Gai as a Chunin. This should be added to his profile.
http://img23.narutoverse.org/mangas/raw/73421/73421/599/narutoverse14.jpg 184.108.40.206 (talk) 01:16, May 25, 2013 (UTC)
Okay, does anybody else find it strange that when guy first appears by Naruto in episode 325 he's glowing green and than out of nowhere he is shown glowing blue? Does Pierrot even know what they're doing? This is only going to make the "is it blue or green" question so much more confusing! Any thoughts?--Aburame41 (talk) 12:50, August 15, 2013 (UTC)
- It's just an animation error, nothing more or less.... --Speysider Talk Page | My Image Uploads | Tabber Code | Channel 12:51, August 15, 2013 (UTC)
- I can understand that but it's so unclear right now if it was meant to be blue or green. Now I see that it's even being questioned if he's the Sublime green or blue beast of prey. Why can't they just pick a color and stick with it?--Aburame41 (talk) 12:55, August 15, 2013 (UTC)
- This is not a forum. Questions like these are best asked on the Naruto Answers wikia.--Cerez365™(talk) 07:48, November 8, 2013 (UTC)
- Im asked because u guys have it in guys abilities section but it was never stated that he could dispel Gaaras sandMunchvtec (talk) 12:49, November 8, 2013 (UTC)munchvtec
he argument about Guy breaking the sand, I just watched the episode and he did not even touch Gaara's sand. He just waved his hand and it stopped moving.fix thisMunchvtec (talk) 12:53, November 18, 2013 (UTC)munchvtec
- He just waved at it. Not a special skill. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 00:10, November 19, 2013 (UTC)
yes I understand that, its just that Guy did not touch the sand so how could he have broken it cerez. In the article it says he broke it with his strength but he didn't.Munchvtec (talk) 12:47, November 20, 2013 (UTC)munchvtec
- No explanation was given, you are way over-analyzing things--Elveonora (talk) 14:11, November 20, 2013 (UTC)
oh well cerez is correct because we were all talking about the anime while he was talking about the manga and im sure that the manga is more canon is it not?!!!Munchvtec (talk) 16:50, November 20, 2013 (UTC)munchvtec
i thought we made it clear we were not going to add any ages past databook 3 since databook 4 isn't out and you all agreed that there will be NO calculated ages on the stats. I suggest you remove the 31 from his age then. ItachiWasAHero (talk) 16:42, January 2, 2014 (UTC)
Speculation put to rest
Gai can't use Ninjutsu or Genjutsu just like Lee, off subject but he can use summoning jutsu, so it is safe to assume Lee should be able to use summoning jutsu too. ItachiWasAHero (talk) 08:31, March 12, 2014 (UTC)
- Assume nothing. This isn't a forum. --OmegaRasengan (talk) 08:34, March 12, 2014 (UTC)
- He couldn't use Ninjutsu and Genjutsu when he was 5, he can use at least the former now.--Elveonora (talk) 11:07, March 12, 2014 (UTC)
Well then, since he can use Summoning Jutsu, which is still a Ninjutsu. That means Lee can too eventually. As it was clearly stated Gai could not use Nin or Gen. Summoning Jutsu I guess would be a lot easier to use for people like Lee since all it takes is enough chakra and a blood contract. ItachiWasAHero (talk) 21:48, March 12, 2014 (UTC)
- You're taking that far too literally. Guy, and Dai before him, were only illustrating that they had no skill in ninjutsu and genjutsu. Lee, as a student, could use the basic clone technique, a ninjutsu, but it was severely worse than that of his classmate, leading Guy to declare that Lee could not use ninjutsu or genjutsu. Long explanation short, neither Guy, Lee, nor Dai have any talent for ninjutsu or genjutsu, but that doesn't mean that they couldn't overcome them, nor that they literally can't use them. ~ Ten Tailed Fox 21:56, March 12, 2014 (UTC)
Your argument is logical, but it fails in the respect that Gai was five years old at the time. Given Naruto couldn't effectively use a basic ninjutsu at eleven, Gai, who didn't seem to have formal ninja training beforehand, couldn't use it then. Lee on the other hand, doesn't possess the ability to learn Ninjutsu or Genjutsu.
To put it another way, Gai was a child who could crawl, but needed to learn how to run. He couldn't then, but he learned how.
Lee is a man with no legs. He can learn to do some epic stuff with his hands, but he'll never run.
Going by appearance and the fact he said he was 5. He was already in the academy, as it was shown he joined the academy with Kakashi at 4yrs old. Kakashi graduated at 5, but guy graduated at 7. So he did have formal Ninja Training somewhat, as that is what the academy does. ItachiWasAHero (talk) 22:13, March 12, 2014 (UTC)
I think adding a "Dark Guy" paragraph to Guy's personality section should be made. In Shippuden episode 250(?) he uses the Waterfall of Truth to see his "Dark self" and I think what his dark self said is important and should be added to his personality section. I could make this change myself, but I made my profile yesterday, so I'm a bit reluctant to just make changes like that. Yuri (talk) 07:48, April 28, 2014 (UTC)Yuri
- I thought that was Kisame :D--Elveonora (talk) 11:46, April 28, 2014 (UTC)
- Guy did star having an interaction with Dark Guy, but Kisame jumped through the waterfall right when Dark Guy was going to do the same. Considering how short the interaction was, I don't think there should be a whole section for it. Just a sentence should be enough. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 18:31, April 28, 2014 (UTC)
Damage from Night Guy
With the damage that Madara took from Night Guy, is it correct to assume it would've killed him if he wasn't a Juubi jinchuuriki? I think the fact that Madara admitted he thought he was a goner before he tried to finish Gai off (but Naruto intervened) in ch. 672 supports this.
If this is a "yes", is it appropriate to put this under the Trivia section.
Finally, with Gai's intense taijutsu skill, could we call the Hagoromo of taijutsu? That is, he's the mightiest known taijutsu. --Mike 05:35, June 5, 2014 (UTC)
- We don't know if him having been a jinchuuriki really helped that much to his survival. He seemingly healed afterwards using Hashirama's technique. Perhaps he would have survived the attack thanks to Sage Mode alone excluding the Shinju power. We can't tell. For calling Guy the Hagoromo of taijutsu, no. We don't make up nickname ourselves, we just document what is said in the manga/anime--Elveonora (talk) 11:02, June 5, 2014 (UTC)