We do hope that you will stay for a long time. Enjoy your stay as we work to become the best Naruto info site out there. BELIEVE IT!
If you're looking for something to do why not look over the Forums or more specifically Narutopedia Collaboration for a list of projects we're working on. And the Community portal has a lot of recent discussions and places to go listed on it.
- I also agree, great job with some of swordsman's sword articles, and some of the pictures you've added also help liven up the wiki. ~ Fmakck → Talk → Contributions 02:14, February 9, 2011 (UTC)
Re: Strategy Planning Group
- In the raw, he says "A strategy communication...?" (「作戦連絡か…」, "Sakusen ka...").—ShounenSuki (talk | contribs | translations) 17:51, February 4, 2011 (UTC)
- Ginkaku says: "How pathetic... To think we of all people would be used for the technique of the Second Hokage that [we] defeated" (「なさけねぇ…ぶっ倒した二代目火影の術にこのオレ達がかかってるなんてのはな…なあ金角」, "Nasakenē... Buttaoshita Nidaime Hokage no jutsu ni kono ore-tachi ga kakatteru nante no wa na... Naa Kinkaku").
- Although not 100% literally stated, there is no doubt in my mind that Ginkaku is saying he and his brother killed the Second Hokage. —ShounenSuki (talk | contribs | translations) 13:28, February 5, 2011 (UTC)
Re: 526 stuff
Actually, the way it read to me I was assuming it was you who translated the text. There's no need for me to check the conversation between you two I merely wanted verification. --Cerez (talk) 15:30, February 6, 2011 (UTC)
Re: Chapter 527
|Raikage||"Those guys are the worst criminals in Kumogakure history. They are the brothers who at one time, during a courtesy ceremony where we entered an alliance with Konoha, staged a coup d'état by attacking the Second Hokage and Second Raikage by surprise."||「奴らは雲隠れの歴史において最悪の大罪人だ。かつて木ノ葉と同盟を結ぶ儀礼式の際、クーデターを起こして二代目雷影と二代目火影を騙し討ちした兄弟だぞ」|
|Hokage||"I know they even managed to drive the Second Hokage to the verge of death by wielding the five ninja tools called the Treasured Tools of the Sage of the Six Paths, but... The Nine-Tails' chakra... I hadn't heard they possessed that..."||「六道仙人の宝具と呼ばれる五つの忍具を操り二代目火影を瀕死の追い込んだ事までは知っているが…九尾のチャクラ…それを持っているとは聞いてなかった…」|
|Raikage||"A long time ago...... At one point, Kumogakure had an encounter with the Nine-Tails while trying to capture it. On that occasion, the Nine-Tails seemingly ate the Gold and Silver Brothers. However, it is said the two struggled inside its stomach and, being unable to bear it, the Nine-Tails vomited them back out. After this, the two carried with them the Nine-Tails' chakra. At any rate, I heard they spent a fortnight inside the Nine-tails' stomach."||「昔……一度雲隠れが九尾を捕らえようとした事があったそうだ。その時九尾に食われたのが金銀兄弟らしい。だが腹の中で暴れ続ける二人にたまりかねた九尾は二人を口から吐き出したそうだ。それ以後二人は九尾のチャクラを宿してしまった。なんせ二週間も九尾の腹の中にいたそうだ」|
|Hokage||"That story is hard to believe."||「信じがたい話だな」|
|Raikage||"The Treasured Tools cannot be handled by just any humans... When they are used, they suck up a large quantity of chakra, which would kill normal people. Anyone but those monster-like two who carry the Nine-Tails' chakra."||「宝具はただの人間には扱えぬ…アレらを扱うと大量のチャクラを吸い取られ普通の者は死ぬ。九尾のチャクラを宿したバケモノのような輩以外はな」|
Although it seems to imply it, the text doesn't actually say that the Nine-Tails' chakra is required to wield the Treasured Tools. Instead, I believe it implies that the brothers managed to wield the tools for the same reason as they managed to survive the Nine-Tails' stomach. They probably had a naturally great chakra reserve, like Naruto and Kisame. Of course, not even the Raikage is anywhere near certain of the story and the Hokage is outright sceptical, obviously. —ShounenSuki (talk | contribs | translations) 12:58, February 12, 2011 (UTC)
- They used the weapons before they were eaten, you can see it on one panel. So I guess you just need much much chakra to wield them. Seelentau 愛議 16:13, February 12, 2011 (UTC)
- Although I admit that the situation is murky, I actually don't personally think those situations are unconnected. i have seceral reasons for this:
- It is odd for Kishimoto-sensei to introduce on one occasion the Kinkaku Force that would be connected to the Second Hokage's death, and on another occasion Kinkaku and Ginkaku who would be connected to the Second Hokage being brought to the verge of death. The situations are far too similar.
