FANDOM


  • The graduation exam is here, and now featuring jonin-level shinobi and a retired kage. Should be a walk in the park to graduate compared to back in the day when all they had to do was just perform the Clone Technique...

    Episode 37 is the climax of this exam.

    Episode 38 is formation of genin teams.

    Episode 39 is the Mitsuki special.

    How would you rate episode 36?
     
    4
     
    1
     
    5
     
    32
     
    102
     

    The poll was created at 10:26 on December 6, 2017, and so far 144 people voted.


    No discussion of illegal websites, videos, or links.

      Loading editor
    • Episode was pretty nice. Bolt was confirmed by Kakashi to be Chuunin-leveled already. Though that makes me wonder how will they portray him in Chuunin exam against Kumo genin.

        Loading editor
    • I bet they are mostly related majority to team seven Konohomaru= Naruto's Best Friend Anko= Team 7's Genin Protctor Kakashi- Leader team Seven Shino= Relatives Ally

        Loading editor
    • Hm, definitely drawing some parallels to the Boruto Stream and the Chidori.

        Loading editor
    • i liked it

        Loading editor
    • Did Mitsuki go SM vs Shino?

        Loading editor
    • not sure, he might have been attempting to activate sage mode, But I didnt see any of the snakes or blackened face, so it might have just been sage energy

        Loading editor
    • Vladosaurus wrote: Did Mitsuki go SM vs Shino?

      Probably, yeah.

      Wish it wasn't off-screen, but I guess that's partly why they haven't done the Mitsuki Special in the anime either; to keep it as a "surprise" (term used very loosely) for a future arc or something.

        Loading editor
    • I'm so happy with this episode! It also just confirms some of the names of Boruto's classmates! With the confirmation of Enko, Houki, and Doushu, I can't wait for their pages to be made.

        Loading editor
    • Seriously...

      Kakashi, former kage struggle against an academy student doing the same exam that even 3 Genin (team 7) that aimed for promotion to Chūnin failed to compleet. And that was a time Kakashi wasn't that that strong despite not having the Sharingan anymore.

      Even the second time when two of the Genin (naruto & sakura) where almost basicly Jōnin level Kakashi struggled.

      So to make this clear: Boruto is giving Kakashi the same pressure as 2 Jōnin would give him...

      So Boruto is already Jōnin level in terms of strength... Technically he's a "Tokubetsu Jōnin" in terms of level right now... That's just so f*ckup...


      But their is is more with the fight of Konohamaru where he litterly is fighting against two Academy Students. Konohamaru should be near Kage level right now... He basicly should be able to oneshot most of his foes:

      • Sarada Uchiha: Clearly Chūnin++
      • Sumire Kakei: Clearly Chūnin+ (former Jōnin level in terms of power)

      The only thing that made a little bit of sence was Mitsuki beating Shino.

        Loading editor
    • hey guys

        Loading editor
    • Seems as though Kakashi and the other teachers wants all the students to pass, since Konohamaru could of simply taken Wasabi's and Namida's headband off, plus they seem fine in the next episode . The students probably have to learn something before they can pass.

        Loading editor
    • Harpermorgz wrote: I'm so happy with this episode! It also just confirms some of the names of Boruto's classmates! With the confirmation of Enko, Houki, and Doushu, I can't wait for their pages to be made.

      The two from the previous episode also have their names confirmed in the credits.

        Loading editor
    • Jens Ingels wrote: Seriously...

      Kakashi, former kage struggle against an academy student doing the same exam that even 3 Genin (team 7) that aimed for promotion to Chūnin failed to compleet. And that was a time Kakashi wasn't that that strong despite not having the Sharingan anymore.

      Even the second time when two of the Genin (naruto & sakura) where almost basicly Jōnin level Kakashi struggled.

      So to make this clear: Boruto is giving Kakashi the same pressure as 2 Jōnin would give him...

      So Boruto is already Jōnin level in terms of strength... Technically he's a "Tokubetsu Jōnin" in terms of level right now... That's just so f*ckup...


      But their is is more with the fight of Konohamaru where he litterly is fighting against two Academy Students. Konohamaru should be near Kage level right now... He basicly should be able to oneshot most of his foes:

      • Sarada Uchiha: Clearly Chūnin++
      • Sumire Kakei: Clearly Chūnin+ (former Jōnin level in terms of power)

      The only thing that made a little bit of sence was Mitsuki beating Shino.

      Nah, they're not even trying. The only one who got serious was Shino, and even then he couldn't go all out because it would most likely kill Mitsuki even when using Sage Mode.

      No way Boruto is Jonin level from what was shown here.

      Kakashi obviously wasn't acting like he was against Team 7, but he clearly underestimated Boruto (Chunin level at Academy?? them naruto genes LOL) and allowed him to get in a hit. Other than that he and Konohamaru weren't serious at all. Anko is also just playing around.

      It's pretty clear when Konohamaru knocks out the other academy students with no effort at all, but is only more cautious around the ones who are close to Chunin level as they have actual jutsu to throw around.

      Sarada was pretty easily taken down, and Kakashi took down Boruto pretty quickly with simple genjutsu. We also saw Sumire get knocked out pretty easily by Sai in the Nue arc, but that was a rather serious situation. From that incident, I think it's safe to say that the proctors just don't bother if the kids have their guard up enough.

        Loading editor
    • Am I missing something here? Where was kakashi struggling in this fight? As far as I saw in that fight all of Boruto's combo fell prey to Substitution jutsu and Konhamaru knocks those kids like they were some kind of small babies caught stealing cookies. In fact Boruto is down for the count right now after a simple genjutsu. Kind of reminds me how kakashi took out sasuke.

        Loading editor
    • Okay, you guys ready for this? All the info and data regarding all of Boruto's classmates outside the core 12 (including Namida and Wasabi) that I have gathered from the episodes' credits cross-referenced by onscreen speaking and by what the novel states. Get ready, it's a doozy but use this info to aid in the creation of each character's respective pages.

      Hōki Taketori♂ is the boy in Boruto’s class who most notably wears a black mask covering his mouth, nose and neck in an exact manner to Kakashi Hatake. He has brown spiky hair and wears a light blue vest and a blue long-sleeved shirt underneath. He can be clearly seen talking to Denki and Dōshu in Episode 25, but the only character credited is Sayū Jōge, who was credited in Episode 12 where this character didn’t appear to speak at all. His name is confirmed in conversation in Episode 36 and is credited as well.

      Dōshu Goetsu♂ is the name of the brown haired boy who wears a green hat and coat. He also wears a brown rope belt and blue pants. He can clearly be seen speaking in Episodes 2 & 25 where he’s gossiping about Boruto and talking about the Hidden Mist Village field trip respectably. His name is confirmed in conversation in Episode 36 and is credited as well.

      Gen Katsugi♂ is likely the name of the bald boy in Boruto’s class. He has thick eyebrows and wears a gray scarf, light gray sleeveless shirt, and purple pants. He is seen speaking in Episode 12 telling Boruto that he can team up with him during the next exercise (at the expense of ditching Denki). The name “Gen Katsugi” is only credited in this episode as well. His name appears on Shino’s schedule for the Parent Teacher Conference in Episode 35 where he’s later interviewed by Boruto and Sukea (Kakashi in disguise) revealing that he plans to return home after the academy graduation and take over the family temple. However both the credits and IMDB page for Episode 35 credits him as “Gun Katsugi” while Episode 12 and the aforementioned conference schedule say “Gen Katsugi”.

