Is Yin-Yang Release going to be applied to all characters' infobox? Yin-Yang release is the core basis on all ninjutsu, particularly non-elemental jutsu. As Fukasaku explained, spiritual and physical energy are combined to mold chakra. Kakashi and Yamato also referred to Shikamaru's and Ino's jutsus to be Yin-Yang jutsus.
It can be added, but eventually. We know they're based on Yin and Yang, but we don't know the exact mechanics behind it. For that reason, the only characters so far which will have Yin Release, Yang Release and Yin-Yang Release added to their infoboxes are Rinnegan users, and Izanagi users. Oh, when commenting on talk pages, sign your posts with four tildes (~~~~). Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 02:20, September 21, 2010 (UTC)
Isn't it kinda redundant to attribute Yin and Yang individually to characters? Based on our knowledge, they don't do anything individually, they have to be used together to use ninjutsu or Izanagi.
From what we know Yin-Yang Release is created by merging Yin Release and Yang Release. Izanagi was explicitly said to be Yin-Yang Release. We don't know other examples of Yin-Yang Release specifically, and we don't know how the other jutsu implied are exactly. Are they Yin-Yang as well, are they just Yin or just Yang? Because we can't say that, we can't add those natures without speculating. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 02:49, September 21, 2010 (UTC)
- If Yin-Yang Release is to be attributed to all ninjutsu, then it would be considered a General Skill, and those aren't listed in infoboxes unless they are considered a specialty.--TheUltimate3 (talk) 02:51, September 21, 2010 (UTC)
Here's the thing though, Fukasaku explained that ninjutsu is created by using spiritual and physical energy together, which creates chakra. He explained this while explaining how to use senjutsu, which adds natural energy to your spiritual and physical energy, and the three create sage chakra. In addition, as I already said, when Naruto asked about Shikamaru's and Ino's jutsus when Kakashi and Yamato were explaining the chakra natures, they said that they'd explain Yin-Yang release later. So there's no question to me that all jutsus use Yin-Yang release, and that is undoubtedly the 6th chakra nature that Jiraiya talked about: Katon, Fuuton, Raiton, Doton, Suiton, and Onmyoton.
Izanagi confuses me, this new explanation that we got mostly contradicts the explanation we got before during the Sasuke and Danzo fight, and honestly doesn't sound any different from ninjutsu other than being more of a "magic wand no jutsu." Izanagi, despite being Yin-Yang release like any other jutsu, is just a very high-level doujutsu/kekkei genkai that can only be done with specific requirements.
And I can understand the "General Skill" argument. Although I'm a little more O.C.D., lol.
It is a bit confusing, but it seems like Izanagi is just a high level technique that requires BOTH great control over manipulating yin/yang and it's a kekkei genkai-- a mention that seems missing from the the description. It was mentioned in a few places that you need both the powers of senju and Uchiha to use it, so it's not simply yin-yang manipulation. That is more like you were saying, simply the basis for all jutsu, and more specifiically the non-elemental types. I know you want to limit it to things thathave been stated so there are references, but even then you should be able to change this article and the others to reflect that even though we don't know how they work, some jutsu like shadow manipulation fall under this catagory and that Izanagi is a high level tech that can only be used by those with the combined powers, an advanced kekkei genkai. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 18:00, October 22, 2010 (UTC) Miah
It would be good to add about Banbutsu Sōzō there? talk|contribuitions 17:13, May 5, 2011
If yamato specifically states "the manipulation of Yin and Yang is the source of non-elemental jutsu such as the Shadow Imitation Technique, Multi-Size Technique, medical ninjutsu, genjutsu, etc", and nature releases are a form of ninjitsu, then how is Yin & Yang manipulation a "nature type"? Genjutsu is not a sub-form of ninjutsu, so yin & yang manipulation cannot be a "nature manipulation" ninjutsu. Yin Release, Yang Release, and Yin-Yang Release should all be removed. They are not nature types, nor nature transformations, the quote even outright says "non-elemental jutsu". No offense, but I think ya'll put wayyyyy too much speculation into this to actually create pages for these 3 things. SkyFlicker (talk) 17:29, May 18, 2011 (UTC)
- All elements are nature transformations, but not all nature transformations are elements. The word 'element' is actually never used in the series, only the words 'nature' and 'nature transformations'. Yin and Yang have been called such, as well. —ShounenSuki (talk | contribs | translations) 17:33, May 18, 2011 (UTC)
I'm unable to tell, is the article saying that Yin-Yang Release forms the basis of all ninjutsu, or physical energy + spiritual energy? If it's the former, does anyone have a link to where that is stated? Skitts (talk) 09:58, January 27, 2012 (UTC)
@Turry. If you read the discussion above this one you'll see that the info came from Fukasaku's explanation of Senjutsu to Naruto I also think Sakura(or someone) did it a while back in the series albeit she didn't use Yin and Yang but spiritual and physical energies. While I don't think the two sets are different especially with the explanation of Creation of All Things. With that I'd assume that's what the article is supposed to be saying however they don't used them in their raw forms but in the form of chakra to perform techniques.--Cerez365™ 01:09, January 30, 2012 (UTC)
Woop. I finally got an explanation. Gracias. :-)
- Edit- Hm, in the translation I just read, Fukasaku only mentioned physical and spiritual energy, not Yin or Yang in his Senjutsu explanation. I'll keep an eye out for Sakura's. Skitts (talk) 20:47, January 30, 2012 (UTC)
In'yoton or onmyoton?
Yin Release/Yang Release are likely something anyone can learn and use (non-elemental techniques), but isn't "Yin-Yang" unique? It's 2 "releases" used at once, just like Earth-Water=Wood etc. and since "Sharingan/Rinnegan, both Uchiha&Senju, So6p, Ten-Tails" and related terms are being spelled in relation to this constantly, I'd conclude as such.--Elveonora (talk) 01:03, October 22, 2012 (UTC)
- The fact we don't know how each of them is made individually makes all of that speculation, and thus pointless to discuss until more information is disclosed. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 22:16, October 22, 2012 (UTC)
Zetsu Creation Technique
I think we should make a new jutsu page for the technique used in the creation of the White Zetsu Army and Black Zetsu. If not both, atleast Black Zetsu. We know that the jutsu used Wood Relese and Yin-Yang Release to give it life as well as transfer the user's will and Madara teaches the techniques to Obito(And it referred to as a technique). Skarrj (talk) 09:36, December 19, 2012 (UTC)
- Ah so you went ahead yeah and created one without waiting for a discussion. Why even bother to have this here? The White Zetsu Army clones are nothing more than creations that came about because Hashirama's cells are being fed chakra. Madara himself said they were nothing more than severely weakened clones of the First. They're about the same as the faces jutting out of Madara's chest and Danzō's arm. Blaxk Zetsu was also created through what I'm assuming is Yin-Yang Release which is still speculation at this point. Madara did say he was going to teach Obito Yin-Yang techniques, but he didn't say "I'm going to teach you Yin-Yang Release so you can create the White Zetsu Army clones" The creation of those clones was as much a natural occurrence as probably growing tomatoes.--Cerez365™(talk) 13:48, December 19, 2012 (UTC)