FANDOM


  • I have seen several user continuously arguing about it being avoidable, it's never been mentioned either in manga or anime that it is avoidable furthermore if it really was than why would black zetsu say that the used of the blade and yata mirror made itachi invincible??!also I observed it's made of sake , why would kishi got to such extent of even describing the composition of the sword?ANY THOUGHTS!

      Loading editor
    • Dude go on other forums, this has been argued up the ass already. Nothing is unavoidable.

        Loading editor
    • @gmanis 41 can you point me to some ?

        Loading editor
    • If anything, Amaterasu is more unavoidable than the Totsuka Blade, and Amaterasu can be dodged.

        Loading editor
    • @asianreaper why? amaterasu requires some discharge time if you aren't forgetting?

        Loading editor
    • And Totsuka requires a swing.

      Amaterasu is more unavoidable because it's much harder to see coming. In fact, you can't see it coming unless you have some sort of Sage Mode or Lightning enhanced reflexes.

      The Totsuka Blade is swung, so you can see it in its arc and avoid it that way.

        Loading editor
    • that's where sake comes in.... the size and shape would be inconsistent...

        Loading editor
    • Namikazenaruto9 wrote: that's where sake comes in.... the size and shape would be inconsistent...

      Hoe would it be inconsistent? The sword does not change size. I don't see why this is a discussion anyway. It's a giant-ass, slow-moving sword that can be easily avoided

        Loading editor
    • @ultimadude how would you describe the shape of sword or its size, for all we know perhaps the size depends on how much he pulls from that "jar" making ur stated point moot. and you can't call it slow since none of speed feats(for the blade) are shown or stated specifically.

        Loading editor
    • Maybe size can be inconsistent, but shape is consistent. Otherwise, Itachi would basically just be throwing sake on his enemies. It's a sword, so it has the shape of a sword.

        Loading editor
    • AsianReaper wrote: Maybe size can be inconsistent, but shape is consistent. Otherwise, Itachi would basically just be throwing sake on his enemies. It's a sword, so it has the shape of a sword.

      how many swords have you seen made up of sake? and you have seen that sword (both manga and anime) it's irregular, jagged shaped which kind of looks like acetylene torch.so yes I do believe its shape is also kind of inconsistent...

        Loading editor
    • Amaterasu burns whatever the user sees. Totsuka is swung, and it's called a sword so at worst it has to be vaguely sword-like.

      It also needs to pierce it's target, a mere cut won't do.

        Loading editor
    • This is just like the case people make about the Yata mirror turning into a sphere. It's not happening.

      If the Totsuka Blade were so inconsistent in shape it'd be called the Totsuka whip. It is a sword. It is very avoidable.

        Loading editor
    • AsianReaper wrote: This is just like the case people make about the Yata mirror turning into a sphere. It's not happening.If the Totsuka Blade were so inconsistent in shape it'd be called the Totsuka whip. It is a sword. It is very avoidable.

      oh come on whip has some definite shape (no question about that), whereas (oh come on all of you have seen totsuka blade how would you best describe the shape)totsuka doesn't.it 's more like an acetylene torch.

      Thekillman wrote: Amaterasu burns whatever the user sees. Totsuka is swung, and it's called a sword so at worst it has to be vaguely sword-like.It also needs to pierce it's target, a mere cut won't do.

      problem with amaterasu is it has recharge time and clear symptoms of being used also you can't continuously use the technique.totsuka 's inconsistent size and shap would make it difficult to dodge and given it's ethereal even mere cut should be enough(cut means piercing some layer of body meaning the sealing would start).

        Loading editor
    • @Namikazenaruto9 With all due respect, just stop. The Totsuka Blade is a sword, it has never been shown to change size and have a super quick swing. Heck the only two targets Itachi managed to pierce and seal were immobile. Anyone that is not a turtle can dodge the Totsuka Blade

        Loading editor
    • @ultimadude I m just speculating that it would be difficult to dodge totsuka blade.i m just pointing out the discrepancies with sword(abt shape and size)if I m right abt those than perhaps itachi was truly close to invincibility if I m not so be. it afterall it's just a speculation either you or me don't have any proof abt italso I have seen many people stating as though anyone could dodge the sword in forum and so I wanted to actually discuss abt this aspect of totsuka blade.if you disagree with my thoughts it's fine by me. though there is another thing bothering me about that fight perhaps the sword has an eventual effect something like the target doesn't realizes he is being slowed down (like drunken stupor) with each piercing with eventuality being sealed in that genjutsu world....

        Loading editor
    • @Namikazenaruto9 Sighs...

        Loading editor
    • UltimaDude wrote: Heck the only two targets Itachi managed to pierce and seal were immobile. Anyone that is not a turtle can dodge the Totsuka Blade

      Orochimaru laughed at Itachi stabbing him and taunted him that he needed to do worse to even hurt him. Nagato was caught offguard by the sword. It's not even that they were immobile, they weren't even attempting to dodge it in the first place.

        Loading editor
    • Thekillman wrote: Orochimaru laughed at Itachi stabbing him and taunted him that he needed to do worse to even hurt him. Nagato was caught offguard by the sword. It's not even that they were immobile, they weren't even attempting to dodge it in the first place.

      Orochimaru was stuck in the mouth of a giant, 8-headed, 8-tailed snake. Nut much could do. Nagato, as you said was, caught off-guard and was being controlled. Either Totsuka Blade feats aren't impressive at all

        Loading editor
    • I think it's clear that Totsuka is very avoidable.

