I read in this forum that "Yahiko" means "vulgar" or "mean child", while here it means "Increasing + Boy". Should we put the name meaning up in the trivia or something? Yatanogarasu 08:53, March 10 2010 (UTC)
- Best to ask ShounenSuki, he/she is the expert in Japanese for the wiki.
¥Super Novice ↔ Talk 2 Me ¥16:55, March 10, 2010 (UTC)
- I sincerely wonder who translated Yahiko's name into mean/vulgar child. The first kanji of his name means increasingly and carries the meaning of something becoming greater. The second kanji is a poetic word for boy and comes from child of the sun (日子).
- There is no negative meaning in Yahiko's name that I was able to find. --ShounenSuki (talk | contribs) 12:52, March 27, 2010 (UTC)
Yahiko's age concerns me a little. Nagato said that when Hanzô killed Yahiko they "were just children" (chapter 446, pg12), yet his approximated age stands as 25-30. Shouldn't he logically be 20+-3, as most people are largely fully grown by then (explaining his height), as it seems to me that the assumption of Yahiko being older merely stems from his emotionless face. However, personally I would prefer not to write down any age. --89'
- When Choji is describing the Deva Path, he says it looks to be between 25 and 30 years of age. ~SnapperTo 18:16, July 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Did you check the japanese version? It could be mistranslated (young as in young adult translating into child, maybe?). We've all established that he did live to at least 25. --BeeBwakka (talk) 15:48, August 12, 2010 (UTC)
- Normally, that's what we would do, but because there's one big difference from his actual depiction in the manga (blue eyes), we keep the manga image until there's an anime image of him with blue eyes. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 20:23, September 25, 2010 (UTC)
Feelings for Konan & Madara's words
I think the page needs two changes: 1) We should add that Yahiko showed romantic feelings towards Konan, just was done for the page dedicated to Konan; 2) I think that the sentece "and having been persuaded by Madara, Yahiko formed Akatsuki in an attempt to save their village and the world" is wrong and it should be changed: Madara has only said that he encouraged Yahiko to create Akatsuki, but as far as we know, the boy could also be mesmerized with the sharingan in a way similar to the Mizukage and not really persuased. I don't think so, but for now we can't say anything definite about this argument and I think we should write: "According to Madara, Yahiko was persuaded by him to create the Akatsuki, in an attempt to..."--JK88 (talk) 22:04, September 30, 2010 (UTC)
If your parents died in war and you were all along , hungry ,and had nowhere to go, then one day you walk the street and meet someone else in the same situation what do you think would happen? They loved each other sure, but they were a family already. They went throw so much together that it would be impossible for them not to act accordingly. After he passed you would probably say she felt the same way about Nagato, but it’s too vague to know for sure. All we know is that she cared for them deeply because they were all she had. Also even if Mardara did encourage him he just used that same reason to use him like he did Nagato.If you know how someone feels about something its easy to persuade them to do stuff and make them feel like their making it up. EX Nagato hated the leaf Mardara nudged him to go get the nine-tails because he knew if he went he would destroy it because of his view of justice. Yahiko wanted to strengthen the rain so if mardara did have anything to do with it it was still because of that reason that he started it.TwinRisingDragons (talk) 05:59, October 1, 2010 (UTC)
In his main image he is a child, but he died at the age of 25-30!So why do not we add this image:, and his current image call as "Yahiko as a child"?!--Gaara95 (talk) 18:25, October 2, 2010 (UTC)
Was it just me, or was Yahiko adult voice actor the same as Pain, Ken'yū Horiuchi? According to Wikipedia he was (but we all know someone could have just written that there, right?) But I could swear it's the same voice actor. If it was, shouldn't that be added to his infobox? --Kai Maciel (talk) 21:14, October 2, 2010 (UTC)
Apparence Section Missing
Yahiko died in WWII
WWII was a war between Suna-, Konoha- and Iwagakure, right? Nagato said that the war between those countries still waged when Hanzō and his men killed Yahiko (ch. 446), thus Yahiko died during WWII and not WWIII- Seelentau 愛議 16:45, September 19, 2012 (UTC)
- Wow. That's a long-assed war ._. but according to Nagato himself, it was in fact SWWII, not three.--Cerez365™(talk) 16:54, September 19, 2012 (UTC)
- Not too sure, I'm rubbish at stuff like this. From what I've read in the articles the same nations were involved in both wars, so it kinda seems like SWWIII is a direct carry over from SWWII. So maybe that's what Nagato meant when he said that the war was still waging o.O? Either way it does seem as though there was a "break" in the war.--Cerez365™(talk) 17:36, September 19, 2012 (UTC)
- "Those pages do confirm that the uprising of Yahiko, Nagato, and Konan against Hanzō and Danzō was during the Third war". 18.104.22.168 (talk) 18:31, September 19, 2012 (UTC)
- Edit: My bad, he actually did:
- //Many shinobi organisations were also created…!! During the great wars, people appeared who formed shinobi organisations, collecting their characteristic military power.
- During battles for supremacy, they became useful as valued war potential, but too much power was regarded as dangerous and was even destroyed…
- I checked the original, too. It says nothing about the war Akatsuki was formed in. Including what Nagato said about the war Yahiko died in, it is more likely that he talked about WWII. Seelentau 愛議 08:50, September 20, 2012 (UTC)
- Oooon the other hand, it could be like this: Yahiko died 1BN. That means he was born ~26 BN and trained by Jiraiya ~18 BN, being 12 years old. This would fit, since Nagato was ~10 at that time, Yahiko doesn't look like he was that much older... *sigh* Kishimoto needs to publish a fourth databook! ._. Seelentau 愛議 09:23, September 20, 2012 (UTC)
The two world wars were probably just really interrelated. I know wars usually are but these two seem like one directly spilled over into a next generation.--Cerez365™(talk) 10:35, September 21, 2012 (UTC)
I'm just saying he could've had a wrong/different opinion on this. As I said, the Japanese text does not say anything about Akatsuki being founded in WWIII and Nagato's words about the war Yahiko died in suggest he died in WWII. Anyway, I think this is too much into speculation, let's just leave it as it is. Should hopefully be cleared in the next databook. Seelentau 愛議 12:30, September 21, 2012 (UTC)
In the chapter 607 it's stated that Yahiko as a young man changed his "eye for an eye" philosophy. When the Ame Orphans met Tobi, Yahiko told him that he wanted a world where people would understand each other instead of taking revenge --22.214.171.124 (talk) 21:09, October 24, 2012 (UTC)