|This page is an archive. Please do not edit this archive, instead try editing the page this archive originated from.|
I think Orochimaru might have gone after Gaara if Gaara had not been so powerful and if Gaara was not a target of Akatsuki, which he hates. I also think the same about Naruto, but I do not think that he would like to be under the wrath of Pein. Madara uchiha99 (talk), Kanji: うちは マダラ 九十九, Romaji: Uchiha madara kyū-jū-kyū 14:28, 16 March 2008 (UTC)
Orochimaru easily defeated Itachi in battle?
uhm, what chapter did this came from? So far, what was shown in chapter 345 was that Orochimaru and Itachi were confronting each other,the latter having caught the former in a "paralyzing genjutsu" and after that, severing Orochimaru's arm with the akatsuki ring... It was not even shown that Orochimaru defeated Itachi in battle. And there was one instance that he even admitted that Itachi was a stronger ninja than he is. Someone clean this, please... I think the appropriate phrase is "he was easily defeated by Itachi in battle"... Proof? All Itachi did was "that" genjutsu. He was not even brought to the brink in using his mangekyou sharinga. He was thwarted in his effort almost immediately. (unsigned)
Well, Tsukuyomi in the real world does not last very long, and it causes strain on Itachi to use it, so apparently Itachi probably used Tsukuyomi then deactivated it immediately. Madara uchiha99 (talk), Kanji: うちは マダラ 九十九, Romaji: Uchiha madara kyū-jū-kyū 15:53, 5 April 2008 (UTC)
did you actually read my post? i think no... I was saying that that in Orochimaru's background, it was mentioned that he easily defeated Itachi in battle... what chapter is that?????? so far, what was shown was the confrontaion between Itachi and Orochimaru, and that ALL Itachi did was cast an almost basic genjutsu... so i think the correct phrase is "he was easily defeated by itachi in battle" and not "he easily defeated itachi in battle." the ease with which he defeated his aggressor is seen in the fact that: 1. he cast a basic genjustu against a known S-class criminal, and yet, easily
defeated orochimaru in battle
2. he was not even force to use some of his more powerful jutsu's because he
defeated orochimaru almost instantly
3. orochimaru stated that itachi is stronger than he is...
Here I have to disagree:
1. We have to remember that Orochimaru wanted Itachi's body so the way he fought him was not to damage it.
2. Itachi told Kisame that they both would die if they were to fight Jiraiya, and Orochimaru was the strongest Sannin so Itachi<Jiraiya, Jiraiya<Orochimaru while Orochimaru<Itachi is against any logic.
3. Orochimaru said that Itachi is stronger than him while he was using weaker body which could fail him anytime making him unable to defend himself.
4. We don't know if the shown confrontation Orochimaru-Itachi was all that happened - it is possible that the transemigration was stopped before by Itachi and Orochimaru was left weakened - that would make him open for genjutsu attack and unable to stop Itachi from cutting his arm off.
Your above statements indicates that you heavily patronize Orochimaru. I am a Gaara fan, yet I think Itachi deserves the credit when he defeated Oro twice, and sad to say, RATHER EASILY. Here are my corresponding answers:
1. Yes, Oro wanted Itachi's body, but he also said to himself "it's an impossible dream now, even at that age[referring to Itachi], I was nothing compared to him.
2. Totally nonsensical, the power level of characters does not follow your logical order. If Oro is stronger than Jiraiya, and Jiraiya stronger than Itachi, then certainly it doesnt mean that Oro is stronger than Itachi as well.
3. You sure? Who are you to formulate that he was indeed using a weaker body? That was never noted either in the manga or in the anime. God damn orochimaru for using that "weak body" when he killed sandaime, who was the strongest kage.
4. Law of literature, always base your article from facts, and not mere assumptions or theories. What's important is, what WAS SHOWN IN THE MANGA OR ANIME.
5. and lastly, the latest databook shows that Itachi scores higher than Orochimaru in terms of stats.Who are we to disagree with Kishimoto????????
Accept it, you idolize Oro, and you can't accept the fact that Itachi literlally disembowled Oro in a matter of seconds, same goes for Itachi fans out there, accept the fact that Itachi is scared of J-man.
I agree with you, besides when Naruto first encounters Sasuke in Shippuuden he admited that he and Orochimaru wouldn't stand a chance against Itachi, and by the way Jiraiya is the strongest Sannin and Itachi was weaker than him, he openly admited that in the first part altogether with Kisame. So Jiraiya>Itachi>Orochimaru.
P.S.: My favorite character is not Jiraiya.
Creating Summoning: Impure World Resurrection?
As far as I remember, nobody has said that Orochimaru created Summoning: Impure World Resurrection. The ANBU leader seemed to know it, which makes it more unlikley.Jacce 19:48, 26 March 2008 (UTC)
- If he did create it, then the reason the ANBU member would know is because Orochimaru was a Konoha Shinobi. —This unsigned comment was made by QF 744 (talk • contribs) on 20:23, May 26, 2008.
