If the Sharingan requires two eyes to bring out their true potential does that mean that if obito had his other sharingan he'd have the same abilities he does now expect he would be to suck things in the other dimension without physical contact like kakashi's version of kamui and his own current kamui would be strengthened? --22.214.171.124 (talk) 17:54, October 12, 2012 (UTC)
Discussing the topic of an article just for the sake of discussion is considered forum talk. Topic is meant to be discussed only as far as needed to determine how to list the information. If Sharingan does X, we simply say it does, and unless that goes against anything previously established, in which case discussion should be restricted in pointing that out in the article, no point in discussing why it does X. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 19:27, October 12, 2012 (UTC)
I'm a massive naruto fan and not a vandal I do lose my cool from time to time just thought I'd let you know. I just wanna like know more so I can help more. --126.96.36.199 (talk) 22:14, October 12, 2012 (UTC)
The only instance that we know this could refer to would be "a 3rd power" an example of this being Amaterasu/Tsukuyomi requirement for Susanoo use. Simply A Mangekyou tech. in left along with B Mangekyou tech. in right in order to use "C" with both. But since we don't know if this is what was referred for, it's soon to conclude as such--Elveonora (talk) 23:25, October 12, 2012 (UTC)
Copy Kekkei Genkai
it should be noted the Sharingan can decipher kekkei genkai techniques if the user has the kekkei genkai in question, Madara can use all of the first's jutsu because of his first hand experience reading the techniques after his reincarnation because of this. 188.8.131.52 (talk) 07:52, November 9, 2012 (UTC)
Hey Cerez, this one might actually have a point. It's noted the Sharingan can't duplicate bloodline abilities, but at the same time, It doesn't seem like it can copy any technique the user can't perform. For example, Sasuke's sharingan copied Shadow of the Dancing Leaf from Lee, but he himself didn't possess the speed to duplicate Lee's other moves until he trained for the 3rd stage of the Chuunin exam. In this case, Madara didn't have the ability to perform wood release when he was alive, but when revived he duplicated abilities of Hashirama's he couldn't have seen less than 50 years ago. If phrased properly, I think it's worth noting that if in possession of the capacity to perform a bloodline, the Sharingan can duplicate it. --Hawkeye2701 (talk) 16:35, November 9, 2012 (UTC)
- I never said the person is wrong. I said it was speculation beyond the point of necessity. We do not know how the Sharingan functions with regards to kekkei genkai whether or not it can decipher them but it's because they don't have the capability to do it that they can't reproduce it or Madara simply remembered Hashirama's techniques and then practised them etc. When Madara transplanted Hashirama's DNA into his wounds he noted that nothing happened with regards to the Rinnegan, he never said anything about Wood Release.--Cerez365™(talk) 17:13, November 9, 2012 (UTC)
Does it really require the person that gives the Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan to be a sibling or someone of close relation? Kakashi got his sharingan, though not in Mangekyo form, and has had no side effects in his vision. It seems like you just have to get another eye, not one related to you. 184.108.40.206 (talk) 03:15, February 4, 2013 (UTC)Adam
- Kakashi has shown signs of debilitating sight it's just that he does not use the MS nearly as much as an Uchiha does. And so far we've only seen a sibling transfer their eyes to another. Along with what Itachi said to Sasuke during their battle, that's the only basis we have to go on.--Cerez365™(talk) 14:50, February 4, 2013 (UTC)
How did obito put the nine tails under his control while it was inside kushina, because he stared at kushina and somehow the nine tails got put under his controlRiptide240 (talk) 18:06, March 24, 2013 (UTC)
Even Sasuke could suppress it's chakra simply by using a genjutsu on Naruto, entering his mind and interacting with Kurama. Obito likely did the same, entered her mind dimension or what s*** that is, took control of fox and opened Kushina's seal--Elveonora (talk) 18:35, March 24, 2013 (UTC)
Receiving the Sharingan
What I'm about to say is not cannon material but well, it is in the world of Naruto, so yea.. I just saw the Inheritors of the Will of Fire movie and in that Hiruko seemed to want to absorb Kakashi to obtain the Kekkei Genkai, Sharingan. So is it like once the sharingan is transferred from one person to another, it can't be transferred again? I mean Hiruko could have just taken out the eye, but instead only wanted to absorb Kakashi...so how does this work?
Oh and also if that's true, should the info be added there?
In theory, yes, a simple eye transplant should do it, but the whole point was to absorb them with the Chimera Technique. I mean, the whole point of developing that technique was to get stronger by absorbing other's abilities. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 01:04, May 30, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes, he wanted to absorb the users because Kekkei Genkai such as the Dark/Shade Release, Storm Release, Swift Release and Steel Release can't possibly be transferred from one person to another as they are more or less of Bloodline limits. Whereas the Sharingan can be transferred with eye transplant, so why not do that? Or maybe like you said, he just went with the flow and absorbed everyone he chose anyway.. so now there are two ways of receiving the sharingan?
- Absorbing it with his technique probably had some upsides. For example, if he transplanted the eye, he'd have only one Sharingan. With the Chimera Technique, he'd probably "transplant" the the very genes responsible for the Sharingan to himself, getting both eyes, improved control (able to turn it on and off), and probably lessened chakra cost as well. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 05:32, May 30, 2013 (UTC)
- Right.. And thanks for clearing that up! :)