      Kō Ase♂ (credited in the Boruto novel as “Kō Kogare”) is likely the name of the boy who bears a striking resemblance to Shibuki of Takigakure. He has brownish-purple hair tied in a ponytail and wears an elbow-length teal cloak and light blue shirt and pants. He can be seen speaking in Episodes 2 and 16, namely among the boys gossiping about Boruto. The name “Kō Ase” is also only named in the credits of these two episodes as well.

      “Glasses & Tattoo”♂ (credited in the Boruto novel as “Line Magari”) is an, as of yet, unnamed classmate of Boruto. He never has been seen speaking onscreen. He has high, spiky light brown hair and wears triangular glasses and has a purple tattoo on his left cheek. He wears a white shirt, black pants and a wide, red tie.

      Kuwa Yokobori♂ (credited in the Boruto novel as “Kuwa Yokohori”) is likely the name of the boy in Boruto’s class with black spiky hair held back by a red band. He appears to be on the chubbier side and wears a mustard yellow shirt and brown overalls with red straps. He can be seen speaking in Episodes 2 and 12 while gossiping about Boruto and helping move either a chalkboard or window with the help of two other classmates. The name “Kuwa Yokobori” is also only credited in these two episodes as well.

      Hako Kuroi♀ is a girl in Boruto’s class who’s gain a lot of popularity online despite not ever being seen speaking. She wears all black with a black cloak wrapped around her. She has long blue-purple hair and is wearing a pale blue bow on top of her head. She has had a good close up. She also sometimes can be seen carrying her pink doll around with her. She seems to use the doll in a similar manner to the Puppet Master Jutsu but so far without any visible strings. She appears to be the second shortest classmate of Boruto’s. The name “Hako Kuroi” first appeared in Episode 35 on Shino’s schedule for the Parent-Teacher Conference. She was later knocked out by Konohamaru along with Renga and Tsuru in Episode 36 and the only new name credited was that of Hako Kuroi, despite only gasping. However both Renga and Tsuru also lacked dialog but their vocalizations were also credited.

      Tsuru Itoi♀ is the name of the girl in Boruto’s class with long black hair wearing a yellow jacket. She also wears a black crop top with her midriff exposed and black short skirt. She can be seen prominently speaking throughout Episode 4 and is credited as Tsuru Itoi. She is later knocked out by Konohamaru in Episode 36 along with Renga and Hako and, despite her and her classmates lack of dialog, was credited.

      Ahiru Ikegawa♀ is likely the name of girl in Boruto’s class with maroon hair and wearing a pink shirt with a pale rose, long sleeve undershirt and green short shorts. She can be seen speaking in Episodes 4, 16 and 25 and the name “Ahiru Ikegawa” is also credited in all three.

      Jei Jei♂ is the name of the boy in Boruto’s class with the sleeked forward, 70’s style hairstyle. He wears a blue jacket with a white undershirt. While Jei Jei was credited in Episode 2, it was at the time unclear which character he was as another boy was also credited and this being the only episode at the time where either character spoke. However in Episode 33 this character is again clearly speaking and is credited as Jei Jei, thus confirming his name due to no other background character having a speaking role besides him, Wasabi and Namida.

      Tora Buni♀ (credited in the Boruto novel as “Nitora Take”) is the name of a girl in Boruto’s class with long blonde hair. She is easily the shortest member of Boruto’s class. She wears a light gray crop topped vest and gray undershirt with fishnet around the neck. She is only seen speaking in Episode 35 and mentioned that after shadowing non-shinobi workplaces for class, she had decided to stay in the Academy after graduation to continue on the middle grade curriculum. Interestingly this girl is credited as “Nitora Take” in the Boruto novel and the name also appears on Shino’s schedule for the parent-teacher conference, but the credits of the episode name her as “Tora Buni”.

      Renga Kokubō♂ is a boy in Boruto’s class with black spiky hair and wears a sleeveless brown shirt, yellow-orange belt and light gray pants. He also wears gray gloves. While Renga was credited in Episode 2, it was at the time unclear which character he was as another boy was also credited and this being the only episode at the time where either character spoke. However the other boy, Jei Jei, was later credited in Episode 33, thus confirming that this character must be Renga. Renga was also credited in Episode 36 despite only making grunts and gasps along with Tsuru and Hako.

      Enko Okuma♀ (credited in the Boruto novel as “Enko Onikuma”) is the name of the girl in Boruto’s class with the short brown hair. She most notably wears long brown armbands that cover her hands all the up to her mid-bicep. These armbands are wrapped with a black lace and also have cat paws on the inside of her hands. She wears a sleeves sky blue blouse with buttons running down the front and a purple collar. She can be seen speaking in Episodes 4 and 25 and is credited as “Enko Okuma” in both. She is among the many girls to swoon over Kagura Karatachi in Episode 25. Enko was confirmed and directed by name in Episode 36.

      Sayū Jōge♂ is the name of the boy in Boruto’s class with the long black hair tied neatly into a ponytail. He wears a long red shirt with black stitches or buttons running down along the front. He can only be heard talking briefly in Episode 12 during the obstacle course exercise but the only other name not already attributed to another character is “Sayū Jōge” which is also credited in Episode 25, in which this character clearly does not speak.

      “White Hat Girl”♀ (credited in the Boruto novel as “Tanpopo Doteno”) is an, as of yet, unnamed girl in Boruto’s class with brown, curly hair coming out from behind her white hat. She has a slightly more tanned skin than the others in her class (with the exception of Chōchō). She wears a black, long-sleeved shirt and yellow pants. Her pants appear to be bunched up at the waist as if too big for her and that they’re held in place by white belt.

        Loading editor
    • Namikazenaruto9 wrote: Am I missing something here? Where was kakashi struggling in this fight? As far as I saw in that fight all of Boruto's combo fell prey to Substitution jutsu and Konhamaru knocks those kids like they were some kind of small babies caught stealing cookies. In fact Boruto is down for the count right now after a simple genjutsu. Kind of reminds me how kakashi took out sasuke.

      Agreed. If Kakashi wanted to, he could've literally have done that from the beginning. It's just he was caught off guard at how much Boruto was already capable of, but nonetheless shrugged off practically every attack like it was nothing.

      Though Mitsuki with Sage Mode is probably on the level of a Jonin, and could barely defeat Shino who wasn't using the full extent of his powers.

        Loading editor
    • @Hidanprime
      That some collection of data. Why don't you make those pages, after all the info seems legit. If there are mistakes I am pretty sure other contributors might correct it.
      @Untapped rage
      I am actually genuinely curious about that Mitsuki Vs Shino. It could have been real great fight. From Mitsuki's words it seems like Shino held back somewhat but it is something which could be debatable however I don't think Mitsuki used Sage mode against Shino.

        Loading editor
    • Pretty sure he was trying to enter Sage Mode, as that chakra cloak only appears on him when he's gathering nature energy...

      We'll probably find out from a flashback or some dialogue from either Shino or Mitsuki.

      "Yo Naruto, Orochimaru's son has Sage Mode"

        Loading editor
    • UntappedRage wrote: Pretty sure he was trying to enter Sage Mode, as that chakra cloak only appears on him when he's gathering nature energy...

      We'll probably find out from a flashback or some dialogue from either Shino or Mitsuki.

      "Yo Naruto, Orochimaru's son has Sage Mode"

      Well Orochimaru and Hiruzen too produced Chakra cloak in their fight in part-1. I thought it was just him releasing his chakra like Tobirama or Hashirama. I could be wrong though.

