FANDOM


  • It's obviously different from Naruto and Kabuto's Sage Modes. But why is it different? I have speculated for a while that maybe Hashirama passed down the knowledge of Sage Mode to a snake and toad and they made it their own but I honestly doubt that is the case lol

      Loading editor
    • I doubt Hashirama is the 'founder' of Sage Mode. I feel like it was probably a thing around before Hashirama was around since I doubt Hashirama found the way into Mount Myoboku.

        Loading editor
    • Nope Mt. Myoboku existed at hagoromo's time. The elder toad was the one that predicted naruto for hagoromo. Hashirama learnt his at shikotsurin.

        Loading editor
    • SuperSajuuk
      SuperSajuuk removed this reply because:
      merged.
      16:00, September 21, 2014
      This reply has been removed
    • It's not different, there's just one Sage Mode, all of them are the same. The only difference is the eyes and into which non-human animal the users turn if they don't balance the natural energy well.

        Loading editor
    • I'm with you, Elveonora. I think Hashirama has a basic Sage Mode, with the animal variations as a result of different teachers. The Toad, Snake and Hashirama's Sage Mode are all essentially the same thing, the only difference are the physical characteristics and certain abilities.

      Naruto and Jiraiya had the Frog Kata, Kabuto is pretty much a legit snake (or dragon, as he puts it) and Hashirama can summon giant Torii, the Wood Dragon, Human and the Top Transformed Buddha....

      Wait...his markings looks like a Third Eye, He uses clasped/praying hands for the majority of his jutsu and a lot of his techniques have Buddhist/Spiritual origins...

      Maybe Hashirama's Sage Mode came from deep meditation or something?

        Loading editor
    • Yes, I believe the physical differences are more of a "symbolic" or "artistic" representation of from whom did the character learn Senjutsu. It's simply a way to tell: "oh, this guy learned it at frog mountain or snake cave" by looking at their eyes.

      My theory is that Hashirama was a self-taught Sage Mode user, so no animal training stuff.

        Loading editor
    • Or maybe he learned it at Shikotsu forest where katsuyu came from?

        Loading editor
    • Elveonora wrote: Yes, I believe the physical differences are more of a "symbolic" or "artistic" representation of from whom did the character learn Senjutsu. It's simply a way to tell: "oh, this guy learned it at frog mountain or snake cave" by looking at their eyes.

      My theory is that Hashirama was a self-taught Sage Mode user, so no animal training stuff.

      Exactly

        Loading editor
    • His eyes look nothing like Katsuyu's tho

        Loading editor
    • He is either self taught or learned from shikotsu forest, thats an easy enough assumption.

        Loading editor
    • You can't self teach sage mode lol As i said he learned it as Shikkotsurin. Kabuto stated there are 3 places to learn sage mode. Katsuya doesn't even have eyes so maybe thats why hashirama's is different.

        Loading editor
    • I'd like to say that's untrue, based on Jugo's Clan, they essentially do Sage Mode they just haven't balanced it I believe.

        Loading editor
    • but hashirama is not from jugo's clan and doesn't have a body like jugo's clan, so that doesn't work.

        Loading editor
    • Well I didn't see Kabuto's Sage mode resemble Naruto's Sage mode. All sage modes are different.

        Loading editor
    • Hashirama's Sage Mode is most likely a Slug Sage Mode learned from the slugs in Shikkotsu Forest. Naruto has Toad, Kabuto has Snake, and there is one more place to learn it which is associated with slugs who are associated with healing and Hashirama has a third unknown sage mode and is known for great healing prowess and his granddaughter is also known as the "Slug Princess" and summons slugs. This all points to his Sage Mode coming from the Shikkotsu Forest for me. What else could it possibly be? The only logical conclusion is the Shikkotsu Forest.

        Loading editor
    • It would be such a huge kick in the ass if Sakura learns sage mode.

        Loading editor
    • Victory9000 wrote: I'd like to say that's untrue, based on Jugo's Clan, they essentially do Sage Mode they just haven't balanced it I believe.

      Do u even know what sage mode is? juugos clan cant do that. They can only absorb senjutsu.

        Loading editor
    • So much wrong is some posts...

      • "You can't self-teach how to absorb natural energy" I don't see why not? Sounds implausible, but not impossible.
      • "Kabuto said there are 3 places to learn Sage Mode" he didn't say such a thing. What he said was that Slug Forest is as famous as the other two places.
      • Hashirama's healing has nothing to do with Sage Mode, Obito could use it just fine without.
      • @Haxs, what they do is Sage Transformation what essentially IS Sage Mode, just with bodily makeover as a bonus.
        Loading editor
    • Elveonora wrote: So much wrong is some posts...

      • "You can't self-teach how to absorb natural energy" I don't see why not? Sounds implausible, but not impossible.
      • "Kabuto said there are 3 places to learn Sage Mode" he didn't say such a thing. What he said was that Slug Forest is as famous as the other two places.
      • Hashirama's healing has nothing to do with Sage Mode, Obito could use it just fine without.
      • @Haxs, what they do is Sage Transformation what essentially IS Sage Mode, just with bodily makeover as a bonus.

      Sage transformation is different from sage mode bro. It's like saying curse marks are sage mode you know that? Why exactly is ryuchidou & myouboku famous? for learning senjutsu right? Why is shikkotsurin equally famous as the other two? Doesn't take a scientist to figure it out bro. Common sense.

