Amber Purifying Pot
- Speculation, wait until future chapters come out. Yatanogarasu 06:25, February 11, 2011 (UTC)
"The Treasured Tools of the Sage of the Six Paths (六道仙人の宝具, Rikudō Sennin no Hōgu) are a set of powerful tools, said to have once been wielded by the Sage of the Six Paths himself."
Well, this makes no sense. Obviously they are called this because they belonged to the Sage? Otherwise they would be called "The Treasured Tools thought to of belonged to the Sage of the Six Paths", right? SusanooUnleashed (talk) 11:08, February 12, 2011 (UTC)
- The people in the Narutoverse don't even know for certain if the Sage ever really existed. He's a legend, a myth. As is the origin of the tools. —ShounenSuki (talk | contribs | translations) 12:49, February 12, 2011 (UTC)
"Wielded" By the Sage
Is it right to say the Sage "wielded" these tools? It's more likely that he "created" them so that after he was gone, others would have the tools needed to capture the 9 Tailed Beasts. The Brothers had the Tools in hand when they were trying to capture the Kyuubi after all, so they must have been pretty confident that they could do it. Of course, the most common "word" of all the Tailed Beasts being...."Roar". ^_^ (The idea credited to "Fox") Cidem1324 (talk) 23:22, February 12, 2011 (UTC)
- Hmmm.. sounds like speculation to me.. ~ Fmakck → Talk → Contributions 23:28, February 12, 2011 (UTC)
- Unless you were there with the Sage and he told you that's what they were for then you're speculating... It was said that he once wielded them in the manga therefore that's what we put in the articles.--Cerez (talk) 23:30, February 12, 2011 (UTC)
- Actually, the manga had Tsunade state that the brothers "wielded the Sage of the Six Paths' so-called 'Five Ultimate Treasures'". Not that the Sage wielded them himself.
- Though I guess it can be said the Sage "wielded" the tools in order to test them out after potentially "creating/possessing" them.
- So you're saying that the tools were his, but he didn't use them? Did he like, just keep them in his bedroom closet until the brothers got them? ~ Fmakck → Talk → Contributions 00:12, February 13, 2011 (UTC)
- Pretty much, since I can't really see why he would need to use them in combat. The Sage could already innately do all the abilities these tools can do, but better. So it's more likely he "created" them for others to use, rather than "wielding" them himself. And when you say Brothers, do you mean the Sage's sons? Because that would make sense. Cidem1324 (talk) 00:48, February 13, 2011 (UTC)
- No, I was referring to these guys, actually. And all we know right now is that they were the sage's who were then collected by the Kumo brothers - any ideas about their creation, why the sage used them, or their use before Ginkaku & Kinkaku will be considered speculation. ~ Fmakck → Talk → Contributions 00:56, February 13, 2011 (UTC)
I was reading the raw and I noticed it doesn't actually mention the word soul (魂, tamashii). Rather, the term used is word soul (言霊, kotodama), which usually refers to the wondrous power that resides in words according to an ancient Japanese believe. —ShounenSuki (talk | contribs | translations) 12:55, February 15, 2011 (UTC)
Do we really need the technique articles, with the exception of Coil of Fire , there all copies of the original treasured tool articles. I think the phrases should just be placed in the tool articles.--Deva 27 22:03, February 20, 2011 (UTC)
- *still agrees* We're content to throw "word soul (言霊, kotodama)" into several different articles. Why can't we do the same with "record (録音しろ, rokuonshiro)", "bind and draw out (しばり出せ, shibaridase)", and "curse (呪え, noroe)"? ~SnapperTo 22:13, February 20, 2011 (UTC)
- Well I suppose they aren't necessary really but i'll admit they look cool in Darui's list of techniques ~_~ --Cerez☺ (talk) 00:52, February 21, 2011 (UTC)
- The one reason I'm ambivalent to this is that I think it would look awkward for there being an article on the technique performed with one tool, but not with the others. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 01:14, February 21, 2011 (UTC)
- The name of the four treasures of the brothers: chapter 527 page 2.
- The statement that the Sage had them: chapter 527 page 5.
- The treasure of hidden cloud: 529 page 5. Jacce | Talk | Contributions 07:49, March 12, 2011 (UTC)
I'm sort of confused on how the tools that involve the word soul, the sword, gourd , and golden rope, because here's how i think it works: Rope is tied around the victim the word soul comes out, use the sword to cut the word soul, word soul dissapears, use the gourd to suck in the victims soul. Someone please tell me how they work or else im just gonna be confused forever until it comes out in the anime! —This unsigned comment was made by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs) .