 18, 2011 (UTC)
really i read them to what's your fav and you should try naruto fanon it's good--✖☯Arctic-Fox☯✖ 13:36, July 18, 2011 (UTC)
i think i read that one you should read mine people say their pretty good.--✖☯Arctic-Fox☯✖ 13:46, July 18, 2011 (UTC)
The image looks good. Almost too good actually. Is that really from the episode? I've seen plenty of fanart which looks even better than the anime, and this colouring reminds me of it. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 20:26, July 20, 2011 (UTC)
Second Mizukage - References
I think we're both aware that it is pointless and impractical to continue our discussion in such a manner, so I'll instead carry it on here. Firstly, why I find citing over dependency or reliance as a sufficient reason to delete already present and accurate references ridiculous, is simply due to the fact that having to trawl through countless chapters shouldn't impact at all upon the respect a user receives for their edit, a correct edit still remains correct regardless of the method used to achieve it. Whether this involves the use of references to make this process easier, information still remains valid if it appears in an official source, it is on this accuracy alone that the worth of most edits is judged not on the effort put into gaining it.
However, if I am mistaken and you are instead under the impression that references make users lazy because they can find information more easily and thus, are less likely to add it, then I would really have to refute this. Anyway, before I continue on with this point at great length and end up making claims which you never meant to imply, which I believe would be really unfair to you as you're typically rather civil, could you please explain more clearly why you find references so deplorable. Blackstar1 (talk) 21:21, July 20, 2011 (UTC)
- Thanks for the clarification but I never disputed the fact that the previous system worked, I just believe that the addition of references could be an improvement to it, making it not only easier for the majority of users to locate when events were occurring but also for editors like you and myself, when it came to corrections and confirmations. Just because such a system isn't employed throughout the entirety of the wiki, doesn't mean that its implementation elsewhere isn't worthwhile, especially in circumstances such as these where a character's appearances are so fragmented and sporadic (with a gap of over 20 chapters in one place, while still within a single arc). I think what I found hardest to believe though, was that you favoured the deletion of already existing references in spite of being aware that this would make it more difficult for others in the long run, when in this case you knew that the article was unlikely to become overcrowded with references because as you put it "he appears in one arc and will probably never be seen outside of it", something I whole heartedly agree with. I guess that we really need to come up with a more defined an acceptable policy for the use of references, as I can't promise that I won't add them in a similar manner in the future, due to my experience in how much time they can save when it comes to edits, which can then be employed better elsewhere.
- Also, I never add references per paragraph, I've always added just one per chapter as long as that character makes a significant appearance within it. Even I know that it can sometimes become overkill, if they're added at every instance. Blackstar1 (talk) 22:39, July 20, 2011 (UTC)
Konohamaru's english girl on girl jutsu
Coil of Fire
Kisame knowledge about Naruto
What I have written in the Kisame's page was right: according to this page http://view.thespectrum.net/series/naruto-chapter-545.html the Madara's plan to use ifiltrated Zetsu to sow death and distrust among the ranks of the alliance was bound to bring out in the open battlefield Naruto anticipating the move of Shukaku (even if in the end wasn't necessary because Naruto had already taken such a decision even before the order). Madara already knew the skill of the kyuubi's jinchuuruki to feel the malice, but had the confirmation that Naruto had reached this ability only with the info from Kisame. --JK88 (talk) 15:44, July 27, 2011 (UTC)
- RE: Ok, sorry for the misunderstanding and thanks for your attention :)--JK88 (talk) 10:17, July 28, 2011 (UTC)
Re: Orochimaru's epithet
Killer B and control
The other jinchuriki, although resurrected, don't have their tailed beasts anymore, therefore they can't have any kind of control over them. I am not assuming and I said B is the only living jinchuriki that does as we know Naruto doesn't. The Fox King(email@example.com (talk) 01:59, July 29, 2011 (UTC))
No, thats not what meant. Looking at the facts, Gaara, the first revived jinchuriki, could not use Shukaku's arms anymore after having him removed and it makes sense that if he could, he probably would have against Sasuke for a stronger weapon. The only thing he has shown is his sand control abilities. He hasn't been shown using Shukaku or any of the jutsu with his traits since he was removed, therefore it stands to reason that he can't. The other jinchuriki probably can't either. The Fox King(firstname.lastname@example.org (talk) 03:04, July 29, 2011 (UTC))
Re: Wall Post
"Uhm so because something is taken from you by death means you never had it? Danzō stated that he was one of the few people to have done so. Furthermore you don't know anything about the previous jinchūriki like Mito and Kushina and so forth. In any case I've reworded it, hopefully you're satisfied with the end result."" --- Why did you post it on my talk page?! akz! (talk) 02:26, July 29, 2011 (UTC)
okk ;) :P
Re: Aburame enquiry
Shino answers his own questions? I never noticed that… He uses 'because' (なぜなら, nazenara) a lot, though, which could be read as 'if you wonder why, it's because…'. It's still not really answering his own questions. He's just being pedantic about explaining himself. Scanning through his manga scenes, I cannot find any place where he answers his own questions.