        Loading editor
    • what make make shikkotsurin famous is not bcos of sage mode,but bcos of them having the title of d legendary sannin.hashirama is d only person dat can use wood,and so is d only person dat can explain explain his sage mode."commom sense",then why cant tsunade use sage mode?.

        Loading editor
    • Curse Marks are "instant soup" versions of Sage Transformation. Sage Transformation is Jugo Clan bodily fluids' reaction to Senjutsu chakra, so yes, it is Sage Mode.

      EDIT: I'm yet to see Hashirama summon a slug or recognize Katsuyu, so I think you are wrong.

        Loading editor
    • Haxs wrote:

      Elveonora wrote: So much wrong is some posts...

      • "You can't self-teach how to absorb natural energy" I don't see why not? Sounds implausible, but not impossible.
      • "Kabuto said there are 3 places to learn Sage Mode" he didn't say such a thing. What he said was that Slug Forest is as famous as the other two places.
      • Hashirama's healing has nothing to do with Sage Mode, Obito could use it just fine without.
      • @Haxs, what they do is Sage Transformation what essentially IS Sage Mode, just with bodily makeover as a bonus.

      Sage transformation is different from sage mode bro. It's like saying curse marks are sage mode you know that? Why exactly is ryuchidou & myouboku famous? for learning senjutsu right? Why is shikkotsurin equally famous as the other two? Doesn't take a scientist to figure it out bro. Common sense.

      We're not saying Sage Transformation is Sage Mode, we're saying it is essentially Sage Mode. They are both ways of adding Natural Energy into the Physical and Spiritual Energies. I'm sure Hashirama since the kind of person he is could learn about Natural Energy and make Sage Mode.

      ItachiWasAHero wrote: but hashirama is not from jugo's clan and doesn't have a body like jugo's clan, so that doesn't work.

      I'm just saying there is evidence that people can take in Natural Energy without having formally thought Sage Mode by say the White Snake Sage.

      Uchiha oshoke wrote: what make make shikkotsurin famous is not bcos of sage mode,but bcos of them having the title of d legendary sannin.hashirama is d only person dat can use wood,and so is d only person dat can explain explain his sage mode."commom sense",then why cant tsunade use sage mode?.

      I agree with you saying that, if Shikkotsu Forest did have Sage Mode why doesn't Tsunade have it? And why did Orochimaru only find out about how Natural Energy works when he went to Ryuchi Cave if there were places famous for a technique involving Natural Energy.

        Loading editor
    • Victory9000
      Victory9000 removed this reply because:
      Double Post
      11:27, September 22, 2014
      This reply has been removed
    • I once (or twice) brought up a topic if Jugo should be added as Sage Mode user, I believe so. Merge and balance of natural energy with spiritual and physical energies results in Senjutsu chakra. Having Senjutsu chakra flow thorough your body results in an empowerment of it called Sage Mode. Sage Transformation is just that, save with body alteration ability as a bonus.

      Those who opposed this did so with: "Sage Mode is more than just having Senjutsu chakra in body" even tho there's no evidence for their claims, quite contrary, that's what was observed.

        Loading editor
    • I think they shoulder rather add Sage Transformation into the Sage Mode article like the Six Paths Sage Technique. The summary of Sage Mode has nothing to exclude Sage Transformation. "Sage Mode is the result of using natural energy along with a shinobi's normal chakra to drastically empower all of their abilities."

        Loading editor
    • Except that Sage Mode requires actively gathering natural energy to enter a power up, Sage Transformation passively gathers energy driving the user into a beserker state.

        Loading editor
    • It doesn't. Sage Mode is the result. By your logic Jiraiya isn't a Sage Mode user since toads were gathering natural energy for him.

        Loading editor
    • And what about Kabuto? He was using Jugo's kekkei genkai to passively absorb Natural Energy, is he now also not a Sage Mode user?

        Loading editor
    • Prolly cause she didn't have an extreme chakra reserves? Are u really saying the 3 sannins made these places famous? lolol omg thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard. They're famous cause they're the only places where u can learn senjutsu. Sage mode requires a person to be still while sage transformation is pasively absorbing natural energy. They are both similar but they aren't the same.

      Sage mode is the empowered state when they master senjutsu. Sage transformation is the result of passively absorb senjutsu but transforms their body.

      Remember kabuto possesed both sage trans & sage mode.

        Loading editor
    • SuperSajuuk
      SuperSajuuk removed this reply because:
      13:19, September 22, 2014
      This reply has been removed
    • @Haxs, you are wrong but lets leave it at that.

        Loading editor
    • Jiraiya still had the ability to enter Sage Mode on his own, the toads were gathering and transfering Natural energy to him since he couldn't stay still during his fight with the 6 paths. Kabuto used Sage Transformation to gather Natural energy to let him stay in Sage Mode indefinitely.

        Loading editor
    • Actually, calling the natural energy passive absorption "sage transformation" is wrong, sage transformation is the result, not the kekkei genkai, but that's for another time.

      As you say, Kabuto is a Sage Mode user through Jugo's powers, so by extension should be Jugo himself.

        Loading editor
    • Elveonora wrote: @Haxs, you are wrong but lets leave it at that.

      sage mode = empowered state via senjutsu sage trans = body tranformation via senjutsu No proof senjutsu is self taught. Shikkotsurin stands for "Bone Damp Forrest." Hashirama can use WOOD. Where do you find woods? IN A FORREST. Doesn't it seem logical? Its like saying sasuke couldn't use six paths technique but had rinnegan anyway.

