Wikia

Narutopedia

Danzo plot hole?

  • So I was watching last week's episode and I just remembered: there's a major plot hole mistake with Danzo! It is possible this isn't a plothole though, but it sure seems like it.

    In last week's episode, we saw about Itachi joining the Anbu. Just at the end, we can clearly see Shisui with both eyes at the Uchiha meeting. Why does Danzo have bandages around his right eye, where we later know he implants one of Shisui's MS into it ? According to canon timelines, he still had both eyes, up until he implanted Shisui's eye into the right socket.

    Feel free to discuss below. :)

      Loading editor
    • Speysider wrote: According to canon timelines, he still had both eyes, up until he implanted Shisui's eye into the right socket.

      There's no canon timeline. He obviously lost his right eye sometime between recruiting Kabuto and the Uchiha incident.

        Loading editor
    • Seelentau wrote: There's no canon timeline. He obviously lost his right eye sometime between recruiting Kabuto and the Uchiha incident.

      By "canon timeline", I just used the events that have happened in the manga so far, but as you say, there isn't one so ... :P

      So, essentially, his lost eye was just an empty eye socket ? Obviously we will never know as Kishi doesn't seem too interested in making a storyline involving Danzo's past at this time :/

        Loading editor
    • Yes, he probably didn't have an eye for a while. The anime depicts him having a Sharingan before stealing Shisui's Sharingan, but we don't know if that is "manga-true".

        Loading editor
    • I feel like I'm missing something. We know that Danzo has always been shown with bandages over that eye. The one exception was during the First World War, when he was still young. He had the bandages when working alongside Hanzo in chapter 446, and again when meeting Kabuto. Both events taking place long before Shisui's death. There's no inconsistency.

      As for why he had bandages. Well, there's at least two possibilities.

      1) He lost his eye at some point and had an empty socket.

      Or

      2) He had someone else's sharingan originally, but replaced it in favour of one with a Mangekyou (Shisui's).

        Loading editor
    • Probably animation error?

        Loading editor
    • IndxcvNovelist wrote: Probably animation error?

      Might be, but doubting it now.

      @Soul reaper: From the time of his introduction in the series, he's had bandages, but he always had them to hide the MS he stole from Shisui. Whether he bandages for all the time before that is unknown, since such displays of bandages before Shisui's death are always shown in anime filler arc's, therefore they're not canon. :/

        Loading editor
    • Speysider wrote: @Soul reaper: From the time of his introduction in the series, he's had bandages, but he always had them to hide the MS he stole from Shisui. Whether he bandages for all the time before that is unknown, since such displays of bandages before Shisui's death are always shown in anime filler arc's, therefore they're not canon. :/

      That's not true at all. In Nagato's flashback of the Third Shinobi World War in chapter 446, there's an image of a younger Danzo with the bandages. Likewise, he met Kabuto before obtaining Shisui's eye, and was again shown with the bandages. Both of those instances come from the manga.

        Loading editor
    • Well, he got the bandages between the second war and meeting with Kabuto. If he lost his eye and replaced it with a Sharingan or simply left the socket empty is unknown.

        Loading editor
    • I speculate that backstabbing coward stole Kagami's eye and that was the Sharingan he had in the other eye.

        Loading editor
    • ItachiWasAHero wrote: I speculate that backstabbing coward stole Kagami's eye and that was the Sharingan he had in the other eye.

      I speculate Kagami's other eye was the one Madara had when he met Obito.

        Loading editor
    • Both are probably true. Kagami was apparently a beast. I wish they would of showed more of him though.

        Loading editor
    • ItachiWasAHero wrote: Both are probably true. Kagami was apparently a beast. I wish they would of showed more of him though.

      Well, it looks like Madara's flashback is coming up soon in the manga, so maybe we'll know something new about the Uchiha clan, at least about Izuna.

        Loading editor
    • JOA20 wrote:

      ItachiWasAHero wrote: Both are probably true. Kagami was apparently a beast. I wish they would of showed more of him though.

      Well, it looks like Madara's flashback is coming up soon in the manga, so maybe we'll know something new about the Uchiha clan, at least about Izuna.

      It'll probably be a biased recollection from Madara's side, rather than the truth xD

        Loading editor
    • This is a filler anyway...Not canon, therefore, no plot hole.

        Loading editor
    • SuperSajuuk
      SuperSajuuk removed this reply because:
      whoops.
      18:53, April 11, 2014
      This reply has been removed

      XMadarasSusanooX wrote: This is a filler anyway...Not canon, therefore, no plot hole.

      90% of this episode discussed a canonical event, therefore the chance of a plothole is high.

        Loading editor
    • 80.128.252.86
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message

Around Wikia's network

Random Wiki