FANDOM


  • There was a similar thread a while back, but that was closed before a decisive outcome was achieved. I invite users to come up with new ideas and interesting versions of this fight.

    For your consideration:

    1) This is Part 2 Itachi that is not dying.

    2) This is alive Hokage Minato.

    3) Fair fights, no plot armor and both have their usual apparel.

    4) Location: Amegakure

    Who would win and how?

      Loading editor
    • I'll would say Itachi.

      Before some one put out blitz thing , that ain't gonna happen Itachi most of the time starts battle with his crow clone , and also has more options to take down Minato

      He has Sharingan Eye of Insight , Susano to guard him from any incoming attack and most important thing he relay on genjtusu which is perfect here in my opinion.

      It doesn't need to be Tsukuyomi he needs eye contact for that , but any other genjtusu would be good to use on Minato just like one he did to Orochimaru.

      Now the part with Itachi low chakra pool. Well in my opinion that isn't going to be problem against Minato since they fight to death and Minato battle style looks like going for fast kill , which Itachi in my opinion would be able to survive and counter.

      So I'll vote for Itachi , his genjtusu will be key to win.

        Loading editor
    • itachi, in this case. any other form of minato would win imo (besides for edo, since they are weaker)

        Loading editor
    • @Killer723

      Though, how likely is it that Minato will be caught in genjutsu? Would Itachi be able to cast non-sharingan genjutsu faster than Minato can attack him?

      Also, Susanoo probably won't be used till the end of the fight and Minato can warp it away.

        Loading editor
    • Minato would likely be in a genjutsu before he can even toss a kunai. If Itachi gets him in a Tsukuyomi he can finish him off easily with a Amaterasu. I'd have to give it to Itachi's eyes in this one

        Loading editor
    • @Ninja Of War

      Well as i said even if he make first attack , before Itachi does , he will trigger crow clone which is going to distract him. (chance for Itachi to trap him )

      As for Susanoo , full armored might be used at the end of battle, which is not needed in my opinion , since even skeletal Susanoo would be enough to keep him safe from direct hit. ( And if Minato fail to strike Itachi cuz of Susanoo , another chance to trap him )

      There is more possibility that Itachi have more info over Minato. Minato was even dead when Itachi killed his clan plus Minato was a legendary yellow flash , there's no way Itachi never heard of it.

      That is also huge advantage here for Itachi. Lemme explain since if he knows Minato battle style he is surely not going to hold Susanoo back or let his guard down for a moment or so.

      There is simply more scenario where Minato is going to be in genjtusu rather then Itachi being one shotted by Minato.

      Any close contact with Itachi is a risk for Minato to get caught , so ye i still think Itachi got this.

        Loading editor
    • Minato dodges everything tht itachi got and proceeds to "U KNW"

        Loading editor
    • minato can move faster than the eye itself, how can itach fight someone he can't see

        Loading editor
    • Alright and how is Minato going to fight some one who can finish him with genjtusu and Minato doesn't know that.

      Lets take example when he fought Obito , he didn't knew for Kamui , but Obito had him at one point , but Minato was able to retreat analyze and attack again.

      But against Itachi he won't have second chance if he make mistake like that. ( this is genjtusu we talking about )

      The point is Minato doesn't know that he fights genjtusu genius if both of them have info over each other then it would be different story but like this , am afraid itachi win.

      No matter how fast he is , if he cut down crow clone or hit Susanoo he will have to slow down at one point and analyze situation.

        Loading editor
    • and you think minato will let his guard down to be caught in genjutsu

      first he wont be caught in tsukuyomi cuz' he moves faster than itachi's reaction time so he won't be able to make eye contact to minato

      second itachi battles to finish his opponent off in mere minutes, that's why he uses genjutsu but due to his illness and low chakra he can't maintain susanoo for longer and since he can't catch mianto on his tsukuyomi, minato will finish him off in mere seconds, as soon as the battle starts

      third itachi said that if was placed to fight with jiraiya, the way to kill him was by killing also himself (which means they are tied), honestly do you think minato is weaker than jiraiya? he outcalsses him whenever he wants

        Loading editor
    • Uzumaki1naruto wrote: and you think minato will let his guard down to be caught in genjutsu

      first he wont be caught in tsukuyomi cuz' he moves faster than itachi's reaction time so he won't be able to make eye contact to minato

      second itachi battles to finish his opponent off in mere minutes, that's why he uses genjutsu but due to his illness and low chakra he can't maintain susanoo for longer and since he can't catch mianto on his tsukuyomi, minato will finish him off in mere seconds, as soon as the battle starts

      third itachi said that if was placed to fight with jiraiya, the way to kill him was by killing also himself (which means they are tied), honestly do you think minato is weaker than jiraiya? he outcalsses him whenever he wants

      I think Minato is just Jiraiya with FTG lol. They both have large chakra reserves, SM, Rasengan, and sealing jutsu. But Minato is slightly stronger due to his speed. Itachi can't beat Minato here.

        Loading editor
    • Itachi with low chakra reserves would lose against Minato, though it wouldn't be an easy win for him. However, if I'm not mistaken, the only reason why Itachi's chakra reserves were depleted was because of his illness. So if we're to assume that Itachi is not dying for the sake of this battle, then Minato would lose this fight. Like, even if nothing works out, Itachi could use Izanami and kill Minato while he's stunned.

        Loading editor
    • Mr. Grave wrote: Itachi with low chakra reserves would lose against Minato, though it wouldn't be an easy win for him. However, if I'm not mistaken, the only reason why Itachi's chakra reserves were depleted was because of his illness. So if we're to assume that Itachi is not dying for the sake of this battle, then Minato would lose this fight. Like, even if nothing works out, Itachi could use Izanami and kill Minato while he's stunned.

      it was never stated that itachi's low chakra reserves were because of his Illness.

        Loading editor
    • Like, even if nothing works out, Itachi could use Izanami and kill Minato while he's stunned.
      

      izanami won't work here cuz' minato doesn't think to be like someone else and accepts himself as he is

      @rafalerios123 "As an Uchiha, while Itachi's chakra was naturally strong, his actual reserves were below average, caused from his terminal illness. This prevented him from participating in prolonged battles and limited his use of Mangekyō Sharingan techniques to three times a day before he needed significant rest, at which point even his Sharingan deactivated." direct from his wiki page

        Loading editor
    • @Uzumaki1naruto and where is the wikia source from this?manga never stated that his chakra reserves were duo to his ilness.

        Loading editor
    • He doesn't need Tsukuyomi to take down Minato. Any other genjtusu will do same thing if he is able to paralyze him.

      And that same thing would be outcome of genjtusu he cast. i've already gave you examples how and why.

      This battle is not about Tsukuyomi, when he got Ephemeral , a prefect genjtusu to take him out.

      jiraiya and Minato are two different characters with two different battle styles i don't know why are you bringing jiraiya here. Outcome is still the same , Itachi win.

        Loading editor
    • Itachi at his prime with no sickness vs Minato at his prime before his death (because it would be pure rape to give him Bjuu mode)

      Strategy wise, I think Itachi may be able to get the best of Minato but then again in terms of stamina and speed Minato would definitely beat him there unless Itachi pulled up the Susanoo. Honestly I'd say the match could go either way for these two extremely competent Shinobi.