        Loading editor
    • SuperSajuuk
      SuperSajuuk removed this reply because:
      13:16, September 22, 2014
      This reply has been removed
    • Woah woah woah, Haxs, calm down, did you say Tsunade doesn't have large enough chakra reserves to learn Sage Mode? Lolwat?

        Loading editor
    • Haxs wrote:

      Elveonora wrote: @Haxs, you are wrong but lets leave it at that.

      sage mode = empowered state via senjutsu sage trans = body tranformation via senjutsu No proof senjutsu is self taught. Shikkotsurin stands for "Bone Damp Forrest." Hashirama can use WOOD. Where do you find woods? IN A FORREST. Doesn't it seem logical? Its like saying sasuke couldn't use six paths technique but had rinnegan anyway.

      you might want to tone it done a bit.

        Loading editor
    • lol she does but i don't think she has the amount necessary for sage mode. But you guys get the pick of the whole wood and the forrest thing lol besides tsunade is just a medic why would she need sage mode she already has superhuman strength.

        Loading editor
    • Why would Kimimaro need Curse Seal? Why would anyone ever need a way to be stronger? I don't think Jiraiya has a massive amount of chakra and the only problem with Sage Mode for him was balancing the three energies.

        Loading editor
    • Haxs wrote: sage mode = empowered state via senjutsu sage trans = body tranformation via senjutsu

      Sage Trans is an empowered state via Senjutsu too, tho, so it's de facto Sage Mode with transformation added caused by bodily fluids.

      Jugo and his clan are Sage Mode users, the only reason it's called Sage Transformation in their case is because their bodily fluids react to Senjutsu chakra and trigger a transformation.

        Loading editor
    • Sage mode users & jugo's clan are both senjutsu users. Sage mode & sage tans are similar cause they utilise senjutsu and empower a user but while sage mode allows you to use senjutsu chakra, sage trans transforms the body.

        Loading editor
    • Do you even read? Sage Transformation is Sage Mode with Jugo Clan's bodily fluids.

        Loading editor
    • Victory9000 wrote: Why would Kimimaro need Curse Seal? Why would anyone ever need a way to be stronger? I don't think Jiraiya has a massive amount of chakra and the only problem with Sage Mode for him was balancing the three energies.

      Jiraiya must have had a big amount of chakra, in chapter 412 it is stated that only those with enormous amoutns of chakra are able to Draw in natural energy.

        Loading editor
    • Elveonora wrote: Do you even read? Sage Transformation is Sage Mode with Jugo Clan's bodily fluids.

      http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Sage_Transformation

      doesn't say anything about body fluids or sage mode. I don't think you understand what sage mode is.

        Loading editor
    • Elveonora
      Elveonora removed this reply because:
      a
      17:58, September 22, 2014
      This reply has been removed
    • Haxs wrote:

      Elveonora wrote: Do you even read? Sage Transformation is Sage Mode with Jugo Clan's bodily fluids.

      http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Sage_Transformation

      doesn't say anything about body fluids or sage mode. I don't think you understand what sage mode is.

      hmm...why are you still insisting on starting something? didn't you learn from your block? try to get along.

        Loading editor
    • Pretty sure that jugo's transformations are from absorbing the natural energies emanating from different animals, and that the cursed seals and sage modes all use natural energy from different animals (just look at the picture of cursed seal users on the page, and tell me you don't see traits of various animals). Hashirama's Sage Mode definitely has to be slug, its visually similar to the byakugou seal, that has its power directly tethered to Katsuyu. And as for Tsunade and Sakura learning sage mode? Their immense amount of chakra is artificial in nature, I don't think it can be used effectively by them, based on the fact that Minato couldn't do it even though he had access to Kurama's abundant amount of chakra. Then again, it wasn't his chakra, and unlike Naruto, he hadn't melded with it over years and years (or he did, but not in the impure world, and I think time is different in the afterlife). So...

        Loading editor
    • You would expect Hashirama to summon a slug or at least make a reference to slug. There's nothing. Call me crazy, but I think it may be even possible that slugs don't teach Senjutsu. Just because toad, snake and slug are a trio doesn't mean they all have to have the same.

      Tsunade's equivalent of Sage Mode is Strength of the Hundred Technique. If slugs had Sage Mode, she would most certainly know it, but nothing indicates she does.

        Loading editor
    • Tsunade is 4th tier in stamina.. Jiraiya and Naruto were 5th tier.. so I don't think she even has the amount to become a Sage regardless. That's not a point you can try and use because it isn't true.

        Loading editor
    • Kabuto was just 3 as of latest databook and it's enough. Although transplants and other experiments may have increased his reserves. We don't know how much exactly is "high enough" for Sage Mode. 4 sounds good to me.

        Loading editor
    • I think 4.5 is the lower limit of the stamina/chakra need. Because Tsunade has a 4 and was a Sannin, she would of done anything to get stronger and better her village and protect the people she cares for so if she could become a Sage then she would have done it.

        Loading editor
    • Or slugs don't know Senjutsu :P

        Loading editor
    • Or maybe, just like Minato she never used it for battle, only learned and mastered it and then never bothered with it ever again.. we will never know.

