Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Ok so in issue 51 (I think it was 51) When Sasuke and Danzo fight, Sasuke summons a hawk but only weaves the sign Ram. Also, Danzo summons his tapior, tapiar, tapier, whatever. Anyway he takes his blood and smears it against his palm, while the hand being smeared on has a half tiger sign. Should i change these? —This unsigned comment was made by 220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs) .
- Manga often skips hand seals unless the have relevance to the plot. Don't stress over it. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 03:00, September 3, 2012 (UTC)
What Omni-sensei said, not to mention that a different sequence of seals can be used for the same technique, in case of skilled users just 1 or even no seals at all--Elveonora (talk) 19:24, September 3, 2012 (UTC)
I'd advise not to because Its already stated that you can summon animals, Their would'nt be a point of adding that because It simply states that you can summon things tools animals etc so no --Jean DaichouLoves Naruto 20:31, March 20, 2013 (UTC)
- actually, I think the question is quite interesting. I completely forgot that one has to sign a contract with the animal one wants to summon. In case of a tailed beast, I would have said at first that it could only be summoned because it was under a genjutsu (since it would have never accepted becoming a summon). But Madara tried to summon Kurama during the fourth world war and Kurama was absolutely in his right mind. Seems to be actually different from usual summons.Norleon (talk) 20:55, March 20, 2013 (UTC)
Not really, quite sure that a blood contract has to be signed with a tailed beast as well. Hell even people can be summoned. Contract Seal supports there being one, otherwise there would be nothing to remove--Elveonora (talk) 21:47, March 20, 2013 (UTC)
Actually, the contract seal only removes control a summoner has over a summoned creature so u dont neccesarily have to sign a contract so the question is still out there Riptide240 (talk) 15:04, March 23, 2013 (UTC)
Ok forget tat but there was one last thing i was confused about: When the nine tails attacked the leaf, tobi put it under his control and then presumably told it to stay there so he could go into the leaf and summon it from there. but when he did, he just summoned it, no contractRiptide240 (talk) 20:32, March 25, 2013 (UTC)
No i won't stay out of It because all members of the wiki have to reason with each other You were confused I understand but do you understand what User talk:Elveonora has explained ? --User:Jmootam1999Loves Naruto 20:42, March 25, 2013 (UTC)
Ok so with the reincarnation jutsu, when kabuto uses the reincarnated shinobi on the battlefield to summon reinforcements, that counts as summoning a person right? lol srry had to ask Riptide240 (talk) 20:47, March 25, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes, what about it?--Elveonora (talk) 11:03, June 12, 2013 (UTC)
- Sorry, I wasn't aware. I just found it strange that he could summon people. --Freedom Wall (talk) 11:11, June 12, 2013 (UTC)
Choosing Which Summon
- More like observed. Naruto obviously intended to summon Gamabunta, but ended up with Gamakichi, who now seems to be in the same power level as his father, so to speak. Why Gamabunta wasn't summoned, and what he was busy with, I don't know, but it seems that in the event you try summoning someone who's not available for whatever reason, you get someone in the same power level. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 00:42, June 13, 2013 (UTC)
- I don't see how knowing from previous experience that a lot of chakra gets a strong toad explains a method beyond the amount of chakra used as a means of choosing the summon... — SimAnt 01:38, June 13, 2013 (UTC)
Why the chapter 170, page 4 reference have to be with "Manda believes Orochimaru summoned him" instead of being with "<!--Manda believes Orochimaru summoned him-->" to be a hidden comment?--PlacidoNB 23:07, June 20, 2013 (UTC)
- Does anyone have any answer?--PlacidoNB 11:41, June 30, 2013 (UTC)
The abilities of summons
I was wondering whether or not a summoned animal character's abilities section should be constructed simlarly to a human's, in regards to adding subsections like "ninjutsu" "Genjutsu" "other abilities" etc? I've seen it done on pages like Gamabunta, Fukasaku and Gamatatsu, yet the partern does not extend to other pages like Shima, Monkey King: Enma and Katsuyu. --Tzao (talk) 08:05, August 7, 2013 (UTC)
They already are done the same. Some are not as extensive as others however due to a lack of work/effort or just information. There isnt really a style either. If you check some other character pages, the ones that arent popular, you'll find they're the same. A lack of information revealed in either the anime or manga leaves the ability section emptier. Skarrj (talk) 08:26, August 7, 2013 (UTC)
Ok so I was wondering if we should create a new page for some animal summons? I think that we should create a separate page for summons, like sharks. We could add info on how they are used as messengers and how they can be incorporated into jutsu. Since we seen two users who can summon sharks in the anime Kisame and Ruiga from the Land of Greens Arc. We could also create a page for chameleons summons since they are mentioned in the series too. And then list the specific chameleon summons and shark summons if needed. Tuxedo12 (talk) 16:48, January 1, 2014 (UTC)
- The only time we generally create an article for a summoned creature is when they have a name, or else, we need unique things documented about them. Sharks, to the best of my knowledge, haven't really done anything so the Shark article simply redirects to the Wikipedia article on the creature.--Cerez365™(talk) 13:30, January 2, 2014 (UTC)
Should we not mention the need to actively maintain the summoning and the supposed time limit mentioned in chapters 635 and 642? Even if said information creates huge conflicts with earlier parts of the series, it should still be noted in some way.--BeyondRed (talk) 00:17, July 14, 2014 (UTC)
Combined Summoning technique?