- I agree that Orochimaru only learned it trough studies of forbidden techniquest - you can explain ANBU leader knowledge saying that Orochimaru invented it while staying in Konoha. However according to chapter 118 Nidaime-sama knew this technique by name and Shodaime-sama was aware that they can't disobey the summoner. And we all remember that they died before thay could learn about it if it was Orochimaru to create it.
Man,listen Sasuke said in SHIPUUDEEN:NEITHER I, OR OROCHIMARU ARE MATCH FOR ITACHI right now so...
i believe that he create this techique bec. of the soul transfer technique thought i think that he got the soul transfer technique with this technique also. it is only an assumption:-}. Tsujiraoro07
Various special ablities
In the battle with 4 tailed Naruto paragraph it says that Orochimaru has various abilities that I've never seen before. Such as fireball breathing snakes and a battle clone made of snakes? Someone tell me where this is, or if that was an error.
- I for one diden't see those jutsus, at least not in the anime, however he relesed a huge amount of snakes from his mouth that later extenden swords from their mouths and when Naruto sliced him i half, his both bodyparts used snakes to reconnect. Jacce 06:29, 1 July 2008 (UTC)
- Not in the manga either, just the same jutsus as above. Jacce 06:35, 1 July 2008 (UTC)
Orochimaru is not Dead!
Someone need to change that Orochimaru is dead on his page because he was hit by Itachi's sword and was sealed away and Kabuto fused him self with orochimarus remains theres no proof he's dead.
EDIT: I agree with this user, he's absolutely right. There's no proof that he's dead other than character's assumptions. I believe his status should be "Unknown".
- There are at least 3 ways he could survive: the sealing and genjutsu can be undone - making Orochimaru only traped but alive, probability of regaining consciousness in Kabuto's body after the remains take more than 50% of it, he might had escaped in form of those white snakes - his true form was made of those and there were at least 3 of those escaping from which only one was shown to die from Amaterasu. And umm... if the change is going to be made the Sannin article will require changes as well.
no definitely not because pain tells Tsunade that she is the last sannin left. what makes you think Pain knows everything? Vegerot 17:43, 22 February 2009 (UTC)
Actually he is in a sealing jutsu used by Itachi with the Susano'o and the Blade of Totsuka.
Can we really call Kabuto Orochimaru's partner? I thought that section was for members in Akatsuki. Jacce 14:29, 11 October 2008 (UTC)
- Hm, you bring up a good point. Probably we should call Kabuto Orochimaru's "assistant" rather than "partner". That way it doesn't sound like he's still part of the Akatsuki. Thanks for your answer, by the way. Ai Raiokachi 21:00, 11 November 2008 (UTC)
In the manga he uses Shadow clones, in the anime he uses Mud clones. Should we add Shadow clone to his jutsu list and ad (manga only)? Jacce 14:30, 23 October 2008 (UTC)
hmm mud clones yeah i remember when he fight against sarutobi sensei it was today on jetix in bg language i watched it he used the forbiden jutsu to summon the first and secnd hokage
ya add shadow clone to orochimaru's jutsu's
i think it's not a mud clone or just simply clone. it's a substitution technique. it is said in the subtitle when oro is fighting with sandaime- --Narutofan.sasuke015 13:03, 12 February 2009 (UTC)
- Possible, but when he is fighting Anko in the forest of death he uses shadow clone and even calls it "shadow clone" (manga only). Jacce 14:03, 12 February 2009 (UTC)
At the top where it has all the symbols listed, it lists him as being an Akasuki member. Why? Ai Raiokachi 18:23, 11 November 2008 (UTC)
- Once he was a member of Akasuki, and Sasori's partner, but after trying to steal Itachi's body he defected. Jacce 18:28, 11 November 2008 (UTC)
In the anime, (not sure about manga) Orochimaru was able to use fire release techniques. Can somebody add that to his nature manipulation slot, unless I am wrong of course. Thanks Shikamaru1994 20:24, 17 November 2008 (UTC)Shikamaru1994
- Acording to leafninja, that was a smaller version of Wind Release: Great Breakthrough, not a real fire jutsu. Jacce 20:28, 17 November 2008 (UTC)
Nope, it WAS fire release, he used it against Naruto with red chakra but with no effect, he also borned their scroll ( it was during the forest of death arc)Paths 05:56, 30 November 2008 (UTC)
Can someone add Fire to Orochimarus Nature Types?Paths 12:04, 4 December 2008 (UTC)
- Since the only time I have seen him using fire was when he used his smaller version of Wind Release: Great Breakthrough and when he burned the scroll, I don't think we can ad fire. And I don't understand what you mean with Orochimaru using fire on Naruto with red chakra. Jacce 12:10, 4 December 2008 (UTC)
The fact he used fire to burn the scroll, means that he can use fire, he breathed fire at Naruto during the chuunin exams. Paths 16:36, 5 December 2008 (UTC)
- The scroll burning doesn't have to have been a jutsu. And the only thing he breathed at Naruto in the manga was Fuuron: Daitoppa. A Wind Release technique. --ShounenSuki 16:42, 5 December 2008 (UTC)
Well it just burned in his hand(but it was green,strange...). The problem is Orochimaru didn't had many battles and rarely used elements, but it should anime only in that case.Paths 16:48, 5 December 2008 (UTC)
- It was green? Well, the manga doesn't give any colours, but it still has room for possibilities other then Fire Release. It could simply have been normal chakra, or he could have used a lighter or match. --ShounenSuki 16:54, 5 December 2008 (UTC)
No it just flamed up in hisPaths 16:58, 5 December 2008 (UTC) hand and it looked like fire, and it is strange to imagine Orochimaru carrying matches.