        Loading editor
    • are there only slugs in d wood?.why didnt hashirama recognise katsuyu on d battlefield?.just a few question for u to ans @hax.sannins are as popular as the hokages in naruto world.slugs dont deal with senjustu.

        Loading editor
    • Can we even count the data books as a reference anymore? Kishimoto retconned the shit out them.

        Loading editor
    • Of course we can.

        Loading editor
    • That maybe true but didn't you guys ever wonder where hashirama learned his wood techniques from?

        Loading editor
    • i think, just like obito he unlocked it in a fit of rage, in the middle of battle.

        Loading editor
    • ItachiWasAHero wrote: i think, just like obito he unlocked it in a fit of rage, in the middle of battle.

      True true. The wood element was special to only Hashman

        Loading editor
    • SuperSajuuk
      SuperSajuuk removed this reply because:
      merged.
      10:50, September 25, 2014
      This reply has been removed
    • Kay Uchiha1 wrote: The wood element was special to only Hashman

      Yeah but every technique has to be learned unless it comes natural. He must have learned it from somewhere cause he did't start using it till he was an adult.

        Loading editor
    • Or he developed the techniques himself, since from what I remember most the characters referred to the techniques as Hashirama's, like when Madara used it.

        Loading editor
    • Haxs wrote:

      Yeah but every technique has to be learned unless it comes natural. He must have learned it from somewhere cause he did't start using it till he was an adult.

      So who did Minato learn Rasengan from? And Who taught Kakashi Lightning cutter?

      People can develop their own Ninjutsu. And wood element is just what you get by mixing Water and Earth chakra (Hashi makes full trees because of Ashura's Yang chakra, which Naruto showed causes Wood Release to turn to trees).

        Loading editor
    • I actually think that Hashirama is the only wood release user because its turns chakra into the source of life. Now, call me crazy, but i think that might stem from his whole powerful life force, stamina and Yang chakra which literally "breathes life into form" (basically, the Asura deal). Seeing as how Kurama's Yang chakra caused the wood release to bloom, idk. Also, Jugo's not a sage mode user because Kabuto wasn't using his power to enter it, but to supplement it's time limit it infinity. Same with jiraiya, he's not "passively absorbing" natural energy, but having the toads help collect it for him and mix it. And The is the "God of Shinobi" we're talking about, I'm sure he could learn to use sage mode himself. He might even be its creator, but that's a stretch.

        Loading editor
    • Riptide240 wrote: I actually think that Hashirama is the only wood release user because its turns chakra into the source of life. Now, call me crazy, but i think that might stem from his whole powerful life force, stamina and Yang chakra which literally "breathes life into form" (basically, the Asura deal). Seeing as how Kurama's Yang chakra caused the wood release to bloom, idk. Also, Jugo's not a sage mode user because Kabuto wasn't using his power to enter it, but to supplement it's time limit it infinity. Same with jiraiya, he's not "passively absorbing" natural energy, but having the toads help collect it for him and mix it. And The is the "God of Shinobi" we're talking about, I'm sure he could learn to use sage mode himself. He might even be its creator, but that's a stretch.

      Yamato has wood release but not Yang. Wood Release is Water and Earth, Hashi makes trees with Yang but Yamato makes wooden planks without it. So6P is God of Shinobi. Not Hashi.

        Loading editor
    • Do you even know why Yamato has Wood release? He has hashirama's cells like everybody else who uses wood release

        Loading editor
    • Riptide240 wrote: Do you even know why Yamato has Wood release? He has hashirama's cells like everybody else who uses wood release

      Only Hashi has Ashura's Yang, Yamato isn't Ashura's reincarnation. Everyone who uses wood release has Hashirama's cells, yes, but that's because only his DNA has the coding for the ratio of Earth to Water necessary to make Wood.

      Ratio is proven to be a factor by Lava Release. "Rubber Pops" has Lava Release that makes Rubber, Mei Temuri makes Magma with Lava Release. How? They use two different ratios.

        Loading editor
    • SuperSajuuk
      SuperSajuuk removed this reply because:
      merged.
      10:50, September 25, 2014
      This reply has been removed
    • Riptide240 wrote: He might even be its creator, but that's a stretch.

      Sage Mode existed even at the era of hagoromo.

      Jashin Uchiha wrote: So who did Minato learn Rasengan from? And Who taught Kakashi Lightning cutter?

      Thats why i said unless it comes natural and i didnt say SOMEONE taught it to them. Minato actually learned how to make rasengan from bijuudama. Kakashi LEARNED how to focus chakra on his palms.

        Loading editor
    • SuperSajuuk
      SuperSajuuk removed this reply because:
      merged.
      08:51, September 24, 2014
      This reply has been removed
    • Kurama's yang chakra doesn't cause trees to bloom, I wish people would already stop spreading that nonsense.

        Loading editor
    • Elveonora wrote: Kurama's yang chakra doesn't cause trees to bloom

      I think it does though. Cause a high concentration of Yang chakra cause white zetsus and yamato's plans to grow into trees.

        Loading editor
    • Elveonora wrote: Kurama's yang chakra doesn't cause trees to bloom, I wish people would already stop spreading that nonsense.

      Well, then what causes Wood Release techniques and Zetsu bodies to turn into trees when near Naruto's Nine-Tails Chakra Mode? Kurama's chakra, no doubt about that.