- If the situations are unconnected, the Kinkaku Force incident (which should have led to the Second Hokage's death) should have occurred after the Kingin Brothers incident. However, the Kingin Brothers incident happened during an the signing of an alliance treaty. There should have been no fighting afterwards between Kumo and Konoha.
- The time line can still be wholly consistent with the two situations being one.
- SWWI is raging.
- Konoha and Kumo decide to enter an alliance.
- The SecondHokage goes to Kumogakure to sign the treaty, bringing along his students and other high-ranking shinobi.
- During the ceremony, the Kingin Brothers attack the Hokage and Raikage.
- The Second Hokage and his entourage flee Kumo, but are hunted down by the Kingin Brothers and their Kinkaku Force.
- The Second Hokage stays behind as a distraction while his subordinates flee to Konoha.
- The Second Hokage is all but killed by the Kinkaku Force, but manages to escape and reach Konoha.
- The Second Hokage dies of his injuries in Konoha, after telling the tale of the fight.
- —ShounenSuki (talk | contribs | translations) 21:12, February 12, 2011 (UTC)
- Although I admit that the situation is murky, I actually don't personally think those situations are unconnected. i have seceral reasons for this:
Re: Vacuum Wave
First off let me say, you write very well; I'll be the first one to say that anytime. But sometimes you overdo it and make the articles a tad bit confusing. You have to remember that there's a lot of people of varying ages that read the articles. When I say "fluff" i don't mean it in a negative way just that it's sorta not needed or you need to simplify what you're writing. Btw Susanoo's an ultimate defense so it would make anything look weak so it's kinda not fair to state that thought i suppose there isn't anything wrong with doing so in the same breath. I apologize if you took it the wrong way. --Cerez☺ (talk) 00:59, February 15, 2011 (UTC)
Re: Chapter 530
Hanzō says 「イブセやれ!」 ("Ibuse yare!"), but this can actually be interpreted as either "Ibuse do it!" and "Smoke them!" It's rather ambiguous if you accept the possibility of イブセ being a name. —ShounenSuki (talk | contribs | translations) 00:07, March 5, 2011 (UTC)
I know it may sound strange to find such a message on your Talk Page from a perfect stranger, but... I just wanted to congratulate you on your edits on the "Poison" section in Hanzō's page! Some of the best edits I have ever seen, very technical and complete with Wikipedia's links, and even the image is very fitting! Even though, I'm not joking, I wanted to upload THAT same image and to place it in THAT same space, I swear... But it seems I got anticipated... You tricky bastard xD
Just joking ;)
Re: Chapter 532
- "In my village, there was a single black salamander with deadly venom." (「オレの里では猛毒を持つ黒山椒魚が一匹いた。」)
- "When it died while I was still a child, its venom sac was embedded into my body." (「そいつが死んだ時、子供だったオレの体にそいつの毒袋が埋め込まれた。」)
- "Right here." (「ちょうどここだ。」)
- "All so I could become a venomous human and have my body build up resistance to the venom." (「毒の耐性を体に持たせた毒人間にするためにだ。」)
Hanzō doesn't make it quite clear who transplanted the venom sac, but from he way he's talking, I don't think he did it himself. —ShounenSuki (talk | contribs | translations) 12:28, March 20, 2011 (UTC)
It's unnecessary to add the tools category to most tools articles. If the article in question makes use of the tools form/infobox, it is automatically added to the tools category. Adding it is only required for pages which don't use it, for example, puppet. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 03:03, July 10, 2011 (UTC)
Re:Mind Puppet Switch Cursed Seal Technique
He doesn't say that in the translation I read, he says "He's almost there... Take good care of my body, Torune". As a sensor type he would be able to tell how far the enemy is from his position.--Deva 27 22:44, July 10, 2011 (UTC)
Re: Second Mizukage - References
I see your point not that I didn't in the first place but I simply mean that doing that to Capt. Awesome's article would mean reciprocation of the same in every other article. My reference to "laziness" isn't about what you mentioned in the latter part of your message but simply points to the fact that it's unnecessary to cite references for every paragraph when people can simply go and read the thing. references have never been given like that before and it's never stopped people from finding or adding information.--Cerez365™ 22:07, July 20, 2011 (UTC)