- Well, we never ever saw anyone use a Katon jutsu in that way, it was named in the databooks, and it really isn't beyond reason to assume a shinobi can light something on fire without the use of a jutsu. Ans as I said, it doesn't have to have been fire. --ShounenSuki 22:23, 5 December 2008 (UTC)
The daimyo is the one that is rulling a country right...so ..wasn't orochimaru the sound daimyo?Kadaj22(Archemon) 18:49, 14 February 2009 (UTC)
- No, since his village is/was located in the Land of Rice Fields. In the Infiltrating Orochimaru's Lair arc Jiraiya mentioned that Orochimaru was talking to the lands daimyo about building Otogakure. Jacce 18:53, 14 February 2009 (UTC)
Fight With Itachi
- We have no idea what happened in that fight only that Orochimaru lost.
¥Super Novice ↔ Talk 2 Me ¥19:00, 10 April 2009 (UTC)
Orochimaru in Kabuto
Vegerot, Kabuto only has a piece of Prochimaru's remains inside his body. Orochimaru's soul was sealed inside the Totsuka Swod by Itachi. Orochimaru is as good as dead. --ShounenSuki (talk | contribs) 23:29, 14 April 2009 (UTC)
- Not true Kabuto absorbed Oro so now Oro clings to Kabuto and is slowly taking over him!Vegerot (talk) 03:40, 17 April 2009 (UTC)
"Orochimaru borrows heavily from Japanese literature — his name (meaning: Eight-forked serpent circle)"
This is misleading and should be edited. Orochimaru's name does not mean or symbolize 'Eight-forked' regardless of any literary work from which his name was based —This unsigned comment was made by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs) on 02:30, 24 May 2009.
Orochimaru new pic
I got a picture from shippuden episode 113 orochimarus true form.
"Orochimaru was kind as a child and for much of his adult life, but later grew to become aloof, arrogant, and somewhat sadistic."
That's simply not true. Even as a child, he was already aloof, arrogant, sadistic and plain evil. The Third Hokage said Orochimaru always had ambitious and malicious eyes, even as a child, Jiraiya's flashbacks show us an aloof and arrogant boy, rather like Sasuke, and the way he acted towards the Ame Orphans was simply cold and cruel. Even Kishimoto has said in interviews that he designed Orochimaru as someone who was pure, irredeemably evil from birth onwards. --ShounenSuki (talk | contribs) 16:32, 27 June 2009 (UTC)
- Ya..true...but in the recent Anime's, during his flashbacks during his fight with Sasuke, evrything is contridictary, till he leaves....But the manga is the prefered source of info...but its atleast worth a mention..AlienGamer | Talk 16:35, 27 June 2009 (UTC)
- The manga by far outweighs the anime in importance. If the anime tells us something that contradicts the manga, they are wrong and the information deserves, at most, a quick mention or a place in the trivia. It shouldn't be passed on as fact as it is now. --ShounenSuki (talk | contribs) 16:41, 27 June 2009 (UTC)
- Speaking of his parents, are the names on their gravestone legible? ~SnapperTo 19:10, 15 July 2009 (UTC)
Vanishing Facial Copy Technique
When was it stated that he uses this technique to assume his original appearance, I was under the impression that it was just a mask that kabuto made (i guess thats speculation) but still where was it stated? Simant (talk) 19:22, 15 July 2009 (UTC)
Dead Soul Technique
Orochimaru uses the Dead Soul Technique in the Fuma clan pre shipuuden filler arc I remember on the person that uses the 4 wing thunderbolt chakra thing I forget who it was again though. --Aquabender (talk) 02:55, 19 July 2009 (UTC)
- Kagero Fuma? Jacce | Talk 16:42, 19 July 2009 (UTC)
- Yeah. --Aquabender (talk) 17:00, 19 July 2009 (UTC)
- As far as I remember, Kagero wasn't dead when the trio arrived to the hideout, so Orochimaru just had to heal him/her instead of bringing he/she back to life. And besides, if the Dead Soul Technique had been used on Kagero, he/she would have those pale eyes. And finally, he/she seamed to act voluntarily. Jacce | Talk 17:16, 19 July 2009 (UTC)
- Yeah. --Aquabender (talk) 17:00, 19 July 2009 (UTC)