"Shipping" Page Edit
I see Ultimite3 still hasn't change this "shipping page" or allow anyone else to post a more neutral position. Since no one willing to talk about the Elephant in the room I will, This is nothing but a Shipping page in disgiuse! There is no clear evidence on what character Kishimoto is going to pair off to another character in the series. Heck, Kishimoto still has Karin in love with Sasuke even after he trie to kill her. Both the Sakura and Hinata subsections need to be rewritten, the Sakura section more than the Hinata one. Statements like "Naruto "had" a long standing crush" and "never going to happen" are unsupported by any actual facts. The synopsis for Naruto Shippuden episode 235 in the Sakura section is a complete fraud. It is not a debate on wether or not anime is canon but the fact that it's statement that Naruto no longer loves Sakura and only wants her to be happy with Sasuke is a Lie! The following is an actual exerpt from that Episode.
"Naruto" I mean, I don't know anything about marriage and stuff, but don't you have to love someone and be attracted to each other? "Shizuki" That's "Naruto" I have a girl I love named Sakura. Well actually, its one-sided on my part. Sakura is totally in love a guy named Sasuke. She tries so hard, chasing after him and trying to win his love. When she's at it, her smile is the cutest thing. There no explaining it. Before I realizes it, I was in love with her. I would never try to force her to love me. I'd be no different that guy just now if I did. So I made up my mind. In the same way that Sakura tries so hard to win Sasuke over, I'm going to do my best to win Sakura over.
Does this sound like Naruto just wants to be friends with Sakura? Nope, it does not. To address the comments by Michma12, Kishimoto's comments in the interview on Road to Ninja refer to the Mirrorverse version of Naruto characters not about the plot or any Naruto/Sakura moments. The ninth Naruto "Road to Ninja" movie does count as canon for the following reasons, The tie-in anime episode Road to Sakura. Both Naruto anime series are an expansion of canon not against it, at least in this anime series. There is also the special Zero issue of the actual manga that is a prequel to the movie. Thus making it's content's like Naruto still in love with Sakura canon. Also the controversy about Kushina's last words was about the fact there are three different versions of the second to last line of her last words. In the American manga release it states "don't fall for the first girl that comes your way" meaning pro-Hinata but in the actual Manga version it states a "weird one" instead, meaning pro-Sakura and the anime version simply states "a bad one" which is neutral. In Japanesse bad is Warui, weird is Kikai, and first is Saisho Hajime or Ichiban. Since the American version is highly rewritten by Viz Media the US version is very much in doubt given it's polciy of changing what is original written by Kishimoto. It was also pointed out to you, Michma12 on your talkpage months before by some else. Please don't try to pass off your personal opinions as facts.
Masashi Kishimoto really needs to settle the pairing debate soon. Zombie armies and giant monster brawels are all good but the whole Sasuke/Sakura/Naruto/Hinata love quadrangle and all it's branches has to resolved before the arguements between fans make fandom anymore toxic, It's driving all freaking nuts! --BrennanMulcahey (talk) 09:53, November 23, 2012 (UTC)User:BrennanMulcahey
BrennanMulcahey, you truly are an idiot aren't you? Did you know that there are two versions of that anime episode? One with what you said happened and another where the words say that he knows it's one sided but is happy so long as she's happy. However, one was taken down do to controversial reasons. If Naruto didn't say these words in the manga, they aren't canon. As much as you want it to be, bitch and moan as loud as you can, it isn't canon. Naruto has shown deep feelings for Sakura, yes I'll agree, but to what extent hasn't been fully elaborated or confirmed. In Sai's opinion he thinks Naruto is in love with Sakura, but realizes it may not be to the extent he thought it was. But that means squat when the girl doesn't have the same feelings for him and is in love with a guy she'll most likely still be in love with even if he's dead, an example being Tsunade and Dan.
Though I will agree that the Sakura and Hinata things should be revised later on. However, despite Hinata's lack of screen time, several of those moments, unlike Sakura, portrays about their relationship. That isn't to say that Sakura's relationship isn't important either, just that certain moments are repetition and whatnot, and are later seen as irrelevant when new occurrences occur that contradict those moments. Same with Hinata.
