Tailed Beasts imortal?
Eventually we're going to need the Battles on individual pages
From what it looks like, this is going to be a long war and we can't keep all the battles in one page. Should we also start working on a timeline too?--SuperSaiyaMan (talk) 05:21, November 5, 2010 (UTC)
- None of these entries are or are likely to be long enough to absolutely need separate articles. I'd also argue that Bee v Kisame and Danzo v Sasuke aren't really events of this war, as one or more of the involved parties in each battle were not aware that war had been declared.
- Also, the basic structure of this article is very different from all similar articles on the wiki. That's partly because this war isn't being reduced to the occasional flashback, so that's fine. But the running tally of participants and wins/loses I see as problematic. ~SnapperTo 17:47, November 5, 2010 (UTC)
How do you know?
How do you know that there are 80,000 shinobi and samurai? There is obviously more than 80,000 ninja in the narutoverse! Probrably more than 80,000 ninjas in a village!Don't look at me!! Just talk... 15:15, November 26, 2010 (UTC)
- We know it because that's how much Zetsu read there was in the info Kisame stole from the alliance. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 15:34, November 26, 2010 (UTC)
- We need to start including more references. --Daleadil (talk) 18:09, November 26, 2010 (UTC)
- Besides, even if there were more that 80,000 shinobi in a village, do you not see the problem with a shinobi village deploying ALL of its troops? Think about Suna, for instance, and how vulnerable it would be to a neutral village like Kusa? It makes sense that there are more than that, but does it not also make sense not to deploy all of them? Timeel39 (talk) 00:19, January 22, 2011 (UTC)
Where are the other kage? Since the kages are the most powerfull ninjas in the world i would think that they would be in charge of the division. Where is Onoki, Mei, Tsunade?Scott sswagg 16:27, November 26, 2010 (UTC)
- Being busy with other aspects of the war like supplies, home front defence, logistics, and medical backup? —ShounenSuki (talk | contribs | translations) 16:46, November 26, 2010 (UTC)
add the battle
- It's there They just aren't called the "Kekkei division" --Cerez☺ (talk) 11:50, March 20, 2011 (UTC)
Allied Forces' Ambush
In all maps seem so far, the Surprise Attack Division is shown to be in the Land of Hot Water, and Kakashi's Division is in the Land of Frost. The battle between the SAD and Akatsuki's SADP, from what we know from SAD's location, happened in the Land of Hot Water. I understood that the Third Division moved into the Land of Hot Water to help them once Zabuza, Haku, Gari, and Pakura moved in, but the map shows them in the Land of Frost. I don't think SAD moved back, they'd have to go forward to reach Mountains' Graveyard. It seems to me that the Allied Shinobi have updated their maps according to this development, and that we haven't seen any communication between the SAD and someone who isn't from the Third Division seems to support that. Thoughts? Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 10:44, February 4, 2011 (UTC)
I noticed this page mentions Sasori returning to the "Afterlife". As an afterlife ia no small matter, someone thinking it exists in the plotline might not be seeing the series setting quite as Misashi Kishimoto intended. I tend to speedread comics, so if anyone remembers any mention of the afterlife, it should be discussed in the talk page here. Michael Flores (talk) 01:55, March 11, 2011 (UTC)
- Things like heaven were mentioned by Zabuza before Kabuto wiped his personality, and Kabuto mentioned that for him to be able to bring someone back, the soul needs to be in the pure world. I'm not familiar with the religious and cultural aspects of the term, but it implies it's something like an afterlife. We wouldn't add it to articles if we didn't have a base for it. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 02:19, March 11, 2011 (UTC)
- The Pure World or Pure Land is a kind of afterlife. It's a place created by the Amida Buddha where those born into it are personally instructed by her and numerous bodhisattva in the way to reach Nirvana and escape Samsara. Basically, it's a one-way trip to Nirvana and all you have to do is revere the Amida Buddha in life and/or call out to her when you die. —ShounenSuki (talk | contribs | translations) 13:08, March 11, 2011 (UTC)
Shikaku Nara's Promotion.
