|Anime||Naruto Episode #10|
|Game||Naruto: Ultimate Ninja|
|OVA||Hidden Leaf Village Grand Sports Festival!|
|Appears in||Anime, Manga, Game|
Tsunami (ツナミ, Tsunami) is a citizen of the Land of Waves.
Her husband died shortly after Inari's birth, and when Kaiza entered her life as a father figure for Inari, she couldn't help but invite him into her home. Like everyone else in the city, Kaiza's death broke her spirit. In the following years, she tried to protect Inari from the painful memories of the loss of his stepfather.
She has been described as obliging. She also loves "prettiness". Tsunami also seems to be a very loving mother.
Land of Waves Arc
Tsunami is a woman of strong will; when she is taken hostage by Gatō's men to threaten Tazuna, she threatens to commit suicide so that Tazuna doesn't need to worry about her. Before she is placed in a position that would force her to go through with her threat, Naruto Uzumaki saves her and Inari.
- Tsunami (津波) literally translates to "harbour wave".
- Tsunami and Inari make a brief cameo appearance in Naruto episode 161.
- In the English anime, Tsunami does not threaten to commit suicide, but instead she tells Gatō's men that she will do "whatever they ask of her" because they are threatening Inari.
- According to the databook(s):
- Her hobbies are making western-style clothing, and gardening.