- You want examples? I'll give you examples ^^
- From chapter 126, page 5:
- Kankurō: "You created a clone using your insects and then went around to attack me from behind, didn'cha!" (「蟲で分身作ってオレの後ろに回り込むとはやるじゃんよ!」, "Mushi de ore no ushiro ni mawarikomu to wa yaru jan yo!")
- Shino: "You use puppets, so you're a mid- to long-range type. It looks like you're weak at close combat. Why you ask? Because you must concentrate on operating your puppet. So it seems that the Puppet Technique… can easily create a chink in the user's own defence…" (「お前は人形を使う中・遠距離タイプだ。接近戦は苦手と見た。なぜなら人形の操作に集中しなければならない。その傀儡の術とやらは…術者自体に隙が生じやすいからな…」, "Omae wa ningyō o tsukau chū-enkyori taipu da. Sekkinsen wa nigate to mita. Nazenara ningyō no sōsa ni shūchū shinakereba naranai. Sono Kugutsu no Jutsu to yara wa… jutsusha kitai ni suki ga shōji yasui kara na…")
- From chapter 238, pages 6 and 7:
- Shino: "How was your mission…? I will be listening." (「お前達の任務がどんなものだったか…聞いておこう。」, "Omae-tachi no ninmu ga donna mono datta ka… Kiite okō.")
- Kiba: "…It was totally excellent! …Dunno if I should be telling ya 'bout it, though." (「…そりゃ凄かったぜ!…つっても口で言っても分かんねーよな。」, "…Sorya sugokatta ze! …Tsuttemo kuchi de itte mo wakarannē yo na.")
- Shino: "You should… I will be listening to it all. Why you ask? Because that is what is called 'teamwork'." (「いや…ちゃんと聞いておこう。なぜならそれがチームワークというものだからだ。」, "Iya… Chanto kiite okō. Nazenara sore ga chīmuwāku to iu mono dakara da.")
- From chapter 394, page 16:
- Kiba: "Wow! Ain't you being all unusually motivated, Shino!" (「へッっ!シノ珍しくやる気じゃねーの!」, "Hehh! Shino mezurashiku yaruki janē no!")
- Shino: "Naturally. Why you ask? Because I was left out of the previous mission." (「当たり前だ。何故なら前の任務は仲間外れだったからな。」, "Atarimae da. Nazenara mae no ninmu wa nakamahazure datta kara na.")
- From chapter 538, page 7:
- Kiba: "He's totally unmotivated, ain't he… That dude! He won't ever become a chūnin like this…" (「やる気ね～な…あいつ!一生中忍にゃなれねーな…」, "Yaruki ne~ na… Aitsu! Isshō chūnin nyanarenē na…")
- Shino: "No… He won't have to be limited like that… Why you ask? Because a human life is long. During that time, many—" (「イヤ…そうとはかぎらない…なぜなら一生は長い その間に色々…」, "Iya… Sō to wa kagiranai… Nazenara isshō wa nagai, sono aida ni iroiro…")
- Kiba: "Why're ya nitpicking dude?!" (「何だお前こまけーよ!」, "Nan da omae komakē yo!")