Theres also the fact that movies and filler episodes aren't canon to the manga storyline, the manga part for Road to Ninja was nothing more than a way to advertise the movie. Kishimoto stated that some elements from filler inspire him but nothing more. Also like I said before, when elements from the anime clash with the manga we go with the manga version instead. Kishimoto stated it was fun to make, but was still not canon! Also Kushina's words were this "Try not to fall for a weird one... try to find someone like your mother." And Minato was laughing/smiling in the next scene because it was humorous. Why? Because he knows that Kushina was a weird girl when she was younger. Can you honestly say that Kushina was a normal kid or teenager? I don't think so. You also need to realize that certain love/crush moments Naruto had for Sakura were flashbacks to way back to close to early middle of Shippuden. It is possible they changed. Give hard evidence and I'll accept it. Till then stop being a big baby and grow up.--Michma12 (talk) 21:49, November 23, 2012 (UTC)
Honestly I think you're both over thinking this. Certainly opinions on Sakura or Hinata in terms of their relationship with Naruto are going to be confused and jaded from fan perspectives, making writing a totally unbiased article about it difficult. Similarly so since we don't know what resolution Kishimoto is intending. I'm still pissed at the guy for Naruto running out on Hinata's confession, but that's just me. This however, is not the point. You're addressing only two characters on a list with over a dozen people on it. Bitch about shipping all you want, but this page is about Naruto's relationships with other important characters, not just his romantic ones, but his teachers, his parents, his friends, his rivals and even his enemies and since this isn't Fanfiction.net, I can assure you the romantic value of each one only bares mentioning in Sakura and Hinata's cases. --Hawkeye2701 (talk) 23:24, November 23, 2012 (UTC)
Adding info. on Sakura's Haruno part from movie: Road to Ninja Edit
Hello, I'm new here, and I really like Naruto x Hinata. Although, I think it's kind of necessary to add information of the relationship between Naruto and Sakura in the Road to Ninja movie (once it's subbed over the internet), since the story plot was directed by Kishimoto, no? What do you guys think? --*MsIsamisa (talk) 14:09, December 31, 2012 (UTC)
I dunno, if ot was truly directed by Kishimoto, since he draw sketches about Fuu and Roshi, applying that they will be in the movie too, but in the end they weren't. Also, Kishimoto didn't confirmed it canon or took it into the timeline of the manga. He draw a special one shot, but Kubo did also for the fourth Bleach movie too, which also was "directed" by Kubo, yet didn't confrimed as canon or took into the timeline of the manga. But since people considering non-canon anime fillers as canon too, I think you can. —This unsigned comment was made by Mangekyo22 (talk • contribs) .
Actually movies are considered non-canon and are therefore irrelevant. Kishimoto stated the film to be a fun project nothing more and nothing less. Also theres little relationship between them than what has already been shown in the past. So no its not needed. —This unsigned comment was made by Michma12 (talk • contribs) .