        Loading editor
    • Why are people so retarded, its so obvious that the adults arent trying vs 11 year olds. Its a skill assessment not a death match. Further why is it so surprising that Boruto is chunin level? Its been reiterated multiple times that he's a genius. Theere have been many geniuses in the narutoverse. What Kakashi's trying to do now is humble him, because though innocent now that ego could make him a problem later, especially with his deep seated insecurity about his father. If Boruto were born in naruto's original time period he wouldve been a killer already. There kids in times of peace, people need to stop bitching about it. I think the movie scarred so now everyone feels he's supposed to be incompetent, because they dont understand the true meaning of the movie.

        Loading editor
    • @Namikazenaruto9 Oh, I would totally make the pages myself if I knew I could. As much time as I have to dissect background characters, I honestly don't have as much to learn how to create individual pages. I've only recently learned basic editing on Wikias and do occasional fact-checking and spelling/grammar checks. I've only created two pages ever, one on the Star Wars wiki and the Land of Mountain Streams here. And I only aided in info gathering for the Land of Mountain Streams while someone else did the work.

        Loading editor
    • @HidanPrime
      http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Forms
      Go to above link click on character and write the name, If page exist the existing articles shows up or else new page with all option would show up..
      Sayū Jōge tried my first page creation.

        Loading editor
    • Good episode that ends on a nice cliffhanger. I forgot how terrifying Kakashi can be when he's serious.

        Loading editor
    • He's either the most chill dude in Konoha, or the most strict.

        Loading editor
    • Seelentau
      Seelentau removed this reply because:
      .
      20:54, December 6, 2017
      This reply has been removed
    • I wish mitsuki's fight wasn't off screen

        Loading editor
    • to be honest this was my favourite episode so far because Boruto and his classmates finally get the talk of how real the ninja world it but they don't pay attention (which irritates me), all of the teachers and Kakashi should hold their own against them. I also don't like how Boruto is being described as a chunin-level, just because he's the main character these things shouldn't be said about him. I hope that in the next episode no one gets the bell and Kakashi gives them another lecture about the real ninja world and this time they actually listen.

        Loading editor
    • Jens Ingels wrote: Kakashi, former kage struggle against an academy student doing the same exam that even 3 Genin (team 7) that aimed for promotion to Chūnin failed to compleet. And that was a time Kakashi wasn't that that strong despite not having the Sharingan anymore.

      No, no really. If he doesn't bring out Chidori, it's not serious.

      Jens Ingels wrote: He basicly should be able to oneshot most of his foes

      What on earth makes you think these teachers are going to go all out against their students? The entire point of this exam is evolution, to see beyond classes and classmates and to think like a proper ninja, to act like proper ninja. If they oneshotted their students, then the students wouldn't learn the lessons here.

      Namikazenaruto9 wrote: From Mitsuki's words it seems like Shino held back somewhat but it is something which could be debatable however I don't think Mitsuki used Sage mode against Shino.

      Shino has those parasitic giant insects that could kill Mitsuki quite easily. Which is probably what he held back and probably why shino said "i can't kill a student now can i?"

      NeedleJizo wrote: Good episode that ends on a nice cliffhanger. I forgot how terrifying Kakashi can be when he's serious.

      I loved it. I missed these old tricks. Substitutions, area genjutsu. Boruto both acting like his father and totally unlike his father. I like that Kakashi is both insanely fast and silent.

      But yea, of all the people there Kakashi knows what dangerous geniuses look like, and Boruto is definitely one of them. Not like sasuke's "guilt-ridden and hellbent on vengeance", but rather a laid-back kid who takes nothing serious when he really should.

      Of course the point is that despite their conflict of interest, these kids have to work together. Not as a 3-man cell, but as an entire class. I thought it was cleverly done, Kakashi doesn't say that only one can pass, only that they pass if they catch the bell and that there's only one bell.

        Loading editor
    • The strongest of the bunch are:

      • Mitsuki (Jounin level)
      • Boruto (Chunin level)
      • Sarada (Chunin level)
      • Sumire (Chunin level)
      • Iwabe (Genin level)

      But Sumire would probably kill even Mitsuki if Nue were to absorb enough chakra and get to its full size.

        Loading editor
    • @Elveonora Pretty much. Although it don't think Shino is officially a Jonin, it was confirmed that he is Jonin level. Mitsuki matching him proves that he is also around Jonin level. He has SM after all. I'm not sold on on Sumire instead.She displayed some good feats in the Nue arc, but now she seems to be lacking a bit.She acts all worried again and it's like her prowess just vanished.Nue is also pretty much useless right now as seen.I think even Team Ino-Shika-Cho could take her on individually. Sarada is also kind of questionable, but she did display some impressive feats in the 7 ninja swordsmen arc. Her lack of mastery of the sharingan is a little problematic though...

        Loading editor
    • @Killman
      Did you consider the possibility that Mitsuki's snakes can eat the insects? Or did you forget about the food chain.
      To be very honest before I give my verdict I would actually like to see that fight especially because I don't think Mitsuki used Sage Mode.

        Loading editor
    • @Namikaze I'm fairly certain he did. The chakra around him just matches with how his Sage Mode looks. It's definitely foreshadowing his hidden trump card.

      I don't think it's just him releasing his chakra. It's just seldom shown and I think it's just more likely he was entering his Sage Mode, as Shino would honestly probably be too powerful for base Mitsuki. I'm fairly certain, from what we've seen he was capable of during the war, he could've killed Mitsuki if he used some of his deadlier techniques.

      Also note the scenery, it's just utterly annihilated. Some Jounin-level combat right there.

        Loading editor
    • Mitsuki's SM does raise a question, why go all out on your teacher(shino),but not Shizuma who was trying to kill him and Boruto?

        Loading editor
    • Hidanprime wrote: @Namikazenaruto9 Oh, I would totally make the pages myself if I knew I could. As much time as I have to dissect background characters, I honestly don't have as much to learn how to create individual pages. I've only recently learned basic editing on Wikias and do occasional fact-checking and spelling/grammar checks. I've only created two pages ever, one on the Star Wars wiki and the Land of Mountain Streams here. And I only aided in info gathering for the Land of Mountain Streams while someone else did the work.

      mkay, the pages were added.

      Now I expect all of you who demanded them to put some work into them!! :)

        Loading editor
    • Chuunin level isn't far of from a genin. Heck the chuunin exams are even close to graduation anyways, plus basically every ninja attains the rank of chuunin so it shouldn't be a big deal if kakashi said boruto was chuunin level. And also the proctors weren't going all out, even shino who had to fight (possible sage mode) Mitsuki didn't go all out

        Loading editor
    • it was definitely sage mode mitsuki that he fought due to the chakra shroud, I thought it was just him releasing his chakra, but obviously his sage mode makes him gain a cyan chakra shroud, and plus they didnt even show us the fight

        Loading editor
    • Who is to say that his chakra just happens to be cyan? Well, I am.

        Loading editor
    • That was awesome. Nue,Sharingan, classic Episode 3 and 4 Kakashi. Bummer we didn't actually see Mitsuki use his Sage Mode. I was so excited too. Still back to Kakashi. Boruto tried the EXACT same tricks as Naruto did and ended up with the same results. Kakashi said he was good all around. Not completely true. He's not good with Genjutsu, Senjutsu or sealing or anything beyond Ninjutsu and Taijutsu. Now Anko was classic Anko as well. Still has the snakes, still did the lip lick thing she did in the chunin exams.