- From chapter 538, page 13:
- Kiba: "Seriously… That dude, how can he even say such totally idiotic lines flat-out…" (「あ～あ…頭ワリーな文句すらまともに言えてねーよアイツ…」, "A~a… Atama warīna monku sura matomoni iete nē yo aitsu…")
- Shino: "Constipation or diarrhœa… I would like him to make it clear which one it is… Why you ask? Because—" (「便秘なのか下痢なのか…どっちかハッキリしてほしいな…なぜなら…」, "Benpi nanoka geri nanoka… Dotchi ka hakkiri shite hoshii na… Nazenara…")
- Kiba: "That's why I just said ya should stop nitpickin'!" (「だからさっきからこまけーよ。」, "Dakara sakki kara komakē yo.")
- —ShounenSuki (talk | contribs | translations) 16:28, July 29, 2011 (UTC)
Actually we do know Yagura died that way because the Three- Tails was said to have been extracted from him. To extract a tailed beast from it jinchuriki will cause their death. The Fox King(email@example.com (talk) 14:09, July 29, 2011 (UTC))
First of all, Kushina's clan had great vitallity and that was the only reason she survivved the extraction process. Read about it on her article. All the other jinchuriki died after the extraction procees was done. Secondly, if you read the Three-Tails' article, it will say that it was extracted for unknown reasons. Therefore, whether Akatsuki extracted it or not, Yagura died when it was. That was hinted also by Chiyo when she said the two previous jinchuriki of the One-Tail died when they extracted it from them while she and team 7 were after Gaara.--—This unsigned comment was made by The Fox King (talk • contribs) .
Noone really, I was just showing a little confidence is all. I just recently found out that what it says on the Three Tails' article was just a guess made at the time Yagura was introduced. However, whether or not that was the case of Yagura's death, it is still not known that he died in another way. We also know all other jinchuriki beside Kushina did die from rhe process, so Yagura's death could have been either way. I will reedit Yagura's page as a possibility rather than a fact since it is not known until we do know for sure. The Fox King(firstname.lastname@example.org (talk) 17:18, July 29, 2011 (UTC))
Re: Hyūga names
'Spreading of fire' (火足, 火脚) is a possible meaning for Hiashi's name. However, I think 'daytime', 'position of the sun' (日脚, 日足) is a more likely meaning, given the other Hyūga names:
- Hyūga itself means 'place in the sun' (日向).
- Hizashi means 'sunlight' (日差し);
- and Hinata means 'place in the sun' (日向).
The others have less thematic names:
- Hanabi means 'fireworks' (花火);
- Neji means 'screw' (ネジ);
- Hoheto might come from the first seven syllables of the Iroha: I ro ha ni ho he to;
- Kō can mean anything from 'filial piety' (孝) to 'body cavity' (腔);
- and Tokuma could mean something like 'period of benevolence' (徳間).
Abilities of a ninja
Hello my friend ;)
How do you measure objectively the abilities of a ninja if you don't even take in account the official stats created by Kishimoto? This kind of information given by Kishimoto allow to view the capacity and level of characters in the Naruto universe. Itachou [~talk~] 18:55, August 6, 2011 (UTC)
- Agree for the genjutsu this was perhaps a little too pushed on the side of Itachi =). But for the sentence, if you don't like it but you agreed with the principle just re-write the sentence but don't remove it for put nothing. I put "power" since it seemed to be the best for me but if you have better it's up to you ;), anyway I think it must be notified. Itachou [~talk~] 19:16, August 6, 2011 (UTC)
Yes but you have not added it into a better sentence in the page, I think it would be good to add since Itachi devalues himself in the dialogue but the two have globally the same level (related to official stats). Itachou [~talk~] 19:27, August 6, 2011 (UTC)
- All right it works I do it right now, thanks my friend and see you soon ;)! Itachou [~talk~] 19:41, August 6, 2011 (UTC)
Re: Summoning: Food Cart Destroyer Technique
I have, and I was wrong. He did use that technique. Though the manga just says summoning technique and next thing you know, Minato is right on top of Gamabunta, so it is easy to be fooled.--—This unsigned comment was made by The Fox King (talk • contribs) .