Speaking of non-canon, as of right now, I believe the anime filler part in Sakura's section is totally irrelevant to the entire canonical flow. I propose that it should be removed. KazeKitsune (talk) 03:00, January 3, 2013 (UTC)
Frog teacher, plus tenten and shino Edit
Relationships pages for main and supporting characters? Edit
Reply: Okay, that I get, but then how about a mini relationships section in the character pages, just to help sort out their personality sections? Because it seems that they could use some offloading themselves, plus it make certain parts hard to keep track. How about it? Justin Holland (talk) 21:49, January 17, 2013 (UTC)
- None of them have enough relations to have a different section/page.~ UltimateSupreme 02:28, January 18, 2013 (UTC)
Relationship with Mentors: Killer Bee Edit
Just a thought, but shouldn't we also list Killer Bee under the Mentors Relationship section? He did say that he was now Naruto's teacher in Chapter 495 and even before that, Naruto asked him to teach him how to control the Bijuu in Chapter 492 --Littlemissdoodle (talk) 00:10, May 21, 2013 (UTC)
- Well he is more a mentor than Ebisu at the least. — SimAnt 02:57, May 21, 2013 (UTC)
- Indeed. Ebisu is more properly classified as an ally rather than a mentor since he only served to clarify and supervise Naruto's chakra control for a few hours tops See Chapter 90. Negligible, I'd say. Jiraiya even said that the method wasn't the smartest way to handle Naruto's insane amount of chakra in Chapter 92. Rather than a mentor, Ebisu is just a character to represent the people in Konoha, the way they regard Naruto and such. Going back to the sectioning of Killer Bee, perhaps the original intent is for Bee to be filed under the subsection on the Jinchuuriki & the Bijuu? But, well there was hardly any interaction between Naruto and the Ichibi(Shukaku) to begin with. Naruto's encounter with the Yonbi(Son Goku) was more significant in that respect. Maybe move Killer Bee up (Mentors), take Gaara out (Ally) and create a subsection on purely Bijuu?--Littlemissdoodle (talk) 07:53, May 21, 2013 (UTC)
- The tailed beast and jinchuuriki sections do seem like they should be removed. — SimAnt 23:35, May 23, 2013 (UTC)
Why did the discussion discontinue? Kirabi definitely should be under mentors section, he is the second most important mentor to him skills-wise after Jiraiya.Faust-RSI (talk) 14:39, January 23, 2014 (UTC)
Enemy section: Ten-tails? Edit
- Naruto has no actual relationship with the Ten-Tails. Hell nothing does, it is a mass of pissed off evil that happens to be standing in front of him.--TheUltimate3 (talk) 21:50, May 29, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes, and you also think that it's Kumogakure's fault Naruto's parents had coitus. Again, he has no relationship with them, hence they're not mentioned in the article. This isn't about people Naruto have met, it's people he's built some kind of relationship with be it good or bad.--Cerez365™(talk) 17:31, October 4, 2013 (UTC)
- Would it been okay to call obito Naruto's mortal enemy? Justin Holland (talk) 19:05, October 4, 2013 (UTC)
- No. Until the start of this battle, Tobi saw Naruto as nothing but a tool to piss off Sasuke for reasons only he knows. He gets a section in this article because they have had interactions before and during the battle but for the most part Tobi is merely the major villain of the arc who is talking a lot to the main character.--TheUltimate3 (talk) 21:53, October 4, 2013 (UTC)
If the latest chapters are any indication (not that there ever was to the contrary) Naruto still loves Sakura. I'll do some editing but first I want to get it out of the way that A) I am not at all interested in the shipping war and B) it's not the purpose of a wikipedia to judge based on opinion but on facts. The facts are Naruto has feelings for Sakura. There is nothing to suggest the contrary. Therefore the past tense in which Naruto's feelings for Sakura are referred to are incorrect. Does anyone here have anything to add? And please spare me when it comes to the shipping wars, I don't care, Kishimoto probably doesn't care, so let's just do right by the purpose of this wiki page. Thank you.--Reliops (talk) 23:04, May 29, 2013 (UTC)Reliops
- There was nothing that suggested he does either. Beyond that, everything is supposed to be in past tense. Everything.--TheUltimate3 (talk) 23:10, May 29, 2013 (UTC)
It's been noted several times Naruto loves her. That's he has feelings for her has been evident and established since day one. That he no longer has those feelings isn't. My bad on the past tense part. I haven't updated anything yet though. Thanks for the quick response.--Reliops (talk) 23:26, May 29, 2013 (UTC)Reliops