        Loading editor
    • @Killer723

      Itachi doesn't have all the intel on Minato. Since Minato was quite famous and Hokage he probably knows of him, but I doubt in detail.

      On the other hand, Hokage Minato knows a lot about the Uchiha clan in general. As Hokage, it is not so unreasonable to assume that Minato knew the particulars of the Uchiha clan and all the other clans. He certainly knew about Madara. Uchiha's are particularly known for their Fire release, genjutsu and shurikenjutsu and of course, the Sharingan's predictive capabilities.

      Minato also had a student that was an Uchiha and saw how the sharingan was used to complete Kakashi's Raikiri. With all this in mind, it is highly unlikely that Minato will be surprised at Itachi skills.

      Now, would Minato be caught in genjutsu? I'd say highly unlikely. Due to Minato's battle style, he wouldn't give Itachi a chance to cast non-sharingan genjutsu. Ephemeral and crow clone genjutsu have only been used on Naruto and not conclusive enough to say it would work on Minato as well.

      There are also some issues with these jutsu's, as if they were as powerful as you say they were, why were they not used on Kabuto when Itachi and Sasuke fought him?

        Loading editor
    • @Ninja Of War There is a flaw on your logic,kabuto was immune to any visual genjutsu so how the hell would itachi use on him?Minato is not immune to genjusu so far we know,maybe he was skilled enough to brea free of it,who knows.

        Loading editor
    • ^What flaw? I was talking about Ephermeral and Crow clone genjutsu that are not sharingan based, therefore not visual genjutsu.

        Loading editor
    • Ninja Of War wrote: ^What flaw? I was talking about Ephermeral and Crow clone genjutsu that are not sharingan based, therefore not visual genjutsu.

      I guess they still count as visual genjutsu though.

        Loading editor
    • ^Why do you say so?

        Loading editor
    • Ninja Of War wrote: ^Why do you say so?

      i'm pretty sure that naruto looked on itachi's finger when he used ephemeral.

        Loading editor
    • ^However on the wiki, it states that Ephemeral, Mirage clone and demonic shackles require no eye contact. Therefore, my question is why didn't he use it on Kabuto?

        Loading editor
    • Killer723 wrote: He doesn't need Tsukuyomi to take down Minato. Any other genjtusu will do same thing if he is able to paralyze him.

      And that same thing would be outcome of genjtusu he cast. i've already gave you examples how and why.

      This battle is not about Tsukuyomi, when he got Ephemeral , a prefect genjtusu to take him out.

      jiraiya and Minato are two different characters with two different battle styles i don't know why are you bringing jiraiya here. Outcome is still the same , Itachi win.

      1- ephemeral won't work on minato, since he was jiraiya's excelent student he probably had learned to counter most of them, also as soon as sakura touched naruto he got away from that genjutsu meaning that it is not that strong and minato will break it

      2- i put jiraiya here because it was itachi's statement which said that he was as strong as jiraiya and the best he could do to kill jiraiya was to die

      @Rafaelrios123 here => http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Itachi_Uchiha#Chakra_and_Physical_Prowess

        Loading editor
    • Uzumaki1naruto wrote:

      Killer723 wrote: He doesn't need Tsukuyomi to take down Minato. Any other genjtusu will do same thing if he is able to paralyze him.

      And that same thing would be outcome of genjtusu he cast. i've already gave you examples how and why.

      This battle is not about Tsukuyomi, when he got Ephemeral , a prefect genjtusu to take him out.

      jiraiya and Minato are two different characters with two different battle styles i don't know why are you bringing jiraiya here. Outcome is still the same , Itachi win.

      1- ephemeral won't work on minato, since he was jiraiya's excelent student he probably had learned to counter most of them, also as soon as sakura touched naruto he got away from that genjutsu meaning that it is not that strong and minato will break it

      2- i put jiraiya here because it was itachi's statement which said that he was as strong as jiraiya and the best he could do to kill jiraiya was to die

      @Rafaelrios123 here => http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Itachi_Uchiha#Chakra_and_Physical_Prowess

      Dude I do know that it is on the wikia but you didn't undestood what I meant,there is no reference on his page from where this information came from,the reference there is only to the fact that he was able to perform his techniques with one hand seal.

      But I will ask again where whoever wrote this on his page got the information from?

        Loading editor
    • dude i post what i read here, since it's written here why i or you should assume it's wrong

      if you want to clear your thoughts you should speak with Omega64 a sysop at naruto answers wiki, he knows everything abt naruto here is the link http://naruto.answers.wikia.com/wiki/Message_Wall:Omega64 you can talk to him for whatever you want. (lately he has been vey busy cuz' he has started a full-time job)

        Loading editor
    • being here on the wikia doesn't make it automatically true,that statement is highly doubtful since there is no source from the information someone should bring it up on his talk page I would do it but I don't have idea of how to do it.

        Loading editor
    • Okay, I change my answer. I'm going Minato on this one. I briefly forgot that Izanami does not work that way (sorry, I tend to forget sometimes) and I'm not sure if Itachi's low chakra reserves are related to his illness or not, but either way I think Minato would have a good shot. Itachi relies too much on genjutsu to be honest and, as I've been corrected, I don't think there's any genjutsu that can catch up to Minato. His quick reflexes enable him to easily dodge Amaterasu and take down Itachi.

      Honestly, FTG is the bane of a Sharingan user. It explains how Tobirama, a FTG user, was able to defeat Izuna, a Mangekyou user, who was said to be on par with MS Madara.

        Loading editor
    • Rafaelrios123 wrote: being here on the wikia doesn't make it automatically true,that statement is highly doubtful since there is no source from the information someone should bring it up on his talk page I would do it but I don't have idea of how to do it.

      https://www.google.al/search?hl=sq&biw=1366&bih=638&site=webhp&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=obito+tells+the+truth+about+itachi%27s+ilness&oq=obito+tells+the+truth+about+itachi%27s+ilness&gs_l=img.3...259857.262281.0.263022.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1.1.64.img..0.0.0.bnOuPX3p-DM#imgrc=2bNDENtH9Ly0WM:

        Loading editor
    • @Uzumaki1naruto

      Naruto was also Jiraiya student and he wasn't able to break it , he needed help from Chiyo and Sakura to free him from it.

      Itachi statment about Jiraiya is still a speculation , maybe he said that cuz he didn't want Jiraiya to be killed, he was still defending hidden leaf from akatsuki remember? lets be real Kisame and Itachi would destroy Jiraiya

      @Ninja Of War

      Kabuto was enhanced with Senjtusu , also he had DNA from many clans including Uzumaki. So most likely he gained enough resilience to resist it. there is also many unclear questions like why he didn't use Yata Mirror there , but anyway.