Re: Important Body Part Disturbance
Yes, I do think 'Body Pathway Derangement' is a better translation, as it actually doesn't affect 'body parts', but the pathways that convey information from the brains to the rest of the body. —ShounenSuki (talk | contribs | translations) 00:09, August 8, 2011 (UTC)
Re:Image addition to articles
As that image was accepted in "Sasuke Uchiha" page, so I thought that image would serve the same purpose in "Naruto Uzumaki" page also. Well, you said that the image was removed for a reason. So what was that reason?! akz! (talk) 14:10, August 8, 2011 (UTC)
Re: Shisui titbit
"He was the most talented Uchiha… A man feared as Shisui of the Body Flicker. A man who, if it was for the sake of the clan, would take the initiative, not matter what kind of mission it was." (「うちは一の手だれ…瞬身のシスイと恐れられた男だ。一族の為ならどんな任務でも先立ったやる男だった」, "Uchiha no ichi no tedare… Shunshin no Shisui to osorerareta otoko da. Ichizoku no tame nara donna ninmu demo sakidatta yaru otoko datta") —ShounenSuki (talk | contribs | translations) 23:53, August 10, 2011 (UTC)
Re: Name Meanings
- Shimon Hijiri:
- Shimon → Can mean a lot of things, including: 'question' (諮問), 'city gate' (市門), and 'finger print' (指紋).
- Hijiri → 'saintly', 'virtuous'.
- Shimon's name might be an allusion to Saint Simon (聖シモン, Sei-Shimon).
- Mozuku → Cladosiphon okamuranus, a type of edible seaweed.
- Aoba Yamashiro
- Aoba → 'fresh leaves' (青葉)
- Yamashiro → 'mountain castle'
- Tobitake → 'flying [through] the bamboo'
- A taketonbo (竹とんぼ) is a small bamboo toy that flies when spun between the palms of your hands. So Tonbo's full name could also mean 'flying taketonbo'.
- Genma → The Japanese name of α Coronæ Borealis. It's also a part of the name of an X-Box game called Phantom Demon - Oni Warrior (幻魔 鬼武者, Genma Onimusha).
- Yamanaka Flowers → やまなか花 (Yamanaka Hana).
- I hear the Third Hokage say: "Kurenai Yūhi, as the best genjutsu user of this village, I have great expectation for you and I would like to request something" (「夕日紅、お前もこの里きっての幻術使いと見込んで頼みがある」, "Yūhi Kurenai, omae mo kono sato kitte no genjutsu tsukai to mikonde tanomi ga aru"). I can't hear him say she's from another village, so if there isn't anything else in that arc that indicates this, I'd say they didn't make her out to be from outside Konoha.
Re: Gold Dust article
I apologise for any offense I may have caused and the length of the below message but I thought it best that I explain myself in detail just once, rather than having to keep reiterating my reasons over and over again.
- "(fashioned into) a diverse range of forms, with the most simplistic employed"→ "(fashioned into) various shapes and forms"
- Firstly, "diverse" and "various" are entirely interchangable, so I see no problem in which is used but I also don't see why one would be considered more difficult to understand or preferable to the other. However, "shapes" and "forms" are also interchangable in this sense, so it's unnecessary to include both when just one will do, hence the use of "range of forms". The second part of the statement is necessary to make sense of the last part of this paragraph, which I'll explain later, and in response to a now deleted discussion with another user to address issues that they had highlighted regarding the tools use.
- "intended to injure a target by violently crashing the compacted material into them"→ nothing
- With the removal of this sentence, you entirely neglect to describe how the tool is used offensively, instead simply noting what shape it assumes when attacking. I consider it important to mention both, especially since it differs from Gaara's tendenacy to normally crush an opponent to inflict damage.
- "More complex structures could perform even more intricate tasks, such as observing an area from afar" → "He could also use the sand to perform the Third Eye technique with which to observing an area from afar."
- As mentioned above, this was written as such to address another's concerns that the article didn't adequately represent the Kazekage's manipulation of the dust (not sand), so I chose to directly state that he could form more complex shapes like that of the third eye rather than just list the technique as you did. Other than maybe the word intricate (which could be easily exchanged), for a non-english speaker, I don't see why this is anymore difficult to understand than your version.
- "...integration of his gold dust with the sand that remained under the beast's control, which due to being significantly denser than the latter material, would vastly increase the sand's weight when combined. Consequently, this made it more difficult for the creature to manipulate and thus slowed the sand down considerably, if not halting its movement entirely."→ "...either by layering his gold dust on top of or mixing the gold dust into the sand that remained under the beast's control. Because gold is heavier than sand, it made it more difficult for the creature to manipulate the sand, thus slowing if not stopping its movement entirely."
