FANDOM


  • What/who is the scariest thing/character in Naruto?

    For me, it's Gaara when he was a bad guy...

      Loading editor
    • Orochimaru near him (Little Boys) and girls. lol just joking but still orochimaru

      Death god demon.

      Gaara bad guy form if your not a powerful ninja.

      Saskue if your in his hit list.

      Danzo if you really know how evil he is.

      Naruto nine tailed form before killer bee training

      No one really scare me. But those people are some what scarer if you are in the show.

        Loading editor
    • The time while Itachi was the evil guy... and then I felt genuinely bad for hating him when the truth was revealed ;_;

        Loading editor
    • Orochimaru, definitely. You don't want to be his "patient" for sure. Although his personality changed somewhat since his revival, strange.

        Loading editor
    • Hmmm... Evil Gaara for me. One messed up kid XP

        Loading editor
    • Well, for me is the scariest character in "Naruto": Orochimaru!!

        Loading editor
    • scariest thing for me is 1.kaguya all kiling ash bones 2. obito wood jutsu U know wood spear/watever u call it hit u and then branches comes out u and....stuff

      the common thing between those two jutsus is that i am scared of blade going through me and then some weird stuff happens to me

        Loading editor
    • I'm more frightened of Kabuto. Trying to understand his childhood and all his mental problems terrifies me to no end. Though the tie for first for me is Kidomaru's summon: Kyodaigumo. Spiders freak me the hell out. Then there's Satori and the Box of Ultimate Bliss from Blood Prison, and Muku's transformation into Satori. Also, when Kimimaro uses his Dead Bone Pulse in the manga. I'm a little thankful to the anime's censors for that one. And I'm not sure if anyone remembers, but when Shino caused Zaku's arm to blow off during the Chunin Exam Prelims. Basically, there's a lot of scary things/characters in this series.

        Loading editor
    • Kaguya Clansman wrote:

      And I'm not sure if anyone remembers, but when Shino caused Zaku's arm to blow off during the Chunin Exam Prelims.

      OH DUDE! y r so right!

        Loading editor
    • Sakura with her charming personality. I guess I would have to say either Orochimaru in his true snake form, or Gaara when he killed those three people from Amegakure during the Chunin exams, because he was totes crae

        Loading editor
    • Or hidan.

        Loading editor
    • Grandpa Madara also wasn't pretty to look at.

        Loading editor
    • I frequent the Naruto/Nightmare Fuel page on TV Tropes. Oh, and I forgot to mention Orochimaru's "Inner World" when he tried to take over Sasuke, as well as the Shinigami, the Ten-Tails and its various stages, and last but not least Kaguya. Plus, Madara was scary as hell when he sensed Hashirama's presence

        Loading editor
    • Interesting responses, everyone! :)

        Loading editor
    • ooooh I read someone's post and I agree, Shino as an enemy would make me run so fast

        Loading editor
    • Personally, I think Hidan, Minato, and any amaterasu user are extremely terrifying. that horrible feeling of the unknown attack from Minato, or the absolute fear of the awaiting pain/death after you've been struck by Hidan. Also, the idea of burning alive by an inextinguishable flame that appears instantly would make anyone run away. But these are just the main ones for me, of course there are others like orochimaru, kakuzu, madara, obito, third hokage, kisame

        Loading editor
    • I think the Minato, Amaterasu user, and Hidan ones are pretty legit.. don't forget psycho Gaara crushing you into pulp with bloody sand.

        Loading editor
    • To me, it has to be Naruto. Dude's a pawn of his turbulent emotions, with enough power to lay waste to a person simply by breathing. If I can't predict his reaction, I don't like it.

        Loading editor
    • Does anyone remember when Hiruzen was able to knock the skin off Orochimaru's face, revealing that he was currently inhabiting a woman's body? That laugh was the creepiest thing I've ever seen.

      Sasuke's rape face when he stabbed through Karin to get to Danzo was pretty unsettling. Black background, music abruptly ending...

      And finally, there was the time Obito went FUCKING WILD after Rin died. I was shocked when it was actually more violent in the anime than the manga. My jaw almost detached from my skull.

        Loading editor
    • Kakuzu of course. Guy ripped hearts of people from their chests using his bare hands.

        Loading editor
    • Elveonora wrote: Kakuzu of course. Guy ripped hearts of people from their chests using his bare hands.

