Gaara uses Magnet Release in Gaara Hiden. Currently translating the chapter and it should be out fully tonight. Magnet Release should be added to his infobox with a novel only tag, right? --EmotionalRockfish (talk) 04:46, July 6, 2015 (UTC)
- Before that I'd like to read the fully translated chapter.--JOA2004:48, July 6, 2015 (UTC)
What involvement does Kishi have with the Hiden? Did he give the A-Ok to the author? If he gave his thumbs up, or had involvement himself it may be canon, if not then it is novel only.. although it's been awhile now people still think he has Magnet Release anyway.. QuakingStar (talk) 04:51, July 6, 2015 (UTC)
- I think everything else is being given novel only tags atm, so it's probably safer to just do that. I know Kishi illustrated the covers of the books, but I'm unsure of how canon they are. And yeah, I'll link the translation when it's done. --EmotionalRockfish (talk) 04:57, July 6, 2015 (UTC)
- Can you take a picture of the Japanese pls? I want to read it with my own eyes ._. I mean, the novels still are just novels, so they don't count anyway, but still... I want to punch a hole in a wall :D • Seelentau 愛 議 05:22, July 6, 2015 (UTC)
- Sure thing.For context, Gaara's fighting against someone who manages to get through his shield, and the book previously made a point that everyone's hiden jutsu were revealed in the war. Which is important because this is the only secret jutsu he has left that no one knows about.
No idea how to translate the first sentence, lol. Something about a spear and the shield of sand. Second sentence is "Magnet Release is what Gaara inherited from his father.". fcking sigh. • Seelentau 愛 議 06:37, July 6, 2015 (UTC)
- I swear, the author wrote this novel after watching the last shitstorm on this wiki about Gaara and Magnet Release, just to rub it into our faces once more. Now what? Tag him with "Magnet Release - Novel only"? Do we tag all sand techniques with the same? This is going to suck so much.... Norleon (talk) 06:53, July 6, 2015 (UTC)
- No. The book also states that "That single measure was something he hadn’t used before until now, his father’s jutsu." (by OD-chan). He can just control iron sand in addition to his normal sand control. Sand control still isn't Magnet Release. Just to clarify that^^ • Seelentau 愛 議 07:01, July 6, 2015 (UTC)
eer, I just checked Magnet Release and "This is further reinforced when the Gaara Hiden: A Sandstorm Mirage novel stated that none of Rasa's child inherited his Magnet Release."??? What is the truth now? • Seelentau 愛 議 07:10, July 6, 2015 (UTC)
- The line in chapter 4 is, "The truth was that neither of the three sand siblings had inherited the Fourth Kazekage's jutsu." Without knowing more of the context in chapter 5, I don't know how to reconcile the two. ~SnapperTo 07:18, July 6, 2015 (UTC)
Gonna reply to everything here.
1. That first sentence is 'However, the shield completely defended against the spear.' But yep. It later says 'A shield of sparkling metal particles repelled the spear of water.' I had to read that part before I was 100% certain.
2. Seelentau is right about that. He's never used this before, so it's got nothing to do with his sand manipulation.
3. The book was probably lying? This comes later in chapter 5, so I'd take this as the truth. The fact that this is supposed to be a surprise is pretty important, I think. Probably trying to get you to think he didn't have it, then... bam.--EmotionalRockfish (talk) 08:09, July 6, 2015 (UTC)
- Not seeing the big deal....if this is true, let's just tag him as ~novel only and be on our mary way.--Mina talk | contribs 20:58, July 6, 2015 (UTC)
The big deal is that its a dream come true. Alota people were saying he possessed Magnet Release even before it was confirmed...this is like History in the Making. Also, since the writer for the Gaara Hiden novel is worked with Kishi on the Boruto Movie (saw it somewhere on the wiki), we can expect to see Gaara using the Magnet Release (hopefully!) in the film. --Kyle Ethan (talk) 21:08, July 6, 2015 (UTC)