        Loading editor
    • BerserkerPhantom wrote:

      Hidanprime wrote: @Namikazenaruto9 Oh, I would totally make the pages myself if I knew I could. As much time as I have to dissect background characters, I honestly don't have as much to learn how to create individual pages. I've only recently learned basic editing on Wikias and do occasional fact-checking and spelling/grammar checks. I've only created two pages ever, one on the Star Wars wiki and the Land of Mountain Streams here. And I only aided in info gathering for the Land of Mountain Streams while someone else did the work.

      mkay, the pages were added.

      Now I expect all of you who demanded them to put some work into them!! :)

      Well Enko and Hōki now have pages. Now we just need them for Dōshu Goetsu, Gen Katsugi, Kō Ase/Kō Kogare, Line Magari, Kuwa Yokobori/Kuwa Yokohori, Hako Kuroi, Tsuru Itoi, Ahiru Ikegawa, Jei Jei, Tora Buni/Nitora Take, Renga Kokubō, Sayū Jōge and Tanpopo Doteno.

        Loading editor
    • Namikazenaruto9 wrote: @Killman
      Did you consider the possibility that Mitsuki's snakes can eat the insects? Or did you forget about the food chain.

      This implies he would know about these insects and what they do. Among the many variants of insects Shino uses, he easily could slip in deadlier ones.

      UntappedRage wrote: I'm fairly certain he did. The chakra around him just matches with how his Sage Mode looks. It's definitely foreshadowing his hidden trump card.

      Yea he either entered his sage mode or tried to.

      MightAbdul wrote: Chuunin level isn't far of from a genin.

      No, not really. Genin level is just the entry-level ninja rank, and it contains all sorts of ninja including ones that are Kage-level power-wise (IE Naruto). Genin simply have a huge spread in power ranks, and so naturally some will be close to or exceeding Chunin capabilities.

        Loading editor
    • MajoraSolaris wrote: That was awesome. Nue,Sharingan, classic Episode 3 and 4 Kakashi. Bummer we didn't actually see Mitsuki use his Sage Mode. I was so excited too. Still back to Kakashi. Boruto tried the EXACT same tricks as Naruto did and ended up with the same results. Kakashi said he was good all around. Not completely true. He's not good with Genjutsu, Senjutsu or sealing or anything beyond Ninjutsu and Taijutsu. Now Anko was classic Anko as well. Still has the snakes, still did the lip lick thing she did in the chunin exams.

      You're making an assumption that he's not good at genjutsu, he's not his father, remember that. Furthermore senjutsu is not a wholesale ninja thing, so thats irrelevant rn. We have seen him seal and summon ninja tools.
      
        Loading editor
    • Since I don't feel like quoting a massive quote stack in the making, I see people like thekillman saying, "If Kakashi doesn't bring out the Raikiri, he's not serious!" People are forgetting that without the Sharingan, the Raikiri/Chidori is a completely impractical technique that is more likely to get you killed in combat, which is why after the Fourth Ninja War Kakashi retired it and moved on to his Purple Electricity technique.

        Loading editor
    • Another episode that presents Boruto in an opposite way of his Boruto the movie self. So he gets Kakashi's approval that he is chunin level by the time he is still in the academy, yet in the movie he used the Kote to defeat the bubble boy and almost failed the first 2 exams as well. BS. And the funny thing is that after the movie ARC, Boruto started again to be OP as seen with the Mujinda Bandits and his sparing with Naruto.

        Loading editor
    • I was a little disappointed to not see Mitsuki vs Shino, it feels like we see barely any of the old gang in action; of course the anime is now focused on Boruto's generation but I'd like to see what some of the guys during Naruto's time are like now, hopefully we see that in future.

      I'm hoping that we see the whole group battle against Anko as well as the rest of Sarada and Sumire vs Konohamaru, assuming that there is actually more to the battle.

      It was good to see Kakashi back in action, I look forward to watching the rest of the battle to see how Boruto compares to his father. I was hoping that Boruto unintentionally activates his dojutsu during the battle (why or how that would happen, I don't know) so that someone else has witnesses it, preferably someone who will then report it back to Naruto since it seems like Boruto's classmates that may have seen it in the past seem to keep it to themselves.

      In my opinion, if Boruto's other classmates who have only recently been identified are actually going to be of any significance in the series, it'd be great to actually see what they can do (and if they had a bit more significant screentime) or otherwise they're just unnecessary. Same thing with Denki, I know that his Ninjutsu is in a near non-existant state right now, but he seems like a rather useless character at the moment (Why not follow in Metal's footsteps and improve his taijutsu?!).

        Loading editor
    • Vladosaurus wrote: Another episode that presents Boruto in an opposite way of his Boruto the movie self. So he gets Kakashi's approval that he is chunin level by the time he is still in the academy, yet in the movie he used the Kote to defeat the bubble boy and almost failed the first 2 exams as well. BS. And the funny thing is that after the movie ARC, Boruto started again to be OP as seen with the Mujinda Bandits and his sparing with Naruto.

      No, it doesn't. Boruto has always been intended to be a prodigy. He didn't use Kote due to lack of ability, but because he got tricked by Katasuke.

        Loading editor
    • Vladosaurus wrote: Another episode that presents Boruto in an opposite way of his Boruto the movie self. So he gets Kakashi's approval that he is chunin level by the time he is still in the academy, yet in the movie he used the Kote to defeat the bubble boy and almost failed the first 2 exams as well. BS. And the funny thing is that after the movie ARC, Boruto started again to be OP as seen with the Mujinda Bandits and his sparing with Naruto.

      Even in the movie he was praised for his actual skill by Sasuke , and Konohamaru.

        Loading editor
    • My point is that the movie made little sense. Boruto didn't need to rely on the Kote for neither of his battles.I mean he already has techniques that way surpasses his feats with the Kote. I'm not implying that the movie was right or anything.I'm actually implying the other way around. The movie was the first ever shown of Boruto's ability, and everybody got mislead seeing the movie and got the wrong idea of Boruto.

      Need i remind everybody how we were arguing Boruto's vs threads even here on the Wikia when we only knew about Boruto's feats from the movie?

      Now with the anime and the manga it makes sense that Boruto is a prodigy. The movie was mostly misleading. That's at least how i see things.

        Loading editor
    • Well, that's what lack of context does, mislead.

        Loading editor
    • There's actually a chance that the anime will present Boruto's use of Kote during the Chunin Exams (during the Versus Momoshiki Arc adaptation) in another way that would explain why Boruto used it despite having enough sheer abilities on his own. As for now, it seems like he was just too lazy to use them while wielding Kote.

        Loading editor
    • Namikazenaruto9 wrote: @Killman
      Did you consider the possibility that Mitsuki's snakes can eat the insects? Or did you forget about the food chain.

      Oh yeah, that food chain where Shino's bugs grow to the size of a volkswagon and eat giant ten tails monsters from the inside out.

      The thing that has really been bugging me about this thread is all the assumptions towards the teachers.

      All four of them have been called Jonin level and the only one who doesn't possess that title is Shino who didn't need it for his job.

      When Shino was taken over by negativity, it was basically said it's a good thing he was out of his damn mind or he would have killed the kids, that being Boruto, Shikadai and Mitsuki. Now Mitsuki is obviously stronger than they supposed, but if we look at Shino's entire career, the dude was ruthless, one of his earliest quotes is that no matter how insignificant his opponent, he'll not go easy on them, proven when he blew off a dude's arms, nearly murdered Kankuro, was the only opponent Obito actively retreated from and again, has giant flesh eating insects! It is said outright that he didn't use some of his bugs on Mitsuki because he didn't want to kill him, proving that Shino, despite his specialities in tracking and creative forms of murder, did not want to take out Mitsuki, and thus was not fighting at full strength.