- All I'm trying to do in this instance is provide a clear step-by-step explantion of how the process occurs in order to prevent confusion, rather than create it as you claim. Yes, it does make it less concise but it clearly indicates that it is the combined weight which makes it the sand more difficult to manipulate, and ties in the densities noted in the trivia section (which yours doesn't) to better explain how density connects to weight, which some younger users may not be aware of.
- Past Tense → Present Tense
- I did this to not only reflect the current status of the Kakezage but rather because this is the tense that is used throughout the Iron Sand article, so I was under the impression that it was also correct in this case.
When I called your edits unnecessary it wasn't to offend you in any way but instead in referrence to the fact that although minor, they did inadvertently delete information that was regarded by myself and others as useful, hence why I felt it was pointless to quarrel over my addition of just less the 400 characters to an article about a tool which use has already been concluded. I hope I have made that point clear in the above paragraphs and although, I have no problem in simplifying both words and sentences, I don't think their removal is necessary in this case. Blackstar1 (talk) 00:32, August 14, 2011 (UTC)
you double posted a sentence in your new edition. And the way you phrased some of your statements make them sound like speculations. I think we should keep only facts and not speculations.LordNaruto (talk) 01:51, August 14, 2011 (UTC)
Do you think the third eye should be mentioned in the page, just like in the original edit i made some hours ago. I think yes, so that someone glancing the page quickly can see that the third eye is related to gold dust tooLordNaruto (talk) 01:59, August 14, 2011 (UTC)
I noticed you seemed to be a seasoned veteran on here, and I was wondering about a possible idea I had. My idea was to create a record or short summary of each battle that character fought in and who won it. Also, to put in the info box for each character, all the people they had killed. It may already exist. Thanks. Shadowclone77 (talk) 03:51, August 14, 2011 (UTC)
Sorry to bug you again :D but ive been thinking a good way for me to get into the wiki is to improve any low quality pictures i find. I was just checking to make sure that if i believe the image i have is higher quality can i just go ahead and switch the image?
ok thanks again!
Hey, Yes it may have been unnecessary what i added to a page, but you are constantlly correcting everyone. you are just like omnibender who does it too. let people do what they signed up to do. stop taking away their changes your just a stupid bully who thinks they own the place. so just shut up and let other people do something for once --;P (talk) 16:18, August 16, 2011 (UTC)
- But when i see all my new activity. it is all corrected by you. So clearly the problem her is everyone but you is incorrect and unnecessary. why do you have to change what everyone has done. They can't all be wrong. --;P (talk) 16:26, August 16, 2011 (UTC)—This unsigned comment was made by Kiba's twin sister (talk • contribs) .
Re: Six Paths of Pain
I just read the latest chapter and it was stated that there were created by the sage of the six paths. Would that mean you was a user of them?--—This unsigned comment was made by Steven Hardy (talk • contribs) .
It was mentioned that he created the jutsu's therefore he is a user of the jutsu's. Its messed up how you guy's wont allow a follower of the manga to update this site. They need to be added to his list of jutsu.—This unsigned comment was made by Steven Hardy (talk • contribs) .
