Wikia

Narutopedia

Byakugan

  • Does anyone else feel kishimoto san should have done more with the Byakugan? I mean its one of the legendary doujutsu and yet I feel it can't hold its own against either the Sharingan or Rinnegan. Granted the power depends on the user, I still feel if the most skilled Byakugan user for example Neiji, Hiashi, or Hizashi, were to face the most skilled sharingan or Rinnegan user such as Itachi or Nagato (I've disregarded Sasuke and Madara to make it fair since they both possessed Indra's reincarnated power at one point), they would lose hands down. Maybe there's still more to the Byakugan that's yet to be revealed.

      Loading editor
    • It has been regulated to being an after thought at this point. Though it has been sort of vindicated as an ancestor of the the Sharingan and Rinnegan baring some chakra fruit.

        Loading editor
    • Very true. I guess its only new exceptional ability is using it in conjunction with the Sharingan to create the infinite tsukuyomi as Kaguya Otsutsuki did.

        Loading editor
    • I have a theory that it passed down by Hagoromo's Brother.

        Loading editor
    • too bad kishi didn't elaborate on that in the manga

        Loading editor
    • No, he kinda did. See the newst chapter, it shows Hamura having white eyes, like the users of the Byakugan, so it's a little obvious now that he inherited the dojutsu from Kaguya. So it hints that he is the ancestor of the Hyuga Clan and it also fills the rumour that the Byakugan origins lie within the Sharingan as Hamura's nephew is Indra.

        Loading editor
    • Yes finally I've been waiting forever for the Byakugan to play a more significant role. Can't wait to see how they use it in the upcoming chapters. It was pretty cool how Kaguya used it to recognize indra and ashura's chakra in Naruto and Sasuke and then incapacitate sasuke's hawk.

        Loading editor
    • In my opinion, while the Rinnegan can bring back the dead, and the Sharingan can create such powerful jutsu, the Byakugan is the only one that doesn't need bloodshed to use its powers fully. It's the more... peaceful of the three, in a way. Which is probably why it's the all-seeing WHITE eye (white is associated with peace)

        Loading editor
    • He basically did leave the byakugun out the picture. I mean its good but I didn't an upgrade not that it really needed it and the sharingan didn't need upgrades. Just another way for Kishi to overpower the Uchiha aka his favorite character Sasuke.

        Loading editor
    • He's trying to make up for it with Kaguya.
      
        Loading editor
    • NO kishi is just trying to ignore the byakugan. since till now kaguya has not shown a single technique created by byakugan,exept for that chakra fists which has been deleated by the community here. No other technique has been shown yet connected to byakugan.

        Loading editor
    • Jajati wrote: NO kishi is just trying to ignore the byakugan. since till now kaguya has not shown a single technique created by byakugan,exept for that chakra fists which has been deleated by the community here. No other technique has been shown yet connected to byakugan.

      Re-read chapter 680.

        Loading editor
    • I know thet she used the byakugan in most cases but have you seen her usig any technique related to byakugan like gentle fist?? in chapter 680 she just used her hair strangling technique to immobilize the hawk by using her byakugan but it is not in gentle fist cacagory

        Loading editor
    • Gentle Fist isn't even a Byakugan technique pal, it just uses Byakugan to precisely land the blows. Byakugan doesn't have any techniques like Sharingan and Rinnegan do, at least none that we know of.

        Loading editor
    • so can we say the technique is a kekeigenkai of byakugan or a normal technique? since the hair technique she used did not mention any kekeigenkai on it. I think kishi should show some technique related to byakugan as susanoo is related to sharingan (Mangekyo).

        Loading editor
    • Black Zetsu said it was recording everything for her. So that might mean techniques. I hope the two fuse or something.

        Loading editor
    • yeah I hope so...

        Loading editor
    • Edward Zachary Sunrose wrote: In my opinion, while the Rinnegan can bring back the dead, and the Sharingan can create such powerful jutsu, the Byakugan is the only one that doesn't need bloodshed to use its powers fully. It's the more... peaceful of the three, in a way. Which is probably why it's the all-seeing WHITE eye (white is associated with peace)

      White is also associated with death in some cultures...

        Loading editor
    • I would say despite the Byakugan being Kaguya's main set of eyes it is still getting the short end of the stick when compared to its Sharingan/Rinnegan brother. The most we got from it in this fight was Kaguya using hair needle projectiles to strike tenketsus instead of gentle fist, but that's not a new function, just another way to achieve the same results we already knew about. Personally, I prefer her method since she doesn't need to risk herself in a short-ranged physical assault, but still has a lot of catch up to do because her other abilities are so far overshadowing it.

        Loading editor
    • Elveonora wrote: Gentle Fist isn't even a Byakugan technique pal, it just uses Byakugan to precisely land the blows. Byakugan doesn't have any techniques like Sharingan and Rinnegan do, at least none that we know of.