      The exact same, in various degrees applies to the others.

      Anko is a Special Jonin who was trained by Orochimaru, she's fast, she's strong and has a technique reserved for pulling off a murder/suicide with opponents stronger than she is.

      Konohamaru is a jonin who was taught by Naruto and took down one of Pain's bodies during the invasion of Konoha, we saw him knocking out kids with single blows, and while Nue and the Sharingan caught him by surprise, this is no different from the first bell test when Kakashi was surprised by the dumb shit Naruto did, or that Sasuke literally tried to set him on fire.

      Kakashi in that regard, isn't serious, not because he hasn't used Lightning Blade/Chidori/Purple Lightning, but because he hasn't used a single technique that isn't in the Genin handbook. Basic replacement, genjutsu, taijutsu, he hasn't gone beyond this and is currently in the position to shatter Boruto's arm if he's so inclined. Just because Boruto surprised him once or twice, the fact that he's recovered and still has the bell means that Kakashi is still in control of the situation.

      Long story short, Just because the kids have 'beaten' the sensei, or have caught them by surprise does not mean they're currently stronger, Shino wasn't trying to kill people, Anko and Konohamaru are wearing kid gloves for this and Kakashi is here solely to knock some sense into Boruto.

        Loading editor
    • Yep , I totally agree. Something else that proves your point Hawkeye is the fact that Konohamaru while knocking the kids out doesn't take their headbands off. The teachers are not testing he kids strength( because we know if it was a serious fight these teachers would go for killing blows) but instead testing them on how a true ninja should think if placed in a dangerous situation .

        Loading editor
    • DXAshram wrote: People are forgetting that without the Sharingan, the Raikiri/Chidori is a completely impractical technique that is more likely to get you killed in combat, which is why after the Fourth Ninja War Kakashi retired it and moved on to his Purple Electricity technique.

      You can just edit quotes the same way you edit posts. Anyway, it doesn't matter. Kakashi is fast enough that applying Chidori to these kids isn't a problem if he wanted to, and else he'd be using Purple Lightning or whatever. Point is, he isn't using lethal techniques and so it's not serious. Nor is it intended to be serious, this isn't the Blood Mist. And as others have mentioned by now, none of those headbands have been removed.

      Vladosaurus wrote: My point is that the movie made little sense. Boruto didn't need to rely on the Kote for neither of his battles.

      Boruto didn't rely on the Kote because he had to. He relied on the Kote because Katasuke made him rely on the Kote. Rather than train his techniques and prepare his strategies, he knew he could just use the kote to get out of any problem. And he did. Against Bubble Guy he briefly considered throwing a real Shuriken before relying on the Kote. He didn't even try his own power. Katasuke told him that the Kote was everything he desired (namely, attention from his father) and so Boruto began to rely on it. This is also the point that Ao and others make, namely that the tech in itself isn't evil, you just shouldn't rely on it. Or as Tony stark put it, "if you're nothing without the suit, you shouldn't have it".

      Boruto was already shown to be complacent and easygoing, and it looks like it's only getting worse.

      Now, you're right in that the context change, and so the interpretation changed. (Or rather, in the absence of context we simply assumed a context). Boruto cheated because he didn't take things serious enough, because to him everything is just a game and there's always a retry.

        Loading editor
    • Since the Mitsuki special is just a few episodes away, I'm now 100% sure his chakra shroud here was to foreshadow his Sage Mode. He definitely used it against Shino.

      Also, I'm fairly certain the anime adaptation of the Momoshiki arc will definitely change Boruto's main motivation for using the Kote as in the anime he clearly states he does not like cheating. They confirmed not too long ago there would be some major alterations.

      Hopefully the fight between Naruto and Momoshiki in the stadium as well as on the unknown planet will be a bit more stretched out with some more actions scenes, and make it resemble the manga a bit. Personally I thought the manga fight was better. Naruto was just cool af there.

      LeG0at wrote: Mitsuki's SM does raise a question, why go all out on your teacher(shino),but not Shizuma who was trying to kill him and Boruto?

      Shizuma is definitely nowhere near Shino's level of strength. You see what the guy did during the fights he had? Dude was basically unstoppable. Shizuma would get eaten by this dude.

        Loading editor
    • The Momoshiki anime fight will most likely be identical to what happened in the Manga + some new anime stuff to stretch the battles out because the Manga version was pretty short.

        Loading editor
    • Looks like the Kakashi looking kid has his own team, wonder if they will be focused on or not, honestly I want to see shinobis who are not prodigies, but they make their way to the top just like Naruto, Sakura, Lee, Tenten (though Naruto was an Uzumaki, he was still a failure), This era only showcased Denki to be the Lee,others being Konoha 11 kids but however the last ep was dope, I loved every action and story too. Kakashis substitution is by far the best moment for me, I crack everytime I see him doing it with a trunk. Now for the Character Specials

        Loading editor
    • Don't worry, watch Denki follow the classic cliche where he grows into the most deep-voiced Pony-tailed Kimono-clad Ninja Tech Master bad ass.

        Loading editor
    • they just had to ruin this perfect episode? like, the only one I really liked, and they fucked it up. lol chunnin lvl boruto? he did exactly the same as academy sasuke on his test against kakashi, and that same sasuke (but later on, and with shatingan) lost to base lee with weights, who was a real chunnin lvl nigga. u legit wanna tell me that boruto is on that lvl right now? and don't even get me started on boruto's lighting jutsu (the one with the kunai). it fucking sasuke two fucking years to learn that. like, just how?? oh, and then there's mitsuki, who could barely use lightening jutsu 10 eps ago, much less sage transformation, but now, apparently has used both to the max lvl, outta nowhere, and at perfect will... whats wrong with these writers ] man?

        Loading editor
    • Most of Mitsuki's abilities were barely shown including his mastery over them. He seems to be able to enter Sage Mode at will like normal users of it just by gathering nature energy.

      It's not solely on Boruto's ninjutsu or taijutsu prowess that puts him at Chunin-level. His strategies and ability to adapt in combat are what makes him Chunin-level. There are also a bunch of fodder Chunin everywhere.

      He's just a natural prodigy.

      Still doesn't change the fact he got bamboozled left and right by two of the most basic jutsu known to shinobi lool

        Loading editor
    • HahmezHiraishin wrote:

      MajoraSolaris wrote: That was awesome. Nue,Sharingan, classic Episode 3 and 4 Kakashi. Bummer we didn't actually see Mitsuki use his Sage Mode. I was so excited too. Still back to Kakashi. Boruto tried the EXACT same tricks as Naruto did and ended up with the same results. Kakashi said he was good all around. Not completely true. He's not good with Genjutsu, Senjutsu or sealing or anything beyond Ninjutsu and Taijutsu. Now Anko was classic Anko as well. Still has the snakes, still did the lip lick thing she did in the chunin exams.

      You're making an assumption that he's not good at genjutsu, he's not his father, remember that. Furthermore senjutsu is not a wholesale ninja thing, so thats irrelevant rn. We have seen him seal and summon ninja tools.
      

      He has shown no affinity for any genjutsu. At this point its assumed he has the basic genjutsu release. I musta forgotten about him sealing and summoning tools. I've watched every episode as it came out. I haven't rewatched them yet.