Hey my friend could you put on the laser cannon article thingy for the Asura path the other pic for the arm cannon from Nagato on chapter 551? I don't know how to do that so could you to the favor? Thank you. Darksusanoo (talk) 21:22, August 18, 2011 (UTC)
Hey Cerez...i don't know what's up but the individual Six Paths articles are weird...if i enter directly to the pages it shows the old article refering to the paths as bodies and not abilities...but if i go to see the recent changes (In this case the Deva Path which was what i saw) it showed the re-structered article. Was it re-changed, a wiki problem or am i the only one with this problem? Thank you. Darksusanoo (talk) 02:46, August 22, 2011 (UTC)
What i mean is sometimes when i enter the individual Six Paths articles, they appear as the old, unchanged versions... an now it's back to normal. Ok another question...how long does it usually take for a new jutsu to appear in a character's infobox? Cuz i listed Madara as a user of the Human Path some long hours ago... but it still isn't comming up on the man's infobox. Darksusanoo (talk) 02:57, August 22, 2011 (UTC)
Re: Ino healing
Re: Nagato quote
Nagato talks too much…
- "Naruto… I'll be returning to where our master is, so I can see your story… If you ask me… You're the third part that concludes the series… The first part was Jiraiya… He was flawless… But… The second part was me, an almost complete failure… I couldn't even get our master to acknowledge me… Ending the series is the third part… The final work will settle it all! Become such a masterpiece that that failure will be like it was cancelled altogether… Naruto!" (「ナルト………オレは師匠の所へ戻ってお前の物語を見ておくと…するよ…オレから言わせりゃ…お前は三部作目の完結編だ…一部が自来也…完ペキだった…だが…二部作目ってのはたいがい駄作になるオレのようにな……師にも認めてもらってない……シリーズの出来ってのは三作目…完結編で決まる!駄作を帳消しにするぐらいの最高傑作になってくれよ…ナルト!」, "Naruto… Ore wa shishō no tokoro modotte omae no monogatari o mite oku to… suru yo… Ore kara iwaserya… Omae wa sanbusakume no kanketsuhen de… Ichibu ga Jiraiya… Kanpeki datta… Daga… Nibusakume tte no wa taigai dasaku ni naru ore no yō ni na…… Shi ni mo mitomete morattenai ……Shirīzu no deki tte no wa sansakume… Kanketsuhen de kimaru! Dasaku o chōkeshi ni suru gurai no saikō kessaku ni natte kure yo… Naruto!")
New wiki help
Madara and Wood Release
Hey pal i want you to tell me why are you deleting my edits on madara's wood release, the fact that he can sustain Inzanagi longer than danzo and him possessing the DNA of the first hokage and madara living such a long life is enough proof to SAFELY ASSUME HE HAS THE WOOD RELEASE IMBUED INTO HIM. THE WORD IS SAFELY ASSUME. in any case i placed a presumed beside his wood release isnt there anything wrong?????
Ok i get what you are trying to say. but if we dont assume. we might as well remove the wood release and lightning release from zetsu and tsunade respectively. zetsu is made from the first's cells but we have never seen him use a wood release technique before so we can just leave it there rite? and also tsunade has seemingly used lightning release techniques as well but it is not comfirmed so we cant assume rite? Sasori35 (talk) 14:29, August 27, 2011 (UTC)Sasori35
Magnet Release Chakra Flow
Could you please have a look at this discussion. Although, I don't disagree with Omnibender's comments, I believe the ultimate decision comes down to a matter of opinion, so the more opinions the better really. Blackstar1 (talk) 16:18, August 27, 2011 (UTC)
Thanks for the info and sorry about the pics those are the best ones i can find but you got a point ill be more carefull with the pics i put up from now on.--[[Unsigned|Divedbyzero}}
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Pseudo-Jinch%C5%ABriki#Similar_Cases, also in the classification of Sora it clearly states he is a pseudo-jinchuriki.
Re: Naka River
It's true, although it's on page 307 of the second databook, not page 304:
- The Naka River: A river flowing through the village of Konoha. Once, the Uchiha clan lived and prospered in the river basin. (南賀ノ川●木ノ葉の里に流れる川。かつて流域にはうちは一族が栄え暮らしていた。, Naka no Kawa: Konoha no Sato ni nagareru kawa. Katsute ryūiki ni wa Uchiha ichizoku ga sakae kurashite ita.)
Errors in Wiki
The Narutopedia English is definitely the best. I'm not English or American, I am Spanish, so my English is not very good. I'd like to correct some errors in the wiki:
- The correct name is Shugo Hakke Rokujūyon Shō instead of Shugohakke Rokujūyon Shō.