        Loading editor
    • No, it doesn't, no such thing was ever stated or even suggested. In fact it was attributed to Naruto's own life force, nothing with Yang fox or otherwise bullshit nonsense people like to make up.

        Loading editor
    • Nine tails chakra mode is a high concentration of yang chakra.

        Loading editor
    • Elveonora wrote: No, it doesn't, no such thing was ever stated or even suggested. In fact it was attributed to Naruto's own life force, nothing with Yang fox or otherwise bullshit nonsense people like to make up.

      Well, not to sound rude, but then why doesn't Yamato Wood Release turn into trees when near Naruto in a normal state?

        Loading editor
    • No, it isn't, Minato had Yin Kurama and could use chakra mode just fine. And yang has nothing to do with the trees at all.

        Loading editor
    • Minato's chakra mode is different. Its not yang.

        Loading editor
    • Well, Naruto in order to enter Nine-Tails Chakra Mode has to shelve his own chakra to use the fox's chakra, and only then the trees near him develop. Yamato stated that this was due to Naruto emanating life force. So, either Naruto or Kurama's life force was what caused this event. Since Naruto was using Kurama's chakra, it's more likely that it was due to the fox's power.

        Loading editor
    • JOA20 wrote: Well, not to sound rude, but then why doesn't Yamato Wood Release turn into trees when near Naruto in a normal state?

      No idea, but Yamato said it's Naruto's life force doing that in the very chapter, it was never attributed to Kurama or Yang bs for that matter. For all we know, Minato with Yin Kurama's chakra standing next to plant would make it grow too, or perhaps it wouldn't, but not because he had Yin instead of Yang, but because his life force wasn't strong enough.

      EDIT: then Kurama's life force as well it may be, but life force isn't Yang.

        Loading editor
    • Nine tails chakra mode gives life force. Yang is physical energy that governs vitality that breaks life into things.

        Loading editor
    • SuperSajuuk
      SuperSajuuk removed this reply because:
      merged.
      11:11, September 24, 2014
      This reply has been removed
    • But Yang isn't life force. Even databook distinguishes between chakra and life force. Chakra is half made of physical energy, so if physical energy were life force, chakra would be life force, but it isn't.

      Naruto could barely keep Obito alive with Yang chakra, life force on the other hand can not only bring dead back to life but even give life to inanimate objects as shown with Chiyo's attempt with the puppets and Kabuto animating stalactites in the cave.

        Loading editor
    • Elveonora wrote: Naruto could barely keep Obito alive with Yang chakra

      He was shot with a devastating technique whatchu expect lol

        Loading editor
    • SuperSajuuk
      SuperSajuuk removed this reply because:
      useless post.
      11:11, September 24, 2014
      This reply has been removed
    • My whole point is that Yang isn't life force and the plants going crazy thing was never attributed to Yang but life force. Anyway, back on topic, that being Hash and his Sage Mode.

        Loading editor
    • Yang breathes life so logically it is life force. I wonder if you could split every bijuu between ying and yang so theres two of each. That would be cool

        Loading editor
    • SuperSajuuk
      SuperSajuuk removed this reply because:
      merged.
      11:11, September 24, 2014
      This reply has been removed
    • Jashin Uchiha wrote:

      Riptide240 wrote: Do you even know why Yamato has Wood release? He has hashirama's cells like everybody else who uses wood release

      Only Hashi has Ashura's Yang, Yamato isn't Ashura's reincarnation. Everyone who uses wood release has Hashirama's cells, yes, but that's because only his DNA has the coding for the ratio of Earth to Water necessary to make Wood.

      Well technically, wood release is turning the user's chakra into the source of life for the plants to use as a medium for them to grow. That's why I personally think it's attributed to his whole Asura chakra/Yang/life force thing.

        Loading editor
    • Riptide240 wrote:

      Well technically, wood release is turning the user's chakra into the source of life for the plants to use as a medium for them to grow. That's why I personally think it's attributed to his whole Asura chakra/Yang/life force thing.

      Yeah but Yamato's wooden planks aren't living, so wood release can be used without yang but is weaker.

        Loading editor
    • Elveonora wrote: My whole point is that Yang isn't life force and the plants going crazy thing was never attributed to Yang but life force.

      Read Yang Release. "based on the physical energy that governs vitality, can be used to breathe life into form."

        Loading editor
    • He doesn't get it lol i think he was also the one that said sage trans is sage mode.

        Loading editor
    • Elveonora wrote: Do you even read? Sage Transformation is Sage Mode with Jugo Clan's bodily fluids.

      He was. Sage trans isn't Sage Mode because during Taka's fight with Killer B Jugo replaced a good portion of Sasuke's chest with his own flesh. But against Obito (as a Jinchuriki) he used Jugo to gather natural energy to mix with his Susanoo. Sage trans would have taken over due to the Natural energy at some point especially if it was concentrated around him. This was a Psuedo-Sage Mode (as he was using Natural energy) but Sage trans never even hinted at appearance.

        Loading editor
    • SuperSajuuk
      SuperSajuuk removed this reply because:
      merged.
      10:51, September 25, 2014
      This reply has been removed
    • Jashin Uchiha wrote: Sage trans isn't Sage Mode because during Taka's fight with Killer B Jugo replaced a good portion of Sasuke's chest with his own flesh. But against Obito (as a Jinchuriki) he used Jugo to gather natural energy to mix with his Susanoo. Sage trans would have taken over due to the Natural energy at some point especially if it was concentrated around him. This was a Psuedo-Sage Mode (as he was using Natural energy) but Sage trans never even hinted at appearance.