Gold Dust article
The article as it is now (i'm assuming that it's been reverted by now) plainly put uses too many big words. Narutopedia is supposed to cater for everyone and if I, someone who's in college has to sit there and read over one sentence two to three times and can only come up with "huh?" I really don't want to know what younger children who tried to read it are thinking. As I think I've said before you write very well, but eloquence is not measured in the use of big words, it's through explaining something in its simplest form, so that everyone can understand it. For example:
- "fashioned into a diverse range of forms, with the most simplistic employed"→ "various shapes and forms"
- "More complex structures could perform even more intricate tasks, such as observing an area from afar" → "He could also use the sand to perform the Third Eye technique with which to observe an area from afar."
- "...integration of his gold dust with the sand that remained under the beast's control, which due to being significantly denser than the latter material, would vastly increase the sand's weight when combined. Consequently, this made it more difficult for the creature to manipulate and thus slowed the sand down considerably, if not halting its movement entirely."→ "...either by layering his gold dust on top of or mixing the gold dust into the sand that remained under the beast's control. Because gold is heavier than sand, it made it more difficult for the creature to manipulate the sand, thus slowing if not stopping its movement entirely."
What I changed parts of the article is much simpler, more concise and yet gets the point across without the added confusion.--Cerez365™ 23:16, August 13, 2011 (UTC)
I've noticed this about your writing before. When one editor would say, 'Naruto punched Sasuke,' you'd say, 'Naruto used his fist offensively on Sasuke's flesh with the intention of damaging him and even disabling him.' It makes your contributions stick out like a soar thumb and for all the wrong reasons. --22.214.171.124 (talk) 23:45, August 13, 2011 (UTC)
- I looked through the tug of war going on. And I must say, Blackstar, your current edition is ridiculous. The very core doctrine of writing for any discipline is "brevity and intended message". It basically means, you should fully relay your intended message in the briefest way possible. I don't know why Blackstar choose to compound the whole article with excessive description that barely leaves any image to the imagination of the reader. If a word can replace two words, why not use it? If a point has been made why repeat it again?
- Below are a few of the major problems with your text
- 1) "This gold dust could be fashioned into a diverse range of forms, with the most simplistic employed to merely attack or block an enemy."
- ---- You realize "a" is an article that signifies the noun is singular. One, there is no noun succeeding that "a". Two, "range of forms" is plural.
- ---- What is the point of "merely" in that sentence? it adds no further meaning to that sentence. If the sentence can survive without that word and still retain its intended message, then get rid of the word. "Brevity and intended message", that's one of the traits of good writing.
- Here is my suggestion without altering much: "In sufficient quantities, this gold dust could be fashioned into diverse range of forms, with the most simplistic employed to attack or block an enemy."
- 2) "When used offensively, the Kazekage tended to form dense fast-moving surges that could range in size from narrow streams to colossal waves, intended to injure a target by violently crashing the compacted material into them."
- ---- First of all, I don't understand on how you erred over basic grammar. Don't you know a simple past tense can never succeed the verb "used? "Tended" in that sentence is a gigantic grammatical taboo.
- ---- And why the word "injure"? You're aware that "injure" is not the best word for a non-living target. And who says that the gold dust attacks only living targets?
- ---- And why go an extra mile to state the phrase "compacted material"? You're aware the word "dense" is synonymous to "compacted material" in this context. And you already mentioned "dense" as part of the properties of the offensive gold dust. Why repeat the same message again?