      Now before any one say Minato can use Senjtusu as well http://i7.mangareader.net/naruto/667/naruto-4827249.jpg

        Loading editor
    • Killer723 wrote: @Uzumaki1naruto

      Naruto was also Jiraiya student and he wasn't able to break it , he needed help from Chiyo and Sakura to free him from it.

      naruto didn't train with jiraiya as long as minato did, i mean jiraiya's main purpose was to make naruto a perfect jichuriki, minato's dream in order to defend konoha

      sakura just touched him and he was freed, this is how strong that genjutsu was, plus naruto then was only 15 and half yrs while minato is 21 so his experience and training is far more greater than naruto's back than, and it shouldn't be a surprise that minato should be able break from ephemeral

        Loading editor
    • Gkwimz wrote: Minato would likely be in a genjutsu before he can even toss a kunai. If Itachi gets him in a Tsukuyomi he can finish him off easily with a Amaterasu. I'd have to give it to Itachi's eyes in this one

      Which is not gonna happen easily.At very best itachi takes this high difficulty.@Uzumaki1naruto its not the point that she touched him.Jiraya said that even the strongest genjutsus can be broke simply by touching(not including eye genjutsus.

        Loading editor
    • make itachi edo and he wins

        Loading editor
    • Mcpowa wrote: make itachi edo and he wins

      Give minato hag powers and he wins /thread

        Loading editor
    • nah just make minato edo u dont need to give him hag powers for the win =)

        Loading editor
    • @Uzumaki1naruto

      alright then , tell me why didn't Orochimaru break free unharmed ?

      what was case with him ?

        Loading editor
    • My vote is with Minato

        Loading editor
    • QuakingStar
      QuakingStar removed this reply because:
      not serious
      04:19, June 21, 2017
      This reply has been removed
    • QuakingStar wrote: No guys, you got it all wrong, you guys are true Naruto fans.. so we all know Choji beats Itachi. Choji for ta winz. Minato is an unstoppable god... except when he faces Hashirama, Madara, Naruto, Sasuke because according to this fandom here they are even more unstoppable god like than Minato is gaiz. Itachi is weaker than Kurenai we all know dis gaiz totally

      Choji stomps kaguya easily,the fck ?Are you doubting in skinny god choji?

        Loading editor
    • QuakingStar
      QuakingStar removed this reply because:
      not serious
      04:19, June 21, 2017
      This reply has been removed
    • On a serious note, nobody should be taking Itachi vs threads serious. He will always be disrespected, undermined, and underestimated in these forums. So why not close this thread right now? I also propose that from here on out people need to post panels and translations for their proofs and feats on each character.. and appreciation threads need to be stickied so people can get the feats and what not they need from there.

        Loading editor
    • lol yeah sure. but the way u guys say he can just genjutsu everybody the same way (finger and tsukuyomi), he might as well be hagoromo lvl, know what I mean? (does this count as a burn?)

        Loading editor
    • You do realize Genjutsu isn't a one shot or a op thing right?? Genjutsu is used mostly as a feint, or a distraction. That is literally all someone like Itachi needs, yet YOU and people like you act like it's ineffective period. Also no, that's not a burn.. nice try tho.

        Loading editor
    • what do u mean nice try? u were one of the people that said that he could kill madara with it, so I guess u are contradicting urself, there buddy

        Loading editor
    • Lorenzo.r.1st wrote: what do u mean nice try? u were one of the people that said that he could kill madara with it, so I guess u are contradicting urself, there buddy

      He never said that,@Quaking made it clear that he belives that MS users can break it.

        Loading editor
    • Not closing the thread, because it's not a clear victory for either side. @Quaking, just because you choose to believe Itachi is undermined by the majority doesn't mean others shouldn't get the chance to discuss.

      In fact, maybe you should wonder why the majority doesn't share your certainty in his abilities. Yes, he's a very formidable opponent. Your opinion of him seems to be higher than most other users here though.

        Loading editor
    • @Killer723 he couldn't break free cuz' itachi caught him with Demonic Illusion: Shackling Stakes Technique which requires the use of the Genjutsu: Sharingan an eye contact genjutsu. while ephemeral doesn't require eye contact

      we expelled tsukuyomi and eye contact genjutsu since minato moves faster than the eye itself

      @Kakashisologod1 itachi said that the best he could do to kill jiraiya is to kill himself too, meaning that since itachi's strong point is his variety of genjutsu, jiraiya knew how to counter them (expelling eye contact ones, for them you just don't need to look at his eyes and nothing happens) and you really think that jiraiya didn't teach minato how to counter genjutsu?

        Loading editor
    • @Uzumaki1naruto Yes he would be able to counter gejntusu , a weak genjtusu.

      But here we have Itachi one of the two greatest users of genjtusu in his clan.

      Not just in terms of power , but the way he adapted them in his battle style , simply the way he's using them.

      Now let me give a little scenario and I will see your answer on this.

      alright so you do agree that there is possible way for him to get into Ephemeral , but you are saying that he's gonna break it , i can agree on that.

      So Minato breaks free , now after Minato breaks free what's he gonna do ? recklessly attack Itachi ? if he do crown clone is there and bam risk for him to make eye contact or ( another genjtusu chained ).

      If he stood for a Moment which i believe that Minato will do after breaking free and trying to analyze what happened, and how did he ended up in genjtusu, bam another chance to get eye contact.

      So in other words , all Itachi has to do is to make eye contact. Now for Minato to win , he needs to approach Itachi without making eye contact (blind side if possible) use his FTG or Rassengan to win.

      And as i said his FTG will most likely be used on Crow clone and bam distract and eye contact , worst case for Itachi would be to have manifest Susanoo to guard him , but then again , bam eye contact.

      Have you forgot guy's advice for Kakashi how to fight Itachi , even tho they had information over Itachi.

      Now i understand that Minato would try to avoid the eye contact , it can be logical , but i believe that i have gave you enough examples of how Itachi gonna force Minato to make eye contact , Minato was Hokage yellow flash , while he doesn't even know who and what Itachi is , am also sure that he doesn't even think that he gonna get killed from eye contact.

      So you can say he is fast , that's only thing i hear so far , he is fast he's not gonna be caught by eye , alright but what if he get distracted would he still remain fast ? Would that slow him down a little ? Would he just move recklessly without information's over Itachi and pressing the attack ?


      I personally believe that there is way more scenario's where Minato makes eye contact rather then just being fast and win.


      He won't be able to finish Itachi fast as people think. Neither Tobirama was able to kill easily Izuna and he was touted as fastest shinobi ever. But Izuna didn't had one shot eye contact , he had other advantages over Itachi.

      Never mind that , the thing is. Itachi battle style , jutsu arsenal , are simply counter for Minato who doesn't have information over Itachi nor genjtusu resilience.

        Loading editor
    • @Killer723

      I don't understand why you're still claiming that Minato doesn't have intel on Itachi and that Itachi has a lot of intel on Minato. Hokage Minato knows about Madara and all the clans in the village, their specialties and history. Reasonably, he should know the core of the Uchiha's abilities, which are genjutsu, shurikenjutsu and fire release and of course the sharingan. Which are the core of Itachi's battle style.

      Minato is definitely not gonna be surprised that Itachi, who is an Uchiha, specializes in genjutsu. I find it highly unlikely that Minato would get caught in genjutsu, due to his quick battle style and his fine chakra control.