      Try telling Elveonora that cause i did lol Explained it detail by detail but insisted i was wrong lol

        Loading editor
    • I think it's entirely possible that Hashirama learned sage mode himself. Possible.

      Isn't sage transformation just when senjutsu chakra distorts your body? Like when the curse seal pours the senjutsu chakra into the user and it changes their body? Or when Jiraiya starts turning more toad-like?

      Isn't sage transformation a result of not being able to balance your own chakra with nature chakra? I'm confused x_x

        Loading editor
    • AsianReaper wrote: I think it's entirely possible that Hashirama learned sage mode himself. Possible.

      Yeah he did learn it himself.

      AsianReaper wrote: Isn't sage transformation just when senjutsu chakra distorts your body? Like when the curse seal pours the senjutsu chakra into the user and it changes their body? Or when Jiraiya starts turning more toad-like?

      Isn't sage transformation a result of not being able to balance your own chakra with nature chakra? I'm confused x_x

      Um...kinda, its actually intentional, even if jugo doesn't intend to do something his "alter ego", the one who wants to kill everything, does and that "alter ego" is in control of jugo's Senjutsu. If it gets enough Senjutsu it can control his whole body. With the Cursed Seal this "alter ego" is replaced by a conscious piece of Orochimaru's Chakra.

        Loading editor
    • So much nonsense in your statements, but I'm gonna leave it at that.

        Loading editor
    • Elveonora
      Elveonora removed this reply because:
      idiocy
      10:17, September 25, 2014
      This reply has been removed
    • Jashin Uchiha wrote:

      Riptide240 wrote:

      Well technically, wood release is turning the user's chakra into the source of life for the plants to use as a medium for them to grow. That's why I personally think it's attributed to his whole Asura chakra/Yang/life force thing.

      Yeah but Yamato's wooden planks aren't living, so wood release can be used without yang but is weaker.

      Actually, Yamato can he's used techniques like his nativity of a sea of trees technique. He just possesses a weaker variant of Hashirama's wood release in general. It has nothing to do with possessing his yang chakra.

        Loading editor
    • I personaly think he did it learn from Shikkotsu Forest. Shikkotsu Forest is not called legendary for nothing, together with Mount Myōboku and Ryūchi Cave. I'm not saying it's impossible that he learned it himself, but chances for that is definitley smaller than learning it in Shikkotsu Forest.

      Some says why he didn't recognize Katsuyu on battlefield. I have 2 explanation: 1. He didn't have time to pay attention at all since he had focused on stoping Juubi from time he came to battlefield. 2. There are not only Katsuyu's in Shikkotsu Forest (are in Mount Myōboku all Gambunata's or Gmakichi's), and he learned it long time ago, so there had to be another slug queen or something, so seeing Katsuyu means nothing.

      Some says why didn't Tsunade learned it ... having acces there doesn't mean u have to learn sage mode and besides she had her Strength of a Hundred Technique, or there is another reason why she didn't ...

        Loading editor
    • Daywakler wrote: I personaly think he did it learn from Shikkotsu Forest. Shikkotsu Forest is not called legendary for nothing, together with Mount Myōboku and Ryūchi Cave. I'm not saying it's impossible that he learned it himself, but chances for that is definitley smaller than learning it in Shikkotsu Forest.

      Some says why he didn't recognize Katsuyu on battlefield. I have 2 explanation: 1. He didn't have time to pay attention at all since he had focused on stoping Juubi from time he came to battlefield. 2. There are not only Katsuyu's in Shikkotsu Forest (are in Mount Myōboku all Gambunata's or Gmakichi's), and he learned it long time ago, so there had to be another slug queen or something, so seeing Katsuyu means nothing.

      Some says why didn't Tsunade learned it ... having acces there doesn't mean u have to learn sage mode and besides she had her Strength of a Hundred Technique, or there is another reason why she didn't ...

      She didn't have chakra suitable for sage mode. Its a more logical thing but these guys think he was self taught.

        Loading editor
    • That's honestly complete garbage. Tsunade is a senju, who are known for their high reserves

        Loading editor
    • So what if she does, does she 'have to' learnt it then, besides as i said, she has her Strength of a Hundred Technique which resembles Sage mode a lot or there can be other reasons, who knows

        Loading editor
    • So Tsunade, who has chakra made up of Senju and Uzumaki chakras, both clans have a member that have learned Sage Mode, can't possibly use Sage Mode, seems pretty illogical especially taken into account Naruto also has Kurama's 'demon fox' chakra.

        Loading editor
    • And i guess for things like this, other users MS abilities etc. that wasn't cleared by magna, we'll have to keep our opinions for us, since we dont have any value prof, and not all people thinks the same, so there will always be different thoughts and opinions.

      @Victory No one said she is not able to learn it, omg. But for third time, there could be hundred resons why she didn't, mine guess was cuz of her Strength of a Hundred Technique.

        Loading editor
    • SuperSajuuk
      SuperSajuuk removed this reply because:
      merged.
      16:28, September 25, 2014
      This reply has been removed
    • Riptide240 wrote: That's honestly complete garbage. Tsunade is a senju, who are known for their high reserves

      By that i didn't mean she had to learn it. Just that I'm sure she could've.