Should we add a paragraph about Naruto's realtionship with Utakata, despite it being in an anime-only arc? Because I think that it's a good example of the relationships Naruto has with other jinchūriki.--JOA20 (talk) 20:07, August 8, 2013 (UTC)
More characters Edit
- He doesn't really have a relationship with either of them to be honest. They all just kinda showed up and he was fighting with or against them. In terms of relationships though, they are basically strangers.--TheUltimate3 (talk) 16:24, November 15, 2013 (UTC)
Is it possible to add Mizuki to the enemies relations section, due to the fact that while he was only trying to use naruto as a scapegoat, it was also thanks to his actions that Naruto is ablre to become a ninja and be acknowledge by Iruka and eventually the rest of the village. Justin Holland (talk) 02:44, January 23, 2014 (UTC)
I was checking the quotes and I think we should do a revision of them. Some of them are a kinda outdated (e.g.: Sakura's) meanwhile others are too large (e.g.: Hinata's or Shikamaru's ones). Besides, we should try to add a quote for the characters that haven't any one. Adept-eX (talk) 20:19, January 24, 2014 (UTC)
Black Zetsu Edit
If you don't mind, can you add Black Zetsu? Black Zetsu is the current antagonist right now and he too like Obito spent more time with Naruto than Madara. --Masurao14 (talk) 20:12, July 30, 2014 (UTC)
- Well…what is there to say about Naruto's interactions with Black Zetsu?-- JOA20 20:18, July 30, 2014 (UTC)
Why don't you guys stop being biased? that's not all of Sakura and Naruto's relationship information and you know it :/
and the thing with Hinata, Naruto was reacting to everyone, not only Hinata. He sensed them all in danger. just because her panel was shown last doesnt mean it was only meant for her.
If he had heard her mental cry for help he would have at least called her name out or something.
Firstly, please sign your posts. Secondly, it's a SUMMARY. If it had all the content of their relationship, then it would be too long. And, the wiki would need to include more info on the other characters relationships to naruto to remain "unbiased". Sure, there might be some info that's missing, but that could also apply to other relationships like his and Hinata's. And, with the "thing with hinata", they only showed her. It might be a coincidence, sure. But, it also might not be. We don't know the details, unfortunately. The problem is that what you're posting seems biased as well, and doesn't add much info either. If I'm being rude, or if I'm just being biased myself, I apologize, but for now, leave the article be. Plane in the Desert (talk) 03:04, August 22, 2014 (UTC)Plane in the Desert
Again, stop re-doing your edits. Though it is possible that this page is biased, the wiki tries to keep it as simple and unbiased as possible. Also, stuff like "This is the most progressed relationship in the series." is biased as well. When and where did Masashi Kishimoto write that? When was it stated explicitly in the anime/manga? Many of your edits have superfluous/speculative details that aren't confirmed in the manga. We write what happens, not what we think happens. That's all. We didn't put any lies on the Sakura part of the page, nor did we on the Hinata part of the page. Finally, if I'm being overly rude, or if I'm being too patronizing, then I apologize. Maybe we could have this page 'unable to be edited' due to arguments like these? Plane in the Desert (talk) 19:27, August 22, 2014 (UTC)Plane in the Desert
- So where in the manga does it say that he was reacting to only Hinata? does he say so himself? huh? NO. because he was reacting to everyone, that is why everyone is showed being affected by IT. You guys seem to forget that Hinata's line is always "naruto-kun" or something revolving around him. everyone knows he sensed them all in danger, why would he only save Hinata? you guys are biased :/
- and how am i biased, when im giving them the highlights of Naruto and Sakura's relationship? their relationship is the most progressed, and they've had a lot of positive moments together as friends, all im doing is adding the important parts, that you guys keep wiping. IN THE MANGA, Sakura is the first one to support his dreams of becoming Hokage, and to find out that he had the nine tails. that is important. you even left out the scene on the bridge where he unconsciously hits her, that's important too, especially yamato's words. Hinata doesnt even appear until the chunin exam arc. and there are a lot of other important notable things for Sakura's part.
- On Sasuke's page, he wasnt the only one to save Sakura, Naruto had too.
- This isnt a shipping site, so be fair with EVERYONE. Stop being biased. Hinata isn't the only one in the series important to Naruto, a whole lot of others are too.
- —This unsigned comment was made by Momochanx3 (talk • contribs) on August 22, 2014, 20:20 (UTC).
