Kuromaru and Sai
There's a funny short conversation that goes on between him and Sai, that I can't recall at the moment. Something who knows what I'm talking about should post that quote. —This unsigned comment was made by 126.96.36.199 (talk • contribs) .
Ummm how did he end up like that.....
- As I stated elsewhere, "ou" (応) is not a sound, it's a word. Kishimoto wold've put woof if he meant woof, or even just have him growling like the Haimaru Siblings. Not too sure what scan you're reading but all the ones I checked show Kuromaru speaking as well as Tsume.--Cerez365™(talk) 15:18, May 8, 2013 (UTC)
- Still not convinced. Let's just ignore the former "ou" and assume it's correct since it more than likely is, but a single word can't be considered speech. In real life/world some animals are intelligent enough to imitate words, but to them it's just patterns they remember, non-human animals are unable to formulate sentences. Kuromaru was never stated to be a summon, I see no reason why it should be capable of speech. A scanlation I and Cerez have used for and against our agendas are ironically the same, to him it shows the dog stating the line while to me it's clear to be a single speech bubble from that woman. Either someone provides a raw or viz or even both, else we have a reason to consider it to be false info. It's possible that:
- scanslator screwed up
- viz screwed up and made the dog say Kiba mom's text and animators based it on that
- Wouldn't be the first time, passing scanlation as proof is invalid imo.--Elveonora (talk) 15:37, May 8, 2013 (UTC)
Turns out Cerez was correct, I mistook a bubble. Still, it's a scanlation, if anyone could provide viz or even better raw for that, I would be grateful. If it turns out the dog really can speak, perhaps we should start to consider it's a summon or something, like Pakkun is--Elveonora (talk) 16:17, May 8, 2013 (UTC)
- Here's a link to the tankobōn version of the chapter. I think it's either a unique ability to Kuromaru or possibly something that happens to all Inuzuka dogs when they reach a certain age. We don't really know why he can talk, he isn't a summon though that's for sure. Look at Bull, he's a summon, but he can't (or hasn't) talked.--Cerez365™(talk) 15:32, May 16, 2013 (UTC)
- All of Kakashi's ninken can talk. Remember the omake in which Naruto and Sakura ask them about Kakashi's face? They all gave conflicting descriptions. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 16:31, May 16, 2013 (UTC)