furbearingbrick: deleted this bit:
- Manda's mouth appears to not have a tongue in both the manga and anime. However, the games portray him with a blue tongue.
How is his height measured? When he's coiled up or something? Or is that just there because there's no category for his length? And either way, what is the source for this number?Onomatopoeia (talk) 20:01, March 10, 2010 (UTC)
stubborn_d0nkey: delete/change this "Relying on quick thinking" its obvious that he had this planned before (probably not for this fight, but in general) because he told his teammates what to do in this sort of situation.
Someone removed my bit about Manda saying: Who do you think you are talking too, you little fuck!? Why did you remove it if it IS true? Watch the episode Deadlock! Sannin Showdown and tell me!—This unsigned comment was made by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs) .
- Because it doesn't reflect personality. I don't think he actually says that in the original Japanese.--Deva 27 22:09, September 2, 2011 (UTC)
- The expletive wasn't appreciated and it wasn't trivia.--Cerez365™ 22:12, September 2, 2011 (UTC)
- Regardless of what he said, the only thing there that would actually enhance the article is mentioning Manda's behaviour towards Kabuto when he was summoned as an example.--Cerez365™ 23:51, September 2, 2011 (UTC)
- It's your case friend, if you can't I don't think any one else will bother to. But the issue isn't what he said, it's the fact that it isn't necessary.--Cerez365™ 00:17, September 3, 2011 (UTC)
On Bulbapedia, a Pokemon wiki, everyone helps each other to accomplish things even if it is a minor shit like a snake cursing.I see on this wiki, you have to do every thing yerself, eh?
- Yes because we're "...very snobbish and proud, believing ourselves as superior to everyone..." I just said the cursing wasn't needed because it doesn't add to the article in any beneficial way but you could still make an example of his behaviour towards Kabuto which would be a good point.--Cerez365™ 00:36, September 3, 2011 (UTC)
- In his personality section→ "Manda was very snobbish and proud, believing himself as a superior to everyone as witnessed by/which was see from his behaviour towards Kabuto after being summoned to aid Orochimaru in battle...." or something like that. Also please sign your posts with four of those→(~~~~)----Cerez365™ 01:09, September 3, 2011 (UTC)
- It sounds to me like it isn't the proud and snobbish behaviour he finds important to mention, but the cursing specifically. Of course, Manda doesn't actually really curse in Japanese, he just uses an impolite pronoun — てめー (temē) — to refer to Kabuto. —ShounenSuki (talk | contribs | translations) 01:15, September 3, 2011 (UTC)
- It's unnecessary and as ShounenSuki explained he doesn't actually curse he uses an impolite pronoun.--Deva 27 01:56, September 3, 2011 (UTC)
- We don't. We use the literal translations of the original Japanese whenever possible. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 02:53, September 3, 2011 (UTC)
I suppose you are right, let's leave the fuck out since it was a different word said in the Original show.But still, I want someone to actually awknowledge Manda the big bad snake CURSES.
I know we never really got to much screen time of Manda, so I guess that's why his personality section isn't to big, but out of all of what we have, there are only 3 things that stand out to me in the paragraph:
- "Manda was very snobbish and proud, believing himself as a superior to everyone"
- "demanded that he be given a hundred human sacrifices as compensation for his help" (which defined his greed)
- "Manda had mutual animosity for Gamabunta."
Apart from this, the section goes on about a fight, and if that wasn't annoying enough, it doesn't even say WHICH fight. It starts off talking about Manda only serving Orochi because Manda couldn't defeat him, then about Manda how he may turn on Orochi, then his demand for a hundred sacrifices.
- ^^@ROOT: Yes, the original Manda did resemble a constrictor snake but it was not the snake that constricted the Island Turtle; that was its clone, Manda II, which resembles a mix of venomous snakes and oriental dragons... --D!ABLO-32 (talk) 07:03, May 3, 2013 (UTC)