        Loading editor
    • Lorenzo.r.2nd wrote: they just had to ruin this perfect episode? like, the only one I really liked, and they fucked it up. lol chunnin lvl boruto? he did exactly the same as academy sasuke on his test against kakashi, and that same sasuke (but later on, and with shatingan) lost to base lee with weights, who was a real chunnin lvl nigga. u legit wanna tell me that boruto is on that lvl right now? and don't even get me started on boruto's lighting jutsu (the one with the kunai). it fucking sasuke two fucking years to learn that. like, just how?? oh, and then there's mitsuki, who could barely use lightening jutsu 10 eps ago, much less sage transformation, but now, apparently has used both to the max lvl, outta nowhere, and at perfect will... whats wrong with these writers ] man?

      Why bring this up now? Boruto used lightning style back in episode 28, while Mitsuki used lightning style way back in episode 6.

        Loading editor
    • Actually Mitsuki was created by Orochimaru 6 times, with the one we know being the 6th, SPECIFICALLY to use Sage Mode. He also is the child of the person who wants to know every jutsu there is. He's gonna know lightning style. Also on Boruto. He's an Uzumaki/Hyuga. He's a frickin prodigy. He is going to be chunin level.

        Loading editor
    • @malm I only caught up the other day (I was behind... a lot lol). @major even tho that happened, those are all 6 different people. and I don't think he was created to use SAGE TRASNFORMATION (not sm. sm needs legit training instead of curse marks and such). so, just cuz he has a greedy ass daddy (whom, btw, killed almost everybody he cared about, so why care bout this now??), he will know that type of jutsu?.... hinata was a hyuga. even more than boruto. batter blood than boruto as well. this kid is a mutt, and not a pure blood in the first place. he is going to be chunnin lvl is one thing, but saying that an academy student is currently chunnin lvl is something entirely different. do u really think that if we threw boruto in naruto's chunnin exams, that he would get even past choji or shikamaru? cuz that's basically what kakashi, and everybody else on the anime (not manga. the manga seems to be more coherent and logical than this trash)... ps even if mitsuki had senjutsu, how did he beat shino (I believe that shino said that he was holding back or something like, so correct me if im wrong, but like still, really?)? shouldn't shino be one of those higher lvld jonin? the same guy who beat kankuro like he was nothing, and then almost killed obito that one time (in the forest, when obito wasn't paying attention, but like, come on, even kakashi had a hard time). he should have been able to beat academy Naruto if he had sm right?

        Loading editor
    • The reason that this episode has to be my favorite one so far is that Kakashi pretty much flat out says what we're all thinking. This generation just doesn't have what the last one did and he's addressing it right now. Kudos to my man Kakashi for teaching these kids what it's really like to be a ninja.

        Loading editor
    • I loved the episode.

      To anyone thinking that Kakashi is legitimately struggling, just remember that Kakashi himself passed the Chunin Exams at age 6. He's not being serious.

        Loading editor
    • @Lorenzo He might beat Choji. There's practically nobody in the series that can beat Shikamaru in strategy. I think Asuma could, Kakashi probably can, Itachi definitely could, most of the Kage could,the Sannnin could, Madrara and Obito could, and the rain trio aka Yahiko Konan and Nagato could. Those are all pretty strong people mind you, so its not surprising.

      @AsianReaper Damn! I forgot about that. I knew it was young just not that young.

        Loading editor
    • @MajoraSolaris right? He's pretty awesome.

      Anyways, I love how it's Kakashi who's putting Boruto in his place, since it makes sense given their parallels. Both are child-prodigies who were at least Chunin level from a young age. Kakashi of all people knows how important it is to have more than just raw abilities in the field. When he went with just his talent, one of his teammates died. Kakashi can see that they have ability, but Boruto's easygoing nature is rubbing off in the wrong way to the rest of the class; if they don't take these exams seriously, they won't take the field seriously. And that could get them killed.

      Idk. I love watching Kakashi doing his best to ensure his own mistakes aren't repeated in the next generation.

      Also it was pretty great how freaked out the kids were by Kakashi.

        Loading editor
    • That was pretty great. It was funny "Like father, like son. You're so impatient." That's so true its actually kinda ironic because Boruto doesn't want to be anything like Naruto, yet he's basically a Naruto proxy. Boruto tried the exact same tricks Naruto pulled on Kakashi with the same results as Naruto. Ahhhhh the nostalgia.

        Loading editor
    • Kakashi action though, he wrecked boruto. Did you guys see the spoilers for the next episodes?

        Loading editor
    • yeah. and we got to see some anko action. I like her man. shame that they made her such a side character. she is still strong af lol she stopped chocho's attacks like shit, and this chocho is stronger than the one that fought against shin

        Loading editor
    • @everyone who thinks any of the proctors are struggling

      Madara said it best: "What adult goes full force when fighting mere children?"

      Holding back to prevent oneself from killing the opponent makes fights less easy to weigh in on. Does anyone believe Momoshiki was more powerful than Naruto when he interrupted the Chunin Exams? Naruto could have killed Momoshiki in an instant with a Biju Bomb but at the cost of nuking the entire stadium and everyone in it. So Naruto had to hold back for everyone else's sake. This made the fight more even on Momoshiki's part. Same goes when trying to capture a hostile enemy for interrogation. Kakashi mentions that it puts the fight in the enemy's favor. Same goes for trying to teach children combat lessons. That's why Kakashi says, "come at me with the intent to kill" because he's fully aware that they couldn't at an all-out battle and if both sides were holding back it doesn't change the odds. But when one side has the intent to kill and the other is purposely holding back it tips the scales. It's fights like Sumire vs Naruto and Sai that much more tricky. Naruto couldn't risk powering himself up to one shot her with the risk that the Nue would only absorb his chakra and make itself (and subsequently Sumire) that much more lethal. Sumire was very likely going in with the intent to kill while both Naruto and Sai were holding back but with intent to neutralize the threat. If that meant killing her, I'm sure Naruto would have reluctantly killed her if given the chance that he could if he was guaranteed the safety of the village. And even with Sumire's advantage at this, she still was bodied by Sai and Naruto. Had Naruto came at Sasuke with the intent to kill before Sasuke fully awaken CM2 like he unintentionally didn't during their rooftop scuffle, Naruto easily could have won. But the outcome would have resulted in an unfavorable outcome for Naruto, the death of Sasuke.

      Truth is most people have a hard time seeing the full picture with both sides' point of view. Excluding Mitsuki (as he's very much a wildcard) these would 100% be the outcomes of the proctors vs the students in an all out fight: Inojin, Chocho, Shikadai and Iwabee dead against Anko. Hako, Tsuru, Renga, Wasabi, Namida, Sumire and Sarada dead against Konohamaru. Boruto dead against Kakashi. In fact, all 27 students dead against the proctors if not Kakashi alone.

      I left Mitsuki vs Shino out because that's not a guarantee mainly because we aren't exactly sure how strong Mitsuki is with Sage Mode. Would he be in a "league of his own" like Jiraiya and Naruto were compared to even top tier Jonin? Unlikely, but that's just a guess. I don't believe Mitsuki literally came at Shino with the intent to kill based on his demeanour after the fight. However, we know for a fact that Shino was holding back and with the outcome seemingly very even. Based on Mitsuki's unknown strengths at full power Sage Mode vs Shino in a full death battle; I'd say Shino would win 90% of the time based on what we've seen of Mitsuki and the unknowns of his true strengths.