      Kali-Ma-no-Jutsu. Priceless.

        Loading editor
    • Elveonora wrote: Kakuzu of course. Guy ripped hearts of people from their chests using his bare hands.

      I actually found Madara ripping out eyes waaay creepier.

        Loading editor
    • Kokuo. Creepy ass horse.

        Loading editor
    • yeah i'm imagining kokuo staring at me with his/her creepy eyes

        Loading editor
    • JOA20 wrote:

      Elveonora wrote: Kakuzu of course. Guy ripped hearts of people from their chests using his bare hands.

      I actually found Madara ripping out eyes waaay creepier.

      I almost forgot five hearts Kakuzu that is a little creepier.

        Loading editor
    • I wouldn't say scariest but creepiest hands down goes to Orochimaru and craziest would go to Gaara before Naruto converted him. Lol converted.

        Loading editor
    • Nagato

      He uses his friends corpse to fight Naruto.

      That's messed up!

        Loading editor
    • I'm liking everyone's opinions and explanations! :)

        Loading editor
    • Sasori, no doubt.

        Loading editor
    • Well his deep voice as Hirkuo is creepy but not enough to scare me IMO

        Loading editor
    • Yamato's "face". You know what I'm talking about. Ragemode Sakura. Even Naruto is freaked out by that one.

        Loading editor
    • Orochimaru lost all creepiness for me when he did that silly neck stretch thing at Suigetsu and Karin when they were arguing and he was gonna heal Tsunade.

        Loading editor
    • nothing too scary abt it now,but when i started watching naruto,i was a little scared of orochimaru's snakes.

        Loading editor
    • Either Orochimaru or Evil Gaara. Naruto's insane power can get scary too.

        Loading editor
    • Personally for me it's female Orochimaru who scary. I also find the Aburame Clan's insects living inside their skin disgusting.

        Loading editor
    • A slight paraphrase of Obito and Madara's first conversation, chapter 602:

      "How can I thank you? You don't want me to...clean your junk off, do you?

      "Well...I mean, if you really want to..."

        Loading editor
    • Everything about Zabuza and also Ladyboy Orochimaru

        Loading editor
    • Sakura in the morning >.<

        Loading editor
    • Kimimaro in dinosaur mode :D

        Loading editor
    • Hagoromo gets me a bit on edge as well, a little bit.

        Loading editor
    • Kaguuuuuya:hagoromo! hamura! i hate u(her face)

        Loading editor
    • Going with Kakuzu. Or pretty much any villain that went after another characters body part or blood. Its one thing to be killed by your opponent, but to be maliciously stalked or hunted, then killed or disfigured in the most dishonorable way just to gain your abilities or very being is pretty unsettling. I cite Danzo on this one- completely sick and twisted.

        Loading editor
    • Arabian Ninja wrote: Kaguuuuuya:hagoromo! hamura! i hate u(her face)

      Yes, that was horrifying.

        Loading editor
    • Arabian Ninja wrote:

      Kaguya Clansman wrote:

      And I'm not sure if anyone remembers, but when Shino caused Zaku's arm to blow off during the Chunin Exam Prelims.

      OH DUDE! y r so right!

      Yeah, remember when shit like this happened in the series and it was kinda dark?

      My vote is old Kabuto, he collected dead bodies (including and especially children), and kept them in a scroll. That's twisted right there.

      By this old standard I would imagine Jugo regenerating by savagely cannibalizing a body rather than literally being Cell from DBZ.

        Loading editor
    • People vomiting snakes and frogs is creepy, too.

        Loading editor
    • NeedleJizo wrote: A slight paraphrase of Obito and Madara's first conversation, chapter 602:

      "How can I thank you? You don't want me to...clean your junk off, do you?

      "Well...I mean, if you really want to..."

      Madara would probably die, lol.

        Loading editor
    • Being hit by bee or A's lariat

      • BAM!!!* your heart and lung are blown off and....etc
        Loading editor
    • I'm glad this thread exists because I've been wanting to talk about scary Naruto moments for a while. I'll probably add more later, but here's a start.

      I agree that psychopathic Gaara is scary. Shoot, you could probably start a whole thread of just scary Gaara moments. "BLOOD! IT'S MY BLOOODDDD!" "Do I frighten you, Sasuke Uchiha!?" ~shudders~ I think half-Shukaku Gaara was way scarier than full-Shukaku Gaara. Also, as Shikamaru put it, Gaara killed so automatically. He'd burst people like a pimple and think nothing of it.

