- I assume it was done because listing ten puppets with no identifiers would be very very difficult.--TheUltimate3 (talk) 21:19, 10 May 2009 (UTC)
Isn't this technique a kinjutsu, since Chiyo said that even she forbids it?
- I'm not sure self-imposed limitations qualify. There also doesn't seem to be anything detrimental to the technique (ie. harms user and/or third party). ~SnapperTo 02:40, 9 July 2009 (UTC)
- Good question.
- Hiden jutsu (秘伝術, secret technique, Literally meaning: techniques passed down in secret) are techniques that are only taught within a specific clan or group. They are passed down from parent to child, from teacher to student, from generation to generation. Kekkei genkai techniques could be considered hiden, but aren't since they already have their own category.
- hijutsu (秘術, secret techniques) are any technique that is kept secret by anyone, even those unrelated to a specific clan or group. It is far broader than the term hiden, and can include kekkei genkai techniques, hiden jutsu, and even personally created techniques that one wishes to keep secret.
- Puppet techniques are called higi (秘技, secret techniques). This seems to be done more for stylistic reasons than actual secrecy, though. If any secrecy is involved, it is most likely personal, as there is no evidence of techniques being passed down from parent to child or teacher to student, over the course of several generations.
- I hope I cleared that up a bit. --ShounenSuki (talk | contribs) 22:13, October 30, 2009 (UTC)
The article claims only two puppets survived the fight with Sasori, but the manga doesn't show any of them actually being destroyed. Was this shown in the anime, or is this just false information? --ShounenSuki (talk | contribs) 11:58, December 7, 2009 (UTC)
- I think in the anime, we saw them lying around while tobi/zetsu were looking for the ring. I'll double check later. Simant (talk) 13:02, December 7, 2009 (UTC)
- Well it probably depends on your definition of "destroyed." Unlike the manga, after #3 gives the orb to sakura: #3 gets stabbed a lot through the chest (and apparently falls back about 30 feet near chiyo?), #7 gets her head sliced diagonally in half. #10 gets grabbed by some giant pincers on the head of one of the puppets and is taken off screen, #1 is destroyed and its head broken in half along with pieces of it splattering around chiyo. For the other puppets i do not see their "deaths".Simant (talk) 22:46, December 7, 2009 (UTC)
- Yup. but #3, was still functional enough to do a seal from its mouth. Simant (talk) 23:18, December 7, 2009 (UTC)