      I agree, Gentle Fist is made easier to use because of the Byakugan. Especially higher level techniques which target tenketsu points. Seems to me that Hyuuga are born with above average chakra control which makes it easier for them to use the Gentle Fist style, or they train specifically for it. I still wonder though if a normal shinobi with very precise chakra control, and knowledge of locations of tenketsu points through intense study has the ability to use gentle fist? My guess would be a Medical nin like Kabuto. In fact Kabuto's taijutsu style resembles the gentle fist style very much.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah I noticed there are no techniques gained when getting the byakugan. Okay seeing how there is no techniques gained when getting the sharing an besides the abilities you can make use of it but then we get MS which gives the techniques at hand. There's not Mangekyo Byakugan. The only downfall is overusing the MS could lead to blindness which I found was fair but then we get EMS which emitts the effects of using it except for chairs usage. I'm mad but than again Masashi plays favs. Its his show though. But all these powerups is so unnecessary. The sharingan was enough.

        Loading editor
    • AwesomeRaikiri91 wrote:

      Elveonora wrote: Gentle Fist isn't even a Byakugan technique pal, it just uses Byakugan to precisely land the blows. Byakugan doesn't have any techniques like Sharingan and Rinnegan do, at least none that we know of.

      I agree, Gentle Fist is made easier to use because of the Byakugan. Especially higher level techniques which target tenketsu points. Seems to me that Hyuuga are born with above average chakra control which makes it easier for them to use the Gentle Fist style, or they train specifically for it. I still wonder though if a normal shinobi with very precise chakra control, and knowledge of locations of tenketsu points through intense study has the ability to use gentle fist? My guess would be a Medical nin like Kabuto. In fact Kabuto's taijutsu style resembles the gentle fist style very much.

      In a way yes but he doesn't move his hands on their level. Not even close.

        Loading editor
    • AwesomeRaikiri91 wrote:

      Elveonora wrote: Gentle Fist isn't even a Byakugan technique pal, it just uses Byakugan to precisely land the blows. Byakugan doesn't have any techniques like Sharingan and Rinnegan do, at least none that we know of.

      I agree, Gentle Fist is made easier to use because of the Byakugan. Especially higher level techniques which target tenketsu points. Seems to me that Hyuuga are born with above average chakra control which makes it easier for them to use the Gentle Fist style, or they train specifically for it. I still wonder though if a normal shinobi with very precise chakra control, and knowledge of locations of tenketsu points through intense study has the ability to use gentle fist? My guess would be a Medical nin like Kabuto. In fact Kabuto's taijutsu style resembles the gentle fist style very much.

      Didn't Madara do this already when he used his Chakra Disruption Rods on Hashirama? He said he wouldn't move because he pierced his tenketsu if I'm not mistaken. So, my guess is if you already have enough knowledge of the human body to know the location of the tenketsu you can pull it off without the Byakugan. Which makes the eye even more useless.

        Loading editor
    • Shadow Abyss wrote:

      AwesomeRaikiri91 wrote:

      Elveonora wrote: Gentle Fist isn't even a Byakugan technique pal, it just uses Byakugan to precisely land the blows. Byakugan doesn't have any techniques like Sharingan and Rinnegan do, at least none that we know of.

      I agree, Gentle Fist is made easier to use because of the Byakugan. Especially higher level techniques which target tenketsu points. Seems to me that Hyuuga are born with above average chakra control which makes it easier for them to use the Gentle Fist style, or they train specifically for it. I still wonder though if a normal shinobi with very precise chakra control, and knowledge of locations of tenketsu points through intense study has the ability to use gentle fist? My guess would be a Medical nin like Kabuto. In fact Kabuto's taijutsu style resembles the gentle fist style very much.

      Didn't Madara do this already when he used his Chakra Disruption Rods on Hashirama? He said he wouldn't move because he pierced his tenketsu if I'm not mistaken. So, my guess is if you already have enough knowledge of the human body to know the location of the tenketsu you can pull it off without the Byakugan. Which makes the eye even more useless.

      The eye allows you see nearly 360 vision, x-ray vision and the byakugan is like a short cut of learning the human body pressure points or in Naruto chakra points so how the eye useless?

        Loading editor
    • Nah. Byakugan can see underneath clothes, that's far from useless. Unless there's a bunch of ugly people around, in which case you rather rip your eyes out.

        Loading editor
    • Maybe I phrased myself badly there. It is only useless when compared to the Sharingan and the Rinnegan.

