Of the Kaguya Clan
I think the phrase "of the Kaguya Clan" should be removed because I don't think Shikotsumyaku was their Bloodline Limit. Here's the reasons why.
- 1. Kimimaro was the only one who possessed it
- 2. In the Third Naruto Databook, it was revealed that Kimimaro's surname isn't Kaguya (but it didn't reveal his actual surname), so it's possible that he didn't come from the Kaguya Clan, but was taken in by them.
- 3. Kimimaro looks nothing like the Kaguya Clan members. They all had black hair and didn't have those red marks under their eyes. This adds to my beief that Kimimaro didn't come from the Kaguya Clan. QF 744 17:04
- Kimimaro isn't featured in the third databook. You mean the second.
- His article in the second databook literally states he was a member of the Kaguya clan
- Just because he doesn't have/use Kaguya as his last name doesn't mean he isn't a member of that clan. Look at tsunade, Nawaki, and Konohamaru. None of them have been given a family name, yet it's almost without a doubt what clans they belong to.
- Shikotsumyaku was literally stated to be the Kekkei Genkai of the Kaguya clan. There is no doubt, no speculation, no possible argument.
- --ShounenSuki 23:11, 26 November 2008 (UTC
Kimimaro wasn't the only one in the clan with the ability, at 6:25 in season 127 of the anime you can see the pile of Kaguya bodies, quite a few have (admittedly smaller) bone spikes. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 16:28, November 28, 2009 (UTC)
I think the anime stated that Kimimaro was just the most talented in using Shikotsumyaku in the entire Kaguya Clan which was the reason for his hard treatment Keibatsu (talk) 11:16, June 27, 2010 (UTC)
- He resisted it by using the power of his Cursed Seal of Earth. The Shikotsumyaku does allow some healing, you can see that his skin always closes up after he pulls bones. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 01:49, August 12, 2010 (UTC)
- Nope. The only sort of marking he has is the two red dots in his forehead, which has nothing to do with the kekkei genkai. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 20:33, August 13, 2010 (UTC)
- As if he had removed bones, enhanced by the Cursed Seal of Earth. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 21:40, August 13, 2010 (UTC)
- Kimimaro already had some healing because of his kekkei genkai, but when Gaara started beating him, he had to use his Cursed Seal of Earth, which enhances his abilities, including his healing. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 16:21, August 15, 2010 (UTC)
how can anyone even know the name of the clan's kekkei genkai
I just got my hands on the third Naruto Anime Profiles Episodes 81-135 for Christmas. On page 155, Kimimaro's page, his Kekkei Genkai, is the Corpse Bone Chain. Should we put this someone in the article?--NinjaSheik 19:49, December 26, 2010 (UTC)
Speaking of names, why haven't we ever moved this to the literal translation? I know there are certain names we keep in Japanese for known reasons such as it being related to mythology (MS techniques) or else the Japanese name being vastly more known/popular (Rasengan/Chidori)), but why this one? I'm not asking for this to be moved, but I am curious. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 03:39, January 3, 2011 (UTC)
- From my understanding, Kekkei Genkai's names weren't going to be changed. Sharingan, Byakugan, Shikotsumyaku, ect being straight kekkei genkai weren't to be changed. The reason the various kekkei genkai nature transformations were changed was to make them fit with other releases. Having Water Release and then next to it Mokuton would be odd for example.--TheUltimate3 ~Aspect of Wiki ~ 04:09, January 3, 2011 (UTC)
- You know, Iron Sand, following this format should be changed I believe. However, me being the lazy bastard I am, will probably not make a big deal out of it right now.--TheUltimate3 ~Aspect of Wiki ~ 05:28, January 3, 2011 (UTC)
" the bones can withstand even a chakra-infused blade "
Where does it state that if Kimimaro went toe to toe with say, Asuma, that his bones would be able to combat the chakra infused blades? He A) Never fought someone whith this ability and B) Hasn't even implied that he could. Could someone tell me where this is said or shown because I'm thinking that some major Fan managed to sneak some BS into the Wiki.
- Do you even read the manga? Hmm.. I'll add a ref anyway. ~ Fmakck© → Talk → Contributions ~ 02:58, March 15, 2011 (UTC)
I think you misunderstood what I meant, the little picture that appears alongside stuff like Hiden or Kekkei Genkai like the Nara sign in the classification category in the infoboxes. 188.8.131.52 (talk) 11:57, January 12, 2012 (UTC)
- Then you have to ask ShounenSuki if he can make one. Jacce | Talk | Contributions 12:02, January 12, 2012 (UTC)
In the manga chapter 215 and the anime episode 126, Kimimaro created a bone layer underneath the skin to protect him form Gaara's Sand Binding Coffin. Should a Jutsu article be created for this? Not sure is if would be considered an "armour" since it is under the skin instead of over it. Any suggestions? --Sorrel (talk) 18:08, May 20, 2012 (UTC)
- Not too keen on the creation of an unnamed technique especially with Kimimaro and his abilities having been covered by databooks already. So i'd go with mentioning it in this article, drop some references and go in peace.--Cerez365™(talk) 18:13, May 20, 2012 (UTC)
yes but this wiki has made articles for unnamed techniques before in the manga even though they were never named, however i think that usage of the shikotsumyaku can be covered in the abilities section of kimimaro's page or the shikotsumyaku page.184.108.40.206 (talk) 23:46, May 20, 2012 (UTC)yomiko-chan
- This wiki's trying to cut down on the unnamed/nameless articles though.--Cerez365™(talk) 23:57, May 20, 2012 (UTC)
In addition to what Cerez said about us cutting back, Kimimaro didn't speak of that as if it were a specific technique. As I recall, he simply said "I would've been crushed had I not created a layer of dense bone directly underneath my skin..." Not every usage of his Kekkai Genkai is a specific technique. Skitts (talk) 00:18, May 21, 2012 (UTC)
Kabuto mentions that he could he could heal Kimimaro is he had the Kaguya Clan's medical history or treatment data. This implies that the clan has had Shikotsumyaku users aside from Kimimaro and that there are methods of special treatment developed for them. I think we should add this to either trivia or the article, about the Kaguya having had these items(I only know that he said this in the manga, may be diffrent in the anime). Skarrj (talk) 00:55, May 23, 2012 (UTC)