Is it worth making a "Combined Summoning technique" page? From my memory there have been 2 times when this has happened. The 1st time during the Invasion of Konoha where numerous Sunagakure and Otogakure ninja summoned three giant snakes and the 2nd time when the deceased kage summoned team 7 and the tailed beast. There is a 3rd example in which Sakura and Tsunade attempted to summon Katsuyu together in the war but was unseen i believe. --Sarutobii2 (talk) 12:55, October 15, 2014 (UTC)
Hashirama and Tobirama
Both are now listed as users of this technique due to their "summoning" special characteristic in the fourth databook, but we don't know if it actually refers to the Summoning Technique itself. Both of them have already demonstrated variations of Summoning in the form of Summoning: Quintuple Rashōmon and Summoning: Impure World Reincarnation.--BeyondRed (talk) 21:58, January 17, 2015 (UTC)
- But that's what the summoning technique is isn't it? I think I understand where you're coming from here, but there's no need to overcomplicate things. In the end, it's a summoning jutsu. Looking back, it probably should've been added a while ago in my opinion.--Minamoto15 (talk) 22:33, January 17, 2015 (UTC)
- The Summoning Technique itself is meant to summon a species that the user has a contract with though. Neither Hashirama nor Tobirama is known to have any such contract. Though I do get that it could be argued they are technically using this technique by using its derivatives--BeyondRed (talk) 00:20, January 18, 2015 (UTC).
If we're going with "Summoning characteristic = Summoning Technique user", then Shino also needs to be added. However, doing so automatically adds Kikaichū and Kidaichū as his summons, since the insect articles are currently considered contracted to the Aburame that use them. It's a logical assumption, but seeing as we've never seen an Aburame actually summon their insects before, not entirely sure what to do about him.--BeyondRed (talk) 01:29, January 18, 2015 (UTC)
- The Summoning Technique does literally only summon stuff. The contract stuff is just for some of the living beings. So "The Summoning Technique itself is meant to summon a species that the user has a contract with though." is entirely wrong. If you summon weapons, you use this technique, if you summon other people, you use this technique, if you summon gates, you use this techniques and if you summon animals, you also use this technique. • Seelentau 愛 議 01:35, January 18, 2015 (UTC)
Kinkaku and Orochimaru
Kinkaku and Orochimaru both are able to pull out weapons from their mouths which i presumed were always inside themselves. But Kinkaku was reincarnated and had a "new" body which wouldn't of had the treasured tools inside of him which leads me to think it was some kind of summoning he used to get the tools. So what is this exactly, a technique, an ability or some kind of regurgitation summoning technique? --Sarutobii2 (talk) 14:35, March 3, 2015 (UTC)
Human Summoning Technique Formula
Well, I wanted to put this in the talkpage of Episode 428, but there is no talkpage so here we are. In the episode the Ninja of Amegakure used what Hinata called Human Summoning Technique Formula or Hitoyose Jutsushiki, anyway even though that was a dream world, shouldn't we mention this somewhere, here or a new article just like Izumo's technique? --MERCURIOUS (talk) 01:36, September 17, 2015 (UTC)
Kakashi first summon technique
Well, not sure if it could be really considered 'summoning' but, there was a difference the first time they put the summoning technique, unlike Jiraiya that used the seals to summon, the first time it appeared was in the second battle between Zabuza and Kakashi, if I don't remember it wrong, I think Kakashi did not use the seals, he just cut himself, made blood and put it in a scroll, summoning not a simple dog but many dogs at the same time, but the other times in the show that we see summoning, they don't use a scroll and it's a singular summon. So... It could be a special type of summon, or it could be a fail that the author made and forgot?
- What Kakashi did there was a combination of summoning and Earth Release I believe--Elve [Mod] Talk Page|Contribs 09:34, October 31, 2016 (UTC)
- I'm sure there was a reason for that scroll, but not sure if all that playing with it before using was necessary. --Rautamiekka (talk) 14:25, October 31, 2016 (UTC)