      These eyes can already see the color of chakra, but can't read deep enough to see the tenketsu. Except you don't really need this power to strike them if you already are knowledgeable enough to know their locations, so one of the Byakugan's uniqueness when compared to the other eyes is taken off when you realize attacks on tenketsu can be performed without them. The only real advantage over the other Dojutsu then is the ability to see in a near 360 vision and telescopic zoom, but the vast arsenal of powers the others eyes have far outweight this. It is more of a spy thing, it can't catch up to the other eye powers in battle.

        Loading editor
    • Elveonora wrote: Nah. Byakugan can see underneath clothes, that's far from useless. Unless there's a bunch of ugly people around, in which case you rather rip your eyes out.

      Lulz

        Loading editor
    • You make it seem like many people are knowledgeable on tenketsu. And of course its not as useful doesn't mean useless but useful seeing how Finnegan gives multiple abilities for you and against the user. The MS gives you susanoo and with it its own weapon. Byakugan gets left behind but before all the power ups kishi gave the series the byakugan was great. Still is. It all depends how you look at it.

        Loading editor
    • I feel like the Byakugan will have to play a role in taking down Kaguya since it took both brothers to defeat her in the first place

        Loading editor
    • From reading this discussion, I would assume that the Byakugan is actually the support of the group. Look at it as a shinobi squad.

      Rinnegan - The miracle worker. It brings back the dead, it can control multiple bodies, it can even cast the Infinite Tsukuyomi. In this sense, it's like Naruto. Enough power to do just about anything.

      Sharingan - The torment. It needs trauma to activate, the death of a close friend to activate the Mangekyo, the death of another Uchiha to activate the Eternal Mangekyo, etc. But this eye is far more combat oriented, whereas the Rinnegan is more of a tool used to help others (except for the IT), and in this sense, it's a lot like Sasuke.

      Then we have the Byakugan - The support. Just like a medical nin, who is pretty much superfluous until needed to heal the wounded, the capabilities of the Byakugan when combined with the other two are for last-ditch support. With its wide range of 350-ish degrees (Don't forget the blind spot!) and X-Ray vision, it's very useful in long-range combat, but since most practitioners use the short-range Gentle Fist style, this makes the eye relatively useless compared to the other two. Only useable for its range of sight. In this sense, it's just like Sakura, who is a formidable kunoichi in her own right, but is relatively useless when compared to Sasuke or Naruto.

        Loading editor
    • do or not forget that the chakra points are as small as the size of a needle's tip and the knowledge about human body can't tell where they are.Even Tsunade never stated that she knew where the chakra points are, because if she did then why didn't she use gentle fist rather than chakra scalpel.And she is also the best medical Nin

        Loading editor
    • Chakra scalpel is very similar to gentle fist so its no difference. But seeing how she has monstrous strengths she rather clobber her opponent than try to hit their weak spots. I'm sure whether she said or not knows the chakra points of the ninja's body if not all of them. And well it seems Sakura may have become better than Tsunade now in strength and medical prowess. Stamina is different and intelligence.

        Loading editor
    • @Rachin123" Gentle Fist isn't similar to Chakra Scalpel at all. The Geltle Fist is used by releasing Chakra from a person's tenketsu points to hit and block another's tenketsu points. While the Scalpel is coating the hand with Chakra to cut flesh or internal muscles.

      I have to disagree with you about one thing regarding Sakura, her Medical prowess is not yet at Tsunade's level in fact she has a long way to go. The Shikamaru thing prove it she even had Naruto's Chakra to enhance her power but she couldn't do anything to him. As for the strength I agree with you since Tsunade has passed her prime long ago.

        Loading editor
    • MERCURIOUS wrote: @Rachin123" Gentle Fist isn't similar to Chakra Scalpel at all. The Geltle Fist is used by releasing Chakra from a person's tenketsu points to hit and block another's tenketsu points. While the Scalpel is coating the hand with Chakra to cut flesh or internal muscles.

      I have to disagree with you about one thing regarding Sakura, her Medical prowess is not yet at Tsunade's level in fact she has a long way to go. The Shikamaru thing prove it she even had Naruto's Chakra to enhance her power but she couldn't do anything to him. As for the strength I agree with you since Tsunade has passed her prime long ago.

      Sakura has the strength of a hundred, creation rebirth and strength of a hundred seal as well. If she didn't surpass her in medical prowess she sure is at her level. Tsunade is a great medical-nin but she and Sakura recently have shown to be similar. The only big difference is Tsunade being senju giving her chakra and endurance normally.

        Loading editor
    • @Rachin123: Battle-wise I believe they are at similar level (Experience is one thing though), but I cannot say the same for Medical stuff. In Shikamaru's case, Tsunade was messed up after the battle with Madara and she easily healed Shikamaru while Sakura who was enhanced by Kurama's Chakra couldn't help him. I think the reason is both Tsunade's experience in healing and her Chakra.