- There is no right or wrong when it comes to spacing rōmaji. Both 'Tsūtenkyaku' and 'Tsūten Kyaku' are technically speaking equally correct. Then again, given how the name translates to 'Heavenly Foot of Pain', it should be either 'Tsūtenkyaku' or 'Tsū Tenkyaku'. I prefer the former, myself. As for Shugohakke Rokujūyon Shō, I see no problem keeping it the way it is, but I wouldn't mind seeing it changed to 'Shugo Hakke Rokujūyon Shō', either. However, as you might be able to tell from here, I would prefer to write it as 'Shugohakke Rokujūyonshō'. —ShounenSuki (talk | contribs | translations) 00:31, August 30, 2011 (UTC)
- I've check out the IP edit on Madara, so far it's similar to a "certain user" who made problems on some Wikis, thanks for the info.--White Flash (talk) 13:58, August 30, 2011 (UTC)
Re: Susanoo titbit
You only now realised this? Susanoo has looked like a tengu since the very beginning <_< But to answer your question, Susanoo-no-Mikoto is said to have been the progenitor of the tengu. —ShounenSuki (talk | contribs | translations) 18:32, August 31, 2011 (UTC)
- I was only messing around with you a bit ^^ Konoha tengu are more difficult to recognise than karasu tengu, and Susanoo actually didn't look exactly like the standard konoha tengu, as his nose was pointy and not round. —ShounenSuki (talk | contribs | translations) 23:10, August 31, 2011 (UTC)
- "That guy… Wasn't he killed? the flow of his chakra has stopped, but I feel there's something strange…" (「こいつ…殺されたのか?チャクラの流れが止まってたからおかしいとは思ったけど…」, "koitsu… Korosareta no ka? Chakura no nagare ga tomatteta kara okashii to wa omotta kedo…")
List of Ninja Clothing (obi)
First, I think you should know that remove a whole section in a article without leave no message is very rude, even if there's something wrong. Users like me want to help, not destroy.
But I'm leaving this message because I want to know why you removed my section "obi" of the List of Ninja Clothing. I'm not angry, I just want to know what I did wrong.--Spcmn (talk) 02:48, September 9, 2011 (UTC)
- I understand your criterion. But masks and cloaks aren't a normal attire too? And sorry to have missed your message.--Spcmn (talk) 22:05, September 9, 2011 (UTC)
Re: Toad names
Wow, I'm amazed that the meaning behind their names isn't on the Wiki yet…
Gamabunta's name comes from the famous Japanese actor Bunta Sugawara, who is best-known for his roles in Yakuza films. He became especially famous through his role as a Yakuza member in the Battles Without Honour and Humanity (仁義なき戦い, Jingi Naki Tatakai) series of films, directed by Kinji Fukasaku of Tora! Tora! Tora! fame, who gave his name to the toad Fukasaku.
Hiro and Shima might come from the Japanese city of Hiroshima, which is where the above-mentioned Yakuza film plays and where Gamabunta's dialect comes from. Hiroshima is strongly connected to the Yakuza, if only through films. —ShounenSuki (talk | contribs | translations) 13:19, September 9, 2011 (UTC)
- Ehm… How does Gamaken's name mean 'strong toad'? The names are all in katakana, so there is no obvious literal meaning to their names. I could probably come up with something, but I don't see how it would be in any way relevant. —ShounenSuki (talk | contribs | translations) 22:46, September 9, 2011 (UTC)
- Well, if I must give meanings to those names…
- Gamabunta → 'Bun' can mean a lot of things. In Bunta Sugawara's name, it means 'literature', but it could also mean 'portion', 'part'; 'social standing'; 'one's duty in life'; and quite a few other things. 'Ta' is actually written in kanji, so that's an easy one: it means 'plump', 'thick'; and is a common ending for boys' names.
- Gamakichi: 'Kichi' means 'good fortune'.
- Gamatatsu: 'Tatsu' means 'dragon'.
- Gamahiro: 'Hiro' could mean 'to fathom' or 'wide', 'spacious' (which it means in the name Hiroshima). It could also be short for hīrō, the Japanese way of pronouncing the English word 'hero'.
- Gamaken: 'Ken' can mean so many things, it isn't even funny any more. In Ken Takakura's name it means 'health', 'persistence' (maybe that's where the 'strong toad' translation came from). It could also mean 'sword', 'prefecture', 'economy', 'authority', et cetera, et cetera.
- Gerotora: 'Gero' is the sound frogs make in Japanese. 'Tora' means 'tiger'.
- Fukasaku: In Kinji Fukasaku's name, it means 'late-growing harvest'. 'Fuka' could also mean something like 'burden' or 'profound'. 'Saku' can also mean 'a work'; 'a plan'; 'to bloom'; or 'to cut up'.