      For the actual battle, I see Minato attacking and throwing his kunai in strategic locations. Itachi would try to end the fight with genjutsu, but wouldn't work in my opinion. Itachi might try to weave signs for jutsu but Minato wouldn't let him, so Itachi is forced to use his shurikenjutsu, taijutsu to fend off Minato's initial assault.

      They would both back off after this and analyze each other's abilities at this point.

      How would the terrain affect the battle though?

        Loading editor
    • @Killer723 you make it sound so easy for itachi to make eye contact with someone even itachi can't see or react against to. now all your examples were like itachi could make minato to let his guard down whenever he wants, man minato didn't let his goard down for a moment angainst A.

      you realy think that after binato breaks a genjutsu he'll stop and say "what happened to me?" of course something this isn't gonna happen, as soon as he breaks bree he'll eventually do Spiralling Flash Super Round Dance Howl Style Three, something that itachi can't even think to react against, even if he somehow manages to activate his susanoo before the attack (it's ridiculous) you think he'll mintain it for long? with his levels of chakra it won't stand for too long and as soon as it vanishes it's over

      you said that he hasn't any intel on itachi, same goes for obito and he had a jutsu (kamui) which no one had ever seen then, sth that exceeds itachi's genjutsu, sth which he is invisible with and no one could thouch him before minato and minato not only hit with rasengan someone who can't be touched but also marked him before he realised that had been hit and of course he will have easy to mark even itachi

      minato is simply stronger

      THIS IS MY ANSWER (it's not yelling, just to emphasize it ^_^)

        Loading editor
    • You have literally no proof he couldn't see or react to Minato.. the only problem will be FTG which is not speed, but teleportation. You all keep making shit up about Itachi, adding limits and weaknesses you have no proof for at all. Itachi is faster than Sasuke who is faster than Obito and Madara, Minato was only BARELY faster than Obito when he was 14. Stop wanking the fuck out of him already.

        Loading editor
    • literally itachi can't see him if he only uses FTG all the time

        Loading editor
    • He needs to mark things and people for FTG. Itachi knows all about FTG and how it works, he also knows all about Minato too considering he was alive and 5 years old when Minato was Hokage and died. You need to remember Itachi studied the history of Konoha and its ninja and that included current history and ninja. FTG is not an end all against ninja like Itachi, but it does help Minato a lot.

        Loading editor
    • QuakingStar wrote: You have literally no proof he couldn't see or react to Minato.. the only problem will be FTG which is not speed, but teleportation. You all keep making shit up about Itachi, adding limits and weaknesses you have no proof for at all. Itachi is faster than Sasuke who is faster than Obito and Madara, Minato was only BARELY faster than Obito when he was 14. Stop wanking the fuck out of him already.

      I'm sorry - Sasuke's faster than Madara and Obito how exactly? Sure, current Sasuke's extremely fast, but he was nowhere near this speed when he fought Itachi.

      As for adding limits and weaknesses to Itachi, I'm not saying Itachi's not strong. He probably still remains in the top ten. But as far as feats go, Minato has displayed far more feats than Itachi, feats that have actually been organically incorporated into the plot unlike Itachi's Izanami which was pure fanservice. "Oh, but Grave-senpai, he took down Nagato who had the Rinnegan!", he did mindless Nagato while being helped by the two strongest Jinchuuriki. We've seen him fight against Sasuke, but whatever happened in that fight remains unclear as we're still unsure what part of that battle was Itachi hesitating and what part of it was his illness so we're gonna discard it. And as I said earlier, his fight against Kabuto was pure fanservice (and either way, as someone pointed out, Izanami wouldn't work on Minato) In short, we've never seen Itachi take on a Kage-level shinobi like Minato.

      Minato had only two episodes to make an impression, and he made Tobi his bitch all the while back and forthing between saving his wife and stopping the Nine Tails' carnage. Yeah, Tobi was a 14 years old kid...with Hashirama's cells and a broken Mangekyou ability which had a very limited window of opportunity. And where did you gather that Minato was barely faster than Obito? Just because Obito ALMOST got the drop on him once, while Minato had just warped away a Tailed Beast ball? When Ay powered up against Sasuke during the Kage Summit, Shee commented that Ay's reflexes had been enhanced to be on par with Konoha's yellow flash. Yeah - Ay needed a powerup to catch up to Minato's natural reflexes, so his speed wasn't only thanks to FTG. More importantly, why are you even mentioning age like it matters? Your beloved Itachi himself was a teenager when he murdered his clan while Naruto and Sasuke were fighting the likes of Danzo and Pain at the age of 16. Age does not equal skill in Naruto. And Minato is skilled to the point where even Kishimoto had to nerf him during the Fourth War because he would be too useful.

      Historically speaking, if Tobirama could take down Izuna who was said to be on par with MS Madara, then Minato who, by Tobirama's own admission, is faster than him, can take down Itachi. I'm not saying it's gonna be easy, probably mid-to-high difficulty, but he will do it in the end. He at least knows the basics of a sharingan so he knows not to look at Itachi

        Loading editor
    • Minato actually gained a non-sense boost that we never knew he had it and still wasn't any impressive at all at the war,Tobirama was by far the best hokage on the war.(how was he nerfed I will never know).

      And I didn't undestand that tobira>izuna logic neither,how being faster is the same thing of being stronger?both Tobirama and minato were the fastest from their time,not the strongest.

      And I'm pretty sure tobirama statement was that minato usage was better than his own,not sure if that mean that he was faster though.

        Loading editor
    • If Minato is not allowed to use nine-tails chakra mode, then Itachi can't use Susanoo either. Since Minato is faster than lightning, I give my vote for Minato.

        Loading editor
    • That's stupid. In life he did not have Kurama, Itachi had Susanoo in life. Get over it.

        Loading editor
    • Technically, he did have Kurama in life. He successfully sealed Kurama in himself before he died, so that does count, even if he has no feats to suggest he could use said power. I'm pretty sure he is still skilled enough to tap into said power if he needed to.

      Also, is it stated in the manga that Itachi knows how the FTG works? Minato can also control the seal to travel to and transfer from object to object. The chances of Itachi getting tagged with the FTG seal are way to high for him to avoid it with his shown speed.

        Loading editor
    • @Ninja Of War He knew about Madara who took nine tail and attacked village , well that is really no surprise , since Madara was noted as legendary uchiha , however that still doesn't change that Minato have no knowledge over MS abilities which is why he felt on Kamui not just once , but almost twice got pulled.

      Well i believe that Minato will be dead surprised when he get caught , just like Kakashi was.

      To make a note that against Obito he even knew that he was an uchiha but he didn't really bother not to make eye contact with him , to be more correct if Obito would relay on genjtusu like Itachi does , outcome of that battle would be really bad for Minato.

      Now why am keep saying that Itachi has intel over Minato.

      http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/619/11

      In other words Itachi was maybe 6-10 (am ain't really sure for his age here) , when Minato was hokage and if he used to study his ancestors why wouldn't he know about Yellow flash of the leaf , to repeat Yellow flash of the leaf his nickname tells you everything plus he was part of the Akatsuki , and he was spy as well. ( he knew even for lady chiyo. )

      So taking Itachi knowledge over all this, i would really be free to say that Itachi has intel over Minato in this battle.

