|Anime||Naruto Episode #10|
|Game||Naruto: Ultimate Ninja|
|OVA||Hidden Leaf Village Grand Sports Festival!|
|Appears in||Anime, Manga, Game|
Tsunami (ツナミ, Tsunami) is a citizen of the Land of Waves.
Her husband died shortly after Inari's birth, and when Kaiza entered her life as a father figure for Inari, she couldn't help but invite him into her home. Like everyone else in the city, Kaiza's death broke her spirit. In the following years, she tried to protect Inari from the painful memories of losing his stepfather.
She has been described as obliging. She also loves "prettiness". Tsunami also seems to be a very loving mother. Tsunami is a woman of strong will; when she is taken hostage by Gatō's men to threaten Tazuna, she threatens to commit suicide so that Tazuna doesn't need to worry about her.
Tsunami has long blue-coloured hair. She wears a short-sleeved pink shirt with the end of the sleeves and the collar being red in colour.
Prologue — Land of Waves
She is first seen when Tazuna brings Team 7 to her home and she assists with helping Kakashi after his fight with Zabuza. Later she is kidnapped by Gato's men and she threatens to kill herself if they hurt her son. Before she is placed in a position that would force her to go through with her threat, Naruto Uzumaki saves her and Inari from Gatō's men. After that she tries to convince Inari to not go to the bridge, but after seeing the reseblence of Inari's confidence to Kaiza's, she joins him and the townpeople to help the battle at the bridge.
- Tsunami (津波) literally translates to "harbour wave".
- Tsunami and Inari make a brief cameo appearance in Naruto episode 161.
- In the English anime, Tsunami does not threaten to commit suicide, but instead she tells Gatō's men that she will do "whatever they ask of her" because they are threatening Inari.
- According to the databook(s):
- Her hobbies are making western-style clothing, and gardening.