- Shima: Her name can mean 'island' (as in Hiroshima). It could also mean 'stripe' or 'to finish something'.
- Kōsuke's name has way, way too many translations. The 'suke' part is a common ending for boys' names and means something like 'to help'. As for 'kō'… Well, there are more than three hundred kanji that could be pronounced as 'kō'. Pick a random word and you'll probably have a possible translation for 'kō'.
- I hope this satisfies your curiosity ^^ —ShounenSuki (talk | contribs | translations) 02:35, September 11, 2011 (UTC)
- Well, if I must give meanings to those names…
"we just prefer manga quotes to it"
Who's "we"? X29 15:38 September 14 2011.
In that case, I can call this wiki one thing: a drag. I oughta start my own wiki, but that's really such a drag. Takes up too much work an' time. X29 17:09 September 14 2011.
I didn't say I'm gonna do it, muppet. X29 17:24 September 14 2011.
hey...how come in your signatures a small(10px) Hyuga symbol appears? But when I tried it it didn't appear. can you tell me how to do it? I also want the Uchiha symbol to appear after my signatures. akz! (talk) 02:46, September 18, 2011 (UTC)
- Whenever I sign a post in a user talk page, an update is found like
Why was the edits I made to Bushy Brow's Jutsu: Sasuke Style! reversed? They looked perfectly fine imo, as the mother Gaara talks to is Shukaku (I believe that it mentions this somewhere in a later episode). Please tell. --speysider (talk) 14:54, September 18, 2011 (UTC)
- Heh, thanks =]. What about the above edit that removed the link to Shukaku? --speysider (talk) 15:33, September 18, 2011 (UTC)
You're good at answering questions...
Yeah, as the headline says, you're good at answering questions, and you're not rude about it, so I figured I would ask you... So, I'll stop rambling now and ask. Thanks in advanced! Should the arm movement that Tenten does at the end of Twin Rising Dragons be considered an unknown hand seal?( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nytwg7K6ME ) <--- That's the link to a Twin Rising Dragons video if you don't remember what it looks like. --Ampm123 (talk) 21:59, September 19, 2011 (UTC)Ampm123
Well, I put it on the hand seals talk page, but I think I just post things at awkward times and people don't see them. And I just realized that she doesn't do it in the part 2 version of Twin Rising Dragons, so it's probably not. Thanks for replying though! --Ampm123 (talk) 22:19, September 19, 2011 (UTC)Ampm123
Hi, I'm CastleFalcon, and a big fan of Naruto aswell... This is why I came here to show you my fanfiction! It's about Naruto living an ordinary life in high-school (unfortunatley, there are no powers or ninja, just regular moderness). You can read it here: http://fanfiction.wikia.com/wiki/Naruto:_Senior_Year
I think it's hilarious, but why do you refer to the Second Mizukage as Captain Awesome, anyway? Is it just because his personality reminds you of Captain Awesome from Chuck? Timeel39 (talk) 18:13, September 22, 2011 (UTC)
Although I partly agree with your presumption that the Communications Team is closely linked with the squads of the Intelligence Division acting in the field, don't you think it's a little rash to consider the two as being interchangeable with one another? Dodai was clearly identified as a member of the Communications Team, whereas the others where stated to be part of the Intelligence Division, so at the moment any such connection between them would be purely speculative and so, shouldn't be included in the article as fact. Blackstar1 (talk) 20:39, September 22, 2011 (UTC)
Hey it me again with another issue. The part in the Third raikages abilities that states he the greatest raikage it propaganda. It was never stated in the manga. If so show me? Also in the Infinate explosions technique file it was never showed in the manga that Muu had a problem with dealing with it. It only said that it was created by his ancestors. iDkk who they are but they continue to Re-Edit the page after iSent them both messages sayin to go read the manga in all translations because it never was stated. If you can go look at the pages. (IKiddMarss (talk) 14:01, September 25, 2011 (UTC))
Fourth Shinobi World War Stats
Hey Due To the start of the 4th shinobi war I think it is time to update the stats of each character as well as add new ones to new characters Like Bee and A and Darui whose abilities have been shown throughout the last few arcs.—This unsigned comment was made by Fan Rating Guy (talk • contribs) .