        Loading editor
    • Thekillman wrote: I think it's clear that Totsuka is very avoidable.

      how does hitting stationary target mean totsuka is avoidable.....afterall if it had not hit the two than you all could have said that its avoidable by moving target.but in this scenario you can't say for sure that moving target will survive also I never talked about it's speed I talked about it's size and shape.HOW CAN YOU SAY IT'S SLOW WHEN NO SUCH SPEED FEAT HAS BEEN SHOWNall of you are assuming it to be slow it may not be the case....

        Loading editor
    • Namikazenaruto9 wrote: how does hitting stationary target mean totsuka is avoidable.

      The only time Itachi managed to seal anyone with it was when they were both stationary and unable or unwilling to dodge. I think it speaks for itself that if Totsuka was unavoidable, he'd use it more often.

      If the blade needs to pierce to seal, that means he can use the Totsuka as a regular blade to stop even the likes of Kabuto. But Kabuto avoided their attacks easily. So, Totsuka is not unavoidable.

      Also, stop using all-caps. I don't like discussions with 8-year-olds.

      Namikazenaruto9 wrote: how can you say it's slow when no such speed feat has been shown

      how can you say it's unavoidable when no such speed feat has been shown?
        Loading editor
    • Thekillman wrote:

      Namikazenaruto9 wrote: how does hitting stationary target mean totsuka is avoidable.

      The only time Itachi managed to seal anyone with it was when they were both stationary and unable or unwilling to dodge. I think it speaks for itself that if Totsuka was unavoidable, he'd use it more often.

      </div>

      it's quite coincidental the fact that the 2 weren't moving target nothing more...also they were the only two target good enough for totsuka to be used.also how many times itachi showed his Susanoo(I think abt 3 and in those 3 times he used It 2 times which is not bad).

      Thekillman wrote: If the blade needs to pierce to seal, that means he can use the Totsuka as a regular blade to stop even the likes of Kabuto. But Kabuto avoided their attacks easily. So, Totsuka is not unavoidable.

      also he wasn't trying to kill kabuto else he wouldn't have gone so far to use Izanagi besides even in the episode he didn't even try it since he knew that edo tensei would still remain bound to kabuto's will which would be a disasterous thing.[also kabuto was in sage mode].

      Thekillman wrote: Also, stop using all-caps. I don't like discussions with 8-year-olds.

      dude are you trying to be sarcastic abt my age???besides most of them replied abt it being some giant slow sword not worth discussing even though i(nor anime or manga) never said anything abt speed. these guys didn't even consider abt shape and size as which i was trying to speculate abt.also i will try not write in bold(as much as possible) but i was trying to only emphasise a point.

      Thekillman wrote:

      Namikazenaruto9 wrote: how can you say it's slow when no such speed feat has been shown

      how can you say it's unavoidable when no such speed feat has been shown?

      if you guys did read my replies I only talked shape and size and how the 2 factor would make it difficult to dodge it.i never brought speed into equation.but most of them (who did reply)said it's slow blah blah blah.and besides the sword is ethereal and it means airy or something very light so it should be very easy for itachi to hit with very high speeds or change the course in mid-air etc.

        Loading editor
    • @Namikazenaruto, responding to the posts directed at me:

      I have never seen a sword made out of sake. But then again, neither have you. Because it's physically impossible. You can't argue with that kind of logic in Naruto.

      A torch like that would still have its shape as you swung it around. So Idk what your argument there is. It might bend a little, but thats it. I have no idea why you would use the argument of me never seeing a sword made out of sake if you're just going to argue that it acts like a torch, not sake.

      It doesn't change shape. Nothing in the material suggests that it changes shape. It cant suddenly change direction by itself, it's limited to Itachi's abilities as a swordsman. It is a sword. The most it'll do is what pretty much all techniques in Naruto do; get bigger or smaller.

        Loading editor
    • AsianReaper wrote: @Namikazenaruto, responding to the posts directed at me:

      I have never seen a sword made out of sake. But then again, neither have you. Because it's physically impossible. You can't argue with that kind of logic in Naruto.

      I agree but i only said this to emphasize on fact that the sword isn't rigid like all other traditional ones, it's kind of more flexible and it's lot easier to change the way it swings since it's ethereal making it difficult to avoid the slashes.

      AsianReaper wrote:

      A torch like that would still have its shape as you swung it around. So Idk what your argument there is. It might bend a little, but thats it. I have no idea why you would use the argument of me never seeing a sword made out of sake if you're just going to argue that it acts like a torch, not sake.

      It doesn't change shape. Nothing in the material suggests that it changes shape. It cant suddenly change direction by itself, it's limited to Itachi's abilities as a swordsman. It is a sword. The most it'll do is what pretty much all techniques in Naruto do; get bigger or smaller.

      no, no by shape change i don't mean like become something altogether(like some sphere etc) i mean the thickness, perhaps the sword could become thicker or thinner during the swing action (and besides once it pierces something it sucks that thing like vacuum cleaner ).

        Loading editor
    • Other than expanding in length, we've not seen Totsuka (or Kusanagi) do anything shape or size related.

      Totsuka also needs to pierce specifically, so trying to slash someone with a Sake sword is almost certainly worthless.

        Loading editor
    • @killman kusanagi has same thickness even on extending but incase of totsuka , you are pulling out the sword's volume (that sake from the bottle which itachi's Susanoo's holding )so it means one can pull out a sword as fat as samehada from that bottle or as thin as sasuke's sword. this is the change in shape and size I am taking about.
      i am not sure about piercing too,'perhaps the sword can pass through anything' or may be not but one thing is sure it's a really handy one given the fact that it is ethereal so even with small force itachi can easily pierce through someone.(well by the way are you sure it's only by piercing that totsuka blade can do sealing or is the cut enough i mean they showed that sealing happens by piercing but maybe it can happen with single cut too)

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message