        Loading editor
    • MERCURIOUS wrote: @Rachin123: Battle-wise I believe they are at similar level (Experience is one thing though), but I cannot say the same for Medical stuff. In Shikamaru's case, Tsunade was messed up after the battle with Madara and she easily healed Shikamaru while Sakura who was enhanced by Kurama's Chakra couldn't help him. I think the reason is both Tsunade's experience in healing and her Chakra.

      That much is true but I still believe they are at the same level in medical prowess and its kind of sad that Kishi is trying to hold on to Tsunade no offense cuz I love her but he let Naruto and Sasuke surpass their masters. The only thing we know for sure is Sakura surpassed her in strength.

        Loading editor
    • MERCURIOUS wrote: @Rachin123: Battle-wise I believe they are at similar level (Experience is one thing though), but I cannot say the same for Medical stuff. In Shikamaru's case, Tsunade was messed up after the battle with Madara and she easily healed Shikamaru while Sakura who was enhanced by Kurama's Chakra couldn't help him. I think the reason is both Tsunade's experience in healing and her Chakra.

      You also forget Tsunade was healed a good amount by Suigetsu and Karin while Sakura even though she had kurama's chakra did use her chakra a significant amount on the battlefield so I don't really see that she couldn't if she was at a better than she was.

        Loading editor
    • Well, the problem is that both Naruto and Sasuke surpassed their Sannin teacher by creating their own style. As for Sakura, she didn't do the same, she doesn't know anything beside what Tsunade taught her. Kishi could have done something, but he is more into Naruto and Sasuke.

        Loading editor
    • MERCURIOUS wrote: Well, the problem is that both Naruto and Sasuke surpassed their Sannin teacher by creating their own style. As for Sakura, she didn't do the same, she doesn't know anything beside what Tsunade taught her. Kishi could have done something, but he is more into Naruto and Sasuke.

      Yes I know. As I said he's not very good at making females shine and have good moments. Its even worse since there aren't many females in this show.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, I was happy to see a badass female and an evil one as well, but there was this BZ that I hope Naruto will erase him by TSB or whatever so I could see her shine a little.

        Loading editor
    • no,chakra scapel has no similarity with Gentlefist pal. It only covers ones fist with chakra rather than releasing them from fists.It is very difficult for even jounins to release the chakra from those points. If I am not mistaken then , is not human body different from one another.so even the knowlede of human body cannot help in using Gentle fist

        Loading editor
    • I meant that they both effect internally.

      Mod edit: Please do NOT pyramid quote!

        Loading editor
    • oh i see

        Loading editor
    • Rachin123, please do not pyramid quote when replying to posts. If there are many quotes when you reply to a specific post, please remove the quoted text BEFORE you reply.

        Loading editor
    • But it seems Gentle fist is more effective than Chakra sacpel because it cannot be healed by Mystical palms since the injury is on chakra system.In neji's flashback during the chunnin exams it was shown how Hiashi killed the kumo ninja with a single strike at the heart.This shows how strong it is

        Loading editor
    • Chakra Scalpel and Gentle Fist go for different results by attacking internally. Scalpel attacks the muscles and organs causing internal bleeding and making it painful to move duet to muscles being cut basically it attacks the physical body. Gentle fist attacks the chakra system, and while it can damage internal organs by attacking the points that reside there, its main focus it to shut down one's ability to create and use chakra. Both attack internally but go about doing it differently. They are opposites of each other.

        Loading editor
    • Chakra Scalpel and other harmful medical ninjutsu are like Strong Fist. They break bones, cause internal bleeding, rupture muscles and ligaments. They just have the appearance of Gentle Fist and the same basic ingredients (great chakra control, intelligence, focus, etc.)

        Loading editor
    • Since Kaguya apparently has the Byakugan, and Hagoromo doesn't, then it was probably passed down to his brother, who's of equal strength to Hagoromo if I read the manga correct. Hagoromo was probably just named as 'The Sage of the Six Paths' because he had a greater impact on the ninja world, going around and passing around his Ninshu. And also, althought Kaguya has the Byakugan, she hasn't shown much use of it yet, and I for one don't see her participating in close combat/taijutsu. Based on that, I think it probably has some other use.

        Loading editor
    • CommanderRaze wrote: Since Kaguya apparently has the Byakugan, and Hagoromo doesn't, then it was probably passed down to his brother, who's of equal strength to Hagoromo if I read the manga correct. Hagoromo was probably just named as 'The Sage of the Six Paths' because he had a greater impact on the ninja world, going around and passing around his Ninshu. And also, althought Kaguya has the Byakugan, she hasn't shown much use of it yet, and I for one don't see her participating in close combat/taijutsu. Based on that, I think it probably has some other use.

      yeah u are right,masashi is still ignoring byakugan.since the only time kaguya used byakugan is for her hair strangling technique

        Loading editor
    • 54.226.166.80
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message

Around Wikia's network

Random Wiki