- ---- why use two words "violently crashing" when you can replace it with an action word like "storming" or "barraging"? You need more words in your vocab.
- In fact that whole sentence can be rewritten in half the words without missing out any of the messages it relays. Here is an example: "when being used offensively, the Kazekage tends to form dense fast-moving surges that could range in size from narrow streams to colossal waves, intended to storm the material onto them."
- Ehm… I'm not really following this discussion, but my god Newestman, your grammar sucks. Those two example sentences you gave were both written in perfectly correct grammar, if a bit on the wordy side. Don't throw stones when you live in a glass house. —ShounenSuki (talk | contribs | translations) 00:41, August 14, 2011 (UTC)
- What I changed it to is more direct. I don't see the need to say a million things when I can say three.
- There is no basis for that unless it was that time he sent his sand to attack Gaara from behind and we don't know what he was going to do. Odds are in the favour that he uses his dust in the same way Gaara does and was going to bind him or something.
- All the bravado for the third eye can be found in its own article. Simply saying he can manipulate his sand (yes Sand Gold) to form the third eye
- Again everything was explained, just in a less roundabout manner
- The tense bit is a simple oversight
- I hardly get offended
- Don't believe Newestman, my skin is flawless v_v --Cerez365™ 00:54, August 14, 2011 (UTC)
- There are 3 main things I corrected here: misuse of the article "a", the use of "tended", and being overly wordy. and if you're referring to the grammar i used here, then yes it will suck. this is a chat page and nothing pro. But if you're referring to the points I corrected, then you're really terrible in grammar.Newestman (talk) 01:18, August 14, 2011 (UTC)
- @Ceraz, the thing i was referring to was simply when you stated he can make the gold dust into "various shapes". We really never saw him make it into an well-defined shape. i think "shape" is a more specific word than "form". Although, by "shape" you could've meant "form" but i don't know if others see it in the same way. Or unless we are now assuming he can do things the iron sand and gaara's sand can do.Newestman (talk) 01:28, August 14, 2011 (UTC)
- @ShounenSuki: Let me say thank you, although I may appear to have great confidence in my writing ability, what I've learnt has come about purely through experience rather than education as I have only studied English to the most basic requirements over here in Britain. So, in spite of others kind comments, I still have doubts about the worth of my edits from time to time, meaning I always appreciate support from other editors such as yourself when it is given.
- @Newestman: I will firstly apologise if you were under the impression that I meant any offense towards Cerez because of his remarks, my later comments were never intended as such. Although discussions do seemingly get quite heated between the two of us, we always resolve our issues in the end and I actually highly respect the fact that he chooses to discuss, rather than making the decision to simply argue. However, in spite of all this, was such a derogatory tone really needed in your previous comment? On what occasion have I myself ever even implied that my grasp of grammar is superior to that of any other user on this site, or even if that was so, that it would make me correct in every circumstance as a consequence? Also, I never quarreled over Cerez's decision to simplify the article, I am aware of my own fault when it comes to being overtly wordy, I simply disputed the removal of some of the content.
- @Cerez365: I think at this point I'll choose to bow out graciously while I still have the opportunity. Thanks to some of the above comments, I now have neither the time nor energy to continue our discussion further in a reasonable manner, so in this case I will relent and just abide to your proposed changes. Blackstar1 (talk) 01:26, August 14, 2011 (UTC)
@blackstar: I apologize if i let out any harsh tone. I would have cleaned if up if I had proofread it. But i usually don't proofread chats. I truly apologize. It was not intended. I only noticed it while reading it again a couple minutes ago. My bad. I guess i was writing with too much emotionNewestman (talk) 01:35, August 14, 2011 (UTC)
I don't understand where people get the idea that I have heated arguments with them when i'm so chillest person ever B) In any case I've lost interest in this for quite some time now. But perhaps there's a midpoint between both edits, I know there's at least one point that i'd still like to add to the article.--Cerez365™ 01:38, August 14, 2011 (UTC)
- The use of 'a' you 'corrected'? Yeah, that's just plain wrong. The article here doesn't refer to the plural 'forms', but the singular 'range'. Using 'a' isn't just correct, it's required here. The tense usage you corrected, although not the neatest, isn't really incorrect either. If you want to call it incorrect, than it's perhaps the single most made mistake in the English language. One that can actually be seen as correct, depending on the form of English you use.