      I also agree about Kyodaigumo. That scene with the Rain of Spiders made me think, "Okay, how are shinobi not psychologically scarred from experiencing things like this?!" I wonder if the ninja hospital has a psych ward with shinobi who couldn't handle things that they'd experienced (like victims of shell shock in World War I). On a related note, who else remembers the giant leeches from the Forest of Death? That scene creeped me out.

      It was scary when Itachi first used his Tsukuyomi, making Kakashi feel like multiple copies of him were being bound crucifixion-style and stabbed for three days straight. It was scarier in the anime because it was drawn out. There was poor Kakashi being tortured for three minutes straight (I checked my clock), and then Itachi matter-of-factly told him, "Only two days, twenty-three hours, fifty-nine minutes, and fifty-nine seconds to go." Holy-! :-0

        Loading editor
    • Yeah and people say Itachi was a good guy...

        Loading editor
    • Raidra wrote: I'm glad this thread exists because I've been wanting to talk about scary Naruto moments for a while. I'll probably add more later, but here's a start.

      I agree that psychopathic Gaara is scary. Shoot, you could probably start a whole thread of just scary Gaara moments. "BLOOD! IT'S MY BLOOODDDD!" "Do I frighten you, Sasuke Uchiha!?" ~shudders~ I think half-Shukaku Gaara was way scarier than full-Shukaku Gaara. Also, as Shikamaru put it, Gaara killed so automatically. He'd burst people like a pimple and think nothing of it.

      I also agree about Kyodaigumo. That scene with the Rain of Spiders made me think, "Okay, how are shinobi not psychologically scarred from experiencing things like this?!" I wonder if the ninja hospital has a psych ward with shinobi who couldn't handle things that they'd experienced (like victims of shell shock in World War I). On a related note, who else remembers the giant leeches from the Forest of Death? That scene creeped me out.

      It was scary when Itachi first used his Tsukuyomi, making Kakashi feel like multiple copies of him were being bound crucifixion-style and stabbed for three days straight. It was scarier in the anime because it was drawn out. There was poor Kakashi being tortured for three minutes straight (I checked my clock), and then Itachi matter-of-factly told him, "Only two days, twenty-three hours, fifty-nine minutes, and fifty-nine seconds to go." Holy-! :-0

      Awesome response! :D

        Loading editor
    • One of the creepiest events was when Naruto battled Orochimaru in four-tails form. Orochimaru got completely mutilated but still survived.

      Also, Sasuke when he's about to stab Danzo and Karin.

        Loading editor
    • And Kakashi stayed conscious. Lol he's epic.

      I think I was freaked out when Madara became the Ten-Tails host. I saw how insane Obito got. I saw how Madara beat up the tailed beasts with only ONE of his eyes (Kurama alone was almost too much for Konoha and cost the Fourth his life). He beat nine tailed beast. With an eye. And then he gets the Ten Tails? He also dodged Sasuke's sword attacks pretty easy with no eyes, while Sasuke had EMS and whatnot.

      Then he got Ten Tails?? And he controlled the power immediately unlike Obito.

      I was scared. Freaked me the heck out.

        Loading editor
    • Um... Did no one else find Orochimaru's transfer ritual disturbing? Forget that Sasuke was totally dominant in that situation. If you were the victim of a transfer ritual, that would be a pretty gross and terrifying experience. Oro's appearance alone during the ritual is super creepy.

        Loading editor
    • Was I the only one who was freaked out by Obito's scaly-ass skin as the Ten-Tails' Jinchuriki? Nevermind the symbolism of his duality. It looked like Majin Buu fused with Cell...and THAT monstrosity was what Obito sealed into himself.

        Loading editor
    • Thanks, Abbzworld! :-D

        Loading editor
    • Raidra wrote: Thanks, Abbzworld! :-D

      Np. :)

        Loading editor
    • Ibiki scares me and the scariest jutsu would have to be that rinne jutsu nagato used to kill all those root members and ame shinobi. terrifying.