      @Uzumaki1naruto

      even if he doesn't let his guard down its really irrelevant at this point , there are many ways to make eye contact , i've gave you few examples even exchanging attacks can trigger eye contact.

      Yes i think he will stop and say what happened to me , he have done that when he passed trough Obito didn't he ? I know that this is Kamui and genjtusu , but i think he might take a wonder how he ended up in genjtusu.

      As for battle with Obito , i can just give all credits to Obito since he was 14 years old , and he fought Hokage level and almost won. But lack of experience led to lose outcome.

      Yes that's just the thing he also never seen Tsukuyomi, and he wont survive to make a counter attack.

      his slash was never shown , but i assume it can be stopped with Susanoo or just wasted with crow clone.

      Well if this is Itachi that is not dying i assume that his vision wasn't exhausted as it was against Sasuke.

      Only then he would be able to win , putting deaf near blind Itachi against Minato then there's nothing to debate i guess.

        Loading editor
    • @QuakingStar, calm down.

      Why is most Itachi supporters jumping on the bandwagon that Itachi knows all the details of Minato and how his jutsu operates? This is a very bold statement to make and needs appropriate evidence to back it up.

      Minato has been stated as being the fastest shinobi in history. Minato is also not "barely faster than Obito", he is much faster than Obito. He managed to escape Kamui twice, teleport to one of his kunai above Obito's head, spin around, form a rasengan and land it on Obito before he could even react.

      In any case, Minato has all the techs needed to deal with Itachi. Any comments on my earlier rundown of the fight?

        Loading editor
    • Ninja Of War wrote: @QuakingStar, calm down.

      Why is most Itachi supporters jumping on the bandwagon that Itachi knows all the details of Minato and how his jutsu operates? This is a very bold statement to make and needs appropriate evidence to back it up.

      Honestly, I can't entirely disagree with that argument. Minato was a Hokage, a celebrity. They probably knew about his shenanigans during the war. It's like when that ANBU guy immediately discerned Hashirama's Deep Forest Emergence jutsu in Part 1 during the Konoha Crush. However, I also agree with your earlier statement about Minato knowing the basic details behind the Uchiha and really, that's all Minato needs. That's why he won't fall prey to the Tsukuyomi, at least not as easily as they make it to be.

        Loading editor
    • Alive minato> alive itachi

      Edo minato>>Edo itachi

        Loading editor
    • @Killer723

      minato doesn't need to see itachi (even kakashi which isn't sensory type could fight with his eyes closed) wherever he comes cuz' minato is a sensory type ninja, has his reflexes on par with sound speed, has FTG and FTG2, knows many sealing techniques, knows many barrier techniques. simply too strong for itachi
      

      if you don't understand, i'm not bothering myself to argue with u anymore

        Loading editor
    • @Mr. Grave

      I understand your point. However let me clarify what I meant. This goes for @Killer723 as well.

      I agree that Itachi most probably knows of Minato and that he is famous for the use of Space-time ninjutsu. His status as the Hokage clearly means that he is an extremely powerful and intelligent shinobi as well.

      What I don't agree with is, to my understanding, that Itachi supporters claim that Itachi knows about FTG2 and FTG3, how Minato marks his kunai and other objects and can use FTG:Guiding thunder to warp away attacks, Summonings and Sage mode. It is clearly a big stretch to say Itachi knows all of this.

      If others are still gonna claim all of this is true, please provide evidence where it states specifically that Itachi knows all of this. In any case, not gonna argue this anymore, hopefully all understood what I meant.

        Loading editor
    • @Uzumaki1naruto

      Thats fine since am done as well , he simply doesn't need much to get you into genjtusu , and there starts downfall for Minato , but whatever i guess.

        Loading editor
    • @Killer723

      Would Minato's sealing jutsus work on Itachi?

        Loading editor
    • The point is Itachi does not need eye contact for most of his genjutsu, for example when he got Oro with it at age 13 and Oro couldn't break it. Minato has NO evidence of being 5th tier in Genjutsu like Oro is, let alone be able to break a genjutsu of Itachi's calibre. Itachi only needs ONE Genjutsu to connect and bam the fight is over.

        Loading editor
    • ^Yet, these non-visual jutsu you speak of were not used against Kabuto. If it were really that powerful, Itachi could of ended that fight a lot sooner.

      Ephermeral and crow clone genjutsu were used on Naruto only, not a good indication of strength in my opinion. Either way, do you think that Minato will let Itachi weave signs? Minato will try to blitz Itachi, Itachi will be then forced to use his Sharingan and shurikenjutsu.

        Loading editor
    • Uzumaki1naruto wrote: @Killer723 you make it sound so easy for itachi to make eye contact with someone even itachi can't see or react against to. now all your examples were like itachi could make minato to let his guard down whenever he wants, man minato didn't let his goard down for a moment angainst A.

      you realy think that after binato breaks a genjutsu he'll stop and say "what happened to me?" of course something this isn't gonna happen, as soon as he breaks bree he'll eventually do Spiralling Flash Super Round Dance Howl Style Three, something that itachi can't even think to react against, even if he somehow manages to activate his susanoo before the attack (it's ridiculous) you think he'll mintain it for long? with his levels of chakra it won't stand for too long and as soon as it vanishes it's over

      you said that he hasn't any intel on itachi, same goes for obito and he had a jutsu (kamui) which no one had ever seen then, sth that exceeds itachi's genjutsu, sth which he is invisible with and no one could thouch him before minato and minato not only hit with rasengan someone who can't be touched but also marked him before he realised that had been hit and of course he will have easy to mark even itachi

      minato is simply stronger

      THIS IS MY ANSWER (it's not yelling, just to emphasize it ^_^)

      If itachi can react to lighting,then i dont see a problem with minato.He isnt sasuke,he cant teleport to unmarked areas and thus,itachi can keep the safe distance.@NinjaOfWar,but kabuto is a sage mode user,he is better than minato at it.

        Loading editor
    • i wonder why people who support Itachi feel the need to use bad logic like "A and B got caught so why not C" while ignoring the fact that Minato's moveset and fighting style are completely different.

        Loading editor
    • Mcpowa wrote: i wonder why people who support Itachi feel the need to use bad logic like "A and B got caught so why not C" while ignoring the fact that Minato's moveset and fighting style are completely different.

      Expect,what requires to break genjutsu is knowledge and skill.He already caought orochimaru.

        Loading editor
    • Bad logic,since ur using the orochimaru logic can i use the Guy logic also?

        Loading editor
    • Not at all, show me where it says Minato is a genjutsu specialist/master or that he is skilled in it.. wait you simply won't find it. So that means a master genjutsu user like Itachi is a serious problem for him.

        Loading editor
    • Mcpowa wrote: Bad logic,since ur using the orochimaru logic can i use the Guy logic also?

      Dont compare orochimaru and guy.Both are completly different.

        Loading editor
    • THATS MY POINT

      Dont compare orochimaru to minato lol

        Loading editor
    • Mcpowa wrote: THATS MY POINT

      Dont compare orochimaru to minato lol

      Except,WE CAN compare them.Orochimaru had greater knowledge on genjutsu however he still got trapped.How is minato gonna break it if he gets caught?