        Loading editor
    • If Tsunade was going to know and use Sage Mode she would have done it against Madara

        Loading editor
    • Once again, i didn't say she did, but she could've

        Loading editor
    • @Itachi, u just said thing we already knew, she hasn't learned it. We agreed that she could've but she didn't, for unknown reason.

        Loading editor
    • Okay, none of us officially know whether Hashirama has Slug Sage Mode or not. But it's more likely that he learned it from the Shikkotsu Forest than learning it himself. As I have stated before, Mount Myoboku, the Ryuchi Cave, and Shikkotsu Forest are all equally famous. Two out of those three have been confirmed to have a Sage Mode, so why wouldn't the third one have it as well? What else would it be famous for? Naruto has Toad Sage Mode, Kabuto has Snake Sage Mode, and Hashirama has a third and unknown type of Sage Mode. Also, Hashirama's Sage Mode is related to healing (not entirely), I remember when Madara talked about acquiring Hashirama's great healing abilities after stealing his senjutsu chakra with a close-up of it too.

      Toad Sages have Frog Kata, I assume Snake Sages have some snake-like abilities (Based on Kabuto, but most of his abilities were probably genetic due to him being half snake anyway), and Slugs have healing. The design of his Sage Mode looks similar to the SOHS that Tsunade uses as well. Either way, more evidence points towards it being Slug Sage Mode than anything else. How the hell would he even learn it himself? Hashirama isn't even a Sensor-Type I believe, so how would he learn to feel natural energy, control it, manipulate it, and master it on his own? That makes no sense at all. Besides, there are hints that also point to it being Slug Sage Mode. Hashirama uses Wood Release and has a Sage Mode, the Shikkotsu Forest means "Damp Bone Forest", which is obviously full of trees and woods. Slugs are associated with healing, Hashirama is known for his great healing prowess, so I say it's safe to say that he most likely has Slug Sage Mode (not asking to put it on a page or anything). Since there is nothing else it could possibly be, the "he learned it himself" has no proof whatsoever and when has it even been stated or mentioned that someone can learn sage mode themselves?

        Loading editor
    • Daywakler wrote: @Victory No one said she is not able to learn it, omg. But for third time, there could be hundred resons why she didn't, mine guess was cuz of her Strength of a Hundred Technique.

      Haxs said she could not learn Sage Mode because, I quote "She didn't have chakra suitable for sage mode." If Tsunade had the chance to learn Sage Mode why wouldn't she have? Not like she was doing much for a while except gambling.

        Loading editor
    • SuperSajuuk
      SuperSajuuk removed this reply because:
      merged.
      16:28, September 25, 2014
      This reply has been removed
    • Jashin Uchiha wrote:

      Riptide240 wrote: Do you even know why Yamato has Wood release? He has hashirama's cells like everybody else who uses wood release

      Only Hashi has Ashura's Yang, Yamato isn't Ashura's reincarnation. Everyone who uses wood release has Hashirama's cells, yes, but that's because only his DNA has the coding for the ratio of Earth to Water necessary to make Wood.

      Ratio is proven to be a factor by Lava Release. "Rubber Pops" has Lava Release that makes Rubber, Mei Temuri makes Magma with Lava Release. How? They use two different ratios.

      I think if you have Hashis cells you also get Ashuras chakra.Madara unlocked the rinnegan by transplanting a part of Hashirama's body (cells).you have to mix Indra and Ashura chakra to unlock rinnegan

        Loading editor
    • You do get Ashura chakra with Hashi's cells.

        Loading editor
    • Legendary Super Saiya-Jin 4 wrote: Okay, none of us officially know whether Hashirama has Slug Sage Mode or not. But it's more likely that he learned it from the Shikkotsu Forest than learning it himself. As I have stated before, Mount Myoboku, the Ryuchi Cave, and Shikkotsu Forest are all equally famous. Two out of those three have been confirmed to have a Sage Mode, so why wouldn't the third one have it as well? What else would it be famous for? Naruto has Toad Sage Mode, Kabuto has Snake Sage Mode, and Hashirama has a third and unknown type of Sage Mode. Also, Hashirama's Sage Mode is related to healing (not entirely), I remember when Madara talked about acquiring Hashirama's great healing abilities after stealing his senjutsu chakra with a close-up of it too.

      Toad Sages have Frog Kata, I assume Snake Sages have some snake-like abilities (Based on Kabuto, but most of his abilities were probably genetic due to him being half snake anyway), and Slugs have healing. The design of his Sage Mode looks similar to the SOHS that Tsunade uses as well. Either way, more evidence points towards it being Slug Sage Mode than anything else. How the hell would he even learn it himself? Hashirama isn't even a Sensor-Type I believe, so how would he learn to feel natural energy, control it, manipulate it, and master it on his own? That makes no sense at all. Besides, there are hints that also point to it being Slug Sage Mode. Hashirama uses Wood Release and has a Sage Mode, the Shikkotsu Forest means "Damp Bone Forest", which is obviously full of trees and woods. Slugs are associated with healing, Hashirama is known for his great healing prowess, so I say it's safe to say that he most likely has Slug Sage Mode (not asking to put it on a page or anything). Since there is nothing else it could possibly be, the "he learned it himself" has no proof whatsoever and when has it even been stated or mentioned that someone can learn sage mode themselves?