        Loading editor
    • How about the Bloody Mist graduation ritual (and by extension, the Root graduation ritual)? Not only is it brutal and horrifying, but the first mention of it led to another creepy moment. Kakashi noted that the ritual ended because of a demon appearing and slaughtering over a hundred students. Zabuza then revealed that he was the fiend in question, smiling as though experiencing a high and noting, "Ah, yes. Good times...I used to have such fun." Then he looked at Team 7 with an expression of bloodlust. It's scary enough to think of a young child committing mass murder (which is why there are one or two sub-genres of horror movies devoted to it), but for the now-grown child to reminiscence about it like a former high school or college athlete talking about his glory days, and then turn his attention to you with a maniacal look in his eyes, kicks it up a notch.

      I re-read the moment with the giant leeches yesterday and in addition to the actual attack (which was scary enough) the callousness of Kiba was unsettling. He gleefully noted that the leeches would suck you dry if you couldn't get them off you in five minutes and then trapped those guys in a net. This means that those shinobi probably died (unless they were able to get free and kill the leeches). This may have been changed in the anime, but in the manga they were Leaf shinobi. This would have been awkward if any survived. Kiba would be strolling to the butcher's shop and hear, "Hey, there's the a-hole who caused our buddy to get sucked dry in the Forest of Death! Let's get 'im!"

      Genjutsu and killing intent in general are scary concepts. All someone has to do is look at you (and sometimes that's not even necessary) and suddenly you're frozen in fear as you envision your torture and/or death. The two scariest are Tsukuyomi (as I mentioned already) and Demonic Flute: Phantom Sound Chains. In my opinion Ephemeral was creepy not because of the actual illusion, but because of the scene with Naruto mentally begging someone to help him.

        Loading editor
    • Elveonora wrote: Yeah and people say Itachi was a good guy...

      Bah, that's just how ex ANBU punk each other. Kinda like how Navy Seals practically drown each other. He probably got him back for a raikiri kancho when he was initiated into the ANBU.

        Loading editor
    • Listing basically every scene in Naruto which threw me for a loop:

      • Sasuke's "Death": I couldn't believe that a main character would die so early, and I had a hard time believing Sasuke could be dead. Luckily, he wasn't, so that added a bit of levity.
      • Haku throwing himself in front of Zabuza: This probably wouldn't have affected me as much if there weren't so much blood. I guess I souldn't blame Kishi for trying to be realistic though.
      • Sasuke vs. Gaara: I have to say Gaara doesn't really scare me as much as some people, but when Sasuke chidoried his sand shield and pulled out blood, then Gaara began transforming, I was legitimately creeped out. Also Gaara showing up at Lee's room with ful intent to kill was pretty scary.
      • Jiraiya and Tsunade vs. Orochimaru: Tsunade gets stabbed through the midsection! Yay! Bloodshed galore, plus animals attacking each other!
      • Neji vs. Kidomaru and Kiba vs. Sakon: Neji getting repeatedly stabbed and Kiba having to stab himself were pretty chilling.
      • Death of Gaara: It just awed me how quickly he was killed off, and how the shinobi never had a chance. Like Sasuke, though, he returns, which adds levity.
      • Itachi taking Sasuke's eyes: I had thought the Sasuke vs. Itachi battle was relatively boring at first, but this was an eye-opener for me. Even if it was only genjutsu, it genuinely scared me.
      • Eight-Tails Naruto: Just its appearance creeped me out, and the fact that it managed to break out of a PLANET made it only the more terrifying. Thank goodness daddy showed up to take the monster away :P
      • Killer B vs. Kisame: I didn't really think much about this battle until I started to realize that Killer B had no chance against this man. Kisame didn't have to do much other than stand around. When I first saw Killer B and his fight against Sasuke, I thought of him as an unstoppable powerhouse, but this was a real eye-opener for me.
      • Akatsuki raid Turtle Island: This island, said by A to be totally safe, was raided by two Akatsuki members who gained intel and a prisoner. Not feeling very secure at the moment.
      • Tsunade bisected: Seriously. I was not expecting Madara or Kishi to go that far. I don't even know how she stayed alive, it was that serious.

      And finally..."

      • Sasuke stabbed and Nine Tails extracted: When we began to realize that Naruto's Uzumaki heritage wasn't enough to survive nine tails being extracted, and when we realized that Madara stabbing Sasuke was not a genjutsu, it was all very shocking. I have to say I genuinely feared for the two characters, when it seemed no medical attention could cure them. It took a visit from a god and a former villain to heal them.
        Loading editor
    • Orochimaru and Kabuto, especially when they were in their snake forms or when snakes came out of their mouths.