        Loading editor
    • well, although mitsuki is easily a legit chunnin lvl character, his powers depend on his base stats, so if he doenst have high chakra lvls, his senjutsu would suck, and if he doesn't have good chakra control, he could die and/or kill someone. oh, and if the only jutsu he has that is not his body modification thingy (im talking bout his lightning jutsu, btw), then he would lose anyways. he would be likely stronger than shino physically, but not faster, nor smarter, nor anything else besides for that. like, I can shino winning against konohamaru, and also see konohamaru winning against mitsuki, so it makes sense that shino would be stronger than mitsuki anyways (mitsuki could've won using the good old Naruto vs kabuto tactics aka get him stuck somewhere and hit him with a one shot jutsu)

        Loading editor
    • Lorenzo.r.2nd wrote: @malm I only caught up the other day (I was behind... a lot lol). @major even tho that happened, those are all 6 different people. and I don't think he was created to use SAGE TRASNFORMATION (not sm. sm needs legit training instead of curse marks and such). so, just cuz he has a greedy ass daddy (whom, btw, killed almost everybody he cared about, so why care bout this now??), he will know that type of jutsu?.... hinata was a hyuga. even more than boruto. batter blood than boruto as well. And yes I believe that a Boruto growing up in Naruto's time period would probably be a chunin already if not recruited to the anbu because of his special genes.this kid is a mutt, and not a pure blood in the first place. he is going to be chunnin lvl is one thing, but saying that an academy student is currently chunnin lvl is something entirely different. do u really think that if we threw boruto in naruto's chunnin exams, that he would get even past choji or shikamaru? cuz that's basically what kakashi, and everybody else on the anime (not manga. the manga seems to be more coherent and logical than this trash)... ps even if mitsuki had senjutsu, how did he beat shino (I believe that shino said that he was holding back or something like, so correct me if im wrong, but like still, really?)? shouldn't shino be one of those higher lvld jonin? the same guy who beat kankuro like he was nothing, and then almost killed obito that one time (in the forest, when obito wasn't paying attention, but like, come on, even kakashi had a hard time). he should have been able to beat academy Naruto if he had sm right?

      Would you calm down, its not surprising he is chunin level... The kid is a PRODIGY... look it up and deal with it. Stop hating the character based on first impressions, itachi and kakashi we're legit killing ppl at this age. The only difference is the time period. Boruto's generation know nothing of what being a ninja originally meant, hence to him its like whatever i'm just being a ninja cause its cool and i want to bother my father.
      
        Loading editor
    • Mitsuki went Sage Mode? Holy shit

      Also Kakashi clone got a name! LIT

        Loading editor
    • Chunin level at not even 12? Damn the kid is almost as gifted as Itachi. This doesn't bother me that he is such a genius but this is a bit annoying that the other kids don't seem THAT far from him.

      Like, Sarada seems to be almost as good and I don't understand how the hell so many kids can perform such complex jutsus with nature transformation while they didn't even graduate yet. That's ok for Iwabe as he is older but...

      I mean... how can all those kids be a threat to Anko...

      Also: Good episode! I'm eager to see the formation of the trios and the jounins they will be assigned to! I think that only Boruto/Sarada/Mitsuki, Ino/Chika/Cho, Metal/Iwabe/the rich kid (even though he shouldnt but nvm), Sumire and the two girls will graduate. Or better, Sumire instead of rich kid and that's it.

        Loading editor
    • Anko is outnumbered and has to go a little easy so she doesn't murder them. Granted she does still have the snakes which was a bit unexpected to be honest. Forgot she had them in the first place. Still though, she's fighting a 3rd generation Ino-Shika-Cho, as well as a bunch of other kids.

        Loading editor
    • Skylent wrote: Chunin level at not even 12? Damn the kid is almost as gifted as Itachi. This doesn't bother me that he is such a genius but this is a bit annoying that the other kids don't seem THAT far from him.

      Like, Sarada seems to be almost as good and I don't understand how the hell so many kids can perform such complex jutsus with nature transformation while they didn't even graduate yet. That's ok for Iwabe as he is older but...

      I mean... how can all those kids be a threat to Anko...

      Also: Good episode! I'm eager to see the formation of the trios and the jounins they will be assigned to! I think that only Boruto/Sarada/Mitsuki, Ino/Chika/Cho, Metal/Iwabe/the rich kid (even though he shouldnt but nvm), Sumire and the two girls will graduate. Or better, Sumire instead of rich kid and that's it.

      You know how schools usually have classes for kids with higher learning intelligence? Maybe it's the same in the world of modern Naruto, so I wouldn't be shocked if all the kids in his class are really strong or really smart.

        Loading editor
    • Skylent wrote: Like, Sarada seems to be almost as good and I don't understand how the hell so many kids can perform such complex jutsus with nature transformation while they didn't even graduate yet. That's ok for Iwabe as he is older but...

      Do realize that for most of Shinobi history, teaching was done within clans (meaning clan jutsu were mostly passed down, and mostly within families). With the Village System there was a general education, but judging by early part 1, that sucked. Sakura graduated on the Clone Jutsu, which she used once and it was instantly useless. We even saw that the girls had flower picking classes, something that never ever ever came up again because Kishimoto realized himself just how monumentally stupid it was.

      Boruto's era is what the world looks like if you give kids proper ninja educations. We saw them spar seriously (not just taijutsu), we saw them perform various ninjutsu as a curriculum (e.g. Summoning), we saw them do actual math and physics.

      On the other hand, we shouldn't understate Village/Clan era teaching. Sasuke was throwing fireballs at like 5 or so. Neji knew several advanced techniques already. several of the K12 were noted to be either lazy or undertrained (former: Shikamaru, Choji. Latter: Naruto, Sasuke). Neji had to figure out all the clan jutsu by himself. If they all had trained hard and seriously, they would've been much stronger than in PT1. Yet for Boruto's era, we already heard that the Ino-Shika-Cho combo trains regularly. Sarada trains regularly. How boruto trains is completely unknown (also as a running joke/motif), but we see that he picks up and analyzes stuff he comes across all the time.

        Loading editor
    • With the flower picking classes, and feminine classes in general, it might've been used for training Kunoichi in the art of infiltration and subterfuge. A "how-to-fake-being-a-lady class".

      But obviously Kishi went into a completely different direction from any "ninja infiltration" so he swept that concept under the rug as it served no story purpose.

      I agree. These kids seem to have been taught more than just the basics, including advanced theories on chakra, math and physics. Hence their ability to learn and perform nature transformations so easily, they were already taught the basics. No need for Kakashi or equivalent waste time on basics.

        Loading editor
    • Honestly them being prodigy isn't that of a far fetch, neji was a prodigy just by being a hyuga, not even a part of main branch, kakashi was because his father was already a legend, guy had to work because his father was not upto par but ultimately he was strong by 12, sasuke was a prodigy using fireball at an early age, its just having the right clan and right parents.

        Loading editor
    • Sounds about accurate. Also being associated with certain people. Boruto is associated with Naruto, Hinata, Kakashi, and Konohamaru. He's kinda got huge expectations of him, especially since his parents were the ones who saved the world from the moon. Naruto also has a long list of feats that I do not feel like listing.

        Loading editor
    • UntappedRage wrote: With the flower picking classes, and feminine classes in general, it might've been used for training Kunoichi in the art of infiltration and subterfuge. A "how-to-fake-being-a-lady class".

      I can think of several better classes to give than flower picking, if infiltration were the goal here. I know that what you said is the official explanation, but it doesn't really make sense. Learning about other villages, their customs and leaders, ideologies and such would've been much more important. As would learning basic Genjutsu, chakra extinguishing (IE hiding from sensors), sealing and summoning genjutsu (e.g. to hide books like Sai did, to summon tools in times of need etc).

