Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
That technique (あの術, Ano jutsu) is an expression which has been used through the series to refer to a number of techniques or abilities without revealing their nature, creating expectations about them.
- During Gaara's match against Sasuke in the Chūnin Exams, Temari used the term when the One-Tailed Shukaku's arm appeared from the Shield of Sand, referring to his Shukaku forms.
- During Orochimaru's fight against Hiruzen, Enma used the term upon seeing Hiruzen perform the hand seals required to use the Dead Demon Consuming Seal.
- During Kiba and Akamaru's battle against Sakon and Ukon, Akamaru signals to Kiba to use "that technique" (in barks; Kiba was the one who used the phrase), referring to Fang Wolf Fang.
- After Tayuya activates the second state of her Cursed Seal, Shikamaru uses the term to refer to Shadow–Neck Binding Technique.
- When Team Kakashi left to Sunagakure, Jiraiya used the term to refer to an unknown technique, telling Naruto not to use it.
- Both before and after Chiyo used One's Own Life Reincarnation on Gaara, Sakura and Kankurō used the term when talking about the technique.
- Nagato, through the Deva Path, used the term to refer to the Shapeshifting Technique while Akatsuki was sealing Shukaku.
- When Naruto and Sakura first met Sasuke after the time-skip, Orochimaru used the term when he prevented Sasuke from using an unspecified technique.
- After Team 8's battle with Team Guren, Kakashi uses the term to refer to Crystal Release: Crystal Pentagonal Prison when presuming that the user of the technique was nearby.
- Jiraiya uses the term when talking with Gerotora, about Minato wanting Naruto to complete an unknown technique.
- During his senjutsu training, Naruto used the term to refer to Wind Release: Rasenshuriken, which he practised at night.
- Before receiving the key to the Eight Trigrams Sealing Style, Gerotora used the term when saying that the key was essential to control the Nine-Tails and to complete an unknown technique.
- In the anime, Danzō Shimura uses this term to refer to Torune's Parasitic Destruction Insect Technique (using rinkaichū).
- After demonstrating Summoning: Impure World Reincarnation to Tobi, Kabuto uses the term while thinking to himself that he has nothing to worry about as long as he has Impure World Reincarnation and another unknown technique, presumably his mastery of perfect Sage Mode.
- After Naruto frees himself and Sasuke from Kaguya's grasp, Naruto uses the term while Sasuke mentions a fūinjutsu to seal Kaguya.
- ↑ Naruto chapter 112, page 17
- ↑ Naruto chapter 122, page 12
- ↑ Naruto chapter 203, page 10
- ↑ Naruto chapter 208, page 14
- ↑ Naruto chapter 251, page 14
- ↑ Naruto chapter 278, page 17
- ↑ Naruto chapter 290, page 7
- ↑ Naruto chapter 255, page 13
- ↑ Naruto chapter 309, page 13
- ↑ Naruto: Shippūden episode 96
- ↑ Naruto chapter 370, page 10
- ↑ Naruto chapter 415, page 14
- ↑ Naruto chapter 489, page 15
- ↑ Naruto: Shippūden episode 208
- ↑ Naruto chapter 521, page 4
- ↑ Naruto chapter 681, page 17