- Also, I don't care about the grammar you use on the talk pages. I called you out on this because you think you're in a position to call others out on their mistakes, while making making mistakes in this yourself. This is plain foolish at best and terribly hypocritical at worst.
- The wordiness of Blackstar1's sentences isn't even a mistake, it's a matter of style. Purple prose has its uses and as long as it's easily understandable, there's nothing wrong with it.
- Oh, and as for my 'terrible' grammar? I study the English language at one of the best universities in Europe (and even the world) and am currently at the top of my class in each and every subject I follow. I've had conversations with US and British professors of English who commended me on my excellent use of, and mastery over, the language. I'm also an author in my spare time, and a pretty successful freelance English–Dutch–English translator. What are your qualifications? —ShounenSuki (talk | contribs | translations) 01:44, August 14, 2011 (UTC)
Along with Shounen's qualifications, I'd also like to add that I can make a mean egg sandwich <_< >_> --Cerez365™ 01:56, August 14, 2011 (UTC)
Re: Communications Team
It would seem that I was in fact mixing my facts/theory up.--Cerez365™ 20:42, September 23, 2011 (UTC)
Obviously if you read your naruto, It was never stated that the thrid raikage was the strongest raikage. And thus it was never stated in the manga that Muu had a problems with the mizukages technique. It only said that it was created by muu's ancestors.
Its not relevant Info cause its not TRUE ! Why post info on a site that people come to that isnt true. You say you'll report me I'll report you Cause the Info you continue to post isnt true. Like iSaid before Obviously you dont read the manga. (IKiddMarss (talk) 13:54, September 25, 2011 (UTC))
So you're trying to tell me that mangastream is wrong. They are the most accurate. Ive already talked to one of the admins and they are currently reading it. But we shall see. (IKiddMarss (talk) 14:03, September 25, 2011 (UTC))
Re: Chapter 557 Raw
Wow, that's a lot better than how it looked initially. I'm not sure your should ask me specifically about something like that since it seems like more a general community thing (esp if it might be going against the image policy etc.) I wouldn't worry about it too much though Narutoverse normally get their scans from elsewhere so I was thinking we'd use those, but create a forum article or leave a message on a page that fits the issue so that others can weigh in.--Cerez365™ 11:58, October 3, 2011 (UTC)
Then I suppose your intent was fulfilled yes? And since it appears that you're not looking for a yes or no-, then happy uploading.--Cerez365™ 12:28, October 3, 2011 (UTC)
Re: Chapter 530
Kimimaro says, "orochimaru-sama's chakra passes straight through my skull, penetrating my flesh and bones… If I don't achieve the goals…!" ((大蛇丸様のチャクラが頭蓋を通して骨身にしみる…目的を達成しなければ………!), (Orochimaru-sama no chakura ga zugai o tōshite honemi ni shimeru… Mokuteki o tassei shinakereba………!))
The conversation between Chiyo and Hanzō goes as follows:
- Chiyo: "I don't know if it's Akatsuki or Orochimaru, but I'll make the one who resurrected me regret it!! What if they force me to do my trademark 'playing dea~d', huh! How embarrassing!!" (「…"暁"だか大蛇丸だか知らんがワシを蘇らせた事を後悔させてやる!!ガチで"死んだフリ~"をかましてもーたがな!恥ずかしいわっ!!」, "…'Akatsuki' da ka Orochimaru da ka shiran ga washi o yomigaeraseta koto o kōkaisasete yaru!! Gachi de 'shinda furi~' o kamashite mōtaga na! Hazikashii wah!!")
- Hanzō: "I'm concentrating, be quiet for a bit, puppet hag" (「集中している少し黙れ傀儡ババア」, "Shūchūshite iru sukoshi damare kugutsu babaa")
- Chiyo: "You shut up!! Big snorkel geezer!!" (「うるさいわぃ!!ビッグシュノーケルじじい!!」, "Urusai wai!! Biggu shunōkeru jijii!!")
