Hi, my name is Seelentau and I'm currently less active because of real life.
I'm a German hobby translator working for a couple of wikis and forums such as the Narutopedia, where I'm the stand-in Japanese translator following my predecessor's leaving. In late October 2014, I also took on the position of Narutopedia's tenth sysop.
While I'm not actively translating any longer, I'm still available for questions or to give my opinion on other's translations. However, please bear in mind that my skills are nowhere close to those of an actual student of the Japanese language. I also won't be doing translations on whole pages or articles.
For my translation work, I acquired every Japanese volume as well as around half of the chapters in their WSJ versions. I also own all Japanese databooks and fanbooks as well as other supplementary material. If you need something from those, ask away.
Every now and then, I'm working on what is probably the most accurate timeline of the Naruto universe. I also have a subpage where I try to explain plotholes and other seemingly illogical things in the manga, as well as stating some theories.
Things to work on:
Add Ninjutsu to non-dojutsu kekkei genkai infoboxes and Dōjutsu to dōjutsu infoboxes.
- Remove translation template from intros, because it unnecessarily lengthen's them. Most nicknames can be found in the infobox at the same height of the intro anyway.
- Also, use of translation template in general. Where and when not to. Of course there are exceptions.
- The translation template should not be used for terms outside of their own article (ex. Steam Armour in Han's article).
- General terms that exist outside of Naruto don't need the template (ex. "boiling point" in Boil Release's article).
Implementation of ruby? Could look stupid to those that can't view it correctly, resulting in longer articles.
Change infobox name from "(Japanese Romaji)" to "Japanese Romaji" or something alike. => Thread:179022
Include debut volume in infoboxes additionally to chapters. => Thread:183023
- Remove bolded words from texts except for the article title in intros. Based on WP MoS.
- Shorten loooong links. For the same reason we don't link every possible article.
- Signatures have to contain (at least) the username, a link to the user page and talk page and not more than one picture. They have to be of adequate size.
- Create separate articles for movie novels. As well for the first Jiraiya novel?
Change Sage of the Six Paths to Sage of Six Paths. => Talk:Hagoromo_Ōtsutsuki#Moniker