      Finaly, someone with same thoughts.

        Loading editor
    • I believe Hashman learned Sage Mode on his own.Ashuras pick things up when they want to protect people.

        Loading editor
    • Victory9000 wrote: If Tsunade had the chance to learn Sage Mode why wouldn't she have? Not like she was doing much for a while except gambling.

      I didn't say i agrred with Haxs on not having suitable chakra. I just don't know why people think that by being able to become sage u actualy have to. We don't know reason for that. Against Madara she used her SOHT with healing ability Madara stated being same as Hashirama's. She probably didn't find it necessary due to having her already mentioned SOHT.

        Loading editor
    • I'm out of here.

      Daywakler wrote: And i guess for things like this, other users MS abilities etc. that wasn't cleared by magna, we'll have to keep our opinions for us, since we dont have any value prof, and not all people thinks the same, so there will always be different thoughts and opinions.

      People clearly have different beliefs, and any of us don't have value profe. So, good luck arguing. :)

        Loading editor
    • Seriously Hashirama's sage mode doesn't have anything to do with slugs(no reference at all in the manga/not once did Hashi say hi to Katsuyu).Although much is not known about the Shikkotsu forest if there are other animals so it might still be possible its from there.I don't believe Hashi's healing is related to Tsunade's.Medical ninjutsu is a product of yang(physical energy).Hashirama's sage mode amplifies his physical energy and medical ninjutsu allowing regeneration.

        Loading editor
    • I don't believe the healing was attributed to Sage Mode, wasn't they shown use it without Sage Mode?

        Loading editor
    • Elveonora wrote: I don't believe the healing was attributed to Sage Mode, wasn't they shown use it without Sage Mode?

      Haven't seen Hashi regenerate without Sage mode.When alive Madara stole Hashi senjutsu chakra he started regenerating quickly.Sage mode speeds the healing factor up since it amplifies all physical stats.

        Loading editor
    • Yes, but the healing can be used independently of Sage Mode, that's why I don't get why people link the healing with slugs.

        Loading editor
    • Kay Uchiha1 wrote:

      Elveonora wrote: I don't believe the healing was attributed to Sage Mode, wasn't they shown use it without Sage Mode?

      Haven't seen Hashi regenerate without Sage mode.When alive Madara stole Hashi senjutsu chakra he started regenerating quickly.Sage mode speeds the healing factor up since it amplifies all physical stats.

      How about when Madara bit Hashi's shoulder and he healed seconds later

        Loading editor
    • I believe the healing power is associated with Hashirama himself AND his Sage Mode. Madara didn't really start showing off any incredible healing power until he took Hashirama's Senjutsu and started getting his ass kicked by the Tailed Beast. I mean Yamato and Danzo have his DNA, but they never showed off any incredible healing abilities.

        Loading editor
    • But then again, look at Obito

        Loading editor
    • Like Rip said, when Madara bit a chunk out of his shoulder it regenerated near instantly without sage mode. Same with Obito.

        Loading editor
    • Riptide240 wrote:

      Kay Uchiha1 wrote:

      Elveonora wrote: I don't believe the healing was attributed to Sage Mode, wasn't they shown use it without Sage Mode?

      Haven't seen Hashi regenerate without Sage mode.When alive Madara stole Hashi senjutsu chakra he started regenerating quickly.Sage mode speeds the healing factor up since it amplifies all physical stats.

      How about when Madara bit Hashi's shoulder and he healed seconds later

      Sorry can you refresh my memory by providing a link.I'll beleive you then

        Loading editor
    • ItachiWasAHero wrote: Like Rip said, when Madara bit a chunk out of his shoulder it regenerated near instantly without sage mode. Same with Obito.

      When did Obito regen? He kinda just let Kakashi put a hole in him and said "haha, I'm heartless"

        Loading editor
    • @Jashin, that was genjutsu. Obito regenerated for example in latest episode the damage from Amaterasu.

        Loading editor
    • Elveonora wrote: @Jashin, that was genjutsu. Obito regenerated for example in latest episode the damage from Amaterasu.

      Ah ok. and it was only genjutsu in Kamui's dimension, Kakashi actually pierced him in the original dimension closely after Naruto breaks his mask.

        Loading editor
    • Jashin Uchiha wrote: When did Obito regen? He kinda just let Kakashi put a hole in him and said "haha, I'm heartless"

      That was genjutsu. When Kakashi actually pierced Obito's heart, the Uchiha managed to teleport and to become the Ten-Tails' jinchuriki, which healed all of his wounds.

        Loading editor
    • When Naruto hit his arm with Rasengan, and then Madara as an Edo Tensei arrived, it was shown healing instantly.

        Loading editor
    • Obito can heal himself.

        Loading editor
    • Yea because of his artificial body parts from Hashiramas DNA

        Loading editor
    • Or his sage mode is from his wood release. Since wood release comes from shinju dna like sharingan does maybe their are more than one aspect to a kekkei genkai than just nature. This is evident in lava and boil release which can use steam acid and rubber. I also wonder if obsidian is possible use of lava release. Diamond with crystal release too. The third eye on hashi is one thing that sparked my theory possibly hinting it as an incomplete six paths sage mode. Hagoromo had a similar mark on his forehead. Hashirama is also the only one to fully master wood style. If he had all 9 beasts chakra he possibly would have awakened six paths sage mode.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message