        Loading editor
    • Technically, no one in this show was really "scary", but more creepy. None of them ever made me jump in my chair. The only character in Naruto close to being scary would probably be Black Zetsu.

        Loading editor
    • DerpyDoodle wrote: Listing basically every scene in Naruto which threw me for a loop:

      • Sasuke's "Death": I couldn't believe that a main character would die so early, and I had a hard time believing Sasuke could be dead. Luckily, he wasn't, so that added a bit of levity.
      • Haku throwing himself in front of Zabuza: This probably wouldn't have affected me as much if there weren't so much blood. I guess I souldn't blame Kishi for trying to be realistic though.
      • Sasuke vs. Gaara: I have to say Gaara doesn't really scare me as much as some people, but when Sasuke chidoried his sand shield and pulled out blood, then Gaara began transforming, I was legitimately creeped out. Also Gaara showing up at Lee's room with ful intent to kill was pretty scary.
      • Jiraiya and Tsunade vs. Orochimaru: Tsunade gets stabbed through the midsection! Yay! Bloodshed galore, plus animals attacking each other!
      • Neji vs. Kidomaru and Kiba vs. Sakon: Neji getting repeatedly stabbed and Kiba having to stab himself were pretty chilling.
      • Death of Gaara: It just awed me how quickly he was killed off, and how the shinobi never had a chance. Like Sasuke, though, he returns, which adds levity.
      • Itachi taking Sasuke's eyes: I had thought the Sasuke vs. Itachi battle was relatively boring at first, but this was an eye-opener for me. Even if it was only genjutsu, it genuinely scared me.
      • Eight-Tails Naruto: Just its appearance creeped me out, and the fact that it managed to break out of a PLANET made it only the more terrifying. Thank goodness daddy showed up to take the monster away :P
      • Killer B vs. Kisame: I didn't really think much about this battle until I started to realize that Killer B had no chance against this man. Kisame didn't have to do much other than stand around. When I first saw Killer B and his fight against Sasuke, I thought of him as an unstoppable powerhouse, but this was a real eye-opener for me.
      • Akatsuki raid Turtle Island: This island, said by A to be totally safe, was raided by two Akatsuki members who gained intel and a prisoner. Not feeling very secure at the moment.
      • Tsunade bisected: Seriously. I was not expecting Madara or Kishi to go that far. I don't even know how she stayed alive, it was that serious.

      And finally..."

      • Sasuke stabbed and Nine Tails extracted: When we began to realize that Naruto's Uzumaki heritage wasn't enough to survive nine tails being extracted, and when we realized that Madara stabbing Sasuke was not a genjutsu, it was all very shocking. I have to say I genuinely feared for the two characters, when it seemed no medical attention could cure them. It took a visit from a god and a former villain to heal them.

      How on Earth did I forget Kiba versus Sakon?! It honestly slipped my mind! Hearing your opponent call and suddenly finding his demon head sticking out of your own body is another one of those things that make me feel shinobi need some serious counseling in addition to medical ninjutsu. As for Haku, what made it even more unsettling was the fact that he was smiling (since he was so happy that he had proven to be of use to somebody). In any case, these were good choices and you did a hood job of explaining why you were affected by them.

        Loading editor
    • Damn Orochimaru's female face... Oh man that thing still make me sick.

      And Obito's hellish rampage of bloody mist

        Loading editor
    • Wkamui wrote: Damn Orochimaru's female face... Oh man that thing still make me sick.

      And Obito's hellish rampage of bloody mist

      I forgot about the female face one... That was soooo creepy :/

        Loading editor
    • EternalMangekyoSharinnegan wrote:

      Wkamui wrote:Damn Orochimaru's female face... Oh man that thing still make me sick.

      And Obito's hellish rampage of bloody mist

      I forgot about the female face one... That was soooo creepy :/

      Orochimaru revealing his female form definitely startled me but I found him beautiful! XD

        Loading editor
    • ten tails' roar right in your ears!

        Loading editor
    • Arabian Ninja wrote: ten tails' roar right in your ears!

      You'd probably die from it as well.

        Loading editor
    • facing guy with full gates

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message