        Loading editor
    • Except cuz its ITACHI The solo god HAHAHA

        Loading editor
    • Mcpowa wrote: Except cuz its ITACHI The solo god HAHAHA

      What is your point?Oro had greater knowledge and still could not break it.How in the world is minato gonna do the thing oro failed at?

        Loading editor
    • He can't answer that, so he's onto trolling. You don't know mcpowa on here well enough, but he's a smartass troll who hates Itachi and Hiruzen with a passion. He also likes to vie against anybody I support in vs threads, Nagato isn't safe from his bs either.

        Loading editor
    • Minato will not get caught what so hard to understand?

      u guys use a bad logic and u want me to answer hahahaha

        Loading editor
    • For all the preaching you're doing of "getting our facts right", you're also deliberately getting some wrong just to prove your point. Aside from Ephemeral and Izanami, Itachi cannot use genjutsu without eye contact. He's just so good at it that he can use it seamlessly, without the enemy even noticing. Like how he genjutsu'd Deidara the very moment they met and then made good on his genjutsu once Deidara tried to attack him. Also how, in the anime filler (though I'm not sure if this was in the Itachi Shinden novel), he put two ANBU under genjutsu the first time they met and then used that genjutsu once they tried to attack him. Also, Itachi did not react to lightning. At least give specifics. Itachi reacted to Sasuke guiding a lightning thunder with his hands - while the lightning thunder itself was impossible to evade, Itachi could have easily kept track of Sasuke's movements.

        Loading editor
    • @Ninja Of War

      Reaper death seal ?

      Sure why not.

      As for why didn't he used genjtusu on Kabuto this might answer i hope http://i7.mangapanda.com/naruto/581/naruto-3197787.jpg

      And also as i said earlier he was enhanced with senjtusu , genjtusu such as those would be useless against some one who have reached Kabuto's lvl

      what i mean on Kabuto's level is http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/582/5

        Loading editor
    • Mcpowa wrote: Minato will not get caught what so hard to understand?

      u guys use a bad logic and u want me to answer hahahaha

      Prove it.Just 1 thing to do.

        Loading editor
    • Prove tht itachi can place minato in a genjutsu

        Loading editor
    • @Killer723 and @Kakashisologod

      Chapter 578, Itachi tries to use Sharigan genjutsu on Kabuto, yet it doesn't work, since Kabuto is avoiding eye contact. Itachi then switches to his MS, proceeds to look at Kabuto (Seems like he looks him in the eye) and still Kabuto is not placed under genjutsu. Only after Itachi's and Sasuke's initial scuffle with Kabuto's snakes, does Kabuto activate sage mode(seen by the darker markings on his eyes and horns).

      So, if Itachi's non-visual jutsu is as powerful as @QuakingStar says it is, why didn't Itachi use it on Kabuto then?

      P.S. Minato also has sage mode, so arguing that it didn't work on Kabuto because of sage mode is not a real argument. Kabuto was not in sage mode at that point as I have shown.

        Loading editor
    • @ninja of war Kabuto being immune to visual genjutsu is thanks to his unique sage mode,minato doesn't have the same snake sage mode that kabuto does.and kabuto was already in sage mode since the beggening of the battle against Sasuke and itachi.

      and even if he did had the same sage mode that Kabuto had still wouldn't make any difference since minato can only sage mode for what?5 seconds?.

        Loading editor
    • ^Actually no, Kabuto activated his sage mode only after the initial scuffle with Itachi and Sasuke as I indicated. Also, he only deactivated his eyes after he went into sage mode.

      Anyhow, my point is that Minato won't get caught in Itachi's visual genjutsu and since his non-visual genjutsu isn't as powerful, Minato won't have to worry about Itachi's genjutsu.

        Loading editor
    • First of all itachis non visual genjjutsus are not strong enough to control somebodys mind(which he needed to do vs kabuto)they are mostly used for distraction.

        Loading editor
    • You literally have no proof he won't get caught. You have to prove that claim. He has no means of avoiding it.

        Loading editor
    • @Ninja Of War

      actually , Itachi didn't use anything when he encountered Kabuto , even so Kabuto wasn't making eye contact at beginning at all due his cloak.

      Itachi did prepared signs for something , but Kabuto told him that Sasuke won't just stand there, and that he might fail. So Itachi pulled his hand down.

      Both in Manga and anime , there's no eye contact between them , even so , you have seen when Kabuto pulled his cloak over his head to preform his Sage Mode when he had to face them. You even have Sasuke commenting why he done that.

      In other words there were no direct eye contact at all between them , while in fight Minato against Obito ,i have seen at least 5 eye contact chances.

      EDIT: also Kabuto had almost all info over Itachi so it's no surprise that he didn't gave him a chance to do so.

        Loading editor
    • @QuakingStar

      As I said, Minato is not falling for Sharingan genjutsu. He knows about the Uchiha clan and their specialties. His quick battle style, speed and reactions has been able to outmaneuver Obito thrice, who had his MS. He's a master sensor and has refined chakra control. He also has sage mode to further augment his abilities.

      The only option for Itachi to try to catch him in genjutsu was non-visual genjutsu, or genjutsu that can't be avoided. However, as Itachi did not use it against Kabuto, it's effectiveness is highly questioned and therefore cannot be taken as a one-shot technique.

      What is your proof that Itachi can put Minato under genjutsu?

      @Killer723

      No, Itachi clearly tried to use genjutsu in the chapter I presented and Kabuto only entered sage mode after the scuffle, due to the darker markings appearing on his eyes then. Look again if you don't believe me, look at the anime episode and Kabuto's wiki page as well.

      Again, my actual point is about the non-visual genjutsu not being used. Ephermeral, crow clone and demonic shackles. These jutsu were not used before or after Kabuto went into sage mode and closed his eyes. Therefore, they cannot be referred to as one-shots.

        Loading editor
    • Want a proof?Look at the manga and find the guy who put orochiamru(who has more knowledge on genjutsu than minato)without even moving nor making eye contact.

        Loading editor
    • Kakashisologod1 wrote: Want a proof?Look at the manga and find the guy who put orochiamru(who has more knowledge on genjutsu than minato)without even moving nor making eye contact.

      I really don't want to sound like a broken record, but I'll say it again: Aside from two of his genjutsu, Itachi cannot mindrape without making eye contact with the victim. The scene you're referring to is a flashback - there's no way for us to know what happened prior to that scene. However, it is quite implied that Itachi can put someone in a genjutsu without them noticing, so chances are he already had made eye contact with Orochimar but the latter just didn't notice. How did I come to that conclusion? This scene: [[1]] note Kisame's reply It's also implied Itachi can program his jutsu for delayed activation and what not, but that's beside the point.

