Kage–Kubishibari no Jutsu (p. 203)
Shadow–Neck Binding Technique (影首縛りの術, Kage–Kubishibari no Jutsu)
- Ninjutsu, Hiden, No rank, Offensive, Short to mid-range (0–10m)
- User(s): Nara Shikamaru, Nara Shikaku
A strange shadow, shaped like hands
When it binds your neck, it will snatch away your life!!
A technique developed from the Nara clan's hiden Kagemane with combat in mind. It is possible to inflict direct damage to the enemy by transforming and moving shadows endowed with physical power. It was given its name because, above all else, strangulation is the most efficient method.
- →The smaller the distance to the target, the greater the power of the shadow.
[pictures of Shikamaru using Kage–Kubishibari on Tayuya]
100 Leafs Collection #20: The Shadow Art with Many Uses
Konoha One Hundred Leafs Collection ~ Number Twenty
'Potential' and 'Limit' in Conflict
—The Shadow Art with Many Uses!!—
The basic use of the Nara family's secret techniques is to capture and restrain the enemy, but depending on the way they are put into practical use, they can display various effects. How to make the best use of the shadow's special characteristics, while staying within the limit of "the shadow's surface area cannot be changed". Certainly, this is the true thrill of this series of techniques.
If the special characteristic of the user's shadow that makes it possible to transform it is used, it is possible to increase the shadow's range by shaping it like string, or attack multiple enemies by branching the shadow.
[picture of Shikamaru using Kage–Kubishibari to break his own finger]
- ↑With the Kage–Kubishibari, it is possible to attack body parts like fingers and such by turning the shadow slender.
It is possible to even change the surface area of the shadow, but only if you can control the source of light. It is important to understand the position of the sun and to use artificial light sources.
[picture of a flash of light lengthening shadows]
- ↑Although only temporarily, the use of the 'light ball' ninja tool can be used to change the state of the shadows dramatically.
Kuchiyose: Gamaguchi Shibari (p. 210)
Summoning: Toad Mouth Binding (口寄せ・蝦蟇口縛り, Kuchiyose: Gamaguchi Shibari)
- Ninjutsu, A-rank, Offensive, All ranges
- User(s): Jiraiya
The darkness of the netherworld, unsuited for escaping
[picture of the Gamaguchi Shibari covering a hallway]
- ↑→Within this œsophagus, rich in pliability and stickiness, you cannot even just move around.
[picture of Kisame's foot being caught in the Gamaguchi Shibari]
- ↓The wall of flesh drawing near with time wraps up the enemy and before long, their fate will be digestion inside the stomach.
[picture of Kisame fleeing from the Gamaguchi Shibari]
A menacing summoning!
The place it leads to is inside a toad's stomach
By partially summoning only an organ — the "œsophagus" of a giant toad from Mt Myōboku: Rock Lodging (妙木山・岩宿, Myōbokuzan: Iwayado) — this unique technique sends the enemy inside its stomach…!! When used inside a structure or cave, it is possible to trick the enemy inside the technique without them noticing! 体内では足元もおぼつかず、敵は普段通りの実力を発揮しづらい苦境に、否応なくその身を置くことになるのだ…。
Hien (p. 265)
Flying Swallow (飛燕, Hien)
- Taijutsu, B-rank, Offensive, Short range (0–5m)
- User(s): Sarutobi Asuma
This expanding and contracting blade of light makes it difficult to keep track off everything!!
An addition-line ninjutsu that augments the killing power of a blade — like a kunai or sword — by flowing chakra into it! The materialised chakra is shaped like a blade, cutting up everything it touches at once! It is also possible to alter the attack range of the weapon by adjusting the amount of chakra put into the blade. Seeing through the movements is a Herculean task!!
[picture of Asuma charging with his iron knuckles]
- ↑Asuma dealing with battle by using the technique on his favourite Iron Knuckles.
- ↓The density of the chakra is so high it becomes visible. It not only raises the power of the weapon, but simultaneously turns oneself into a blade as well!!
[picture of Asuma using Hien]
- ↑ 'Gamaguchi' (蝦蟇口; Literally meaning "toad mouth") is a Japanese name for a pouch or wallet, especially one closed with a metal clasp and used for small change. Naruto's own wallet is a reference to this word as well.
- ↑ 'Flying swallow' (飛燕, hien) refers to someone who moves about keenly. It is also the name of a playing piece in a shōgi variant called 'general situation shōgi' (大局将棋, taikyoku shōgi), considered to be the largest chess variant, if not of any board game, thanks to the 209 different kinds of pieces it uses.
- ↑ Yes, it actually says ninjutsu here and taijutsu with the stats. I'm assuming a mistake was made here. Given everything we know about this technique and the ninjutsu and taijutsu classifications, I'd say this was supposed to be a ninjutsu.