Kabuto muses, "The plan was to use the shared field of vision from the summons' Rinnegan to compensate for his mobility, but… Itachi's shurikenjutsu was able to hit the targets from the hidden blind spots!!" ((口寄せ輪廻眼による共通視界で機動力を補うつもりが…隠れた死角からクナイを的に当てるイタチの手裏剣術!!), (Kuchiyose Rinnegan ni yori kyōtsū shikai de kidōryoku o oginau tsumori ga… Kakureta shikaku kara kunai o mato ni ateru Itachi no shurikenjutsu!!)) —ShounenSuki (talk | contribs | translations) 16:21, November 27, 2011 (UTC)
Your thoughts please
Re: Creation Rebirth
The 'Ninja Art' (忍法, Ninpō) prefix can be attached to pretty much every ninjutsu, I think. It's been used for many techniques in the manga and has always been kept out of the databook entries. I don't really think it's worth mentioning. —ShounenSuki (talk | contribs | translations) 18:55, February 4, 2012 (UTC)
Valley of the End
Not a big deal to me, it just seemed more appropriate to use showed instead of elaborated, since elaborated has a sense of "introduced, but unfinished".
Kurama's Tailed Beast Ball is sent into the air during the fight and can't create the collapse that will become the future waterfall all alone. The ball just destroy everything above it, not below.
- Thanks for the clarification about this. Like I said, no problem for me. Iruka-dono (talk) 23:58, February 28, 2012 (UTC)
Re: Clone Seal Image
I might know a few images *spits in that urn looking thing* What're we talking her? Sage Mode Naruto or ya' want something a lil' earlier than tha? *lights a cigarette* --Cerez365™ 00:34, March 16, 2012 (UTC)
I can't remember any instance where Naruto wasn't featured with the seal. You can upload the image and such since I don't know your exact intentions for it. It's from episode 75 btw.-Cerez365™ 01:25, March 16, 2012 (UTC)
Re: Body Shedding
- Sasuke: "Until he pulls out the Amaterasu… I won't use that Body replacement Technique." (「〝天照〟を出すまでは…この変わり身の術は使えない」, " 'Amaterasu' o dasu made wa… Kono kawarimi no Jutsu wa tsukaenai")
- Itachi: "To avoid the Amaterasu, you used an Orochimaru-style Body replacement Technique… It was a hard-to-detect, nicely performed Body replacement, but it uses up a large quantity of chakra." (「〝天照〟を回避した大蛇丸流の変わり身の術…バレにくく良く出来た変わり身だがアレは多量のチャクラを使う」, " 'Amaterasu' o kaihishita Orochimaru-ryū no Kawarimi no Jutsu… Bare nikuku yopku dekita Kawarimi no Jutsu daga are wa taryō no chakura o tsukau")
In my opinion, this is simply one of many possible ways of executing a Kawarimi no Jutsu. The basic concept of the Kawarimi is very broad and vague, so it should come as no surprise that there are many variations on it. This is Orochimaru's. —ShounenSuki (talk | contribs | translations) 20:48, March 31, 2012 (UTC)
Re: Sage Transformation - Kekkei Genkai
Yes, I understood that. The reason I reverted that was because of the lack of someone outright calling it a kekkei genkai. I don't oppose saying that Jūgo has a kekkei genkai, I just think we need to be careful in doing so. The fandom loves calling anything a specific character or clan can do a kekkei genkai. Heck, I've seen people saying that the Nara and the Yamanaka have kekkei genkai. I agree that with Jūgo and his clan, there is more evidence to that, but we need to be careful nonetheless. Put all the information we have together and see how it goes. And even then, that proper wording we did back before the confirmation of Storm Release as lightning and water. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 21:36, July 10, 2012 (UTC)
Re: Binding Genjutsu
I was wondering if wouldn't mind gleaming some information from http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/岸本斉史 to add to our own Masashi Kishimoto page. Information such as mangaka artists that influenced him, and manga that he liked (basically so people have a sort of reference on things that influence the naruto manga). I'm not comfortable with the translation google is giving me of the page. Thanks, and no rush. — SimAnt 18:44, June 1, 2013 (UTC)