Page 15 of chapter 487 Zetsu said he used the Shapeshifting Technique. Should we put that as a parent technique, or is this substitute just a Shapeshifting technique? Yatanogarasu, 21:17, March 17 2010 (UTC)
I have a theory/question. Does this technique change the actual appeareance of the user, or it only allows them to copy the chakra of a different being, and then the user uses a different transformation technique to change their physical appeareance? The way it was disscussed in the last chapter makes it look that way--Kind-Hearted-One (talk) 20:54, May 25, 2011 (UTC)
As far as I know, it's just a Transformation Technique that also transforms the chakra to make a perfect copy. Whatever the normal Transformation Technique does, this one is pretty much the same, and then add the target's chakra to the aspect. Yatanogarasu 21:22, May 25, 2011 (UTC)
Anime version Edit
Shouldn't we add in the Trivia section that anime team has retconed the appearance of Zetsu clone that used Substitute jutsu? Because Zetsu's clones lack the flytrap (the green ones has the alternative on their body, but still not the same), only originals (both Black and White) have it. Faust-RSI (talk) 12:12, June 27, 2011 (UTC)
- indeed we should.--Cerez365™ 12:30, June 27, 2011 (UTC)
Two Questions Edit
firstly in the viz translation tobi describes this technique as allowing zetsu to make a perfect copy of anyone he's ever touched once. by once does that mean it only works once or that he only needs to have touched the person once for it to work? secondly this technique is said to use chakra of the target and aply the transformation technique, does that mean zetsu's real body can use this as well?220.127.116.11 (talk) 23:12, May 4, 2012 (UTC)
A bit confused on something. Wasn't it stated that although they can copy people's chakra signature and appearance, they can't copy a person's techniques? --Cerez365™(talk) 12:20, September 14, 2012 (UTC)
I don't know. I think they can use the person's techniques, for example..
- One of them copied Neji's byakugan, after it had infiltrated the A.S.F camp.
- The one of Kisame was about to use the water release: great shark bullet, right before it got beheaded by A and B.
- And in the most recent anime episode, a clone that had transformed into Hinata had used the 8 trigrams vacuum palm.
So yeah i think that little tidbit of info. should be removed cause it seems like they can use the techniques of the person their imitating.18.104.22.168 (talk) 12:31, September 14, 2012 (UTC) yomiko-chan
- The clone never actually used the Byakugan, just said it would.
- But again it never used it. The only thing we saw that clone do, is fuse with Samehada which believed Kisame was it. All the abilities it used after that (assuming it switched with Kisame some time before the transformation) was that of Samehada.
- This episode is why I brought it up, I think it's fodder. Yes they have the person's body, but their minds etc are an entirely different thing. Don't even get me started on Yamato knowing such detailed intel on people ( '-')
It just strikes me as odd that all these clones were transforming into shinobi with abilities and all they've done is stab people with kunai. It's all good to be "covert" and what not, but it still strikes me as peculiar that they've yet to use these abilities. I also could have sworn someone said that though they can copy a person's appearance, they can't do the same with their abilities.--Cerez365™(talk) 12:41, September 14, 2012 (UTC)
- It could be similar to the Shapeshifting Technique, they wants to conserve chakra so they can keep killing. I'm looking over the chapters now. Jacce | Talk | Contributions 12:45, September 14, 2012 (UTC)
It's not that they can't, they just don't know how to use some of the original person's techniques. Like a Zetsu Naruto Clone wouldn't be able to make a Rasengan cause the former doesn't know how to do so--Elveonora (talk) 21:58, September 15, 2012 (UTC)
- I thought of this possibility as well, which would make copying a kekkei genkai even worse.--Cerez365™(talk) 10:36, September 16, 2012 (UTC)
parent technique Edit
- I doubt it. I believe that instead of parent, it should be related. I mean, its entirely physical, not just chakra based, you know? JaZZBaND (talk) 19:06, May 5, 2013 (UTC)
- Should Parasite Clone also be related? Since the army clones use this without creating more copies.--BeyondRed (talk) 21:52, May 5, 2013 (UTC)
- Yea, it's not like Zetsu HAS to use parasite clones to use the jutsu. JaZZBaND (talk) 22:15, May 5, 2013 (UTC)