The Treasured Tools of the Sage of Six Paths (六道仙人の宝具, Rikudō Sennin no Hōgu), also known as the Six Paths Sacred Treasures (六道の神器, Rikudō no Jingi), are a set of powerful tools said to have once been wielded by the Sage of Six Paths himself. They are considered the most powerful ninja tools, and it is said those who demonstrate their power surpass even the Five Kage. However, their usage consumes an enormous amount of chakra, so much so that a normal human could die if they used them.
The five treasured tools have been handed down in Kumogakure since ancient times. Eventually, they came into the possession of the Gold and Silver Brothers. As the siblings possessed immense chakra reserves and later became imbued with a small amount of the Nine-Tails' chakra, they were capable of wielding the treasures without fatal repercussions. Using these tools, the brothers were able to drive the Second Hokage and Second Raikage to the brink of death when they ambushed them at a peace ceremony. Of the five, Kumogakure only managed to retrieve the Kohaku no Jōhei from the brothers, and the Third Raikage later used it to seal the Eight-Tails whenever it went on a rampage in the village.
Prior to the Fourth Shinobi World War, Kabuto Yakushi reincarnated the brothers, and they were once again given access to the remaining four treasured tools. During the war, they used the tools against Darui, who ultimately managed to seal them inside the Benihisago and Kohaku no Jōhei. Tenten later discovered the Bashōsen and used it to destroy at least one of Kakuzu's masks. At the end of the war's first day, Tobi appeared on the battlefield and took the tools containing the brothers in order to use the Nine-Tails' chakra inside them for his Eye of the Moon Plan, later feeding the tools to the Demonic Statue of the Outer Path to begin its transformation into the Ten-Tails. The two tools were later regurgitated by Madara Uchiha after he became the Ten-Tails' jinchūriki, as he claimed they made him feel heavy; they landed on top of Might Guy and Rock Lee. Tenten sealed the two tools within a scroll, but was unable to use them against the enemy before being caught in the Infinite Tsukuyomi. At the war's conclusion, Darui managed to release the two shinobi the brothers had trapped inside the Benihisago. Years later, the Benihisago, Kōkinjō, and Bashōsen were proudly placed on display in Tenten's weapons shop.
- Bashōsen (芭蕉扇, Literally meaning: Banana Palm Fan)
- Benihisago (紅葫蘆, Literally meaning: Crimson Gourd)
- Kohaku no Jōhei (琥珀の浄瓶, Literally meaning: Amber Purifying Pot)
- Kōkinjō (幌金縄, Literally meaning: Golden Canopy Rope)
- Shichiseiken (七星剣, Literally meaning: Seven Star Sword)
- The Treasured Tools are based on tools from the Chinese classic "Journey to the West". In this story; there are two demon king brothers, known as the Great King Kinkaku (金角大王, Kinkaku-daiō) and the Great King Ginkaku (銀角大王, Ginkaku-daiō), who live in the Lotus Cave (蓮華洞, Rengedō) on Mt Heichō (平頂山, Heichōzan). They possess five treasured tools, called the Amber Purifying Pot (琥珀の浄瓶, Kohaku no Jōhei), the Seven Star Sword (七星剣, Shichiseiken), the Banana Palm Fan (芭蕉扇, Bashōsen) the Golden Canopy Rope (幌金縄, Kōkinjō), and the Crimson Gourd (紅葫蘆, Benihisago). Amongst these, the pot and the gourd are capable of sucking in their opponents and melting them once they are trapped within.
- Replicas of the Treasure Tools appear as Substitution items in Naruto Shippūden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3, Naruto Shippūden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution, and Naruto Shippūden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Fourth Databook, page 313
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Naruto chapter 527, pages 4-5
- ↑ Naruto chapter 529, page 6
- ↑ Naruto chapter 494, page 3
- ↑ Naruto chapter 529, pages 16-17
- ↑ Naruto chapter 533, page 2
- ↑ Naruto chapter 537, page 16
- ↑ Naruto chapter 592, pages 10-11
- ↑ Naruto chapter 594, page 6
- ↑ Naruto chapter 664, pages 5-7
- ↑ Naruto chapter 677, page 7
- ↑ Naruto chapter 699, page 14
- ↑ Naruto chapter 700, page 5