In the recent issue, the Raikage gave Shikaku Nara (Shikamaru's dad) the power to COMMAND the allied shinobi forces. You can find this conversation on page 7 of Manga #537. Does this not count as a promotion? We should list that as part of his rank, "Proxy Commander of Allied Shinobi Forces." Or something to that affect. Thoughts? --Daleadil (talk) 20:55, May 7, 2011 (UTC)
- Yes we know this. It's already mentioned in his article and seeing as he's the Chief Strategist all he's doing is usurping a line of command. I don't think that we should make it an "official" thing, not that it isn't.--Cerez365™☺ 21:00, May 7, 2011 (UTC)
Can this war been seen in the anime?
- Madara declared war in episode 205 (current episode is 212), and since the battle against Danzo wasn't a part of the war, the short answer is: no, not yet. Jacce | Talk | Contributions 15:43, May 20, 2011 (UTC)
What are the minor nations doing during this war? Do they know what's going on and are they sending help and supplies or are they just sitting back minding their own business? Nadara (talk) 19:12, November 26, 2011 (UTC)
To answer your question I think the smaller nations are aware but choose not to participate because of their small numbers of people and supplies but from the couple of places naruto has visited while sailing to the island in the land of lightning it seems some of nations send food and medical supplies to the main villages. WillofOP (talk) 19:20, November 26, 2011 (UTC)WillofOP
- They evacuated to the greater nations. The war was waged between Tobi and the Five Great Shinobi Countries. They're not really a part of it.-Cerez365™ 19:24, November 26, 2011 (UTC)
- When asked who the Allied Forces of WWII were, most people would list the US, Britain, Australia, Canada, China, and maybe New Zealand, South Africa, and the Commonwealth nations. This doesn't mean the Netherlands, Belgium, Greece, Czechoslovakia, Mexico, Norway, Yugoslavia, and dozens of other smaller nations didn't fight on the Allies' side as well.
- Just because the Alliance is lead by the Five Great Shinobi Power and mostly consists of their shinobi, doesn't mean the smaller nations don't have their roles as well. We simply don't focus on them. —ShounenSuki (talk | contribs | translations) 01:08, November 27, 2011 (UTC)
Village icons instead names
In "Allied Shinobi Forces" section table, the village names its said instead of their icons, like:
|A||Supreme Leader of the Allied Shinobi Forces|
|Gaara||Regimental Commander of the Allied Shinobi Forces, 4th Division Commander|
|Darui||1st Division Commander|
|Kitsuchi||2nd Division Commander|
|Kakashi Hatake||3rd Division Commander|
|Shikamaru Nara||4th Division Proxy Commander|
|Mifune||5th Division Commander|
|Shizune||Logistical Support and Medical Division Captain|
|Kankurō||Surprise Attack Division Captain|
|Ao||Sensor Division Captain|
|Inoichi Yamanaka||Intelligence Division Captain|
|Shikaku Nara||Chief Strategist|
I don't have a problem with this. Two things though... I think if we add "!! Loyalty" you can get another heading just for that. You may also want to ask Simant if there's an easier/automatic way to get the icons to show up in the table.--Cerez365™ 13:50, January 22, 2012 (UTC)
Naruto and the 4th World War
I may be a bit late but I have a question. In the most recent anime filler Adventures at Sea Arc, it appears that Naruto knows about the war. In the manga he has no realization about the war until Chapter 535. Is this a massive plot-hole or a misunderstanding on my part? --Questionaredude (talk) 01:50, February 17, 2012 (UTC)
- Most likely a plot-hole in my opinion, though if there are no events in that arc contradicting it, I think it might be possible for Naruto to have known that there would be a war, but not expect it to break so soon. Still most likely a plot-hole. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 02:09, February 17, 2012 (UTC)
Epic and Glorious Cuts
Yeah. The last battle was like a month of chapters but it grew to epic proportions here. So I made it smaller. Much smaller. I feel the other places should be shorted as well.--TheUltimate3 ~Keeper of Lore~ 14:56, February 18, 2012 (UTC)
- Those cuts are necessary once in a while. Snapper usually makes them. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 16:00, February 18, 2012 (UTC)
- If it wasn't stated implicitly, it was implied in chapter 525.--Cerez365™ 01:21, February 28, 2012 (UTC)
Given I think the anime is going to drag these out here and there, is it worth while to note Anime Only Battles like Team 8 vs. the White Zetsu in the mines and such?—This unsigned comment was made by Hawkeye2701 (talk • contribs) .