      UntappedRage wrote: I agree. These kids seem to have been taught more than just the basics, including advanced theories on chakra, math and physics

      Well i was quite surprised when i saw them teach newtonian physics, since that was a question on Naruto's chunin exam that apparently 90% of the people present didn't know. (for those who don't know: the question about throwing a kunai from a tree). Depending on the difficulty grade, that means they had geometry, Trigonometry, and possibly calculus. Since Shino posed an even more difficult question, this could also include fluid mechanics (study of flow of air over the kunai) or differential equations (to more accurately take into account dampening effects from wind for instance). That's a hell of a lot of math to handle for 10-year-olds.

      Mushibrow wrote: its just having the right clan and right parents.

      No, not really. Just having the right teacher makes all the difference in the world. Neji taught himself, now imagine if he'd been trained in Main Branch techniques from the start. Sasuke's education stagnated when he lost his clan, since it meant no new source of ninjutsu like the Fireball. Naruto was so hampered by teachings that Jiraiya needed 3 years to set him straight. Imagine if Naruto didn't have jiraiya to teach him, it would've been much worse.

        Loading editor
    • It seems that the reason Kakashi was being harsher on Boruto was because despite his high levels of chakra and a genius mind similar to Sasuke's he is overconfident and too brash.

        Loading editor
    • Also because he does the exact same things his father did almost 20 years ago. He probably finds this all to be very amusing.

        Loading editor
    • And frustrating.

        Loading editor
    • That too. Probably mostly at Naruto for not telling him about what Kakashi did to him during the bell training or the bell training at all.

        Loading editor
    • I think Naruto would have wanted Boruto to be ready for the bell test on his own similar to how he did (and failed) as a child.

        Loading editor
    • I hope Kakashi beats some sense into the brat, God knows it's overdue.

        Loading editor
    • He already is. They'll all pass because Sarada and Mitsuki are heading towards him. All I know is I can't wait to see Mitsuki's episode. I read the manga and I have been dying to see it used in the anime for over 6 months now.

        Loading editor
    • Well, the manga does mention the field trip to the Hidden Mist Village.

        Loading editor
    • Honestly, I don't read the Boruto manga due to how horribly this new guy makes the characters look. I read the first volume and did not like it. I did like Mitsuki's story though.

        Loading editor
    • Mitsuki one shot was written and drawn by Kishimoto, not the new guy.

        Loading editor
    • Good. No wonder it looked so much better. I like it. Thank you Kishimoto-sensei.

        Loading editor
    • Fkw123
      Fkw123 removed this reply because:
      .
      21:07, December 10, 2017
      This reply has been removed
    • Of course. Kakashi's hidden ability is agelessness. XD

        Loading editor
    • And he doesn't have to use Obito's Sharingan anymore to prove his point.

        Loading editor
    • He never needed the Sharingan to prove a point to a bunch of kids.

        Loading editor
    • He did prove his point to Sakura when he used genjutsu on her during her bell test...and made her faint.

        Loading editor
    • Did he? I thought he just used regular Genjutsu. Kakashi is a frikcin legend even without the Sharingan. Its not unlikely that he is proficient in genjutsu without the Sharingan.

        Loading editor
    • He was also known as a copy-cat ninja thanks to Obito's Sharingan.

        Loading editor
    • He graduated the academy at the age of 6 WITHOUT the Sharingan, implying he was frickin amazing before he had it. He's the guy who invented the chidori. Granted it was by accident when trying to make Lightning Style: Rasengan, but still.

        Loading editor
    • It wasn't by accident, that's a falsehood spread amongst the fanbase.

        Loading editor
    • Really? I heard he it was the result of a failed attempt to add lightning chakra into the Rasengan.

        Loading editor
    • MajoraSolaris wrote: Really? I heard he it was the result of a failed attempt to add lightning chakra into the Rasengan.

      It wasn't an accidnet. He couldn't create Lightning Rasengan. So he created Chidori instead, as his own technique. Chidori didn't appear on his hand as a failed attempt at Lightning Rasengan.

        Loading editor
    • Such a dumb rumour too, especially when you consider that Chidori and Rasengan are complete opposites in that one is just nature transformation and is shapeless, and Rasengan is just shape transformation and is natureless.

        Loading editor
    • Oh cool. I like him even more now. But either way he can use the Rasengan. He should have no problem with a bunch of Academy Students, even if 2 of them are the kids of his former students and the other is the kid/creation of a sannin.

        Loading editor
    • He called it Lightning Blade.

        Loading editor
    • When he was younger he called it Chidori but as he grew older and the jutsu was improved to be stronger, he began to called it Lightning Blade.

        Loading editor
    • Didn't Chidori basically just refer to the sound of birds Sasuke's Lightning blade made?

        Loading editor
    • The original technique is Chidori, created by Hatake Kakashi the prodigy kid, son of legendary Konohagakure Shinobi, Hatake Sakumo the White Fang. Its name comes from the sound the technique makes, which is akin to a thousand of birds flapping their wings. One day, Kakashi supposedly cut a lightning bolt with Chidori and after that point, has begun referring to it as Raikiri 'Lightning Cutter'

      They are the same technique, just different names for it, with Chidori being the original name and Raikiri the nickname if you will.

      Just for some reason, Raikiri is labeled as an S-rank technique, while Chidori as an A rank technique. This might be nothing more than an error, or it simply refers to the refinement that Kakashi has made to Chidori over the years, meaning that the base technique is an A rank, but super-focused version of it or whatever is S rank or whatever.

        Loading editor
    • Elveonora wrote: They are the same technique, just different names for it, with Chidori being the original name and Raikiri the nickname if you will.

      Just for some reason, Raikiri is labeled as an S-rank technique, while Chidori as an A rank technique. This might be nothing more than an error, or it simply refers to the refinement that Kakashi has made to Chidori over the years, meaning that the base technique is an A rank, but super-focused version of it or whatever is S rank or whatever.

      Yeah, I could never find a reference in the manga that said Raikiri was the stronger counterpart, I only remember Guy saying that Raikiri was another name for the technique, Chidori. So I just assumed that the info was grabbed by a translator from one of the databooks.

        Loading editor
    • Chidori, Raikiri, lightning blade etc. They're basically the same thing.

        Loading editor
    • Exactly. Only the Raikiri/Lightning Blade is a stronger version of Chidori.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, probably his own refined "custom" unique version. Still inherently the same jutsu, as Ay seemed to have stated as such...

        Loading editor
    • Anyway, how bad do you guys think Boruto's going to get it? 1000 Years Of Death?

        Loading editor
    • Boruto gotta do the Rasenchidori lmao

        Loading editor
    • Mushibrow wrote: Boruto gotta do the Rasenchidori lmao

      Lightning Release Rasengan, with Chidori's chirping effects is always a possibility.

        Loading editor
    • I thought Rasengan is Wind Release only.

        Loading editor
    • BerserkerPhantom wrote: Lightning Release Rasengan, with Chidori's chirping effects is always a possibility.

      Isn't that basically Wind and Lightning Release: Typhoon Lightning Spiral? Except, Boruto can unleash the technique himself?

        Loading editor
    • NoMoreVillains wrote: I thought Rasengan is Wind Release only.

      No, it's not. Naruto quite clearly demonstrated this in SPSM

        Loading editor
    • SPSM?

        Loading editor
    • NoMoreVillains wrote: SPSM?

      Six paths sage mode. He added a bunch of other elements to the rasengan like magnet release or lava release.

        Loading editor
    • Man, I really wished they would shown a little more of shino vs mitsuki fight.

        Loading editor
    • But I loved the episode

        Loading editor
    • I think it was BECAUSE he was in Sage Of Six Paths Mode. No one else, not Minato, not Jiraiya, not Boruto were capable of doing that.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message