- Again, the article doesn't say it's ONLY to Hinata! THE MANGA simply only shows her PANEL! And even if he was reacting to everyone, he was also reacting to her, but only showing her panel reveals a possibility that it might only have been her. I just said it MIGHT BE A COINCIDENCE. Okay?
- The highlights of their relationship are already extensive and are already given, and your edits are kind of being superfluous and speculative. Though some are good edits and I'd keep them, some are also being biased/speculative.
- If Sakura was the first to support him in being hokage then she was, but please tell me when it was stated in the manga/anime, and then that'll be fine. I don't think she was the first to find out he had the nine-tails, though it is a possibility. Again, please tell me when that is stated in the manga/anime. Yamato's words could've meant that she cared for him a lot, but he didn't say it was romantically either, to clarify.
- To address Hinata's part of the article: It is mostly composed of major events that are very important to her and Naruto's relationship, therefore it can be reasonable to have it long.
- I agree it isn't a shipping site, and I know that Hinata isn't the most important relationship to Naruto, but right now the article is clear and provides clear, non-biased information. If you think Sakura's part is missing info, then provide major events that we have missed. Right now, it isn't missing much. If Naruto rescued her, then he rescued her. Feel free to add that info, but don't make it speculative information. And, a reason as to why it wasn't posted is that it was in a battle, and it doesn't really add to their RELATIONSHIP. Sure, it's important, but he's saved her before and he'll save her again. --Plane in the Desert (talk) 21:54, August 22, 2014 (UTC)Plane in the Desert
Can we please move Kakashi, Sakura, Sasuke, Yamato and Sai under the single title Team 7? I think its easier and makes more sense than splitting them up into three different sub-headings. (Shadoguardian (talk) 04:21, August 22, 2014 (UTC))
- No. Things are fine the way they are. The article isn't suffering because of it. WindStar7125 (Talk) (Contributions) 04:46, August 22, 2014 (UTC)
Continuation of "biasedness" Edit
it showed everyone's panel before hers, hers was only placed last, look at chapter 677 pages 10 - 14, hers is only placed last, then they show Naruto with "!!" trying to rush out. He never mentions it was Hinata and Naruto IS NOT TELEPATHIC, he sensed everyone in danger, that is why they showed everyone before her, and then hers last. It's common SENSE, and you all seem to forget that all Hinata says is "Naruto-kun" of course she'd say it here, and for your information, Naruto sensed it with his senjutsu (it was activated) so please. You’re giving Hinata way too much credit when Naruto’s bond with her isn’t even that deep in comparison to people like Shikamaru, Gaara, and Tsunade who also got caught in the genjutsu. Why are their relationship stuff even shorter than hers? smt and you're forgetting that the same time she was being tied up, everyone else was also.
Im not being biased, im just trying to post more important things between him and Sakura's, give me ONE relationship where it is as progressed as theirs that's gone from part 1 to part 2 with so much changes? that's why I put that there, and it's stated in chapter 43, page 14...tell me who supports his dream before this chapter? and Im not talking about Hinata's made-up filler past in the pein arc, Hinata first appears in the chunin exams along with the other rookies, so technically, Sakura really is the first to support his dreams, that's important, and the first to verbally encourage him and believe in him, when everyone doubted him at the chunin exams against Kiba, even Hinata did, and out of the rookie 9, she is the first to know about the 9 tails, proof in chapter 261, and she even wants to remove it from him
I re-did the whole Sakura saving his life cause you left out a few things...you said she was forced to, which she wasn't..you put something about not letting her friend die, when in the manga, she says she wont let him die and that his dream is right in front of them..there's also the part after all that where she doesn't trust Obito with Naruto...that's important too..then there's a part way back where Sakura finds out about jinchurikis and what happens to them after extracted and she goes on to ask how to remove a biju, which shows she wanted to remove it from him..and then the part where she selflessly runs to Naruto to try and bring him back to his senses by wanting to get Sasuke back herself if it meant he wouldn't become the monster he was becoming, and then he hits her, and the impact that has on him after being told that he did that unconsciously..