      Another point I wanted to raise is STOP adding feats to Itachi without them being confirmed first. It is common in Shonen for all the established rules to be thrown out of the window for a brief moment of coolness or when the plot requires it (Tite Kubo is like the worst offender). Itachi shielding himself with Susano'o right in time for the Kirin strike does not mean he can react faster than lightning. That's stupid. It's like when Tobi rescued Sasuke from Tsuchikage's jutsu without any of the people in that room being able to discern his presence. Let me just stress this one out; Tobi SHOULD NOT be able to teleport in and out that fast or without anyone noticing. We know that's not one of his feats because it took him much more time to teleport when Konan was all over his ass.

      If Zetsu or any of the bystander characters had commented on his reflexes, said something to the extent of "Oh wow, Itachi's reflexes are amazing!", then yes - I would conceit. That's because acknowledgement (or even suspicion) by another character usually means fact in Naruto terms.

        Loading editor
    • Well said @Mr. Grave. Care to give a rundown of the fight?

        Loading editor
    • He was behind itachi all the time.Its so funny,while its 70% that itachi didnt make eye contact,people will go with the possible 30% that he made eye contact before.Oh and while minato is warping susano he can make eye contact.

        Loading editor
    • Kakashisologod1 wrote: Want a proof?Look at the manga and find the guy who put orochiamru(who has more knowledge on genjutsu than minato)without even moving nor making eye contact.

      he made eye contact and I explained in one of my comments

        Loading editor
    • @Kakashisologod1, look man, I'm not saying Itachi's not a strong character. But I'm sure you can make a compelling pro-Itachi argument without getting too caught up in this whole "Itachi can use genjutsu without eye contact" biz cause it's really making us run in circles. In all of his encounters, he's seen making eye contact at LEAST once with his opponents; Kakashi, Sasuke, Naruto, Deidara, Kurenai. That flashback you're referring to shows an unfinished portion of what happened and since both Itachi and Orochimaru were already familiar with one another, we could assume they'd spent time around each other at which point Itachi could have placed him under a genjutsu. But hey, I don't even blame you for thinking that - I blame Kishimoto for not making it clear enough. It's a shame when filler episodes give us better insight on the mechanics of Itachi's eye prowess than the canon does.

      Also, yes I agree. Minato is susceptible to MS if he sits idle for too much.

      @Ninja of War - well, I know for sure that it wouldn't last as long as your usual Naruto fight. Estimated time would probably be 10 minutes AT MOST and that is assuming Itachi can live long enough to activate Susano'o. Damage would come in the form of mental and physical fatigue since both characters are renowned for their "one hit and you're dead" battle styles. Two ways Minato could deliver the finishing blow - first one, by using his amazing reflexes to get within Itachi's personal space while at the same time flicking a FTG kunai in the air (kind of similar to how he got the drop on Tobi, only a little more complex). Itachi would be able to deflect the knife since his shurikenjutsu is superb, but that way he would leave himself open to Minato's attacks. If he would decide to take Minato instead of the FTG kunai, Minato could easily teleport to that kunai and deliver the finishing blow. It's a lose-lose situation and I think that's the only way you can kill a ninja like Itachi.

      Another scenario would be if Itachi conjured his Susano'o and managed to keep it up for a long duration of time. In that case, Minato could use his Shiki Fujin, but this scenario's also very reliant on luck as it would rely on Itachi not being able to place him under a genjutsu just in time to stop Minato from forming the seals (and that technique takes a lot of seals).

      It would definitely be a very close fight, though.

        Loading editor
    • Itachi's hand movements and hand-seal speed are unmatched thus far, and he can also make techs with one handed seals. His bodily speed is enough to keep up with KCM Naruto in a taijutsu scuffle and that was while he was a weaker incarnation of himself(edo tensei) He doesn't need much time at all to devise strategies, find weaknesses, and exploit them. He instantly figured out how the Rinnegan has linked vision with all of its summons and etc and he instantly used his master shuriken/kunai jutsu abilities and speed to blind the Rinnegan Summons. He also figured out the easiest and best way to stop chibaku tensei and cleverly used the dust from the explosion to instantly use Susanoo and sword of totsuka seal controlled Edo Nagato. He also held back as to not kill Sage Mode Kabuto, while at different points saving EMS Sasuke, and working his way towards his two goals... Save Kabuto and release Edo Tensei and he did both. Kabuto himself said compared to the other Edo Tensei including white haired crippled Edo Nagato(not including Rinnegan and Wood Release Edo Madara of course) Itachi was on a different level. That statement did not leave out ANY of the other Edo including the past Kage Edo's Kabuto summoned. Minato's performance in the war was kind of lackluster, he did show better foot speed than Hashi, Tobi, Old Hiruzen, Sasuke and Orochimaru and I liked that they at least did that for Minato so he wasn't just shown doing the same shit as before(Nine Tails attack flashback, and Kakashi Gaiden) but outside of his FTG, Kurama usage and that one foot speed feat.. he hasn't done much to merit me thinking he could defeat a Shinobi like Itachi. Itachi isn't rash and angry like 4th Raikage, he isn't some fodder like in Kakashi Gaiden, he is not a 14 year old Obito, and he has better Genjutsu and is faster than Pre-TTJ Obito. If this was EMS Sasuke.. I give Minato the win no doubt. But a no disease, full eyesight and health MS Itachi is much different.

        Loading editor
    • @QuakingStar i can understand that you love Itachi , but don't you think that maybe sometimes you overdo it. I mean when i read this , its like Itachi is unbeatable.

      Like no wonder other people use to troll over Itachi.

      But yes , i agree with you that Itachi can win this.

        Loading editor
    • what difference does it makes if itachi's hand movements are unmatched so far?there is shinobies in the series that are able to use jutsus without any hand moviment at all.

        Loading editor
    • Killer723 wrote: @QuakingStar i can understand that you love Itachi , but don't you think that maybe sometimes you overdo it. I mean when i read this , its like Itachi is unbeatable.

      Like no wonder other people use to troll over Itachi.

      But yes , i agree with you that Itachi can win this.

      He just said that EDO madara is on a other lvl compared to itachi...

        Loading editor
    • What one handed seals did Itachi use?

      Anyways, Minato is not going to allow Itachi to weave signs, due to his battle style. The only way Itachi can weave signs effectively, is while in his Susanoo. Even then Minato has a few options, warp Susanoo away or fight Susanoo with Gamabunta. Could the 4 symbols/8 trigrams seal be used on Susanoo?

        Loading editor
    • Well, I think either side can agree that hand seals are gonna be useless in this fight. If either stop to weave signs, they might as well slash their own throats.

        Loading editor
    • Edo itachi is top 5 in edo ranks

        Loading editor
    • Ninja Of War wrote: What one handed seals did Itachi use?

      Anyways, Minato is not going to allow Itachi to weave signs, due to his battle style. The only way Itachi can weave signs effectively, is while in his Susanoo. Even then Minato has a few options, warp Susanoo away or fight Susanoo with Gamabunta. Could the 4 symbols/8 trigrams seal be used on Susanoo?

      Can itachi make eye contact while he is warping susano?

        Loading editor
    • What if Itachi starts with Susanoo, ready with Yata Mirror, and coats his Susanoo with Amaterasu flames (just like Sasuke did vs five kage)?

      Will Minato found a way to attack him?

        Loading editor
    • ^I'd say highly unlikely. Only because to warp away Susanoo, Minato has to be relatively close to it and have his special kunai on hand or make physical contact with it. This can be done even from behind or on the sides of Susanoo, avoiding Itachi's gaze. FTG:Guiding Thunder is instant.

      @Sen'ei Jashu

      YM can only guard in one direction and Itachi does not have blaze release, meaning he can't manipulate Amaterasu like Sasuke.

        Loading editor
    • Ninja Of War wrote: ^I'd say highly unlikely. Only because to warp away Susanoo, Minato has to be relatively close to it and have his special kunai on hand or make physical contact with it. This can be done even from behind or on the sides of Susanoo, avoiding Itachi's gaze. FTG:Guiding Thunder is instant.

      @Sen'ei Jashu

      YM can only guard in one direction and Itachi does not have blaze release, meaning he can't manipulate Amaterasu like Sasuke.

      Shoot, i forgot Itachi can't shape the flame. If only he has the ability, he will be (almost) untouchable. I mean Yata Mirror to guard his front, while amaterasu guard his back lol. Otherwise, Minato will somehow find a way to land a blow on him.

        Loading editor
    • Ninja Of War wrote: ^I'd say highly unlikely. Only because to warp away Susanoo, Minato has to be relatively close to it and have his special kunai on hand or make physical contact with it. This can be done even from behind or on the sides of Susanoo, avoiding Itachi's gaze. FTG:Guiding Thunder is instant.

      @Sen'ei Jashu

      YM can only guard in one direction and Itachi does not have blaze release, meaning he can't manipulate Amaterasu like Sasuke.

      Yeah,but that brings me back to my first point.Itachi can keep the distance between marked kunais.

        Loading editor
    • how shurikens?

        Loading editor
    • Mcpowa wrote: how shurikens?

      He can read minatos movments and where he is gonna throw them.And yeah his shurikenjutsu cant compare to minatos 10 clones+himself throwing shurikens.

        Loading editor
    • how can he can read a movement if minato aint close

        Loading editor
    • I'd say probably Minato due to his arsenal, speed, and tactical prowess. Add in the fact he usually summons toads to assist him and would have access to Perfect Sage Mode, Itachi would probably lose this fight. Not easily at all, but I believe Minato would overwhelm him eventually as his powers drain him.

        Loading editor
    • @Kakashisologod1

      Don't know what you're implying with 10 Minato clones, but Itachi wouldn't be able to deal with that. Ok, so Itachi could deflect Minato's kunai from a distance while his Susanoo is up. However, this presents several problems.

      1) Itachi with his Susanoo up and trying to attack long range isn't gonna hit Minato, which will in turn waste his stamina and chakra.

      2) Can Itachi's shuriken and kunai even pass through Susanoo?

      3) Even if Itachi can deflect Minato's kunai with shuriken, Minato can use FTG2 to teleport to his kunai(mid-flight) before or after they are deflected to close the distance.

      4) Minato warped away Kurama's TBB from a significant distance, the Ten-tails TBB too, meaning he only needs to be relatively close.

        Loading editor
    • I actually wonder myself too,but shouldnt user be able to let firendly abilitys pass through?Yeah but Kuramas TBB is projectile,not stationary target like susano.@Tyson he does not have perfect sage mode.

        Loading editor
    • @Ninja of War - actually, I'm pretty sure Mangekyou users can use jutsu and ninja tools while inside the Susanoo.

      @Kakashisologod1 - he does have Perfect Sage Mode. He just is not good at using it, by his own admission.

      Itachi conjuring Susanoo will only delay the outcome of this battle. That's because Itachi has low chakra reserves and the Susanoo consumes a lot of chakra. Even with Itachi's superb chakra control, I don't think he can maintain it for more than a few minutes. Also, most of Itachi's eye techniques which are gonna be useful in this battle drain a lot of chakra too. On the other hand, from what we've seen of Minato he does not have this problem with chakra reserves. His FTG seems to barely consume any chakra as we've seen him use it NUMEROUS times during the Nine Tails attack on Konoha, of course not mentioning his more extreme variants like Guiding Thunder and that FTG feat in which he had to gather enough chakra to teleport goddamn Kyuubi. Aside from that, he used a contract seal, Rasengan, summoned a toad and STILL had enough chakra to summon the Shinigami. That's stamina, alright. So if Itachi activates Susanoo, all he has to do is avoid dying until it wears off.

        Loading editor
    • Kurenai's knowledge of Genjutsu is on Itachi's level. But since he is a Sharingan master he is above her. Also the Databook numbers are tiers, not levels. Kurenai and Itachi, along with Orochimaru are on the 5th tier in Genjutsu but everyone knows Itachi is better than they are.

        Loading editor
    • QuakingStar wrote: Kurenai's knowledge of Genjutsu is on Itachi's level. But since he is a Sharingan master he is above her. Also the Databook numbers are tiers, not levels. Kurenai and Itachi, along with Orochimaru are on the 5th tier in Genjutsu but everyone knows Itachi is better than they are.

      Well ofc he is,he is a sharingan master.

        Loading editor
    • Just had a thought, Minato can use a shadow clone to make contact with Susanoo and warp it away. It should be also possible to warp away the TB and YM, since FTG is not regarded as an attack on its own. Would warping Itachi's Susanoo away result in the removal of the TB and YM as well?

        Loading editor
    • Ninja Of War wrote: Just had a thought, Minato can use a shadow clone to make contact with Susanoo and warp it away. It should be also possible to warp away the TB and YM, since FTG is not regarded as an attack on its own. Would warping Itachi's Susanoo away result in the removal of the TB and YM as well?

      Are they made out of chakra?And if itachi reactivates susano,would YM and TB be too?Also i dont think a shadow clone can warp away something like susano as its only 50% of the user.

        Loading editor
    • Kakashisologod1 wrote: Also i dont think a shadow clone can warp away something like susano as its only 50% of the user.

      We've seen that it can warp away anything his chakra touches. I don't see why he couldn't warp away Susanoo.

        Loading editor
    • @Kakashisologod1

      Tobirama's shadow clone was able to warp away a TSB. It stands to reason Minato could do the same or better. If Susanoo is warped away Itachi will definitely lose a lot of chakra, but would he able to reform it before Minato can strike him?

        Loading editor
    • Ninja Of War wrote: @Kakashisologod1

      Tobirama's shadow clone was able to warp away a TSB. It stands to reason Minato could do the same or better. If Susanoo is warped away Itachi will definitely lose a lot of chakra, but would he able to reform it before Minato can strike him?

      But is TSB pure chakra?

        Loading editor
    • ^Yes

        Loading editor
    • Ninja Of War wrote: ^Yes

      Oh then,he can warp it away.its up to itachi if he can react to minato.Without FTG i think he can.With it?Minato wins 11/10 if he can get his combo.If not its 70/30 for itachi.

        Loading editor
    • Yes, Itachi can form Susanoo faster than real lightning strikes.

        Loading editor
    • ftg is (literally) infinitely faster than real lighting (which he saw coming)

        Loading editor
    • He was blind, he didn't see shit coming, he only heard the sky crackling and looked up. Stop using that made up bs.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message