You guys even skipped out on why Naruto tried so hard in part 1 to save Sakura from gaara -facepalm-
Those are all important information..
I even put things like them two having an understanding of each other because no one knows the other better than they know each other, that's how progressed their relationship is and I added the whole Obito thing to show how driven Sakura is to help Naruto, and the thing with Naruto cheering her up after what Sasuke had said, cause it showed that Naruto agreeing with Sasuke affected her more and it was a scene where she thanked him
Yamato's words were "It's not what you do for Naruto that's important...it's how strongly you feel about him that counts...Sakura...I can tell just by looking at you....the truth is, you - " its obvious she cares about him, but why have him cut off if thats all he was going to say?
anyways, this really isn't supposed to be a shipping site, so who knows what he meant, im just trying to say be fair. and also, why is it on Sasuke's section, you guys put only Sasuke was the one to save Sakura from the ten tail clone? Naruto did too you know
And why did you guys add a filler moment with Ino almost falling for him there? does filler really count in his relationships? unless it's on another character's page?
anyways, like I said before, Im not trying to be biased, this was brought to my attention, that some NH/SS fans were putting biased things on this website and i went to check it out and noticed that you were. At the end of the day, it's called "Naruto" and this is an information site about everything Naruto related, not pairing wars. Momochanx3 (talk) 18:48, August 25, 2014 (UTC)
- For someone who's 'unbiased', you sure do have a preference towards Naruto and Sakura's relationship. In fact, I checked your edits, and almost all support that trend. A piece of advice for you: if you wanna preach about who's biased and who's not, at least try not to be blatantly so yourself... oh, and this is a talk page, not a rant page. --Atrix471 (talk) 00:40, August 26, 2014 (UTC)
Atrix, though I agree Momochan is a bit biased, I don't think he was ranting. He was countering my argument, or possibly the wiki's. Momochan, if all those are true (and thank you for providing sources) then I agree with you that they should be added to Sakura's part of the page.
But, I still disagree with you on some points: Iruka/jiraiya and Hinata (I am very, very sure Kishimoto intended for her to be one of the first of Naruto's followers, ALONG WITH Sakura) I think were the first to support his dream, and Sakura grew to follow it as well. I continue to disagree with you about the "telepathy" thing you addressed early in your argument. Though you may be correct, there is no proof that he was reacting to the entire alliance instead of only Hinata.
Finally, I said early in this argument that you tend to be a bit biased. I'm sorry if I'm being rude, but that's the reality.
I suggest we get an administrator/sysop/whatever of the wiki to include the facts that are verified as non-speculation/bias to the Sakura part of the page. If they are true, then they will be added (hopefully. I don't want to give any guarantees.). I'll support you if you try to be unbiased and if you stop with the "telepathy" and who-was-the-first-follower-of-Naruto stuff, and if you agree not to delete anything from Hinata's part of the page. I would very much appreciate if we came to a mutual agreement. Yours Truly, --Plane in the Desert (talk) 01:10, August 26, 2014 (UTC)Plane in the Desert
- Oh right. This was a thing. Fantastic.
- To start, 4k bytes was never going to stay on this page. Partially because that's a friggin lot. Partially because a lot of what's there practically meaningless. There is absolutely no reason to add super detailed of every interaction between the two of them, because for one, it will make things quite friggin big. On the other, a lot of those can very easily be summed up with a sentence. "Over the course of Part II the two had grown very close." or something like that gets the point across just as much as going into such a minor detail as her healing his arm and feeding him.
- If anything the fact that in your 4k edit you removed a picture of Hinata (then proceeded to make Sakura dominate the page) will obviously make people question your stance of nonbiasedness. But I look at it differently and notice that while you made Sakura's relationship dominate the page, the the one relationship he had that truly dominated the series was left untouched; Sasuke Uchiha.
- That said, the telepathy thing I was certain wasn't supposed to be added to the article and will be removed.--TheUltimate3 (talk) 09:53, August 26, 2014 (UTC)